As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Negative Ghost Ryder, the planet is full. Tag your Spoilers.

• MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Phoenix138 wrote: »
    I know I could just wait a day and find out, but for those of you with early access could you let me know if righthand advantage is still a thing in Andromeda?

Clicky the right stick or whatever the PC equivalent is, and you swap shoulders.

It's Alt on PC.

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Should you send strike teams on high failire chance missions or no?

No, they can get negative traits that can effectively limit their ability on future missions.

Eh, why not roll the bones. I feel like the benefit of a win outweighs the cost of the loss.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I just realized, the deluxe edition is more expensive than a session of psychotherapy.

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    We can always build more killbots.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ive sent my useless idiots on 4 74% chance missions so far

0 successes

they are mad that i stole the scarfs

obF2Wuw.png
    I succeeded on 3 bronzes, waiting on 2 silvers with 33% and 25% respectively

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    ive sent my useless idiots on 4 74% chance missions so far

0 successes

they are mad that i stole the scarfs

It's the scarf effect

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I finally have APEX HQ working, but because I haven't played the game yet I don't have any characters unlocked.

womp womp

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I finally have APEX HQ working, but because I haven't played the game yet I don't have any characters unlocked.

womp womp

Well, the main thing anyhow is just doing the strike team missions so you have boxes waiting for you when you start. You can do that now.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Yeah I haven't played the game yet but I already have two teams going.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    OptimusZed wrote: »

womp womp

Well, the main thing anyhow is just doing the strike team missions so you have boxes waiting for you when you start. You can do that now.

Yeah, I finally found that.

I assume you only get the one team to start and have to buy extras?

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    One team to start, plus 40 missionbux which is the cost of the first squad you purchase.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    40 for the first 80 for the next.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Ok, I think I've got it now. Thanks everyone.

My phone is just being really janky with the interface which is making figuring any of this out very hard.

120 for a 4th, so I'm guessing it's previous cost + 40 for each one.

I'm not in a hurry to test that, because I want to get some equipment for my current teams first. Especially for the elite krogan commando unit who are now afraid of the dark.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    120 for a 4th, so I'm guessing it's previous cost + 40 for each one.

I'm not in a hurry to test that, because I want to get some equipment for my current teams first. Especially for the elite krogan commando unit who are now afraid of the dark.

Awesome.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    So when is this supposed to be playable in the US?

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Four hours from now for me.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    For the MP folks, the App also implies that the Juggernaut equipment may be in sale in the Item Store for Mission Funds?
    That's equipment perfect for melee-murder, so you may want to start hording your mission funds.

(I say this as someone who has only played MP, so I don't know if your acquisition of Mission Funds in SP is faster/separate from your Mission Fund acquisition in MP)

What's Juggernaut equipment?

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Increased shield strength and melee damage. Equipment I believe is mods that you can equip on a character that provides a small boost but is persistent instead of consumed.

Also, looks like I had a cached version of the app running, and they removed it. May have been a bug where they were previewing content that comes out tomorrow.

Yeah, that's Gear from ME3, not surprising.

Tended to be relatively modest bonuses, of course. Except for stuff like the Batarian gauntlet, which actually modified your melee attack, which was sick.

• MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    I just got the app downloaded a few minutes ago and noticed the Juggernaut Equipment too.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    I kind of regret playing Multiplayer now. It spoiled some of the late game Kett and Remnant enemies for me. I think the SP reveals would have more impact if I didn't know the enemies already...

I totally spoiled myself in ME3 that way, a new enemy would show up and instead of being all wowed by the experience I was just like, "Oh, yeah, those guys, they're not actually that bad."

I've resolved to stay away from MP until I finish the single player campaign this time

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Looking forward to a mod that allows you to skip the opening cutscene.

Usually when I create a character, I don't like having to wait to see how he looks and animates before I decide whether to scrap him or not.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    I kind of regret playing Multiplayer now. It spoiled some of the late game Kett and Remnant enemies for me. I think the SP reveals would have more impact if I didn't know the enemies already...

I totally spoiled myself in ME3 that way, a new enemy would show up and instead of being all wowed by the experience I was just like, "Oh, yeah, those guys, they're not actually that bad."

I've resolved to stay away from MP until I finish the single player campaign this time

The introduction of both Banshees and Atlases was... Anticlimactic.

"Wait... There's just... One of them?"

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I hope I can do most of my strike teaming in game, because this is one of the most poorly optimized apps I've ever used. I have to keep force closing it to stop it from taking 5 minutes to accept any button presses.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    How does Negative Traits work on APEX Strike teams? I havent gotten any yet.

Is it just a set number of failures gives a Negative Trait? if so, is there any way to redeem a failure towards a Negative Trait?

I have gotten a positive trait on each of my 2 teams, but no negatives, Night Time Operator and Precise which gives +10 each, I have both on hold right now since I dont know if I should go for 18-30%'ish missions, failed the 29% I sent one team on.

Edit: I havent had any issues with the App so far, other than Origin logging me out once, maybe I accidently did that myself, I dont know.

Sirialis on
    I don't know if there are ways to get rid of them or not. My kroteam has 2 positive and 2 negative traits. One of the negatives gives a -10 penalty to "scary" missions and I don't remember what the other one is, but it's along those lines.

• danxdanx Registered User regular
    Does biotic alacrity (Barrier 4) impact Shield powered Nova (Nova 6)? Wondering if you can get two novas out that way.

Right now I'm torn between nova prepping combos with rapid charges to detonate or no cd novas with shields replenished from kills. Or fast charging around with no cooldown novas. I don't know what to pick.

Can you "respec" if you don't like one of the routes? Only level 4.

edited March 2017
    Would be nice with a tutorial for when to send out your teams to be honest, only reason I dont send them out now is because I have no idea if I'll get punished for it or if said punishment is supposed to be permanent. (I know I can buy more teams, but they are pricy and I cant afford more than 1/4 of a new team)

Thats some less than great design for a minigame if you honestly have no idea what the "right" thing to do is.

Sirialis on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Is the APEX app only for those people who had the trial? or can someone who hasn't even started the game start using it?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    It's available to everyone.

edited March 2017
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Is the APEX app only for those people who had the trial? or can someone who hasn't even started the game start using it?

I havent played the game yet, with the App you get a Strike team for free and you can buy an additional one right when you start, think I've gotten 6 boxes of loot so far.

I dont know what the loot is though, I'll redeem them when I get the game.

Sirialis on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Can someone tell me why it is that in the year of our Lord 2017 EA can't make a password reset that actually sends out an email?

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Anyone know which setting I have to fix on the xbone to get rid of the privacy settings error in the apex app?

• DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Not sure if default FemRyder has grown on me... or if I'm just never going to be satisfied with the monstrosities I create in the CC...

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    Not sure if default FemRyder has grown on me... or if I'm just never going to be satisfied with the monstrosities I create in the CC...

get scarf

obF2Wuw.png
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    My favorite character in the ME3 multiplayer was, by far, the Geth Trooper Soldier. I loved Flamer, and I'm anxious to see how it handles as a single-player ability in Andromeda. Having said that, the Geth Trooper could squeeze additional Power damage out of basically all of its abilities: Networked AI; Hunter Mode; Fortification and even Advanced Hardware all provided some form of bonus Power damage. That's not even including the Power Amplifier available for the Acolyte Pistol, which also helped the class strip Shields and Barriers super quickly. Basically, the Geth Trooper was tanky as all get out and was basically just a walking Flamethrower with a ton of bonus Power damage baked into the package. I want my Ryder in Andromeda to play as close to that playstyle as possible, but I'm not totally sure yet how to do it.

At this point, I'm thinking Flamethrower (obviously) with Damage (+25%), Lingering Burn (+25% DoT and +50% Duration) and Blinding Heat (damage output from enemies on fire reduced by 50%). This is an Insanity build, by the way. If I were playing on lower difficulties, I'd almost certainly go Anti-Armor at Rank 6, instead. But the idea here is to be super tanky while burning everything up.

Then Tactical Cloak with Damage Bonus (+100% total Power damage bonus), Speed and Combat Cloak (cloak remains active for 2 seconds after attacking, damage bonuses remain throughout this duration).

And then round it out with Invasion, to further the damage from Flamethrower. So I'd pick up Recharge Speed, Weaken (35% total damage resistance debuff) and Sabotage (affected enemies deal 15% reduced weapon damage). If I can get away with Virulence on Insanity for the Rank 6 evo, I will, but I figure I'll need the defensive bonuses.

So I could Cloak, run in, debuff the target with Invasion, then open up the Flamethrower while still retaining the bonus damage from Combat Cloak.

I'm basically forgoing any ability to Tech Combo on my own for the ability to just shred motherfuckers with my Flamethrower. I suppose I can always use my squadmates to Combo, so I don't feel like that's a huge setback.

Offensive Tech passive is probably one of the better Tech options, too, since it gives an additional 35% elemental damage debuff at Rank 6.

Thoughts?

milk ducks on
  • MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    So, trying to engage things in this game without actually reading too many reviews, and came across this reddit thread. Interesting thoughts on why things may be so janky and weird with Femryder facial animations especially. Possibly a late shift in the default face. It's all rumor of course, but the french stream was interesting, to say the least. Take it or leave it, just posting ME info while we all wait for the clock to tick.

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/6010ab/no_spoilers_sara_ryder_corrected_face_leaked/

I suspect there will be some interesting rumors to leak out about the development of this game over the next year or so.

This discussion has been closed.