As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Horizon Zero Dawn] Out now on PC and PS4!

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Spaffy wrote: »
    I think I missed a couple of crucial data entries, as I found one later on referring to
    Project Odyssey

I was definitely able to figure out what it was, but I was clearly supposed to have already heard about it by that point. Is there anywhere I can read all the data entries?

Project Odyssey:
    Project Odyssey was a plan to colonize the Sirius system.

It was announced 2041, as a multinational effort, expected to be ready to launch in 2080. The plan was to use a small crew of about 50-60 people, and to bring 200,000 embryos to kick-start human civilization on a new planet. In 2051, India announce that it had completed the drives for the ship. In 2057, the failure of Europe and America to do their part and to cooperate on the project resulted in the cancellation of the program.

In 2061, a man named Osvald Dalgaard acquired the assets of the program on behalf of a shadowy group of investors, with the intent of restarting the project, under the name "Far Zenith." Approximately seven months after the Faro plague began, on April 1, 2065, Far Zenith announced that Odyssey was complete. On July 15, 2065, the Odyssey was launched; included on board was an Alpha build of APOLLO. APOLLO was made possible to deliver on deadline due to Far Zenith having provided Zero Dawn with Homer, their own repository of human information; Far Zenith also provided the chambers ELEUTHIA used to create humans. Shortly after launch, it was announced that a drive failure destroyed the Odyssey as it tried to leave the system.

There are a lot of secondary theories regarding Far Zenith and the Odyssey.
    • Firstly, most importantly, did the ship actually explode? It have been reported as destroyed by Far Zenith to ensure that the Faro swarm didn't try to follow it. If it didn't explode, was Elisabet aware of this? The only note we have on her response to the Far Zenith being destroyed is the note that she sent to the Alphas. You'll recall that Elisabet sent all of humanity to die on a lie, that Zero Dawn would save them. To lie about Odyssey would be a drop on the moral bucket compared to that. She might have done it to ensure that they stayed motivated to the end.
    • Who were the shadowy group behind the Far Zenith project? Some of the more sinister theories are that it was a death cult ("Naysay Doom") or an AI (Vast Silver, which originally was supposed to do weather, and which may have become a huge horror movie fan).
    I kind of hope Odyssey doesn't come back, with fully-informed and educated humans on board.
    That sounds a little too close to the Enclave to me, especially with shadowy backers.
    HZD has impressed me with how un-Fallout-y it's been, despite the same post-apocalypse basis and shared writer from New Vegas.

But then like I said, this game constantly surprised me by letting me think one post-apoc cliché was in play then taking a hard swerve, so we'll see. If they do announce Horizon Far Zenith, I'll be down with it.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I think I missed a couple of crucial data entries, as I found one later on referring to
    Project Odyssey

I was definitely able to figure out what it was, but I was clearly supposed to have already heard about it by that point. Is there anywhere I can read all the data entries?

Project Odyssey:

It was announced 2041, as a multinational effort, expected to be ready to launch in 2080. The plan was to use a small crew of about 50-60 people, and to bring 200,000 embryos to kick-start human civilization on a new planet. In 2051, India announce that it had completed the drives for the ship. In 2057, the failure of Europe and America to do their part and to cooperate on the project resulted in the cancellation of the program.

In 2061, a man named Osvald Dalgaard acquired the assets of the program on behalf of a shadowy group of investors, with the intent of restarting the project, under the name "Far Zenith." Approximately seven months after the Faro plague began, on April 1, 2065, Far Zenith announced that Odyssey was complete. On July 15, 2065, the Odyssey was launched; included on board was an Alpha build of APOLLO. APOLLO was made possible to deliver on deadline due to Far Zenith having provided Zero Dawn with Homer, their own repository of human information; Far Zenith also provided the chambers ELEUTHIA used to create humans. Shortly after launch, it was announced that a drive failure destroyed the Odyssey as it tried to leave the system.

• Firstly, most importantly, did the ship actually explode? It have been reported as destroyed by Far Zenith to ensure that the Faro swarm didn't try to follow it. If it didn't explode, was Elisabet aware of this? The only note we have on her response to the Far Zenith being destroyed is the note that she sent to the Alphas. You'll recall that Elisabet sent all of humanity to die on a lie, that Zero Dawn would save them. To lie about Odyssey would be a drop on the moral bucket compared to that. She might have done it to ensure that they stayed motivated to the end.
    • Who were the shadowy group behind the Far Zenith project? Some of the more sinister theories are that it was a death cult ("Naysay Doom") or an AI (Vast Silver, which originally was supposed to do weather, and which may have become a huge horror movie fan).
    I kind of hope Odyssey doesn't come back, with fully-informed and educated humans on board.
    That sounds a little too close to the Enclave to me, especially with shadowy backers.
    HZD has impressed me with how un-Fallout-y it's been, despite the same post-apocalypse basis and shared writer from New Vegas.

But then like I said, this game constantly surprised me by letting me think one post-apoc cliché was in play then taking a hard swerve, so we'll see. If they do announce Horizon Far Zenith, I'll be down with it.
    I don't know if I'd want them as a straight villain, but one of the game's big philosophical debates (at least in the logs and exploration) revolved around whether humanity was better off starting completely form scratch (the Faro idea) or if the loss of knowledge was a great tragedy (Sylens stand). Elisabet seemed torn on the question, and I don't know if we ever really got Aloy's perspective on it.

• SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I'll also say that this is the first game since the Mass Effect series that has grabbed me this way. From the start I was entranced with the narrative they slowly spun out. Guerilla have done something very special here.

I was not especially impressed by the earlier parts of the story, but I'm coming up on the end now and damn is there some brutal stuff, both personally and for the planet, and the mix of human and scifi elements in simple and advanced societies is really grabbing me.
    I figured the black machines were part of the army that wiped out the human race, but they ate every living thing on the planet? That is dark, and I was not expecting that. I figured it was just something where humanity blasted the planet to kill the bots and poisoned most of it, then had stuff in motion to bring it back.

As for the mix of the tribal and advanced story elements
    I love the fact that I want to kill the primitive screwhead enemies so much for just being moron humans with no idea they're literally going to get the entire planet killed again, after the planet was originally killed by people being greedy primitive screwheads.

This bad guy is such a dumb asshole he can't even see how much an idiot he is, which just makes me want to kill him even more. Well, let the robots eat him, anyway.

This is a great setting overall, they really nail an astounding mix of gorgeous natural environments with harsh, barren mechanical ones. Can't wait to see where they go with this franchise, because there is a ton of things they could do.

Can't read these, as it seems like I have several missions left, but:
    as of the exploration of the dead Horus?Octobot in the north, the story still just seems serviceable. In particular, the hologram sequence with all the generals talking to Sobeck just came across kinda hammy with dialogue I'd expect out of an 80s movie. The more personal real dialogue scenes are certainly better, but nothing blows me away, and is a couple of notches less immersive as Witcher 3, Last of Us, or Red Dead, not that those aren't super good examples or anything. I still think the strong point here is the top notch gameplay and gorgeous world.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Project Odyssey

Project Odyssey:

Firstly: You're awesome, thank you. The first I ever heard of it was
    The data entry saying that it 'sploded. Bummer

Secondly: Ooh that's kind of mysterious. The very first thing I thought reading your hypothetical questions at the end was that
    Did Ted Faro die? I didn't hear about his death in any data-thingummys. Maybe he was on that ship, and maybe it was that ship that sent the signal that woke up HADES.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Project Odyssey

Project Odyssey:

I don't know if I'd want them as a straight villain, but one of the game's big philosophical debates (at least in the logs and exploration) revolved around whether humanity was better off starting completely form scratch (the Faro idea) or if the loss of knowledge was a great tragedy (Sylens stand). Elisabet seemed torn on the question, and I don't know if we ever really got Aloy's perspective on it.

I don't think that there was much debate there.
    Aloy had concerns about Sylens methods, but there was nothing that I saw that indicated that she had any sympathy for Ted. And Elisabet really seemed pretty against Ted all game.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    Project Odyssey

Project Odyssey:

Aloy had concerns about Sylens methods, but there was nothing that I saw that indicated that she had any sympathy for Ted. And Elisabet really seemed pretty against Ted all game.

Aloy was overtly upset that APOLLO was deleted

• jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    I'm so torn! I want to power through the game and get to the end so I can read all the spoilers here and discuss the game worry free, but at the same time I don't want to rush through the game because it's so awesome exploring and taking down herds and finding vantages and all the rest...

• LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    You can probably do most of the story missions just to get to spoiler-free territory, and do all the other stuff before the final one.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Project Odyssey

Project Odyssey:

Not really Ted, but the idea of preserving modern civilization's knowledge. There's a log where Elisabet expresses concern about whether Apollo is a good idea or not long before Ted goes rogue. I forgot the exact wording, but she clearly sees the downside of giving humanity a chance to mess up again.

But the difference is that she still okays the project.

Phillishere on
    Project Odyssey

Project Odyssey:

It seemed to me that it was spreading the message that ignorance was the problem.
    Sylens would never have worked with HADES if he'd known what it was and what it intended to do. Yes, the pursuit of knowledge made him reckless and irresponsible, but that was knowledge that was denied to him, thanks to Ted's super-smart decision. He wasn't a man who was driven to do dangerous things for their own sake; he wanted to learn, and there was only one source of knowledge available.
    Humanity starting over and developing their own superstitions led to the Red Raids, along with the Shadow Carja who would listen to the 'Buried Shadow'. Deleting APOLLO didn't save humanity from making the Old One's mistakes, it just made sure they wouldn't know about them, so they could be able to repeat them.

It'd take a lot of new information to convince me that Ted was really concerned with that more than a new generation of humans knowing that he was such a bonehead. About 70% of the stuff we find about him is him trying to make sure his mistake didn't become widely known. The rest is him assuming that what other people are doing will end the way his actions did; badly.
    I will give him one credit for pushing for the killswitch for GAIA, as if I'm getting it right that's what Aloy used to kill HADES.
    But minus several billion for the whole 'wipe-out-the-planet,-then-reduce-the-next-to-near-barbarism' thing.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Project Odyssey

Project Odyssey:

It seemed to me that it was spreading the message that ignorance was the problem.
    Sylens would never have worked with HADES if he'd known what it was and what it intended to do. Yes, the pursuit of knowledge made him reckless and irresponsible, but that was knowledge that was denied to him, thanks to Ted's super-smart decision. He wasn't a man who was driven to do dangerous things for their own sake; he wanted to learn, and there was only one source of knowledge available.
    Humanity starting over and developing their own superstitions led to the Red Raids, along with the Shadow Carja who would listen to the 'Buried Shadow'. Deleting APOLLO didn't save humanity from making the Old One's mistakes, it just made sure they wouldn't know about them, so they could be able to repeat them.

It'd take a lot of new information to convince me that Ted was really concerned with that more than a new generation of humans knowing that he was such a bonehead. About 70% of the stuff we find about him is him trying to make sure his mistake didn't become widely known. The rest is him assuming that what other people are doing will end the way his actions did; badly.
    I will give him one credit for pushing for the killswitch for GAIA, as if I'm getting it right that's what Aloy used to kill HADES.
    But minus several billion for the whole 'wipe-out-the-planet,-then-reduce-the-next-to-near-barbarism' thing.

absolute end of game spoilers
    Sylens is more than happy to work with HADES even knowing what it is and what it intends to do. He's a monster, through and through, seeking personal enlightenment at the cost of everything.

At the end of the game (after the credits) he has an AI in a box...momentarily. But he's plainly willing to unleash it if he just gets access to the information he wants.

Orca on
    Project Odyssey

Project Odyssey:

Sylens is more than happy to work with HADES even knowing what it is and what it intends to do. He's a monster, through and through, seeking personal enlightenment at the cost of everything.

At the end of the game (after the credits) he has an AI in a box...momentarily. But he's plainly willing to unleash it if he just gets access to the information he wants.
    There's no sign he's suicidal, though. He now knows that HADES wants to kill everything. Being included in the subset of everything, I presume he's planning to keep HADES as a voice in a box, where it can't do anything but talk to him, and get it to give him information.
    Is it a stupid risk? Absolutely, but he clearly thinks he's learned from his mistake, and can do it right this time.

There's no sign he's suicidal, though. He now knows that HADES wants to kill everything. Being included in the subset of everything, I presume he's planning to keep HADES as a voice in a box, where it can't do anything but talk to him, and get it to give him information.
    Is it a stupid risk? Absolutely, but he clearly thinks he's learned from his mistake, and can do it right this time.
    He's taking Hades to a Titan class fabrication robot. That counts as suicidal in my book.

He's taking Hades to a Titan class fabrication robot. That counts as suicidal in my book.
    I assume it's like the one it was stuck in before; something that can hold its mind, but can't actually act. HADES doesn't seem to be able to re-activate these things on its own. If it could have gotten the Titan it was stuck in working, that would have been endgame right there.

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular

Your argument is plainly wrong. That's a Horus type fabrication robot, which is the finest in Faro Automated Solutions titan class peacekeepers. /tedfarospeak

Seriously though, I'm wondering if Sylens is trying to activate the Machine Devil just for it's manufacturing capabilities. He seems too smart to try to take over the world or something.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Your argument is plainly wrong. That's a Horus type fabrication robot, which is the finest in Faro Automated Solutions titan class peacekeepers. /tedfarospeak

Seriously though, I'm wondering if Sylens is trying to activate the Machine Devil just for it's manufacturing capabilities. He seems too smart to try to take over the world or something.

I just beat it last night, Major Ending Spoilers:
    Arguably Sylens may not be taking hades to the robot....he went to the robot knowing It would try and flee to it if it was defeated by Aloy so he could trap it. He probably intends to go there with it, but I'm pretty sure hes not stupid enough to give Hades a body at this point, but rather find a way to get hades knowledge without actually giving him anything. Of course this could go wrong, and thats in setting up a sequel or DLC i gather. Likewise, the 'reboot' of GEIA that was suppose to happen after hades was destroyed was not pursued afterward yet so there is definately room for a sequel .

The thing i find most annoying about the storyline is why the hell Ted Faro was in the Alpha group at all. Everyone, including the Military Generals knew he caused the problem. Keeping him around to pretend to be working on the problem for the publics sake i understand, but the guy was hardly smart enough a scientist to belong in the Final group of Alphas, and I find it hard to believe he was able to hack his way into Primes system to destroy Apollo and kill the other Alphas, especially in GEIA's own house where she likely could have prevented it. Guy shoulda been shown the door and fed to the swarm weeks before ZD day. In fact, there is even a text datapoint about how he was suppose to be sitting out the end in his own super delux shelter, then suddenly hes in the Alpha Prime location.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Faro paid the bills.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • StasisStasis Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Arguably Sylens may not be taking hades to the robot....he went to the robot knowing It would try and flee to it if it was defeated by Aloy so he could trap it. He probably intends to go there with it, but I'm pretty sure hes not stupid enough to give Hades a body at this point, but rather find a way to get hades knowledge without actually giving him anything. Of course this could go wrong, and thats in setting up a sequel or DLC i gather. Likewise, the 'reboot' of GEIA that was suppose to happen after hades was destroyed was not pursued afterward yet so there is definately room for a sequel .

The thing i find most annoying about the storyline is why the hell Ted Faro was in the Alpha group at all. Everyone, including the Military Generals knew he caused the problem. Keeping him around to pretend to be working on the problem for the publics sake i understand, but the guy was hardly smart enough a scientist to belong in the Final group of Alphas, and I find it hard to believe he was able to hack his way into Primes system to destroy Apollo and kill the other Alphas, especially in GEIA's own house where she likely could have prevented it. Guy shoulda been shown the door and fed to the swarm weeks before ZD day. In fact, there is even a text datapoint about how he was suppose to be sitting out the end in his own super delux shelter, then suddenly hes in the Alpha Prime location.
    I didn't think Ted was at GAIA Prime since they were in a remote meeting when he killed the Alphas (he didn't go down with them, of course). But then I realized he left audio logs in the facility... That's kind of odd. But they did button up early, so maybe he was only supposed to be there temporarily, but got unexpectedly locked in with the rest of them when Wichita was overrun.

Another confusing point in regards to GAIA Prime is that the facility lockdown was supposed to prevent signals being detected from the outside so the Swarm couldn't find them (i.e. the reason Dr. Sobeck died), so how were they communicating with GAIA's components to continue working on them, or to remotely wipe out APOLLO?

Stasis wrote: »

I didn't think Ted was at GAIA Prime since they were in a remote meeting when he killed the Alphas (he didn't go down with them, of course). But then I realized he left audio logs in the facility... That's kind of odd. But they did button up early, so maybe he was only supposed to be there temporarily, but got unexpectedly locked in with the rest of them when Wichita was overrun.

Another confusing point in regards to GAIA Prime is that the facility lockdown was supposed to prevent signals being detected from the outside so the Swarm couldn't find them (i.e. the reason Dr. Sobeck died), so how were they communicating with GAIA's components to continue working on them, or to remotely wipe out APOLLO?
    Probably buried fiber optic cable to other sealed sites. No leakage. Don't know it's there unless you run over it.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Stasis wrote: »

Probably buried fiber optic cable to other sealed sites. No leakage. Don't know it's there unless you run over it.

Communication:
    It's the Future you might as well just go with "Quantum Entanglement Air Gaps" or whatever.

Faro:
    I think it's wrong to assume he's a dumb dumb and couldn't hang with the alphas. He was stupid in some very specific ways but he was successful in robot building land before Elizabet showed up.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    Faro
    he didn't hack anything? I assumed he used the backdoor he insisted was installed and, I think, GAIA agreed with?

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Yay. Finished, despite a couple more corruption errors, managed to get it up and running anf finish the game. Enjoyed it quite a bit. But it was now been scoured from the hard drive in the hopes it is the sole culprit in my PS4 woes.
    We'll see how it goes once Persona 5 rolls around.

Oakey wrote: »
    Faro
    he didn't hack anything? I assumed he used the backdoor he insisted was installed and, I think, GAIA agreed with?
    If I've got it right (and I might not):
    The killswitch he discussed with Elizabet and GAIA was the master override we used to kill HADES at the end.
    Omega Protocol wasn't the same thing, but was him hedging his bets/learning from his past mistakes with the swarm. Earlier he seemed incredulous that they listened to him and made the swarm hack-proof ("You always include a back door"). Since he was the one funding ZD, it makes sense he'd leave a way in while they were building the facilities.

@DevoutlyApathetic
    Faro:
    I think it's wrong to assume he's a dumb dumb and couldn't hang with the alphas. He was stupid in some very specific ways but he was successful in robot building land before Elizabet showed up.[/quote]
    Well, his bio (from a datapoint) says he dropped out of technical college after 2 years to start a business and that his business was failing...it also suggests reading inbetween the lines that the only reason his company did not fail early on was because of Elizabet's designs. Then by the time he started selling war machines and she left, he had the momentum and other people riding on Elizabet's base technology to continue being a sucess but at that time he was just a businessman. So I still consider him not smart enough or in a position to contribute anything besides mailing in a check to have been anywhere near the Alpha Prime Facility. You COULD argue slightly that Fero's final actions were out of depression from Elizabet's death, and he likely would not have done it if Elizabet was still alive. Not saying it makes it right, but That, and the fact that Elizabet knew he caused this and did not reveal it to the world says they obviously had some kind of relationship early on that went south. If Faro was in the Alphas only because of Elizabet's lingering attachment to him, she made a huge mistake.

He wasn't with the Alphas. The speech he gave to them as he murdered them was via hologram.

• OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    Oakey wrote: »
    Faro
    If I've got it right (and I might not):
    The killswitch he discussed with Elizabet and GAIA was the master override we used to kill HADES at the end.
    Omega Protocol wasn't the same thing, but was him hedging his bets/learning from his past mistakes with the swarm. Earlier he seemed incredulous that they listened to him and made the swarm hack-proof ("You always include a back door"). Since he was the one funding ZD, it makes sense he'd leave a way in while they were building the facilities.

I'm sure Omega protocol is mentioned in that same conversation but I could be wrong

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I spent last night and this morning finishing up the collectibles and any sidequests I had left. I'm probably 65% through? I should check again later, because I'm curious how much I have left. My main story missions are at
    Ersa has been "rescued" and Sylens tasked me with taking down the Eclipse Focus network.
    I'm worried about missing data entries, because that page is missing a TON of them. Though if Grave-Hoard is any indication, I'm due for another orgy of data. I think I've been really good about catching all of those in the story missions, but the world entries? God only knows how many I may have missed.

Also, my feels were not prepared for reading all of the Vantage entries. I'm kind of annoyed that they aren't laid out in chronological order in the collectibles screen, because I stopped reading them once I realized I only had a few left. Little did I know that the next entry (from left to right) that I got was actually the final entry. Such a great piece of writing.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the Vantage story is top-notch.

As to main missions left, you have:
    ~5 Main-main quests, plus a "side-main" questline for Sunfall.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Regarding Sylens
    I would hold off on saying he's a maniac hell-bent on knowledge at any cost. For one thing, he's already risked his own life to stop HADES, so he knows letting it have any power is a really bad idea.

Much more importantly, he talks to HADES about "Masters"; Sylens has figured out that the HADES is not itself responsible for being unleashed, because the signal that caused all of GAIA's functions to split off and become rogue popped up just twenty years before the current events of the game.

Yeah, HADES is bad news, but the world isn't safe yet and somebody out there is sufficiently advanced to fuck up the most advanced piece of software ever made to the point that part of it almost kills the planet again. And at this point, Sylens is the only one thinking of that fact, and HADES is the only route to finding out who that is so they don't do it again.

A dangerous thing, but legitimately a necessary risk to prevent another HADES-grade shitstorm and to help get humanity and the world back on track.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Random musing re: plot and setting. Endgame stuffs and all, but mainly as context.
    Recently I read this old sci-fi short story called For a Breath I Tarry. I really wonder if any of this game's writers were influenced by that, because there are some pretty interesting parallels.

The setup of the story is that humanity has set up super-efficient self-sustaining robot swarms that keep the planet alive, but a war between various human factions accidentally injures the master-AI that oversees everything, which triggers a sub-system meant to wrest control if anything happens to the master-AI, and the master-AI and the sub-system (Gaia and Hades?) end up going to "war" over control of the planet and wiping out humanity on accident as a side effect. So while not exactly the same thread of cause and effect, you can sort of see the same elements jumbled around a bit.

I was sort of thinking about this when reading some of my datalogs and I came across one about a case called "Schott vs Frost", and the main character in the short story is an AI named Frost, so it made me think it was worth mentioning at least.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.

He wasn't with the Alphas. The speech he gave to them as he murdered them was via hologram.
    There were several audio recordings found of him in GEIA primes ruin.

edited March 2017

There were also logs talking about him being locked away in his own pyramid-shaped bunker, Sequel HookThebes.
    I'm not putting too much weight into the fact that logs were lying around. In his office in Makers End, a computer managed to recover damaged files, which caused physical objects to spontaneously appear out of thin air. It's just a gameplay thing.

klemming on
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Regarding Sylens
    I would hold off on saying he's a maniac hell-bent on knowledge at any cost. For one thing, he's already risked his own life to stop HADES, so he knows letting it have any power is a really bad idea.

Much more importantly, he talks to HADES about "Masters"; Sylens has figured out that the HADES is not itself responsible for being unleashed, because the signal that caused all of GAIA's functions to split off and become rogue popped up just twenty years before the current events of the game.

Yeah, HADES is bad news, but the world isn't safe yet and somebody out there is sufficiently advanced to fuck up the most advanced piece of software ever made to the point that part of it almost kills the planet again. And at this point, Sylens is the only one thinking of that fact, and HADES is the only route to finding out who that is so they don't do it again.

A dangerous thing, but legitimately a necessary risk to prevent another HADES-grade shitstorm and to help get humanity and the world back on track.

I agree. As I see it right now,
    Sylens is trying to save the world, and is very aware that Aloy would simply want HADES destroyed, whereas Sylens thinks that he can force HADES to help him. Make no mistake, I think that Sylens is Evil, with a capital E. But he's not stupid.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Holy shit, today's patch lets you hold x to buy multiple items. Best patch ever.

They were all messages sent TO people at Gaia Prime, no? One of the logs from a female Alpha specifically comments that she's glad he's locked up in his luxury thingy somewhere.[/quote]

Regarding Sylens

Sylens is trying to save the world, and is very aware that Aloy would simply want HADES destroyed, whereas Sylens thinks that he can force HADES to help him. Make no mistake, I think that Sylens is Evil, with a capital E. But he's not stupid.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure Sylens wants to Be The Guy

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Regarding Sylens

Yeah I'm pretty sure Sylens wants to Be The Guy
    Eh, he was willing to let somebody else run the show while he was learning things from HADES. He doesn't want to be in charge, he just wants to learn stuff, he's totally willing to let somebody else run things if he can do that.

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    Holy shit, today's patch lets you hold x to buy multiple items. Best patch ever.

Anyone know what adjustments they made to the item economy and AI?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Oh my god. I just found out what Zero Dawn is.

Holy shit.

Seriously, my jaw dropped.

And the worst part? I HAVE to go to sleep! I just want to go through the next door and see what's what, but I caaaaaaan't!

Game is fucking amazing.

• madspookymadspooky San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    I wish there was a way to track power cells. I've picked them up as I've played the game (while not really keeping track or looking at guides to find out where they are) and found myself to be missing two. However, since the game doesn't seem to label where you pulled each cell, it's becoming a bit disheartening to have to go back through all the different areas, outside of the quest string which seems to be the easiest way to get them, to try and find them.

Anyone know if I'm missing something and if there'd be an indicator anywhere?

This discussion has been closed.