As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Southpaw Regional [chat] is the coolest ever

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    im only kinda joking

I think if you could add to the situ thats ideal because yes, you didn marry a neruoscientist once but now you have more tattoos

I like your idea

But also I'm an unemployed litigator who needs to fit in with a bunch of waspy old lawyers, or else I'm never going to get a job and stabilize my amazingly bad finances

but what if you abandoned that dream and embraced my fully tattooed dream instead

*tattoos entire face*

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I liked watching Daredevil beat up a bunch of guys in a hallway and then be nearly dead afterward

But he still looked impressive doing it

I liked the other hallway scene better, the one with the lift and the chain and all that in the second season

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    oh shit wesley returns what's he gonna fuck up in the next 40 mins?

you shut your diseased mouth he might have brought ashley judd with him > : (

rRwz9.gif
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    gQrpi8d.jpg
    the white house's name has never been so apt

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    oh shit it is ashley judd

i can't believe they cast such a young and attractive ensign

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • SealSeal Registered User regular
    so I guess Spacex built a big Roomba to secure landed boosters at sea and named it Optimus Prime https://i.redd.it/2fu2yvdpanmy.jpg

gd nerds

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    im only kinda joking

I think if you could add to the situ thats ideal because yes, you didn marry a neruoscientist once but now you have more tattoos

I like your idea

But also I'm an unemployed litigator who needs to fit in with a bunch of waspy old lawyers, or else I'm never going to get a job and stabilize my amazingly bad finances

but what if you abandoned that dream and embraced my fully tattooed dream instead

*tattoos entire face*

tattoo the bill of rights on your face and you'll be a shoe in

Chanus on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i have a tattoo that says "don't give up on your dreams" in asian

I have one in English that says "go to Asia, and then give up on your dreams."

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited March 2017
    im only kinda joking

I like your idea

*tattoos entire face*

tattoo the bill of rights on your face and you'll be a shoe in
    yeah but you know a year later you'll be like 'ugg I can't believe i got a tattoo of that right before it was abolished'

wandering on
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    oh shit wesley returns what's he gonna fuck up in the next 40 mins?

you shut your diseased mouth he might have brought ashley judd with him > : (

that is a fair point

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    on the topic of new disney live actions

my gf and i were having an argument about what makes something live action

she doesn't think the new lion king can count as live action because there are no humans

for example, new jungle book was live action because there was a mowgli in it

but jungle book minus mowgli = not live action

like i get where shes coming from because cgi animals

but like, it's still not cartoon animation

which in my mind makes it live action

so i dunno, what's the consensus here?

Nah I would only count live action as having humans or real animals on screen.

Like Babe would still be live action if you edited out all the human interactions.

Yeah wtf u nerds this is the only acceptable live action definition

If it's all cgi animals then it's cgi animated animals

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

she doesn't think the new lion king can count as live action because there are no humans

Like Babe would still be live action if you edited out all the human interactions.

Oh man. She hasn't hit the hot Aunt May discussion yet...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Aside from not everyone having parents the same age (personally my mom was 64 when I graduated highschool) Aunt May is supposed to be a traditionally matronly figure in the comics that the readers can also identify with. She's supposed to, along with Uncle Ben, be a guide for Peter's moral compass.

She is instead the butt of a bunch of jokes in the movie and actually wears a little black dress in the after credits scene. She is a cardboard cutout of a character instead of being one that guides Peter. Now, granted, this is a Captain America movie so they don't have time to expose on her specifically so I might still be proven wrong regarding the direction they take her. However, they have taken a seemingly strong female character and reduced her to the base components that the fedora wearing "m'lady" crowd want and made her incredibly thick headed as well.

If they really wanted to switch up the character, maybe she should have already known Peter was Spiderman before Stark showed up. There's also not a goddamn sign of Uncle Ben.

Or maybe it should have been Aunt May who died instead. There are plenty of ways to switch this origin story up without turning Aunt May into a supermodel. I can seriously count on one hand the number of 50+ year olds who actually look like that and most of them work in Hollywood.

P.S. No one likes arguing against 12+ people at once.

I'll argue with anyone, a dog, a whale, a robot, I don't give a fuck

um BC you can just refer to @Element Brian as a nerd directly no one else was having his nonsense

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    blurk quick what are the first 8 tattoos you will get and how many of them are on your face

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Marissa Tomei is not a supermodel. I don't think she's even done modeling? She's just an actress.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Oh man. She hasn't hit the hot Aunt May discussion yet...

My conclusion from the argument is tomei is hot and she was the best in My Cousin Vinny

Which is th best courtroom movi of all time

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @Chanus get a tattoo of a flexing bicep with another tattoo of a flexing bicep on it

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I kinda wish I had a bunch of tattoos and didn't give a fuck.
    A 'Stupid white people' kanji tattoo is really something which should exist.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    so I guess Spacex built a big Roomba to secure landed boosters at sea and named it Optimus Prime https://i.redd.it/2fu2yvdpanmy.jpg

gd nerds

Elon is out of control at this point

(All time)

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Ahahaha, Twitch chat spamming "MURDERER" and "MURDER RANGER" throughout the first episode of Wild Force. Just completely ruthless.

Allons-y Elon

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Wait, setting aside the thrust of the argument, where did the whole fedora thing come from

I'm totally open to the argument that it's problematic for everyone in show business to be beautiful, and that conventionally attractive actresses especially have trouble scoring serious roles

But 'hot girl good' is not a neckbeard thing

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    IIRC Ashley Judd was in Double Jeopardy, which is how I found out that "double jeopardy" is a real legal term and not just a kind of question on a gameshow

edited March 2017
    IIRC Ashley Judd was in Double Jeopardy, which is how I found out that "double jeopardy" is a real legal term and not just a kind of question on a gameshow

That movie is a hilarious use of the term though. I guess I will spoiler this.
    It's not accurate at all. The rule is You can't be tried from the same exact crime twice. She commits a totally new crime. She'd definitely go to jail.

So It Goes on
    Good evening [chat]

I am horizontal

Nargirl is working on some form of home work

We brought another lamp into my room and now it is bright as daylight in here

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

oh no

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Good evening you live action nerds and animated dorks.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I guess we are dancing with the stars tonight :bigfrown:

first they came for the neckbeards

So It Goes wrote: »

It's not accurate at all. The rule is You can't be tried from the same exact crime twice. She commits a totally new crime. She'd definitely go to jail.

A husband and wife

can't be charged

with the same crime

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The state of the American Empire: still going for that cultural victory.

https://youtu.be/M_dEaj0OOgw?t=545

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I had a mild crush on Ashley Judd as a teenager almost entirely because of that one Star Trek TNG episode.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    So It Goes wrote: »

A husband and wife

can't be charged

with the same crime
    Did you note my words of same exact crime

Did you

EM

BeNarwhal wrote: »

oh no

I took my sleep meds and my body craves the sweet embrace of darkness!

But apparently Nargirl likes light like a

Well

Like a crazy person

edited March 2017
    I'm wrongfully convicted of killing someone who went missing in 2001

I then kill that person in 2010

Factually different crimes! Not the same! Double jeopardy doesn't apply! Aaaaahhhhh

So It Goes on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    new botw was good.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

I was referring to Arrested Development you goon

Meanwhile the conversations about discovery in My Cousin Vinny make me so happy

This discussion has been closed.