As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Zelda] thread broke! Time to use the good weapons, I guess.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I ran into a white bokoblin.

It nearly kicked my ass which would be weird because no regular enemy has in a while.

Only stuff giving me trouble were the yiga guys and the boss of my fourth dungeon.

I dunno I think this game has major difficulty tuning issues.

Pretty sure any given "strong" enemy out in the wild could kick the everloving shit out of Ganon

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I never got the hang of dodging or partying the mini guardians, their animations always throw me off

I just run behind them, then when they start laser spinning use the updraft to fly up and pelt them with slowmo arrows and then wail on them when I land to kill them before they can charge up their big laser

This major test I just did didn't have any pillars to hide behind, but the floor was covered in water. So I used my thunder blade or whatever the hell it's called to just zap the guy repeatedly (shock arrows work too). I imagine they do that anyway, water on the floor or not, but it was a handy way to buy time if I needed it.

Their animations are jerky, but there's a nice rhythm to their swings that you can lock into. The spears sort of fuck me up though, and the reason I think I haven't nailed parrying other enemies is because they're a lot less predictable in their movements.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I love the idea of rubber being ancient lost technology.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I beat Rudania

It was fine, not super challenging but that wasn't a surprise

Daruk is my bro though

(final battle spoilers)
    When the four of them are all pitching in for the fight, Daruk has the best battle cry

"OPEN UP WIDE, GANON!"

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    With all the electricity puzzles out west I kinda wish the gerudo town had basic electricity

How cool would it have been to be stumbling through the desert and then see a path of electric lights guiding you through the sandstorms to the bazaar lit up like a Christmas tree

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Had a fight with a guardian and we slid down Death Mountain into a hotspring.
    C7VqSKOUwAE8nbe.jpg

Still trying to kill me.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Hello Zelda thread, I can't read very much of you because despite putting about 30 hours into the game so far I still haven't made it to Kakariko village yet. My slightly OCD nature compels me to perform a one-man dragnet of each zone before I can proceed. I'll get back to you sometime next year when I'm closing in on the halfway point.

On the plus side, I have so many fucking mushrooms. And last time I ran out of money I just sold all my bokoblin teeth and got like 800 rupees.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Cool thing involving the Master Sword
    If you don't have enough hearts to retrieve it, but you do have enough orbs to get enough hearts, the Deku Tree will point this out to you.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Cool thing involving the Master Sword
    If you don't have enough hearts to retrieve it, but you do have enough orbs to get enough hearts, the Deku Tree will point this out to you.

thats a neat little touch

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I never got the hang of dodging or partying the mini guardians, their animations always throw me off

I just run behind them, then when they start laser spinning use the updraft to fly up and pelt them with slowmo arrows and then wail on them when I land to kill them before they can charge up their big laser

This major test I just did didn't have any pillars to hide behind, but the floor was covered in water. So I used my thunder blade or whatever the hell it's called to just zap the guy repeatedly (shock arrows work too). I imagine they do that anyway, water on the floor or not, but it was a handy way to buy time if I needed it.

Their animations are jerky, but there's a nice rhythm to their swings that you can lock into. The spears sort of fuck me up though, and the reason I think I haven't nailed parrying other enemies is because they're a lot less predictable in their movements.

You can make pillars for that fight in the water with Cryonis. They still get stunned when they run into them.

Regardless, they are not very hard to dodge.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

I always use the updraft to do a really big jump attack.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I'm real bad at snowling

Can someone point me to snow bowling

@cursedking you want to follow the very most northern road out of Hyrule Ridge. Heading west on it, you'll go across a land bridge into a snowy area. Keep following the road and you should eventually find a stable and a shrine nearby. I think it's called Snowfield stable. Keep following the road West and as you start heading into the mountains, keep an eye out to your left (south) for a path leading to a house.

Alternatively, if you already have the Hebra tower you can warp to it and the house will be visible from there, look east and down.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    all the dungeons and memories done

now to just explore for a million years to get those shrines and quests

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    With Rudania down I'm not sure what I want to do next

Zora domain to Goron town was a fairly logical progression but I haven't come across any real breadcrumbs into other zones

I really want to get the whole east half of the map explored before I move on

So I think I'm gonna go back to Akkala and finally finish up there, and looking at the map there is actually kind of a lot left in Akkala that I still haven't set foot in so that might take a while

But after I'm done there I'll continue south down the east coast of the map, basically everything between Tal Tal Peak and is completely unexplored for me so I'll hit all that

Then I'll teleport back to the plateau and follow the road south across the bridge of Hylia and see whats going on down that way

This may take a couple days

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    There are so many subtle relationships between the characters in the game. Offhand one will mention his girlfriend (The youngest -son apprentice, to the tailor's daughter in Hateno) or someone will mention their child (Robbie and his wife) eventually I'll run into them

Also I saw Kass' final song after you help him with all his shrine songs (link in spoiler)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP061wI3chs

Wyborn don't click until you watch it
    Hearing the song of the hero segue in = <3<3<3:(

OTP OTP OTP

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I'm real bad at snowling

Can someone point me to snow bowling

@cursedking you want to follow the very most northern road out of Hyrule Ridge. Heading west on it, you'll go across a land bridge into a snowy area. Keep following the road and you should eventually find a stable and a shrine nearby. I think it's called Snowfield stable. Keep following the road West and as you start heading into the mountains, keep an eye out to your left (south) for a path leading to a house.

Alternatively, if you already have the Hebra tower you can warp to it and the house will be visible from there, look east and down.

awesome, thank you, also really well written directions

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    question about a thing near hateno village
    i haven't poked around town very much, is there anything you can do with the mopey guy who hangs out at the broken heart pond? I want to tell him about the real magic love pond but he doesn't pop a sidequest or anything when i talk to him

i mean really the obvious solution that he just won't see is that I'M his soulmate and that's why we're both on that mountain together but the game doesn't let me suggest that

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    i haven't poked around town very much, is there anything you can do with the mopey guy who hangs out at the broken heart pond? I want to tell him about the real magic love pond but he doesn't pop a sidequest or anything when i talk to him

i mean really the obvious solution that he just won't see is that I'M his soulmate and that's why we're both on that mountain together but the game doesn't let me suggest that
    One of the older gerudo mentions looking for that pond too. It has to be a subquest

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

One of the older gerudo mentions looking for that pond too. It has to be a subquest
    the real heart pond is just such a minor thing that it seems odd there'd be so much chatter about the broken heart bond if there was nothing to do there

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Are these different people than the ones at the lover's pond sidequest? Because that was a gerudo woman and a mopey dude.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Next time I play I'm definitely going bowling because I found my second fairy and they asked for 500 rupees which was...all I had and I was like...dang girl

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Got my Switch back!

(my GF and I are trading weeks)

I .... did the 'just one more hill' justification until 2am last night

cleared 6 shrines, got two towers, and avoided several lyonels

also, I obtained and upgraded the stealth suit!

tonights mission will be to purchase and upgrade the soldier suit, clear more shrines, and show that kid in some village my travelers sword

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Oh no and mass effect is coming out

I need more hours in the day

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    That actually brings me to one thing that kinda disappointed me about the game.
    For the most part, once you finish a side quest the characters go back to the static state they were in before the quest. The guy at broken heart pond is still there even when you tell him about the real pond. We don't get to see the aftermath of hateno village guy giving 100 crickets to the innkeeper. Stuff like that. The house and Tarrey Town stuff being notable exceptions.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    what are the fairies doing with those rupees

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

jilling, it seems.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Eating them.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Is Link into findom?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

they let them slip through their giant fairy fingers while yelling "CASH MONEY!" at the top of their lungs

• Options
    shifting gears from rupees to rupees

I was watching my GF play a few nights ago and she was selling 2 cooked endura carrots for 210 rupees

beedle only offers 110

I thought that all merchants were the same?

Where can I go to get top dollar?

• Options
    edited March 2017

Its a donation of faith. Its more of a japanese thing simplistically money offerings literally means the god owes you a favor and you're confirming your belief in them which gives them power

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Is Link into findom?

fuck it, I'm not above recycling a joke

Yeah Sidon's totally the top.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    With all the electricity puzzles out west I kinda wish the gerudo town had basic electricity

How cool would it have been to be stumbling through the desert and then see a path of electric lights guiding you through the sandstorms to the bazaar lit up like a Christmas tree

Yes, I too would like to play Hyrule: New Vegas

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

Its a donation of faith. Its more of a japanese thing simplistically money offerings literally means the god owes you a favor and you're confirming your belief in them which gives them power

mmmmostly masturbation, though.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Xaquin wrote: »

I was watching my GF play a few nights ago and she was selling 2 cooked endura carrots for 210 rupees

beedle only offers 110

Beedle also charges more for arrows and other goods than the standard

Based on that and his beetle strong-arming, Beedle is actually kind of a shithead compared to pretty much everyone else

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

mmmmostly masturbation, though.

Well yeah

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I actually think none of the merchants are the same

Like the ore shop in Tarrey Town

Highway robbery

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

beedle only offers 110

Beedle also charges more for arrows and other goods than the standard

Based on that and his beetle strong-arming, Beedle is actually kind of a shithead compared to pretty much everyone else

He did at first but lately I've been able to buy bundles of arrows for cheaper than I can at most other shops. I assume because of all the beetles I've given him.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Beedle distributes ancient arrows on customer appreciation day, the hero hyrule needs

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

It reminds me of the fairy pool in A Link To The Past, where you could throw a bunch of rupees in, and eventually you'd accumulate enough that the great fairy would appear and upgrade your quiver or bomb bag. But if you didn't know ahead of time how much, you were basically chucking your money away on faith.

The example in this game actually works quite well from this angle. Before you actually fork over the rupees, the de-powered great fairies actually sound kind of evil what with the distorted voices and the kind of ominous wording of things. Giving them the money is basically you saying you believe that they are who they say they are, in spite of appearances.

This discussion has been closed.