As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Southpaw Regional [chat] is the coolest ever

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I watched 2 Fast 2 Furious last night and that movie was pretty much terrible, but I hear it's the low point.

Tonight I will try to watch Tokyo Drift, which sounds like a high point for the series, but in a ridiculous way.

I will be disappointed if there are not blue sparks.

Themes so far:
    F&F: I'm a cop!
    2F2F: I'm not a cop!

Watch the first one. Then jump to the fifth one. Hell I'm pretty sure Tokyo Drift can't even be fit into the movie chronology at this point.

Tokyo Drift was originally a separate movie except for a Vin Diesel cameo. But then they tied it into the rest of the series later on, it takes place between 6 and 7.
    Remember how the Korean guy who befriended the main character was killed in a car accident? In 7 it's revealed that it was an assassination by Jason Statham.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I watched 2 Fast 2 Furious last night and that movie was pretty much terrible, but I hear it's the low point.

Tonight I will try to watch Tokyo Drift, which sounds like a high point for the series, but in a ridiculous way.

Themes so far:

Watch the first one. Then jump to the fifth one. Hell I'm pretty sure Tokyo Drift can't even be fit into the movie chronology at this point.

I think Tokyo Drift either falls in-between 6 and 7 or it's just perpetually the last one chronologically.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    The time golem stood and was, ignored the linearity around it, only was. It was a violence, a terrible intrusion in the succession of moments, a clot in diachrony, and with the dumb arrogance of its existence it paid the outrage of ontology no mind.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    vRyue2p.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Tim Russ saves so many Voyager scenes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MWgbXF2Pvw

Doodmann wrote: »

Themes so far:

I think Tokyo Drift either falls in-between 6 and 7 or it's just perpetually the last one chronologically.

And my favorite part of this is that apparently it's 2016 or so and everyone in Tokyo uses flip phones.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    lost track of time and went to get lunch right before the cafeteria closed. sandwich guy made my lunch, then his. the amount of care that went into his that did not go into mine was breathtaking. he used only the finest cuts of meat while I got shredded scraps. his veggies were crisp and perfect and all nicely aligned to hold together. My sandwich had fallen apart before he handed it to me.

I was happy before I saw him make his but now I know mine is trash. I demand a redo.

Cooking my own lunch was always the highlight of my day when I was a cook

I can show you the world ...

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The main character in Tokyo Drift is probably peak generic action star.

PSN: Honkalot
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

Themes so far:

And my favorite part of this is that apparently it's 2016 or so and everyone in Tokyo uses flip phones.

weirdly it's not that anachronistic

flip phones held on for a long time in japan

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

I think that was Sam Worthington

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

Themes so far:

weirdly it's not that anachronistic

flip phones held on for a long time in japan

Honestly if someone told me that it was in style to use flip phones in Tokyo these days, I'd probably believe them.

vRyue2p.png
    "Narwhal did you stuff slices of pork tenderloin inside of a burger and inject the entire monstrosity with molten cheese?"

"That depends, are you a cop? You have to tell me if you're a cop."

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Themes so far:

I'm doing the giantbomb films and 40s thing, so I'm watching with commentary from others who haven't seen before and one who has. It has been great fun so far!

BeNarwhal wrote: »
    "Narwhal did you stuff slices of pork tenderloin inside of a burger and inject the entire monstrosity with molten cheese?"

"That depends, are you a cop? You have to tell me if you're a cop."

Later, you were admitted to a mental institution.

vRyue2p.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Also he was the worst case of 30 year old playing a teenager.

Because he looked like a 30 year old. In high school. It was so gloriously dumb.

That might be the best one so far, BeNarwhal.

vRyue2p.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I wonder if Comey and Roger's assistants are sitting in a room together watching the hearing tallying GLOMAR responses for a betting pool

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

You guys keep spelling Jai Courtney wrong.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    Ludious wrote: »
    I wonder if Comey and Roger's assistants are sitting in a room together watching the hearing tallying GLOMAR responses for a betting pool

GLOMAR?

vRyue2p.png
    That might be the best one so far, BeNarwhal.

It flowed naturally, which I appreciated. Never wanna force that sort of thing. Well executed, well executed. :P

Why do I keep mistaking the Iron Fist thread for the [chat] thread? It makes no sense!

vRyue2p.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

GLOMAR?

https://nsarchive.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/neither-confirm-nor-deny-the-history-of-the-glomar-response-and-the-glomar-explorer/

It's when spooks say they can neither confirm nor deny something (usually because an investigation is ongoing or it would endanger national security)

I don't know if I agree. Tokyo Drift guy at least has an accent (or dialect, I forget what is what). That's a distinguishing feature.

But Sam Worthington was in at least several movies ever. Most people will probably get a picture of a white guy with a five o clock shadow in their head when someone mentions his name.

I sort of feel like Tokyo Drift guy ends up being more generic.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    good evening

Allegedly a voice of reason.

Also he was the worst case of 30 year old playing a teenager.

Because he looked like a 30 year old. In high school. It was so gloriously dumb.

I was about to say the same thing.

The funny thing is, the actor wasn't even that old. He was like early/mid-20s and he looked mid-30s.

When he shows up again 7 it's even worse, because he's aged a decade and the character is the same age.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    it's 1:20pm why did i write evening

GLOMAR?

https://nsarchive.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/neither-confirm-nor-deny-the-history-of-the-glomar-response-and-the-glomar-explorer/

It's when spooks say they can neither confirm nor deny something (usually because an investigation is ongoing or it would endanger national security)

Or because they just feel like it.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Saw a thread about minigames people like, so opened first page.

Ctrl+F.

"Voltorb Flip", there.

"Golden Sun dice", there.

"Tekken Ball", there.

"Fishing", not there!

Second page. "Fishing", there.

What page was blitzball?

Alternate spelling "bleetzbol" accepted.

Also, I'm just assuming Triple Triad was first page

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin

GLOMAR?

Oh, neat!

vRyue2p.png
    i don't feel too good

is it allergies

is it the flu

is it apotheosis

is it @Apothe0sis

Chanus wrote: »
    good evening

Wrex.

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

Daylight savings.

How are things, BeNarwhal? I was gone for the whole weekend so I'm behind on news. Are you still unwelcome in/boycotting Nargirl's house?

vRyue2p.png

Daylight savings.

what are we saving tho

GLOMAR?

Or because they just feel like it.

Sure when it comes to shit they don't want anyone to know about, ever. Seeing as Trump has been actively undermining our intelligence agencies, I just think they don't want their investigation fucked with. Seeing as they've been telegraphing without saying that the Trump campaign prolly did some heinous shit.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Oops I just spent my lunch hour chatting with my coworker about his vacation/about PAX, but did not actually, like, obtain lunch.
    I felt so productive this morning, too; time to go buy lunch I suppose

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Hello pals

I took three days off of work to visit friendos and participate in what I have come to understand is called "fun" but now I'm back at work and I can all the more acutely feel the dirt slowly being shoveled on top of my grave how is everyone?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Oh? Is Comey on the Good Guys list or the Bad Guys list today?

Personally, I was concerned for your faculties

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Oh? Is Comey on the Good Guys list or the Bad Guys list today?

Comey appears to be on team Comey at all times.

This discussion has been closed.