As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Zelda] thread broke! Time to use the good weapons, I guess.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Found a shrine where I had to tilt a ball through a maze with the Wii U gamepad. After a couple goes I discovered I could rotate the maze on its side and just roll the ball right into the chute from the outside.

Maybe it's just perception,since people rarely talk about how they did a thing in a routine manner, but I don't think I've heard of anyone solving that shrine without cheating.

I actually did it without cheating because I was determined to. Then I heard about the cheat and stopped playing for a few hours.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    edit: This solution is ingenious, though, and really shows how robust the game's physics engine is.

In that presentation going around where they talked about their 2D prototype they distinguished their physics engine (how things move) from what they call a chemistry engine (how things change states) and I think that's a really interesting and important distinction

Most games with something similar talk specifically about fire propagation and the like and don't treat these interactions as a combined system. The only game I can think of that did something similar would be Scribblenauts

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Found a shrine where I had to tilt a ball through a maze with the Wii U gamepad. After a couple goes I discovered I could rotate the maze on its side and just roll the ball right into the chute from the outside.

Maybe it's just perception,since people rarely talk about how they did a thing in a routine manner, but I don't think I've heard of anyone solving that shrine without cheating.

I actually did it without cheating because I was determined to. Then I heard about the cheat and stopped playing for a few hours.

I did it legit because the cheat just straight up never occurred to me

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Same here
    And then there's a later shrine with a similar puzzle and I thought aha! I know how this works! And I flipped the board over and the underside was completely covered with spikes

You win again, Nintendo

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    I wish this game had some kind of Bunny Hood set. Move Speed Up on each piece, with a set bonus of halved stamina for running, similar to how the Climbing Gear and Zora Armor are set up.

Just let Link nyerm everywhere at maximum speed.

Well (equipment spoilers)
    The full Sheikah set does this, but only at nighttime.

As does a set that is sold by Kilton.

If you don't know who that is, and want a clue
    I believe a guard at East Akkala stable can point you to him.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular

I did it legitimately while yelling ROLLLLGOALLLL the whole time

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I did it legitimately, then noticed there was a chest in there! So I tilted it juuuust so, which allowed me to run inside the maze and get the chest!

On my way out I passed by the spot where the ball normally drops, stared at it for five seconds, and said "GOD DAMMIT" out loud

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Let he who hasn't spent hundreds of dollars to purchase small plastic figures used to confer ingame items cast the first stone

but not at the amiibos. They were expensive.

qd7ukedv6q6a.jpg

• Options
    So I beat the game.

Well, not "beat" it, but I did see the credits. I don't know when I'm going to feel like I beat this thing.

I'll save my full impressions for now. May post thoughts over the next bit.

One question though for people who have beaten it:

Final Battle Spoilers
    No seriously, final battle spoilers
    Which horse spawned for you guys, at the very end?

I appeared in Hyrule Field, and Kokuo was waiting for me, and I nearly cried

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I found a shrine. It had a little energy robot in there with a sword and shield. I parried it and laughed as everything it tried was bounced back and I was untouched. Then when it hit low health it jumped back and started to do a big "gathering energy" visual effect. I scoffed and readied to bounce the beam right back. It proceeded to blast me enough times that I was rag-dolled across the room, got up, and took another sequence of blasts that consumed all three fairies in my inventory. I reloaded, went back in, and this time when it did the same move I put on the best 2H weapon I had and hit it as hard as possible before it could get the move off.

Now I guess I'm going to be getting annoyed at Zoras that keep stopping me to go tell me to meet some prince dude or whatever.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    So I beat the game.

Well, not "beat" it, but I did see the credits. I don't know when I'm going to feel like I beat this thing.

Final Battle Spoilers

my giant horse Giantorss did

which is what I road up to the castle gates so I'm assuming it's whatever horse you have active on the field/had active last

• Options
    So I beat the game.

Final Battle Spoilers

which is what I road up to the castle gates so I'm assuming it's whatever horse you have active on the field/had active last
    I know for a fact this isn't the case

My last horse I had at, or the one I had active at the time, was the Princess's horse, named Pearl

Kokuo, my giant horse, appeared for me in the end. I assume because I had spent the most time with him, and when it really mattered he came for me

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    So I beat the game.

Final Battle Spoilers

My last horse I had at, or the one I had active at the time, was the Princess's horse, named Pearl

Kokuo, my giant horse, appeared for me in the end. I assume because I had spent the most time with him, and when it really mattered he came for me
    maybe it's the one you used the most then

• Options
    So I beat the game.

Final Battle Spoilers

my language was too strong there, sorry

I don't know it for a fact

I just... I just got real strong horse feelings and that hasn't happened to me since Shadow of the Colossus

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I just realized I can go murder Stone Talus again and get more jewels. Considering my last haul got me 1K+ rupees it seems like a profitable venture after every Blood Moon.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    West Fairy Fountain
    "Wait until the afternoon and the tower's shadow will point to it"

*Warps to tower* Alright, I only slept until morning but I'm sure it won't be *beat* found it, boy that was easy.

• Options
    I found a Blupee in the forest. Snuck up, took a picture, and managed to hit it once before it started going haywire until it disappeared.

Hmm. Wonder if I could Stasis it next time?

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I found a Blupee in the forest. Snuck up, took a picture, and managed to hit it once before it started going haywire until it disappeared.

Hmm. Wonder if I could Stasis it next time?

Stasis only works on evil creatures so probably not. If you haven't already, there's a quest involving a picture of a Blupee, I think it was in one of the Hylian villages.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    West Fairy Fountain
    "Wait until the afternoon and the tower's shadow will point to it"

*Warps to tower* Alright, I only slept until morning but I'm sure it won't be *beat* found it, boy that was easy.

Yeah, saw that one like 2 seconds after getting the map, though admittedly I knew it would be there because of the same quest

I like that there's basically no way to avoid missing 2 of the fountains short of being literally blind. Plus NPCs mention clues to a third, and that's probably all you need to beat the game normally.

Armor spoilers:
    Okay so the Snowquill chest and legs look really boss, they combo so well with the Hylian Hood that I really feel like that should have been the top rather than those stupid braids.

Plus none of the components to upgrade are very hard to acquire! In a non-completion run I'd make the argument that Snowquill is what you should focus on upgrading. Obviously you want the whole Zora set because it's not difficult to get and it's free, but upgrading that's been a huge pain with trying to find Hearty Bass.

I got the whole Ancient Armor set but it looks kind of dumb? I dunno, considering how painful it's going to be to get to Tier 4 I kinda think I'm better off just ignoring it. I'll probably upgrade the Soldier Armor all the way in case I need raw defensive power, and maybe get the crown that gives guardian resist if I need it. Diamonds are legitimately easier to come by than Cores.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Man the snow bowling game is soooo Damn easy. I'm pulling in over 10k in like 20 minutes and I almost feel like a cheater heh. This dude has to be mega rich to just be giving me his rupees like this.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Man the snow bowling game is soooo Damn easy. I'm pulling in over 10k in like 20 minutes and I almost feel like a cheater heh. This dude has to be mega rich to just be giving me his rupees like this.

Pondo is a gentleman

His house is one of the only places in the game that lets you use the bed!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'm real bad at snowling

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Macro9 wrote: »

Pondo is a gentleman

His house is one of the only places in the game that lets you use the bed!

Shit man. Can't hate the guy. Hell he helped me finance my own home. He can sleep in my bed if he ever hits hard times.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    This dude wants me to hunt as many deer as I can in one minute. He does not want to give me a stock of arrows to do so.

Nah fuck you guy. Unless you say they all drop prime meat I'm not biting.

• Options
    Deer drop prime meat 100% of the time

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Deer drop prime meat 100% of the time

Then I guess he's hired an exterminator. Or that's what I would say if these deer didn't seem to be completely ignoring my 3-piece stealth gear and running away the moment I try to line up a shot.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    If you want prime meat just go wander around the mountains.

I have killed so many wolves I'm not even bothering to hunt other animals anymore. I'm pretty sure I've killed more wolves than moblins.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I ran into a white bokoblin.

It nearly kicked my ass which would be weird because no regular enemy has in a while.

Only stuff giving me trouble were the yiga guys and the boss of my fourth dungeon.

I dunno I think this game has major difficulty tuning issues.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    So I beat the game.

Final Battle Spoilers

my language was too strong there, sorry

I don't know it for a fact

I just... I just got real strong horse feelings and that hasn't happened to me since Shadow of the Colossus
    my horse was my first horse, Jorse, which was a run-of-the-mill spotted horse with max bond
    I've ridden my other horses for way longer - I assumed it took first horse with the highest bond at the time
    i was mad because i had just invested substantial effort into a horse of another color

Kind of interested to know if that is correct- I've since caught a bunch of random horses to kick him out so the highest bond I have now is with the one I want

I'll kill these horses if I gotta, though I don't think there's any real reason to do the end again unless it's hard mode or something

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I finished it

It was worth the wait

Best Zelda? Definitely best Zelda

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Final battle
    I made it take way longer by insisting that all of my arrow shots be jumping bullet-time shots

Worth it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I finished it

It was worth the wait

the end fight, jesus christ, I was not prepared for it

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Okay so, I've been wanting to upgrade some of the more advanced equipment sets, except these sets require parts from.... very advanced quarry. And I don't mean Lynels.
    I went online and found the time and place where each of the "Ghostly trio" spawns, if anyone else is interested.

Extra spoiler for those who were curious but want to back out now.
    Farosh; Emerges from the northwest part of Lake Hylia every night at 12:05. The tower on the north end of the bridge is a perfect spot to get a shot at him. You don't even need Revali's gale if you head out about 10 seconds early. He gives off electricity, so bring rubber armor, or be prepared to collect your dropped equipment from the water.

Dinraal can be found at the Eldin Great Skeleton, one of the three leviathans, every morning (or usually) He descends down and passes right over the skull. Revali's gale will get you right in range to shoot whatever you need.

To find Naydra, head to the Lanayru Road east Gate. You find one of the memories over there. Naydra passes right through the canyon there most mornings. Just scale the cliff on the left side and you'll get a shot at 'em.

I've got tons of dragon parts, now that I got em on lockdown; scales, claws, horn fragments.

Buuuut it turns out that the third upgrade for the wild set requires FANGS.

I gotta shoot em in the MOUF I guess! The farming continues.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I finished it

It was worth the wait

I'll need to think on this a bit more I guess

But it's true that the game is a visceral pleasure to play. Not like Skyward Sword, where I enjoy the mechanics and admire the design everywhere I look; moment-to-moment Breath of the Wild feels good, feels fun, in every thing you do. There's a level of craft on display that either the tech or the design wherewithal was never able to support in previous entries.

The flurry rush and the parry alone.

I think there's a sense that there could be more to the game, because you see the system they have here and the possibilities for what they could do in the future is staggering... but at the same time what we have right here, right now? It is so fine. It is so precise, and open, and free, and fun, and allows for attachments to characters you might not expect and to mechanics in strange ways.

Ah, it's a good game. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a pretty fun game.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I beat Rudania

It was fine, not super challenging but that wasn't a surprise

Daruk is my bro though

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I'm real bad at snowling

Can someone point me to snow bowling

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Fuck the motion control puzzles

I spent two hours earlier this week trying to finish one before bed. Woke up the next morning and my girlfriend did it on the first try

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Phew, those major tests of strength are great opportunities to practice parrying/dodging. I've slayed one vanilla guardian and two of the shrine guardians deflecting their lasers. More often than not I fuck up the first shot (and lose a shield in the process) but it's so satisfying when you nail it.

• Options
    I never got the hang of dodging or partying the mini guardians, their animations always throw me off

I just run behind them, then when they start laser spinning use the updraft to fly up and pelt them with slowmo arrows and then wail on them when I land to kill them before they can charge up their big laser

This discussion has been closed.