As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Age of Triumph: Everything Old is New Again! The Vault of Glass Beckons!

• MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I haven't been on in a little bit, what with all these AAA games lighting up my PS4. I want to push and get the last 15 points or so to 400 soon though, if anyone is bored enough to help me. Otherwise Age of Triumph launches when?

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I think we have them, it's timezones that're the problem. I certainly would have been keen for that raid if it wasn't 2am on a Monday.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    G'morning all, I'm looking for 3 more for a PS4 1pm Eastern WotM HM raid today. If anyone is available and up for it, let me know. And if not, I guess I'll be sad or something.

I am dying to see all of WOTM, but I don't think we have enough active folks PS4 side right now. I'm trying to train up a couple folks right now, and a friend of mine is 400 and hasn't raided in a while. We might have to wait for Age of Triumph to launch, but we might be able to do something.

I have an extremely irregular Sunday morning raid group with RL friends, but by irregular I mean we're really lucky if we raid once a month. Which is why I was trying to find a group to run with. I'm hoping something turns up with AoT, but I was also really hoping to complete a WotM HM raid before it released.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Xbox One side - The tin-tinabulation of the Bells, Bells, Bells....I need to ring some bells in the Iron whatsit. Anyone else need to ring some bells for an achievement? Can't solo it, but you can do it with 2, easier with more. Lemme know.

Ring my Bell by Anita Ward was playing in my head as I typed this.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    If anyone's interested I'm going to run some COE cards tonight, starting around 11 eastern. It's a decent set of modifiers for soloing it but it's easier with friends!

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Some good looking armor sets here

https://youtu.be/i12gazrZtAs

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    Pause at 0:36, EVERYONE FREAK OUT

edited March 2017
    That is a bit garish, and freak out over what?

Nosf on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I like the look of the new VoG Titan Armor. I wonder if the rainbow on the back can change colors.

• YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Have had a bit of a Destiny hiatus while getting everything sorted out for my impending wedding (and also to get through Horizon ZD). Quite excited to come back in a couple of weeks and get stuck into some of the older content that kind of passed me by though!

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I dont mind Crota being first up, I'm looking forward to getting my Deathsinger helmet back.

• ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Some good looking armor sets here

https://youtu.be/i12gazrZtAs

Since I have no sound on my work computer, I watched the video at 1/4 speed.

0:16 - sneaky trick showing Golgoroth right after the Abyss encounter; I thought they were showing a new big-ass Ogre boss there. x.x
    0:22 - Reprised Weapons, then they show: Patience and Time (with ornament?), Fatebringer (maybe Imago Loop?), Vex Mythoclast (with ornament?)
    0:28 - Dragon's Breath (w/Tony the Tiger ornament?)

Really excited for the Twitch stream on Wednesday. =D

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Maaaan that trailer has my hyped

But theres just tooooo maaaannyyy gaaaammmmmes

Why now

Maaaan that trailer has my hyped

But theres just tooooo maaaannyyy gaaaammmmmes

Why now

Tell me about it! I've got ~15% left on HZD and ME:A comes out tomorrow! Priorities are Destiny -> HZD -> ME:A though. SP games can wait.

vq2TEKC.png
    edited March 2017
    imgur gallery of screenshots from the reveal trailer that @Vagabond posted:

Reddit thread for people discussing the reveal trailer has some interesting commentary/observations:
    At 0:17 the warlock is firing an arc smite of merain!
    It's a Drystan not a Merain, but it's definitely got Arc damage. Get hype
    In that last picture, is that Warlock floating?? I can't see their legs on mobile. Does the ornament make you an actual floating Witch?

Edit:

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    These new armor sets are wild, love the look of the VoG stuff

Nosf wrote: »
    That is a bit garish, and freak out over what?

The fact that the new armor and ornaments are stupid in the best possible way and I wants them all.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    THAT is what raid armor should have been like from the beginning.

I'm guessing cutting lose the old gen let them go nuts with effects on them

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Are there new ornaments on the WotM armor, too? I can't get a good enough look.

Here's hoping they just add ornament slots to existing KF armor, since I already have mostly complete sets.

awsimo wrote: »

Here's hoping they just add ornament slots to existing KF armor, since I already have mostly complete sets.

Yeah, it looks like the SIVA is breaking through. And I echo your hope about existing pieces.

vq2TEKC.png
    "Let's add some neon effects to the armor."
    "Wait, hear me out, let's make the armor...OUT OF NEON EFFECTS!"
    "Have you been drinking?"

Yeah, it looks like the SIVA is breaking through. And I echo your hope about existing pieces.

100% bet that you have to get new pieces to get the new ornament slots (with all of their noise about generous drop rates I can't imagine it'll take long, accumulating the ornaments themselves will probably take more time than getting the armor).

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Look, my titan hurling through the Vault of Glass dressed like Tron? IT'S ALL I EVER WANTED

Xbox Live: Jefe414
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Look, my titan hurling through the Vault of Glass dressed like Tron? IT'S ALL I EVER WANTED

why's he puking in there

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Hopefully the new King's Fall primaries drop with good rolls by default.

I wonder if Trials will drop elemental primaries again.

Arteen wrote: »

o fuck i didn't even think about that

Bring back Messenger kthx

edited March 2017

I still have my Adept Messenger with void damage in my bank, the primary I wanted the most...

I got it 1 day (I think?) before they went "ELEMENTAL PRIMARIES ARE THE DEVIL" and it was made obsolete instantly.

A bit miffed that day.

EDIT: This one.

Z2xiCzvl.jpg

Sirialis on
    edited March 2017
    Peen wrote: »

100% bet that you have to get new pieces to get the new ornament slots (with all of their noise about generous drop rates I can't imagine it'll take long, accumulating the ornaments themselves will probably take more time than getting the armor).

It doesn't matter if they drop more frequently if I have to hope for lucky T12 rolls again. I *still* haven't got them on all pieces.

EDIT:
    Sirialis wrote: »

I still have my Adept Messenger with void damage in my bank, the primary I wanted the most...

I got it 1 day before they went "ELEMENTAL PRIMARIES ARE THE DEVIL" and it was made obsolete instantly.

A bit miffed that day.

I'm excited about using Fang of Ir Yût again. I know I'm weird, but I really really liked that scout.

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I got my solar Jewel of Osiris from that same run, if I recall correctly. I used it all week and took it through half of the Taken King campaign.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

I got it 1 day before they went "ELEMENTAL PRIMARIES ARE THE DEVIL" and it was made obsolete instantly.

A bit miffed that day.

And that, is the origin of a salt superhero. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Maybe they'll even throw a bone to all the hoarders out there, and auto-update all the Y1 raid gear sitting in your vault to Y3 versions

hey, a Guardian can dream

I got my solar Jewel of Osiris from that same run, if I recall correctly. I used it all week and took it through half of the Taken King campaign.

Not the first time I got bent over by RNGesus, but probably the time in Destiny when it stung the most:

Y1 Flawless, go to Mercury - "YAY JEWEL OF OSIRiii..... Fuck me, it's Arc."

Skolas, probably 3rd or 4th week - "WOOHOOOOO SIX DREG PRii.... Fuck me, it's Arc."

Word of Crota was decent for a void primary, but I never did get a Solar hand cannon.

If they add any amount of RNG to VoG weapons, I hope the element can be random. I'd farm for all of the Fatebringers. =D

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
    edited March 2017
    In Year 3 Trials of Osiris have given me 2 out of 4 Adept primaries.

I especially wanted the Pulse Rifle and then a Scout adept, so of course I got the Handcannon and the Auto Rifle...

I even got the Auto Rifle straight after the AR nerf.

Sirialis on
    I had every flavor of Messenger and binned them all

come at me bro

Maybe they'll even throw a bone to all the hoarders out there, and auto-update all the Y1 raid gear sitting in your vault to Y3 versions

hey, a Guardian can dream

vq2TEKC.png
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, just like they did with Shadow Price.

... Oh wait.

Sirialis on
    I have complete sets of Year 1 VoG, CE, and PoE armor for every class, sitting in my vault. (Plus all the raid weapons, natch.) I've been holding onto them out of nostalgia, blind hope, and general stubbornness.

Wednesday will bring either vindication, or a reason to burn it all down...

I have complete sets of Year 1 VoG, CE, and PoE armor for every class, sitting in my vault. (Plus all the raid weapons, natch.) I've been holding onto them out of nostalgia, blind hope, and general stubbornness.

Wednesday will bring either vindication, or a reason to burn it all down...

I scrapped my PoE armor a looooong time ago, but I'll likely keep all of my VoG and CE gear, even after the re-release.

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
This discussion has been closed.