As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Guardians, Report in for Pax Arcadia Legacy Run (p. 73)! Sequel revealed!

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited May 2017 in Games and Technology
We called it the Traveler, and its arrival changed us forever. Great cities were built on Mars and Venus; Mercury became a garden world. Human lifespan tripled. It was a time of miracles. We stared out at the galaxy and knew that it was our Destiny to walk in the light of other stars.

But the Traveler had an enemy. A Darkness - which had hunted it for eons, across the black gulfs of space, centuries after our Golden Age began. This Darkness... found us. And that was the end of everything.

That is, until Peter Dinklage Nolan North found you, Guardian!

7wqy627to2qz.jpg

Destiny: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy *deep breath* first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and the first title in a proposed 10-year, zillion-dollar franchise from Bungie and Activision. It’s MMO-like – think gear, skill trees, leveling up, and party play – with an emphasis on exploration and discovery. As of September 20, 2016, we have entered Year Three of Destiny, which has ushered in a host of new content, quests, gear, weapon balance tweaks, and a brand new raid.

Still relevant: The game is set in our own solar system, 700 years in the future, following a prosperous period of exploration and colonization ushered in by the arrival of the “Traveler,” a mysterious celestial body (pictured above). The Golden Age came to an abrupt end as a result of a momentous event called “the Collapse,” a calamity that wiped out human colonies everywhere. Humanity has retreated to the Last City on Earth, our shared home and the launching point for our journey back to the stars, and from within its walls, we have begun to rebuild. We have begun to fight back. But even as we stand tall, our Light visible in the canyons and craters of far-off worlds, blinding our enemies with its brilliance, the Darkness threatens to close in around us. And everything we know about our enemy is about to change.

wm4i8qoihf2e.png

Rise of Iron

In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of Pax Arcadia traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. The Tower stands today because of our bravery and sacrifice in that first year. Our legend is known far and wide across the bloodied fields of the Crucible. We have earned the favor of the Queen and have protected her Reef from those who sought to tear it apart.

At times, our successes have seemed inevitable, almost routine. We've traveled backward and forward through time; we've crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we've destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. But we have faced trials as well, true challenges that required complete cooperation and tested our limits, especially in the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down humanity's greatest threat to date: Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

Now, in Year Three, a new threat has emerged. Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, have unearthed a plague more dangerous than even they understand. Corrupted enemies bear down on the walls of the Last City. Lord Saladin has called upon us to embark on the next step of our journey and to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords. We must retreat; we must regroup; we must rediscover the history of the Iron Lords and continue their legacy.

Eyes up, Guardians. Our work is just beginning.

Join the ranks of Pax Arcadia! Our clan is on both systems!

oys3p1lw64ty.png

We've assembled a Bungie.net group - and within that group, a PlayStation clan and an Xbox clan - so that PA G&Ters can play together. We're Pax Arcadia, and we're currently making our way through endgame content and crushing the Crucible in six-man fireteams on a nightly basis!

Edit (May 1, 2017): We presently have room in the PA clan on Xbox One, but we're full up at the 100-person cap on the PS4 side for both PA and PA2. That being said, we're typically cycling people out for inactivity lasting over six months and spots tend to open up frequently! Follow the instructions below!

To join:
1. Send @GMaster7 (on the PS side) or @ObiFett (on the Xbox side) - or preferably, both - a PM, letting us know that you're joining the group(s) and applying to the clan.
2. Join the Bungie.net group for Pax Arcadia (right here, at this link). If necessary, you can hit up the group for Pax Arcadia II (right here), either instead or in addition, and join that, too. You don't need admin approval to join the groups.
3. Once you're in one or both Bungie.net groups, click "Set as PlayStation Clan" in the banner if you're on PS3/PS4 or "Set as Xbox Clan" in Pax Arcadia's banner if you're on 360/XB1 to officially request admission to that group's respective clan (either PA or PA2). If you're on PSN, you'll probably need to apply to PA2, the overflow clan. If you're on Xbox, you can apply to PA and don't need to mess with PA2.
4. Add yourself to the Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster that we've created to keep track of membership. Use the tabs at the bottom to select your console, and put yourself at the bottom of your tab's list. We'll bump you up to your proper alphabetical placement.
5. If you've sent us a PM and added yourself to the Mega-Roster, we'll accept you as soon as we can.
6. Friend some PAers, hop online, and take to the skies in the name of Pax Arcadia!

Find teammates with The100.io!

If you're looking for teammates for any activity, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox One: https://www.the100.io/groups/1397
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox 360: https://www.the100.io/groups/1398
•Pax Arcadia - PS4: https://www.the100.io/groups/1226

Useful Links and Utilities

Destiny Item Manager: Use this Chrome extension to move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory! Has more functionality than Bungie.net and is super useful: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna?hl=en

Track your stats - everything you might ever want to know - here, plus leaderboards, activity listings, vendors: http://www.destinytracker.com

SIVA Cluster Tracker: http://destinysivaclusters.com

Dead Ghost Tracker: http://destinydeadghosts.com

Calcified Fragment Tracker: http://destinycalcifiedfragments.com

DestinyDB - item lists and tons of info: http://www.destinydb.com

Destiny Public Events - event timers and maps: http://www.destinypublicevents.com

pliaxa7cbdom.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Stealing from reddit:
    1. Office Twitch Stream with
      • Artist Ian Macintosh
      • Senior Designer Josh Hammrick
      • DeeJ
    2. DestinyReddit LIVE! simulcast with
      • Executive Banhammer /u/MisterWoodhouse
      • Principal Birthday Boy /u/NorseFenrir
    3. Teaser Video previewed on March 20, 2017

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The VoG sets look AMAZING.

I NEED THEM RIGHT NOW

edited March 2017
    Raid Challenge mode ornament tokens work on all new raid armor sets!

ObiFett on
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    "Masterraider" :rotate:

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    Elemental Primaries are now Exotic including Fatebringer (Adept)

vq2TEKC.png
    So, elemental primaries are back, but they are now all exotics.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    People that camp in PvP should die cold and alone.
    Just to continue this thread, this is not really a player problem, this is a design problem. PvP mode design should not promote this kind of conservative behavior. Elimination/skirmish/clash modes, with their lack of external objectives, favor this gameplay and reward you for it. You can blame players for taking advantage of the most successful strategy, but really the fault here lies with the lazy developers who promote these modes. Even counterstrike, a game I'm not a fan of, is smart enough to provide an alternative victory objective (the bomb). Special/heavy ammo crates are supposed to provide this incentive, but when sitting in spawns charging supers, but the lost-special-ammo-on-death just promotes camping (and not dying) even more for those not using side-arms. Often they just make it even worse because a team will simply set up shop around a key ammo area.

The solution is to simply not play those game modes that support it. My favorite modes are control and supremacy because they force you to contest an outside objective to succeed. If you sit there in a long hallway with a sniper in supremacy you're going to get kills, sure, but you're not going to get any points. Forcing players to to something beyond simply successfully killing another player encourages varied gameplay, which is just more fun. I fucking hate sitting around waiting for someone to walk into my line of site. I don't give a shit if my team loses, I will run and find someone to fight with because I don't want to spend 10 minutes crouched in a hallway or a corner hoping someone will come at me for some points. I want to have a fun battle!

edited March 2017
    Crota End gear not as cool. Too spikey. Especially Titan. Still want.

NVM the Crota's End GEAR ANIMATES BASED ON DAMAGE TAKEN

so freaking cool

ObiFett on
    HOLY SHIT the Crota armor with ornament reacts to being damaged :biggrin:

vq2TEKC.png
    edited March 2017
    New CE doesn't drop Black Hammer, it drops Spindle

EDIT: And Necrochasm now triggers Cursed Thrall explosions on ANY kill. And ARs got buffed.

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    Nechrocasm buff, it now explodes anything it kills. Doesn't need precision kills.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Another hand cannon nerf.

King's Fall gear looks very similar to the old set. Also has animated animations based on damage!

Titan still has stripe-y arms. <_<

Hunter has a fuckin' mohawk! =D

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
    edited March 2017
    Kings Fall raid armor is kind of low key compared to the other two. Also has damage based effects.

New raid set fashion rankings:

1) Vault of Glass
    2) Crota's End
    3) King's Fall

But they all look dope

ObiFett on
    Elemental primaries added to Kings Fall and WotM

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    There's too much telling in this thread and not enough showing.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    uhhh

new WotM armor too?!

OK YEAH NEW WOTM ARMOR IS THE BEST

Check the reddit live thread! They've been posting screenshots.

https://www.reddit.com/live/ymzi4pmze8ug

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
    Erevar wrote: »

Check the reddit live thread! They've been posting screenshots.

https://www.reddit.com/live/ymzi4pmze8ug

But that's your job! :(

screenshots arent gonna do the new armor justice. Its all so animated and glowing.

Lord of Wolves ornament is a SIVA version

vq2TEKC.png
    ObiFett wrote: »
    screenshots arent gonna do the new armor justice. Its all so animated and glowing.

The hunter's grossly asymmetric leg armors make me sad. why would they give you just one robot leg? Or one... spiky whatever? :\

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    man there is nothing like new/reworked content to drag me back into Destiny. been watching the liestreams and it seems like they've put together a thoroughly decent send off to the game in the lead up to Destiny 2. it's gonna be so weird as the focus shifts to the next game over the coming months.

Two new Suros Regime ornaments. Neither are the original design.

NLB ornament is digital camo @Local H Jay

vq2TEKC.png
    Sidearms in PvP now lose all reserve ammo on spawn. Special boxes now fill the magazine instead of requiring reloading.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    NLB ornament is digital camo @Local H Jay

Sucks they're adding flinch, hoped they would finally buff The Master perk to be useful to soften the blow but nada

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    They didn't mention whether King's Fall weapons would have set perks, or continue to be random. Which probably means they're staying as-is. Which probably means I'll continue to not use most of them.

Arteen wrote: »
    Sidearms in PvP now lose all reserve ammo on spawn. Special boxes now fill the magazine instead of requiring reloading.

Truly a case of majestic equality, in that sidearms are still the only secondary with 0 possibility of a OHK... yay.

awsimo wrote: »
    They didn't mention whether King's Fall weapons would have set perks, or continue to be random. Which probably means they're staying as-is. Which probably means I'll continue to not use most of them.

I'm curious how that will work with the exotics, since exotic weapons have set rolls.

edited March 2017
    No comments on Field Scout. RIP

Pulled from the reddit live thread, imgur links:

VoG Armor Sets concept art

Crota's End Armor Sets concept art

King's Fall Armor Sets concept art

WotM Warlock Armor (w/ornaments)

WotM Hunter and Titan Armor (w/ornaments)

Age of Triumph Armor Sets concept art (from the 3x weekly boxes) (Edit: These sets will take Chroma)

Edit 2: A redditor made an imgur gallery showing concept art + in-game shots along with some notes.
    http://imgur.com/a/k68Tq

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    awsimo wrote: »

I'm curious how that will work with the exotics, since exotic weapons have set rolls.

They kept calling the Exotic versions "adept" so it's probably like the Trials versions with an exotic set roll and then the legendary versions can have varied perks?

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Are they going to increase the Vault space? Because I already have no room and it sounds like I want all this new stuff, so... :(

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    There's pretty much no reason to hold onto Y1 raid gear at all anymore and if you're hoarding it you is silly

There's pretty much no reason to hold onto Y1 raid gear at all anymore and if you're hoarding it you is silly

Says the guy with 10 xbox one controllers! >_>

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    Are they going to increase the Vault space? Because I already have no room and it sounds like I want all this new stuff, so... :(

Yeah....I'm in the same boat. I think I'm just gonna have to delete Y1 gear as I get the Y3 versions.

Btw, I'm already preparing my gear checklist in Excel. :D

edited March 2017

Says the guy with 10 xbox one controllers! >_>

*I dive into my vault of controllers, shoes and flatbill hats and cackle McDuckly*

Local H Jay on
    Didn't they say in one of the streams that they'd be bringing Sidearms to the raids that didn't have them?

...Or am I thinking of ghosts and sparrows?

This discussion has been closed.