As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax tickets question?

StarLegacyStarLegacy Registered User new member
So will we get like a set date when tickets come up then it's a race or is it like the above it the day of when tickets are released?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2017
    http://twitter.com/official_pax will tweet that tickets have gone on sale precisely when they go on sale. That is the amount of notice we will all have. They will sometimes do things like say "it won't happen in March" so people aren't stressing over it TOOOO long.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular
    Really hope we get a 'go enjoy Spring/not until after this' type tweet this year. Those have been very, very nice when we've gotten them.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    If you want some historical data. All times in PDT.
    2016: June 7th ~1 PM (Tues)
    2015: May 7th ~noon (Thurs)
    2014: May 28th ~10:15 AM (Wed)
    2013: April 17th ~10:30 AM (Wed)

It hasn't been on a Friday since 2011 and has never been on a Monday.
    The price/day has also gone up $5 the last 3 PAXen, which would put it at $50 this year if the trend continues.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    StarLegacyStarLegacy Registered User new member
    Do you guys know why they don't give you a set date and time on tickets?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    http://www.geekwire.com/2015/how-penny-arcade-manages-pax-ticket-sales-and-why-your-crazy-idea-to-fix-them-wont-work/
    First, why don’t you announce ahead of time when you’ll be selling tickets?

Khoo: Since we’re dealing with organized scalping groups, when given advance notice they are able to mobilize teams, friends, and family members to purchase en masse. By not giving warning, it allows a higher percentage of badges to be sold to real fans of the show. This isn’t conjecture – we have over 20 PAXes under our belt at this point and therefore a tremendous amount of data to support this.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    They will sometimes do things like say "it won't happen in March" so people aren't stressing over it TOOOO long.

I do like when they do this. I'm pretty much banking on end of May time though so we'll have to see.

• Options
    ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
    Just an answer to you question since i just started looking at the forums for the year. They dont set a date because it is too easy for scalpers to set something up. At least that is the general consensus

• Options
    ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
    Sorry. Just read further down the string.

• Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    I'm agreeing with end of May-beginning of June. Unplugged tickets go on sale May 3rd. They might want to wait until after that.

• Options
    krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    They will sometimes do things like say "it won't happen in March" so people aren't stressing over it TOOOO long.

I do like when they do this. I'm pretty much banking on end of May time though so we'll have to see.

Ask and ye shall receive:

• Options
    cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular
    My Twitter did not explode forth with the expected alerts, glad this was just a warning!

This discussion has been closed.