As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    there was a bit of drama about Build Script between Dan and Damon on one of the facebook groups, actually. :|

Can you elaborate at all? I hadn't even noticed the card cost influence when I first saw it and I didn't think much of it then. Wondering what the possible thoughts might have been.

well it's functionally the same as 2 of the options of Deuces Wild combined into one card, so Dan was kinda furious as to why this card was even printed since it's essentially redundant and then the conversation progressed from there and... well, it's one heck of a thread.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    there was a bit of drama about Build Script between Dan and Damon on one of the facebook groups, actually. :|

Can you elaborate at all? I hadn't even noticed the card cost influence when I first saw it and I didn't think much of it then. Wondering what the possible thoughts might have been.

Summary, not verbatim:
    Dan opined: why would print a worse version of my card a few packs after? Its dumb by taking away a slot for something more interesting and implies dan's card shouldn't have been made as it is.
    Damon replied: Build Script was already in development when you submitted deuces wild, and that Damon tried to make Dan submit a differing card. He also said the Champ cards don't go to playtesters so thats why no playtesters might have commented on it.
    Dan sarc'd back: I guess as chief designer your hands were completely tied then, absolutely no way you could have changed a card that was still in development, especially such a crucial one as build script.
    Not really that big a drama

not very big but it's always very awkward when two well known figures in the community briefly throw down a bit like that

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Ah, gotcha. I was certainly hoping it was a more ... refined ... conversation. Still, Dan't perspective makes sense from a base standpoint.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    it is a fully legitimate complaint

it is also a fully legitimate complaint that deuces wild was designed with PPVP in mind, and with it on the MWL it almost never is worthwhile

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh hey, TD scoops are starting to trickle out. Someone posted some on Instagram, for some reason. Some stuff we've seen before in there, but also a couple of new breakers.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    not very big but it's always very awkward when two well known figures in the community briefly throw down a bit like that

That's on Damon, really. There's nothing about Dan's position in the community that should make him unable to criticize card releases. It's on the designers to not engage.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

That's on Damon, really. There's nothing about Dan's position in the community that should make him unable to criticize card releases. It's on the designers to not engage.

I agree, Damon hasn't really helped here. I do wish Dan wouldn't bait him, but you are right Dan is allowed.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Seidr Adaptive Barrier is weird and I'm not really sure how to evaluate it, but I think in most cases it's not great right now.

By itself, it's an over-costed Wall of Static. With another piece of ice on the server, it becomes equivalent to a Bastion. When you get to a third piece of ice, it becomes a discounted Fire Wall. Which is not terrible! And it does get better from there, but there are very few times when I've stacked more than 3 ice on a server (sometimes, but it's admittedly a bit rare).

Now, in this Parasite-Sifr meta, none of this matters really, except that even if they don't destroy Seidr directly, they weaken it by destroying other ice in the same server. It is cool that Seidr gets strength from installed and not rezzed ice, but it's still a difficult choice to play. In this non-glacier meta, I don't see it taking up too many spots in decks. They probably could have costed it at 3, and let it be a in-faction Wall of Static ++, and I'm still not sure it sees that much play.

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Seidr Adaptive Barrier is weird and I'm not really sure how to evaluate it, but I think in most cases it's not great right now.

By itself, it's an over-costed Wall of Static. With another piece of ice on the server, it becomes equivalent to a Bastion. When you get to a third piece of ice, it becomes a discounted Fire Wall. Which is not terrible! And it does get better from there, but there are very few times when I've stacked more than 3 ice on a server (sometimes, but it's admittedly a bit rare).

Now, in this Parasite-Sifr meta, none of this matters really, except that even if they don't destroy Seidr directly, they weaken it by destroying other ice in the same server. It is cool that Seidr gets strength from installed and not rezzed ice, but it's still a difficult choice to play. In this non-glacier meta, I don't see it taking up too many spots in decks. They probably could have costed it at 3, and let it be a in-faction Wall of Static ++, and I'm still not sure it sees that much play.

There are some weird glaciers where I end up going to 4 or 5 ice but I have trouble seeing Seidr in them (for example the new HB bioroid ice ID whose name I'm forgetting likes to stack ice 4 deep but would never use that because it isn't a bioroid).

Lykouragh wrote: »

There are some weird glaciers where I end up going to 4 or 5 ice but I have trouble seeing Seidr in them (for example the new HB bioroid ice ID whose name I'm forgetting likes to stack ice 4 deep but would never use that because it isn't a bioroid).

Ironically, the new ID is Seidr Laboratories. So it might still go in it!

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    It is possible the new jinteki themes they're pushing with AgInfusion and replanting might work okay with Seidr SA Barrier - Bloom and Replanting ignoring the install costs certainly help with making huge ice stacks, and SSAB and Aginfusion both get value from unrezzed ice.

Replanting is for psyfields, not ICE, you heretic!

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    jintkei glacier could totally benefit from picking up a snare, installing ice for free, and then installing an agenda.

or the snare, or field, again.

glacier, asset spam, traps. like, the only Jintkei gameplan it's not good in is prison.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    I'm mostly joking, it actually makes chum-> data mine sort of things much more playable too. I'm just so excited about picking up a psyfield and then installing two agendas :)

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    New pack seems a little underwhelming. Another printing error, I'm assuming, which gives the player a 'whenever' ability that must surely just be during that run.

edited March 2017
    Damon talking to Team Covenant about TD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8heuAYo3iaM

There's SCOOPS! in here.

EDIT:
    CuqOxc3.png

yup yup yup yup yup yup yup YUP YUP YUP UH HUH.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited March 2017
    Also I totally missed it, but apparently Bios changed from her preview article. She's apparently now look at 7 and NVRAM 5 cards instead of 6/4?

EDIT: Oh, apparently the video was actually recorded a while back, and so some of the cards are out of date. The crim console also apparently gives link?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    is there some kind of PA Netrunner discord for organizing games?

mysticjuicer on
    narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
    edited March 2017
    So nobody has talked about these so far (that I saw anyway).
    Gee, one of those cards looks familiar, huh? Awfully close to a certain Build Script that we saw the other day. I guess elsewhere it's been called into question how corp-flavored this new runner card is. Alongside how ridiculous it would be to have BOTH these neutral cards in the runner pool, it looks pretty likely that they screwed up and printed a corp card as runner. Either that or someone really threw the theme on this one out the window and decided both these 1-influence neutral cards were worth having side by side. <_<

ArcticLancer on
    So nobody has talked about these so far (that I saw anyway).
    Gee, one of those cards looks familiar, huh? Awfully close to a certain Build Script that we saw the other day. I guess elsewhere it's been called into question how corp-flavored this new runner card is. Alongside how ridiculous it would be to have BOTH these neutral cards in the runner pool, it looks pretty likely that they screwed up and printed a corp card as runner. Either that or someone really threw the theme on this one out the window and decided both these 1-influence neutral cards were worth having side by side. <_<

Honestly, I think I'm pretty okay with it. Seeing as how TD is supposed to be played as a Core + TD card pool, a lot of the other options for decks just aren't legal. And while they *could* just reprint something else in TD, that would mean that other card would also be exempt from rotation.

It *is* kind of dumb that either of those weren't faction'd, though. I mean, slap a Adam or Apex logo on Build Script if you want it to cost a influence for most everyone and you'd be helping out people who want to play them a TON.

In regards to Process Automation, the closest I can come to figuring out what's going on flavor-wise is that I think the runner hacked a local automated factory and is using the resources from it for their own purposes.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Also, for the UKHackPack, the locations for Regionals and Nationals were announced.

Hopefully this means the rest will be getting announced soon.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited March 2017
    There are many ways to justify things, yes. "Restructuring labor resources." is the kind of flavor text that requires a lot of hoop jumping to justify as a runner card. :P
    Otherwise, on the exact same grounds about having both cards available ... well, yeah, that's even more why it makes sense as a corp card. <_<

ArcticLancer on
    Corps already have the card effect, though, in the X Level Clearances.

persona4celestia.jpg

Not really. Most of us are on Jinteki.net from time to time, usually the same or similar usernames to here. If you're interested, propose a time and one of us will probably be able to play you online!

• EtheaEthea Registered User regular

Not really. Most of us are on Jinteki.net from time to time, usually the same or similar usernames to here. If you're interested, propose a time and one of us will probably be able to play you online!

I know I have randomly played other PA'ers on Jinteki on occasion.

uFAQ's up for Station One.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I'm too lazy to read them, anything I need to know?

Also, if asset spam is super prevalent in your meta, like it is in the UK, I have an awesome deck that won our recent GNK for you to consider. It's out of Val, if anyone is interested?

Cerberus wrote: »
    Also, if asset spam is super prevalent in your meta, like it is in the UK, I have an awesome deck that won our recent GNK for you to consider. It's out of Val, if anyone is interested?

yeeeeep been seeing a lot of it lately and I expect to see even more soon

also as for Station One the big thing to know is that you can MCA Informant a Corporate Troubleshooter, even if it's unrezzed (in which case you must reveal it). Runner can't use the click ability to trash it, they have to go access and trash it.

Cerberus wrote: »

I Ann interested in these scoops

This is the Val deck I've been testing and seems strong.

Revelations

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe

Event (28)
    3x Apocalypse ●●●●● ●●●●
    3x Blackmail
    2x Déjà Vu
    3x Dirty Laundry
    2x Hacktivist Meeting
    3x I've Had Worse
    3x Inject
    2x Making an Entrance
    1x Peace in Our Time ●
    1x Rebirth ●
    3x Sure Gamble
    2x Vamp

Hardware (1)
    1x Chop Bot 3000

Resource (13)
    2x Daily Casts
    2x DDoS
    2x Joshua B.
    3x Liberated Account
    2x Same Old Thing
    2x Temüjin Contract ●●●●

Icebreaker (6)
    1x Black Orchestra
    3x Eater
    1x MKUltra
    1x Paperclip

Program (2)
    2x Keyhole

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
    50 cards (min 50)
    Cards up to Quorum

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

[\spoiler]

edited March 2017
    Are you generally aiming your temujin at archives? Trying to figure out what the lines are for the first Apoc.

I love Apocalypse so this deck looks to be my jam.

Ethea on
    Ethea wrote: »
    Are you generally aiming your temujin at archives? Trying to figure out what the lines are for the first Apoc.

I love Apocalypse so this deck looks to be my jam.

Yeah, Tem on archives and empty all but one.
    Your lines of play are Blackmail HQ and R&D, to set up the apocalypse. This isn't a 2 out of 50 card combo, as you can use Josh B plus recursion on a single Blackmail. You can also support with DDOS.
    You also have Eater plus Vamp to set up your Apocalypse turn.

I'm always terrified of Hostile Infrastructure when I play apoc decks D:

No Mad Dash to go with the Keyhole? I thought that was the thing these days with the Brits.

Its a solid include, I've been playing this since before Mad Dash was out so just havent updated to include it.

Oh hey, so word is that 2017 Q2 event kits are starting to show up in the wild.

Shaper click tracker (think like the NBN one from the previous one, but with four external bits), Data Ravens, and... Nero? Wut.

persona4celestia.jpg
    So am I crazy or have they not announced when and where US regionals are occurring?