As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[US and Russia] Talk about Trump connections to Russia here.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    The idea that two career intelligence officials, with pretty noteworthy careers, would risk their name and reputation on leaks means that either A) those leaks are pretty fucking damaging and important or B) they actually didn't do it.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Elki wrote: »
    Rep. King is heavily implying the leaker is one of four: Clapper, Comey, Brennan, and someone else I forget.

Probably a black guy

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I have no idea what this is trying to imply. Interesting that it came from the POTUS account.

Obama is the leaker?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    "Isn't it preposterous to say that Russians prefer Republicans over Democrats? Considering Ronald Reagan, McCain, etc?"

My answer to that would be "isn't it preposterous for black people to prefer Democrats over Republicans. Considering Lincoln"

Like, parties change, and somewhere along the way your asses got all authoritarian. Which makes you have more in common with what Russia has become under the leadership of Putin.

It's not about ideology. It is about competence (or the lack thereof).

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    But....Obama said he knew all about this stuff already? And that he refused to do anything because he didn't want to overstep his bounds and look like he was playing favorites?

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Going to be a fun briefing today

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Why even bother asking the question when it starts, "I'm sure you can't answer this, but..."?

Points scoring. The same reason people online ask questions they already know the answer to.

getting it on the record is also a legit reason

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    He's live tweeting this. And this statement is not true. Vote tallies weren't altered, but they definitely did interfere.

• Options
    They must be fucking terrified right now if they're live tweeting this hearing from the official POTUS account.

This is the first time we've seen this. They must know something is there if they're trying to defend themselves this much.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    They must be fucking terrified right now if they're live tweeting this hearing from the official POTUS account.

This is the first time we've seen this. They must know something is there if they're trying to defend themselves this much.

Oh yeah. Doesn't he usually use his Donald J Trump account?

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Going to be a fun briefing today

Since the hearing is currently still running and the briefing is running at 1:30, I wonder if Spicer will deflect any questions (well yes, obviously) with "it's still going so I don't know"

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Oh yeah. Doesn't he usually use his Donald J Trump account?

That implies to me that it isn't Trump doing the tweeting, it's one of the adults in charge of the White House, like Conway, Putin, or Bannon,

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Dem currently trying to get either of them to comment on actions Tillerson made, which, again, I guess to get it on the record but this is not impressing me. They can't fucking answer it.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

Yeah, it's pretty damn obvious it's not Trump tweeting using the POTUS account.

There's no ALL CAPS segments nor clamouring about Clinton, Obama, nor "fake news."

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    There have been several useless segments but this one is almost taking the cake.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    "Isn't it preposterous to say that Russians prefer Republicans over Democrats? Considering Ronald Reagan, McCain, etc?"

My answer to that would be "isn't it preposterous for black people to prefer Democrats over Republicans. Considering Lincoln"

Like, parties change, and somewhere along the way your asses got all authoritarian. Which makes you have more in common with what Russia has become under the leadership of Putin.

The Soviets actually did prefer the Republicans, and it makes sense why when you reason it out: Truman got us into the Korean War and Eisenhower got us out, Johnson got us in deep into Vietnam and Nixon got us out. Both parties were hawkish on the USSR, but the Republicans were Realists while the Democrats were Idealists, GOP foreign policy better meshed with that of the Kremlin, even if it was just as hostile to global Communism as the Democrats were.

Modern Russians probably see Bill Clinton as at least partially responsible for the chaos of the 90s, and that the rise of Putin was mirrored by W. Bush coming into the WH.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Nixon "got us out" is an... interesting interpretation of Nixon's policy in SE Asia.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    The POTUS account is run by the social media guy at the WH, Dan Scavino, which is why things are spelled correctly.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »

The Soviets actually did prefer the Republicans, and it makes sense why when you reason it out: Truman got us into the Korean War and Eisenhower got us out, Johnson got us in deep into Vietnam and Nixon got us out. Both parties were hawkish on the USSR, but the Republicans were Realists while the Democrats were Idealists, GOP foreign policy better meshed with that of the Kremlin, even if it was just as hostile to global Communism as the Democrats were.

Modern Russians probably see Bill Clinton as at least partially responsible for the chaos of the 90s, and that the rise of Putin was mirrored by W. Bush coming into the WH.

This is thorough misunderstanding and/or misrepresentation of history. Democrats were absolutely not as hawkish on Russia in the 80s or nearly as critical of the USSR and W. Bush was very friendly to Putin at least in the beginning.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

Yes, the fact that Trump colluded with a foreign power to sabotage the election in his favor.

And is still taking direction from them.

It's obvious this happened and is still going on.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Who's that CA rep that was just on?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Like, when Russia were "the commies" the dems were painted as friends and fellow travelers with them.

Now that Russia is less Communist and more Authoritarian Kleptocracy, dems are the hardliners against their desires on the world stage and the right has been giving Putin slobbering praise for years talking about his manliness and leadership in comparison to "mom jeans" obama.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Richy was warned for this.
    Well I'm sure this investigation of Trump by a Trump partisan who abused his power to get him elected and the results of which will be reported to a Republican-dominated committee will yield game-changing results.

So It Goes on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Elki wrote: »
    I'm not sure what Conway is trying to say. Was he trying to say that Comey and the FBI were coordinating with the Washington Post? That was really confusing.

https://youtu.be/kw5QPpbtqcw

Starting at 2:50. That was good stuff.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    You don't ask those questions to the FBI, you talk to a lawyer. Asshole.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I mean, that's the fucking soundbite tho I needed to hear for my blood pressure to both raise and go back down

Comey fucking straight up saying "Yes, it's my testimony" that Russia influenced the election, to increase Trump's chances, and hurt Hillary's chances.

That's just

it makes me feel so much better, but also so much worse

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Nixon "got us out" is an... interesting interpretation of Nixon's policy in SE Asia.

From a position of Realists who don't really care about the human toll, the result is all that matters. I'm not trying to defend Nixon's policy, just saying why the Soviets might have preferred it.

Especially since punching the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia would've been something Moscow liked anyway. There's a reason Vietnam went in and stomped on them later.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    I fucking can't even with this horse shit making it about the leakers stuff anymore.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I will say "I will never tell you" was a pretty good line.

• Options
    A rep literally just asked "what if the source for the news stories is...Russian???????????"

Comey: Uh...I guess anyone could pretend to be anyone?

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    A rep literally just asked "what if the source for the news stories is...Russian???????????"

Comey: Uh...I guess anyone could pretend to be anyone?

The best kind of correct!

• Options
    press briefing is starting while the hearing is in intermission, we'll see how it goes.

• Options
    I checked in on the kids in /r/T_D and they are mostly ignoring that this is happening aside from 1 thread about the livestream where they are alternating calling Comey a liar but then hailing him for confirming that all news is fake, and deep throating Trey Gowdy.

• Options
    Spicer is currently addressing the hearing and is only taking out the leaking stuff, obviously.

• Options
  • Options
    JoeUser wrote: »

I mean...

I'm morbidly happy about this?

• Options
    JoeUser wrote: »

According to Spicer "there's no evidence yet"

immediately after this when asked about the investigation into Russia by the FBI

"There's an investigation but that doesn't mean anything"

• Options
    Cool

The man who wants to do away with libel protection laws himself spouts libel

pretty perfect bit of irony there

• Options
    Paraphrasing:

Swalwell: "Would Russia use someone's financial distress to exploit them?"

Comey: "Yes"

Swalwell: "Like say.... 6 bankruptcies?"

Comey: "....... I uh... I dont know."

Swalwell: "Did you know president Trump had 6 bankruptcies?"

Comey: "No comment."

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Spicer said Manafort played a very limited role for a very limited amount of time in the Trump campaign.

They must not be feeling great about Manafort's chances right now.

This discussion has been closed.