As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I started to run out of display room so now I have to limit my buying, otherwise I would do exactly that. That also means that I'm going to pass on the Perceptor coming out and maybe Topspin. I have still not seen a Sixshot in the wild yet, and is Broadside coming out or did he already come out?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I started to run out of display room so now I have to limit my buying, otherwise I would do exactly that. That also means that I'm going to pass on the Perceptor coming out and maybe Topspin. I have still not seen a Sixshot in the wild yet, and is Broadside coming out or did he already come out?

apparently the sixshot has issues with the knees, havent seen one in person myself though.

i intend to do a big purge myself at some point (i promise!), mostly movie stuff though. i tend to only have a single version of a character except soundwave so i don't have a ton of "duplicates"

WingedWeasel on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    If you want a leader Optimus I'd wait for the exclusive set that includes a version that's closer to the Takara release.

Honestly I haven't come across an Optimus yet I must have. The last one I bought was the TRU exclusive G1 rerelease from a few years ago and I still have him stored carefully in his box.

The closest since then was the Binaltech/Alternators version.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    If you want a leader Optimus I'd wait for the exclusive set that includes a version that's closer to the Takara release.

Honestly I haven't come across an Optimus yet I must have. The last one I bought was the TRU exclusive G1 rerelease from a few years ago and I still have him stored carefully in his box.

The closest since then was the Binaltech/Alternators version.

Oh, I meant specifically the Titans Return Powermaster figure. I just think the Takara version looks way better, plus it combines with the Apex Armor Takara release, so I'd just try to get that version over the regular Hasbro one.

So after posting I went and played with Inferno. That is the most fun Transformer I have played with in a while. Didn't take out the instructions so it took me a while to get him into robot mode but there were lots of little details that were nice. For example they made it so most of the parts either tab into other parts or fold out of the way to be nice and flat. Now I am really curious to see how Grapple transforms after seeing the difference in spots. Plus there is a lot of articulation allowing lots of posing ability. I have other Maps but never took them out till now. Now I'm tempted to take them all out to play with. They really are nice compared to the other TFs I have taken out and so worth the money in my mind.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Glad you like Inferno. He really is great and comes with some great accessories. I personally love his water effect the most.

If you end up getting Grapple, I should warn you transforming his back and back legs are a little more involved. You'll need to untab the crane from the back of the vehicle, which was hard for me initially because it looked almost seamless.

Also, post pics!

I also paid for my DX Chogokin Sv-262Hs Draken III, so I can't worry about cancelling that anymore. At least it looks cool. I'm going to ship it with SOC Daizyujin and figma Celty next month.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    edited March 2017
    I've decided the only part I'm iffy on with the new Headmaster mechanics is the tiny head being used as the connection point, I think it's only a matter of time before one of them gets decapitated.

Nobody on
    Nobody wrote: »
    I've decided the only part I'm iffy on with the new Headmaster mechanics is the tiny head being used as the connection point, I think it's only a matter of time before one of them gets decapitated.

i tend to never detach the head so i am hoping that will prolong the longevity, but that's a concern of mine as well

edited March 2017
    @Heatwave I'll have to figure out some photos for my Inferno (and I might pull out my Ironhide and Bluestreak while I'm at it).

So after I talk about my space being limited I went out today and added Kickback, Fangry, and Breakaway (since Chromedome looks nice in white). Part of me says to keep Breakaway in his box since he's only one per case, but the kid in me says take it out to display. Kickback really looks like a perfect update to the G1 version with his clear chest compared to the Bombshell who just is painted on. Never saw the Shrapnel (or whatever they call him these days) so can't comment on him.

Also saw tons of Triggerhappys on the pegs and even two Gnaws. Didn't pick up the Gnaws since I think he's still ugly looking in robot form. Saw both Leader and Voyager Optimus Primes as well but didn't get either since I'm not happy they didn't make the one Optimus into a true Powermaster instead of a Headmaster. I was hoping to find a Sixshot out in the wild, but guess I'll have to wait a bit. Also noticed that Broadside showed up in Canada so it is about a month out till I see him here (I'm hoping at least).

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    So I finally opened TR Astro-train.

I appreciate that they paid attention to getting the color scheme and robot mode looking like the G1 version. I also appreciated the detail work on the transformations.

The train and shuttle modes, though, are shrug-worthy as far as design goes.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    To those folks who have both MP Inferno and Grapple: I'm curious, which one do you like more? Let's say I were to buy only one, because I have a hard time justifying buying two toys that are 90% the same; which one would you recommend? I don't have any attachment to either character, so the only factor for me is which one has the more interesting/involved transformation.

All things being equal, my favorite color is orange, and I already have a red MP (Ratchet), so I guess Grapple would win the tie.

I think the only person to have both is @Heatwave . Well the only one to admit post to have both. I'm leaning towards getting both since they seem to have different transformations even though they are similar.

Before these two I only wanted one of any "twin" in the MP size. Well I wanted to, but I do have a Prowl and Bluestreak because I never thought TRU would bring out Bluestreak after seeing Prowl in the stores. Since they did bring out Bluestreak I had to have him (he was my first Transformer long ago) and I bought a Silverstreak from BBTS since they had it on sale for the price that I couldn't pass up (and he actually has the correct shoulder weapons which annoyed me with their decision to sell the shoulder launchers as an exclusive).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I do have both and I personally like Inferno more because I've always wanted the character, he's a big red firetruck and has a water effect part that looks cool while posing. Plus he can hold Red Alert with the replaceable chest piece.

However, Grapple is also very cool. The dark grey thighs with orange cylinders look awesome and make thighs look more distinguishable compared to Inferno. Plus he comes with a cool model of the Solar Power Tower. He also comes with a notably different transformation in the crane, back torso, and back of the lower legs, compared to Inferno. Also the arm molds are reverse (right arm nozzle on Inferno, left on Grapple.)

At the end of the day if you're only going to get one then I suggest basing your pick on either the colour scheme or accessories you like the best.

Edit: The boxes around the heads are also different btw. Also I'll take a couple side by side comparison shots of the two figures

Pics!

hUSdU1P.jpg?1

WuL3DyW.jpg?1

And while I'm at it here's a another pic of Usain TriggerBolt

4x8jgL8.jpg?1

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Thanks for the side-by-sides, @Heatwave! I gotta re-watch some transformation videos again to see how their back transformations compare.

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Hey folks, I accidentally broke the red eye part of my son's Legacy Dragonzord. Does anyone know a site that might have tips on how to fix it, like a forum or something? All my googling reveals is review sites and store listings.

I pushed the face back up into the head a bit too hard, i guess, and the rod holding the red eye piece popped out, and it's like...impossible to put back in.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Do you have pictures Elbasunu?

My first thought is to shave the rod down a bit and glue it back into place using a model glue, but I never had a Dragonzord so I don't know if that's a possibility or if it would detract from the toys transformation.
    You might try asking in the Gunpla thread in SE++, lots of giant robot love there, not just Gundam.
    Maybe also the painting thread in Critical Failures. Lots of people working with tiny fiddly bits there (who also love giant robots), they may be able to provide some advice on repairs.

way late to the game but i bought the perfect effect combiner hands and feet. i kinda like them and i kinda don't. the hands are really cool but i have nothing that he can hold that seems appropriate. plus they weapons bruticus comes with don't really fit

the feet are interesting, but if i want ankle tils it is tough to get him to stay standing outside of a few poses. there is another connection knob but then his heels are absurdly huge. still messing around with them and i don't regreat the purchase or anything but it's gonna take some work to get them how i like

Just made a request to cancel my order for MP-36 Megatron.

My email isn't registered on the premiumcollectables website, so I can't log onto the site. I had to email them with my transaction number instead.

I don't know how this is going to affect my chances of getting store credit. I'm worried I just lost $200AUD.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Aw man that would suck.

So did you cancel it because of his gun mode looks, because of the whole gun deal for you, or some other Transformer related reason? I'm curious because after the images I saw I was tempted and I hate the previous version.

oosik_betsuni.png
    The whole legal requirements soured me too much.

If I can't find an authorized club in my state to get a permit fee exemption, I'll have to fork out $188.20 (?).

That that's assuming I pass the legal requirements.

Because to pass the requirements you need to authorized referee who's known you for at least 12 months (e.g. a doctor), lockable storage (e.g. a case/cabinet), and maybe even need to invest in barred windows.

It all adds up to be friggin expensive.

I also struggle with anxiety so I doubt my doctor would agree to be a referree.

I should have ordered this from HLJ because at least then cancelling would be easier.

This store I tried asking if I had an existing account to my email or if I could have one set up a few days ago, and they still haven't responded.

I'm honestly really nervous.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Eesh, not only expensive but time consuming. I don't blame you for cancelling it in the end after all that.

Maybe you can explain to them your situation on the toy and being able to get it. Perhaps they will be somewhat sympathetic and figure out a way to get you the credit. Either way, I'll hope you get your money back.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I don't think the store give you your money back. Best hope is store credit.

Only problem is they seem to take forever to respond to your messages.

I really hope they don't ignore my request and mail the figure when they have it in stock.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Yeah sorry meant to say hope they give you credit and don't ship it.

On another note I finally put some batteries into my Fortress Maximus and died of laughter at the sound effects. Makes me wish I got the Con version to hear the exclusive sound effect but the internet will suffice.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Still no response from Premium Collectables.

The figure is supposed to be released start of April, so I'm really fucking worried.

They're based in Australia, so I'm hoping that means I still have time for them to cancel my order because their shipments arrive in their warehouse.

Otherwise I have no idea what I'm going to do if that thing arrives on my doorstep.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    I know there is a law on the books for you to have a gun replica, but what happens if you always left Megatron in his robot form?

oosik_betsuni.png
    I know there is a law on the books for you to have a gun replica, but what happens if you always left Megatron in his robot form?

I don't think it matters. It's something that can turn into a gun so that's probably all that's taken into consideration.

I think the figure's been released in Japan today. So I give it about a week for Premium Collectables shipment to arrive in Australia.

Apparently they've hired a customer support team to handle all their messages within 48 hours, so I'm hoping they'll respond soon to mine.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Is it really a big deal? Surely law enforcement isn't going to be in your home looking at your robots and intuit that this particular one can reconfigure into a toy that looks like a gun.

I'd just rather not having to worry about it.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    On another note, Hasbro Toy Shop has Six Shot in stock and free shipping on $19 or more.

oosik_betsuni.png
    On another note, Hasbro Toy Shop has Six Shot in stock and free shipping on $19 or more.

i want to get him but i really want to see him in person. i bought a g1 a few years ago and i feel like it's fine for what i want

i want to get him but i really want to see him in person. i bought a g1 a few years ago and i feel like it's fine for what i want

I never got the G1 so figured this would be ok for me. Didn't hurt I had a 15% off coupon to use and I was tired of waiting to see it in a store. Now that I got him he'll be a shelf warmer next month like Soundwave is.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Right now all I'm looking for is the Chaos on Velocitron TRU exclusive set. This week I was too early to get it at one store and too late to get it at another.

Kind of frustrating!

Right now all I'm looking for is the Chaos on Velocitron TRU exclusive set. This week I was too early to get it at one store and too late to get it at another.

Kind of frustrating!

I find it funny that people were calling for that to be a shelf warmer like Fort Max, but I hear more and more people hunting for it. Personally I'm hoping to find the other set, especially if I can't find a Broadside.

oosik_betsuni.png

Kind of frustrating!

I find it funny that people were calling for that to be a shelf warmer like Fort Max, but I hear more and more people hunting for it. Personally I'm hoping to find the other set, especially if I can't find a Broadside.

The other set is a BBTS exclusive so it shouldn't be hard to get.

Might cost more though.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    So I got some more Acid Rain guys today:

fTonsDZ.jpg

And decided to do a quick shoot with them. I call this one "Defending the putting green", inspired by the movie Small Soldiers:
    fi7Rb3E.jpg

RxZx6ly.jpg

Full gallery here.

edit: Senpai noticed me!
    MbeS8d6.png

I'm assuming most if not all of you have never heard of ARW before so I'll explain. Kit Lau is the creator of the line.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I just picked up TR Megatron and... he's brilliant, really. I think I'm going to get the reprolabels for him to make him an autobot. The default stickers are kinda rubbish.

Delzhand on
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I just picked up TR Megatron and... he's brilliant, really. I think I'm going to get the reprolabels for him to make him an autobot. The default stickers are kinda rubbish.

Damn. Didn't think of doing that to the TR Megatron. Now I want to pick one up.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm just gonna wait on Blitzwing

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited April 2017
    cross-post in case people care:

now for something a little different the heroes of the storm series one figures are on sale. i never picked up illidan. and maybe having a 2nd arthas could prove useful. was gifted an extra nova so maybe not but for $5.50 i dunno. it's a little concerning since series 2 has been delayed and no word from neca or blizzard on that front really. it'd be super disappointing if they don't continue

http://gear.blizzard.com/spring-clearance-sale-2017/neca-hots-nova
    http://gear.blizzard.com/spring-clearance-sale-2017/neca-hots-arthas
    http://gear.blizzard.com/spring-clearance-sale-2017/neca-hots-illidan

tyrael is also on sale and stitches for $5.50 and $12.50 respectively

http://gear.blizzard.com/spring-clearance-sale-2017/neca-hots-stitches

i may get a few more stitches to have an army of undead for my arthas

WingedWeasel on
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    O4NrzZG.jpg

"No, I AM your father".

"No....NO! That's not true! THATS IMPOSSI..... hold on a sec, is that a giant red and blue robot hanging from the ceiling? Why the hell is there a giant red and blue robot hanging from the ceiling?!?"

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
This discussion has been closed.