As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo] Finished Zelda? Why don't you play...hang on, gimme a second...

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Playing Zelda already makes me never want to do anything with the Switch motion controls ever again.

I turned off motion control immediately.

Well aside from the gyroscope shrines obviously.

rhylith on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Since I'm putting off getting a switch till next year, I'm honestly real tempted to get MK8 and a wii remote so I can play it with Anya

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    You can turn off motion controls in Arms!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Motion control very much seems like the point of Arms

And it's the gyroscope dungeons in Zelda that makes the motion stuff seem straight up busted

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

And it's the gyroscope dungeons in Zelda that makes the motion stuff seem straight up busted

I literally do not know what you're talking about

Not fun, that's up to personal taste

They are completely and 100% functional

6F32U1X.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Arms is... a thing I am totally not into but I appreciate that Nintendo's trying a new weird thing.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Since I'm putting off getting a switch till next year, I'm honestly real tempted to get MK8 and a wii remote so I can play it with Anya

She's a little young for Mortal Kombat

Tube wrote: »

Look, if she's ever going to be good at ripping people's heads off with the spine still attached, she has to start now.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

whatever, dad

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    The gyro stuff in zelda seems to have some weird sensitivity issues, except for the aiming. I like it for making small adjustments.

Arms is supposed to support normal controls as well as the motion based ones, so no worries there.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List

They don't seem to be anymore "the point" (whatever that means) than gyro aiming was in Splatoon

It's just a different input method, is all

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

They don't seem to be anymore "the point" (whatever that means) than gyro aiming was in Splatoon

It's just a different input method, is all

Everything they've shown of Arms so far seems centered around motion control. You can change the control schemes, but I haven't seem them showing off people playing it like that. It seems intended to use motion control.

And also seems like it could be neat or entirely mediocre, but I don't think it looks particularly exciting or enticing. But I don't really like boxing games.

I will take what I can in lieu of a new Punch-Out

Also I'm starving for Switch games, but even if my plate were full of them, Arms looks legit really cool and I love all the designs and art

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I just need to know the whole suite of what Arms offers

Does it have any sort of campaign?

In the tree house after the Switch news conference it showed a lot and NOTHING of Arms

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm still sad we'll never get a sequel to that

IIRC the developer who made that was bought up by blizzard to make the starcraft ghost third person shooter game. After blizzard decided to axe that project they dissolved the studio. RIP.

BahamutZERO.gif
    In my head I conflated Metal Arms with Tiny Tank for the longest time and so figured that Metal Arms had a really obnoxious main character and I wouldn't play it no matter how good the reviews were

Now I'd be curious to try it, should try to find a PS2 copy pretty soon

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm still sad we'll never get a sequel to that

I would take a sequel or just a straight port at this point. HD remake, come on!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I wonder who has the rights to Metal Arms now
    I guess probably whoever published it, not the developer and thus blizzard

BahamutZERO.gif
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    That was a Sierra joint, under the Vivendi banner.......who merged with Activision! Also brought over in that merger? Blizzard.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I remember Metal Arms: GITS being one of those platform-y shoot-y type games of that era where I would constantly get stuck on like level 1 or 2 and never finish. That, the Jango Fett game, etc.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Tiny Tank
    There's a fucking blast from the past

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I remember Metal Arms: GITS being one of those platform-y shoot-y type games of that era where I would constantly get stuck on like level 1 or 2 and never finish. That, the Jango Fett game, etc.

It's basically Ratchet and Clank except with lots of wise-cracking robots.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I remember metal arms being pretty tough too after a certain point since the way its checkpoint system worked meant you could get saved at a bad time and screw yourself and have to start a level over to be in a better position health/ammo wise

7yh4xczljsym.png
    Mr. G wrote: »

I went back and watched the Treehouse for this and they did not mention that popcorn bucket hand or the rocket punch or that green one or the circle one the ninja uses
    So once again it tells you a lot and nothing

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    The zelda motion shrines feel unresponsive and laggy. I know the gyros are very snappy as gyro aiming works fine if I wanted it, but that heaviness is what makes the shrines feel awful imo.

I get why they did it since it'd be weird if this huge apparatus was moving around too fast but fuck it at least it would control sort of well.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Ok, having a character called Master Mummy is a pretty good way to get my attention. Also

"It almost looks like his guard restores health... oh wait, it does! Oh right, the bandages, makes sense"

Sure why not. Mixing and matching arms is a good sign, but balance might be tough.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Can you imagine if a Japanese film critic was reviewing trolls the movie and kept saying how it was a disappointing piece of American cinema compared to the godfather

i can imagine a world where a film critic is wrong, yes.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The HDMI thing is annoying for me too, is it trying to search for updates? Because the WiiU allowed you to set a timer for that

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    secret of mana might be coming to switch? with multiplayer??

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    The HDMI thing is annoying for me too, is it trying to search for updates? Because the WiiU allowed you to set a timer for that

yeah, it've got it hooked up to an HDMI switch, and every time it activates for a moment it steals focus from whatever I'm watching

it's already black-screened my tv when I'm part way through a movie three or four times so far

8406wWN.png
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular

oh shit, that's not Secret of Mana, that's Seiken Densetsu 3

screw mother 3, getting that localized is the true holy grail

yeah, it've got it hooked up to an HDMI switch, and every time it activates for a moment it steals focus from whatever I'm watching

it's already black-screened my tv when I'm part way through a movie three or four times so far

That's another thing, it keeps doing it in the space of a few minutes. Before I solved the WiiU issue I could at least manually switch back, here it's cable yanking.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

oh shit, that's not Secret of Mana, that's Seiken Densetsu 3

screw mother 3, getting that localized is the true holy grail

I'm inclined to think that if it hasn't already happened it probably won't

but that's definitely something I'd pay money for

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Turn off HDMI CEC on the Switch, that will probably stop it taking control?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Wait a second I just realized

They're not launching their online stuff til splatoon

So does that mean arms has no online support

Because if not my interest just tanked unless it has a cool looking campaign they haven't discussed

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Because if not my interest just tanked unless it has a cool looking campaign they haven't discussed

This is why you crash people's rooftop parties.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod

What? You can play Bomberman and Fast RMX online right now.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

What? You can play Bomberman and Fast RMX online right now.

Oh ok then nevermind

Still I am waiting till Splatoon to think about a switch
    There are questions I have for 3ds games in it's twilight hour
    And since I was really tempted to get another WIIU because my brother and I played Splatoon so much

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Does the Switch have any ad hoc MP support?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
This discussion has been closed.