As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't remember TV show

ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morningAnd the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
Speaking of distant viewing memories...

This has been driving me nuts for quite a while. I was little, so we're probably talking mid-80s here. My parents didn't really watch it but it was on just before something they did watch, and so every so often I'd catch bits and pieces of it and that's all I ever saw, but I remember enjoying it because the setting was sort of old-timey homesteading, and it was about a family with a daughter with long hair and a dress I thought was pretty. The dad was usually armed with a rifle or something, and he had a hat.

One time I saw an episode where the kids were snooping around someone else's land and the girl ended up locked in a shed before quickly getting rescued by her brother or father or whatever.

And that's it. That's all I remember. I don't know if it was mainstream or obscure, new or syndicated, because I was pretty young. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The only thing I can think of is Little House on the Prairie.

There was more than one girl and one of them was blind if that helps at all.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think it was Little House on the Prairie. I was vaguely aware of that one, and I think this was meant to be along those lines?

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    The only series with a setting similar to house on the prairie that comes to my mind is Dr. Quinn (and I think she had an adopted daughter and I guess the guy maybe used a rifle?) but that was mid 90s, not mid 80s.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The Waltons maybe?

the-waltons-cast.jpg?fit=crop&w=720

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think it was Dr. Quinn, but maybe I could be off a decade. I'm sifting through episode descriptions and it's amazing how much of that show I remember when I read them. My mom used to watch it.

And I think jeans are too modern.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Avonlea?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    I don't think that's it but the style of dress is the same.

• Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    Anne of Green Gables?

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    NathrakNathrak Registered User regular
    Paradise later renamed Guns of Paradise?

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Nathrak wrote: »

HOLY CRAP THIS IS IT. The specific scene would appear to be from s3e9, "A Study in Fear."

It is apparently incredibly difficult to find. :/

ceres on
  • Options
    Funny thing is, I remember looking for it on the same nights my mom started watching Dr. Quinn, and I never saw it again and was really disappointed. But the wikipedia article said the network stopped airing it to put on Dr. Quinn, so I guess that makes a lot of sense.

And seriously, I can't find it anywhere. :(

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    ceres wrote: »
    Funny thing is, I remember looking for it on the same nights my mom started watching Dr. Quinn, and I never saw it again and was really disappointed. But the wikipedia article said the network stopped airing it to put on Dr. Quinn, so I guess that makes a lot of sense.

And seriously, I can't find it anywhere. :(

Maybe here: http://www.ioffer.com/i/guns-of-paradise-dvd-western-635199638

A big maybe though as I have zero experience with the site or anything, so be smart about it.

BlindZenDriver on
    Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular

HOLY CRAP THIS IS IT. The specific scene would appear to be from s3e9, "A Study in Fear."

The internet can be a truly magical place.

• Options

The internet can be a truly magical place.

I feel like I've been everywhere.