As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The old [Giant Bomb] thread!

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    20 minutes into the Mass Effect QL and they still haven't talked at all about the framerate

I thought I was experiencing poor internet connection or something but noooope

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yeah it really looked like it was chugging bad in some spots

Lots of pop in too

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Same thing happened in PC. Sadly, it really is a poorly optimized game. It never got this bad with Dragon Age: Inquisition. I feel like a Stockholm Syndrome victim. Despite all this flaws, I'm going all in.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    I'm glad I'm not a big Mass Effect fan because I'd probably be in a bad way right now.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I don't know, I have a GTX980 (basically nowadays a hair's breadth more powerful than the standard graphics card for gaming) and at the settings I had I didn't really have any issues with frames (though pop-in I think is basically par for the course)

I'm coming out of the trial slightly disappointed by the dip in standards but that standard for me is coming from the context of Mass Effect 3, a game altogether stupendous in quality formed by 7 years worth of mechanical refinement. It's partly high expectations and partly legitimate problems in Andromeda's quality

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Just played the first 2 hours on my GTX970 and pretty old i7-2600k
    game ran totally solid for me and I had a blast with the opening stuff

I dunno, feels like Mass Effect? I don't get why people are mad

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I played the first mission and I can see where all the criticism comes from.
    The internet is vulnerable to hyperbole of course, but compared to the last 2 years of AAA games, the faces themselves and their animations are definitely subpar.
    Which then, in me at least, creates a critical look effect, where instead of paying attention to the story I'm looking for other goofy shit. Which probably exists in every game, but once you're thinking about it, it becomes quite noticable.
    For instance, I have started a conversation from just the wrong angle, which caused me to float up on a bench, and have both my conversation partners be out of frame below me during the entire conversation.
    And the run animation still being really whack.

https://my.mixtape.moe/yugchn.mp4 is really interesting. They definitely decided to switch face models between april 2016 and release, to something a bit less realistic/more cartoony. Which would explain why the rigging may be bad, and the options in the character creator so limited.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    @Hardtarget I have an i5 and I think it's bottlenecking my PC. I do have to say that after installing NVIDIA's day 1 driver I have 60 fps on high.

Also...yeah, feels like a ME game to me? Maybe I have low standards or something but I'm having fun.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I think people are more disappointed by ME:A than it actually being terrible. It's been 5 years since ME3, and I think a lot of people were expecting something "new" and ME:A seems like more of a sidestep with some jank to it.

I played roughly two hours so far and I've been fine with it, but it also isn't exactly grabbing me either.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    The lighting alone in the leaked video is so alarmingly better, the final build looks like the two characters were shot somewhere else and green screened in they're so much more lit than the scene.

I dunno, it just seems like a game that they rushed out the door before it was ready to make the fiscal.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    So got my new t-shirt for gaming marathons. Think it's fitting.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

It has been worth the wait.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    As a librarian, I feel obligated to urge people to check their local libraries to see if they carry the series on DVD. My current one has a lot of the movies available.

But is the shame of walking out of the library with the entire F&F collection more or less than the shame of leaving a mini-mart with an armful of Old English?

steam_sig.png
    If that Call of Duty leak over at Neogaf is true, I'm going to end up getting a COD game for the first time since MW2.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    If that Call of Duty leak over at Neogaf is true, I'm going to end up getting a COD game for the first time since MW2.

Do share.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

Do share.
    Sounds like they're going back to WWII.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch

Do share.
    Just called Call of Duty: WWII. Made by Sledgehammer.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Do share.
    If Activision is going to continue to drop a CoD game every year, I think rotating between Historic, Modern and Future settings would be a good idea.

I would extra love it if they went super nuts and it were third person.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Do share.
    If Activision is going to continue to drop a CoD game every year, I think rotating between Historic, Modern and Future settings would be a good idea.
    Remember when we were all tired of WWII? And we were begging for shooters to go to modern day or scifi?

And how Modern Warfare was awesome? And, while the plotlines got silly, Black Ops, Advanced Warfare, and Infinite Warfare were all actually really good?

I don't know that I want to go back to WWII.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Do share.
    Remember when we were all tired of WWII? And we were begging for shooters to go to modern day or scifi?

And how Modern Warfare was awesome? And, while the plotlines got silly, Black Ops, Advanced Warfare, and Infinite Warfare were all actually really good?

I don't know that I want to go back to WWII.
    I never wanted to leave WWII and specifically dislike modern combat. So I'm super stoked.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

There was supposed to be a COD one of those a few years back. Not sure what ever happened to that.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

There was supposed to be a COD one of those a few years back. Not sure what ever happened to that.

It got canned. That was what Sledgehammer was working on before they got put on Ghosts, it was gonna be a third-person Vietnam War CoD game.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    If you have not listened yet everyone should hear this week's Film and 40s.

It was great!

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    @WeedLordVegeta I'm watching the Furious Five Film & Forties right now and Austin just dropped a WeedLordVegeta reference. Do you guys know each other? If so I've never been more proud of my incredibly insignifcant contribution to online culture than I am right now.

WeedLordVegeta runs, or helps run, the FatT wiki/forums or whatever, I think.

So yes, they know each other.

steam_sig.png

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Austin bullies me on Twitter and I in turn make viscerally awful shitposts about his show

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Good enough for me!

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I'm getting my hands on the films for their commentary. If I havent seen or remember 1-4, would I be ok to just have the commentary over the movie without knowing whats going on? I want to actually give the movies their due, I just dont feel like I have the time or patience to sit through the first 4 movies twice.

steam_sig.png
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I'm getting my hands on the films for their commentary. If I havent seen or remember 1-4, would I be ok to just have the commentary over the movie without knowing whats going on? I want to actually give the movies their due, I just dont feel like I have the time or patience to sit through the first 4 movies twice.

I've done exactly that with every move save the first and I've probably enjoyed watching them more with the commentary than I would have without. In fact, I probably wouldn't have sat through all of Tokyo Drift had it not been for the commentary.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular

Yeah, you don't need to watch them twice. Just put the movie sound to half strength and put on subtitles then listen to the commentary.

The plots aren't that confusing, unless you're Dan

steam_sig.png

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Didn't they do some Splatoon 2 beta stream a few days ago or did I hallucinate that being in the schedule at one point?

Can't see any vods about it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Didn't they do some Splatoon 2 beta stream a few days ago or did I hallucinate that being in the schedule at one point?

It's only on the Youtube channel right now for some reason.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »

It's only on the Youtube channel right now for some reason.

Aha!!

Thank you!

PSN: Honkalot
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Austin bullies me on Twitter and I in turn make viscerally awful shitposts about his show
    And here I thought Austin's use of WeedLordVegeta was the internet's version of John, the most common of names.

jCyyTSo.png
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    And here I thought Austin's use of WeedLordVegeta was the internet's version of John, the most common of names.

That would be WeedLordBonerHitler, of the Vermont BonerHitlers.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Hahaha Dan's impression of Alex is hilarious.

PikaPuff wrote: »

That's SmokeHoleNaruto.

steam_sig.png

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    There is a Persona 5 QL up on the Coming Soon for March 29th. This is not a drill. Media embargoes probably loosen up then so if you trying to stay in the dark be careful!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
This discussion has been closed.