As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect Andromeda: Pathfinder, I've detected a thread that you can post in

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    What is the Lanat

This guy on my team is one shotting everything

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Well, my copy shipped early, according to Amazon . Dunno if I have time to play it tonight, but
    Amazon noob! :P

I came home when I got the notification that my copy had been delivered, so I can set it to install/update while I'm at the gym. Just like previous iterations, I'm going to take a break from this thread for a couple weeks to avoid spoilers.

See you tonight, XBros!!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    What is the Lanat

This guy on my team is one shotting everything

Kett version of the Widow. It's good.

• Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    24s till full extraction, were dominating.

Your Trial has expired.

article_post_width_sad-shepard.jpg

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Krogans are still the best

Spoiler for like 2 hours after the trial content gate

IjG7OMph.jpg

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

IjG7OMph.jpg

The Mass Effect I know and love

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Bah, I guess GMG's not giving out the keys till the european date, so I won't be getting mine 'till thursday.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

IjG7OMph.jpg

The Mass Effect I know and love

I totally find myself walking all over to talk to everyone to not miss a single thing. Yeah, this is mass effect.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    As it turns out, (again, 2 or so hours after the trial content gate spoiler)
    asking a Krogan about war stories is exactly as fun as you'd thing.

Also, you can keep asking and he'll keep talking..

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    As it turns out, (again, 2 or so hours after the trial content gate spoiler)
    asking a Krogan about war stories is exactly as fun as you'd thing.

Also, you can keep asking and he'll keep talking..

Is that the same Krogan with a awesome intro during the trial?
    Bursting through the window with the alien dog thing and you respond with, "That was really cool!"

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Bah, I guess GMG's not giving out the keys till the european date, so I won't be getting mine 'till thursday.

Really? This seriously blows and should have been front and center on the game page.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    This being released on a Thursday for me is pretty disappointing. Video games had been good lately about global release dates, too!

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    This being released on a Thursday for me is pretty disappointing. Video games had been good lately about global release dates, too!

EA games are always on Thursdays in Europe for some reason

Often that means we get things a day or two early, but this time we get it late because the global date is on a Tuesday

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Anyone on PC who wants to do some multi in an hour when this drops, let me know. Origin I'D is weavermatico.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Will the physical copy of the game come with install CDs or will it just be a code to download on Origin?

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Maybe Comcast isn't bad all the time....

BesrIia.png

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I dunno, game seems fine to me? I'm not deep enough in to have really hit the meat of the game yet, though

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    IT'S HERE

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    So, you know that gif of Ryder running down some stairs in a goofy manner? That isn't something that'll just happen or you'll do accidentally. It happens when you quickly press left and right over and over while sprinting.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Well, one of the loyalty packs I had included the Krogan Vanguard soooooooo game over

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    My first multi mission post launch was some asshole blasting mic feedback into the group, so, that's a thing because of course it is.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Liam sucks

Throw Liam out the airlock

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So I'm hoping this is fixed with a restart but I am getting a very obnoxious bug where the camera is CONSTANTLY swimming around like so
    https://youtu.be/rp4Qb75sHnQ

It's a little nauseating to begin with but makes aiming a huge pain in the ass

Update: reset fixed it!

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Just got to the Nexus and the game seems totally fine??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    please tell me that most of the complaints were bogus

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Non-spoilery thoughts; two hours in, seems fine so far, and I'm liking it a bunch.

Spoilers for first two hours.
    Just got off Habitat 7. Kinda bummed we lost Ryder Sr. so early on, so far he seemed like the most interesting character.

Liam and Cora are very much non-entities so far.

I'm not wild about the lack of auto-regen health? Finding packs seems like it's gonna be a major pain in the ass, especially during longer gaps between pack drop sites.

I really love the exploration element and how it fed back into the game dialogue; other than the obnoxious lighting strikes, getting to roam around Habitat 7 and do whatever was a ton of fun.

Also; I UNDERSTAND WE NEED TO FIND THE PATHFINDER, CORA AND LIAM. I UNDERSTAND THE LIGHTNING HURTS, LIAM AND CORA. SHUT UP.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Is there a way to order my teammates to use specific abilities like in previous games? I haven't seen that yet

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Is there a way to order my teammates to use specific abilities like in previous games? I haven't seen that yet

If there is, the game has not felt it necessary to divulge that information.

I'll say this; the game is very bad at giving you basic directions at how to play the game.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Just heard some ambient dialogue about the Nexus crew finding Girl Scout Cookies on the Hyperion's inventory logs and a Salarian tech being willing to throw down with a krogan engineer for them.

I missed you, Mass Effect.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm at the first real story mission and...this is a Mass Effect game? And Peebee seems fine?

The face stuff is...not great, but it definitely doesn't seem as broken as I was led to believe, and I haven't noticed any animation jank.

• Options
    I need to figure put how to switch weapons in multiplayer

• Options

Scroll wheel.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I am a fan of Nakmor Kesh

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Scroll wheel.

cool let me just check my Xbox controller for one of those

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Kumail Nanjani's performance also isn't as terrible as it seemed in various clips

Like, it ain't mind blowing but he's totally fine and is able to get across that Tann is a scheming ass well enough

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I was about to ask if it wasn't the touchpad like in single player but you're probably not gonna find one of those on your xbone controller either.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    please tell me that most of the complaints were bogus

I wouldn't say bogus necessarily.

The complaints I've seen from professional reviewers (not the internet hate brigade) are certainly there, but if you're like me they probably won't really bother you and will be outweighed by the charming moments in the game.

Animations are still awkward and the shot-reverse shot dialogue sequences feel more jarring than I remember, but there's still plenty of good character moments and cool setpieces and fun exploration to outweigh the jank, I think.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Oh hey, there's an answer for why Drell, Volus, Hanar and Quarians aren't in Andromeda:
    They were all banding together under a Quarian ark, specializing in dealing with each of their species' specific biological needs, but they had technical difficulties before launch. They will still show up, but weren't part of the first wave of colonists.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I managed to get the nomad stuck in a place where the only way out was fast travel back to a forward station.

This discussion has been closed.