As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Southpaw Regional [chat] is the coolest ever

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    We brought another lamp into my room and now it is bright as daylight in here

oh no

I took my sleep meds and my body craves the sweet embrace of darkness!

But apparently Nargirl likes light like a

Well

Like a crazy person

get one of those sleep masks like a bored housewife

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I'm wrongfully convicted of killing someone who went missing in 2001

I then kill that person in 2010

Factually different crimes! Not the same! Double jeopardy doesn't apply! Aaaaahhhhh

yeah but if you're husband and wife it's okay

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    the law says a pet and its owner can't be charged with the same crime

doggle jeopardy

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    next world bluth day is 2019

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

Factually different crimes! Not the same! Double jeopardy doesn't apply! Aaaaahhhhh
    do you still get double murder points

why would a hollywood film be based on a misconception of something?

i'd wear a shirt that says NAKED in big bold letters

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Listen I will rail against improperly popularized misconceptions about the law until my last breath chanus

aww man this alien race has butt foreheads how unfortunate

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

Pshht I just retained So It Goes as my attorney. I'm pretty sure she can get me out of this based on a suppression hearing having the dna evidence thrown out for procedural reasons.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    We brought another lamp into my room and now it is bright as daylight in here

oh no

I took my sleep meds and my body craves the sweet embrace of darkness!

But apparently Nargirl likes light like a

Well

Like a crazy person

Light is bad for sleep

put your flipper down

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    SIG, if I get incorrectly infracted for a 499k image do I get to post a 14meg gif without punishment?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Listen I will rail against improperly popularized misconceptions about the law until my last breath chanus

Don't ever watch Primal Fear.

Or only watch Primal Fear after you're already two or more sheets to the wind

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    aww man this alien race has butt foreheads how unfortunate
    prisoners of their own butt foreheads

evilbob wrote: »
    SIG, if I get incorrectly infracted for a 499k image do I get to post a 14meg gif without punishment?

See bob gets the concept!

The remedy isn't you get to commit a new crime, it's you get out of jail!

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

If you get infracted for a 499k image it's because one of the cops pulled a 1k bill out of his wallet and threw it in the briefcase on the way to evidence

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    i'd wear a shirt that says NAKED in big bold letters

How about a tattoo with kanji characters that mean NAKED?

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    pounded in the butt forehead by my own butt forehead

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The third and youngest son cannot be charged with a crime if the eldest two have been drafted for war.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Air Bud, except instead of there being no rule against a dog playing basketball it turns out there's no law against a dog committing mass murder

that doesn't balance the scales

Feral wrote: »

Don't ever watch Primal Fear.

Or only watch Primal Fear after you're already two or more sheets to the wind

Oh dang I watched that in high school

I need to watch that again soon

I need to start a "lawyer nitpicks the movies/tv" blog actually

Delmain wrote: »
    pounded in the butt forehead by my own butt forehead

pounded in the forehead by a prosthetic forehead on my real head

• EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular

If you get infracted for a 499k image it's because one of the cops pulled a 1k bill out of his wallet and threw it in the briefcase on the way to evidence

Can you explain why you have a 1.1meg image in your post son?

I swear it was only 350k when I uploaded it!

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Pro tip the scales can never be balanced

edited March 2017

Can you explain why you have a 1.1meg image in your post son?

I swear it was only 350k when I uploaded it!
    It would be a shame if something were to happen to this report button.

zepherin on
    scene: The Hague

AIR BUD sits inside the defendant cube

LAWYER: Your Honours of this International Court of Justice, I move for this trial to be thrown out of court. For you see, there's no law in the Geneva Convention which prevents a dog from committing war crimes!

Apothe0sis wrote: »

Pro tip the scales can never be balanced

If we FORCE the wrongly convicted to commit an equivalent crime then I think we're golden

The rule says that a dog can't compete in singles figure skating

but there's no rule stopping him from competing in doubles

weighing things using the scales of justice must be hard if you're blindfolded

splice cut, sepia-toned scene of AIR BUD burying the corpses of UNSPECIFIED ETHNIC GROUP - and a toy bone - in a shallow grave

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    My sister gets similarly annoyed at forensic methods in crime shows.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

simonwolf wrote: »
    scene: The Hague

AIR BUD sits inside the defendant cube

LAWYER: Your Honours of this International Court of Justice, I move for this trial to be thrown out of court. For you see, there's no law in the Geneva Convention which prevents a dog from committing war crimes!
    Your honored I move to have this lawyer thrown out of the court as she is only licensed to practice bird law.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    splice cut, sepia-toned scene of AIR BUD burying the corpses of UNSPECIFIED ETHNIC GROUP - and a toy bone - in a shallow grave
    The Air Bud Diaries

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    The Air Bud Diaries

((Must Love Dogs))

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

The concept of "good boy" is just a social construct invented by human masters in order to keep us in line with false praise. If we satisfy ourselves with just being good boys, we're no longer asking the real questions.

The best sport movie is easily blades of glory

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    The third and youngest son cannot be charged with a crime if the eldest two have been drafted for war.

Serving Prison, Ryan?

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    The most accurate law film ever filmed is, of course, Judd Nelson's From the Hip.

edit: Which is great, because the two most accurate films about law (Double Jeopardy being the second) star someone with Judd as one of their two names.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
This discussion has been closed.