As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

TRI-COUNTY WRESTLING: The Road to Fight At The Fair 2017

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    And for folks to answer a few more questions.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    We need a blatant sponsorship owned gimmick:

https://youtu.be/u8J3V6wchSE

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I have a few question suggestions, actually, if that's okay with folks:

Kosta Tolos
    Who trained with me in the dojo?
    I feel like it makes a whole lot of sense for Joe Destiny to have trained with Kosta Tolos--they're of a similar age, and both from the area.
    This could actually also spin off into either of Kosta's other questions as well, if you wanted to go down that route.

Carter Francis Bequest
    Who thinks my in-ring talent is being wasted in this role?
    It's gotta be Dr. Skull, right? If they planned this work shoot thing to get CFB over as a legit worker, there had to be a reason.

Joe Destiny
    Who feels most threatened by what I bring to the roster?
    As the resident babyface, I imagine Brian Eagleheart isn't thrilled that Joe rolled back into town with a big indy reputation.

Not official answers until people approve them, but I think those are interesting possibilities.

Also, @Blankzilla you still interested or nah? No worries if not, but there are a few questions left you could grab if so.

I am OK with being miffed with Joe's return to TCW.

Sure, Mort can see Carter putting the work in, and just be baffled why he's ok being the funny guy on the undercard.

Hail Hydra
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I made a little cheat sheet with everyone's basic info on it, so I can try to better keep track of who is playing who, what they look like, etc. I'm missing a few people's finishers. I don't see one listed for @Grunt's Ghosts or @Matev but I might have just missed it. I'll attach the sheet to this post. Edit: Or not, can't attach that type of file...I'll just copy and paste right here I guess:
    Player Characters
    Ken O as El Corrido, The Luchador
    Grunt's Ghosts as Boris "The Soviet Bear" Melovic, The Foreigner
    Matev as Dr. Skull, The Monster
    Dyvim Tvar as "The Shoreditch Serpent" Carter Francis Bequest, The Clown
    Nirya as "The Golden Greek" Kosta Tolos, The Ace
    Reynolds as "The Head Turner" Hedley "Hed" Turner, The Time Bomb
    Crippl3 as "The Conquering Hero" Joe Destiny, The Indie Darling
    MagicPrime as Brian Eaglehart, The Technician
    Blankzilla as ???, The High-Flyer

Non-Player Wrestlers (NPWs)
    Tex Scrapple, Promoter and Authority Figure
    Chip Wallenbocker, Lead Commentator and The Voice of TCW

El Corrido
    Gimmick: Luchador
    Hailing from: Guadalajara, Mexico
    Entrance Music: A mariachi cover of Rancid's Corazon de Oro recorded by El Corrido.
    Look: When El Corrido first appears he wears traditional a mariachi hat, jacket, and pants. Under the hat is a black half mask (like the Matadores). Once in the ring he removes the jacket, revealing a bare chest. Despite looking authentic, his mariachi pants are tear away; which he pulls off while gyrating his hips in the center of the ring. Beneath the tear away pants are black tights with printing down the legs to match the elaborate silver designs of his mariachi pants.
    Finisher: Crescendo. A springboard moonsault double knee drop.
    Role: Tecnico

Boris "The Soviet Bear" Melovic
    Gimmick: The Foreigner
    Hailing from: Behind the Iron Curtain!
    Entrance: Russian National Anthem
    Look: Big, Strong, Bearded, and Bald. His outfit is a red singlet with a giant white hammer and sickle across the right side of the outfit.
    Finisher: ???
    Role: Heel

Dr. Skull
    Gimmick: The Monster
    Look: Lab coat, scrubs, prop stethoscope, and a bad halloween skeleton mask.
    Hails From: Hell, Michigan
    Entrance: Some Recording of Tazz' theme
    Finisher: ???

"The Shoreditch Serpent" Carter Francis Bequest
    Gimmick: The Clown
    Look: Frequently paints his face with whorls of purple and red to match the patterns on his black wrestling tights. Wears red and purple scale patterned wrestling boots and matching elbow pads.
    Has just the dumbest hair. Like the love child of CC Deville, Russel Brand and Stig of the Dump.
    Hails From: A perfectly innocent bakery that's totally not a front for an evil snake-wroshipping cult hell bent on destroying the world.
    Entrance: Snakes on a Plane by Cobra Starship
    Finisher: Cobra Clutch (duh)

Name: "The Golden Greek", Kosta Tolos
    Gimmick: The Ace
    Non-match look: Simple fitted suit, no tie, with top couple button on dress shirt unbuttoned.
    Wrestling look: Ring attire are gold wrestling trunks with gold knee ad elbow pads and some shitty little golden boots. Entrance attire for matches includes a golden short-sleeved sweater with a zippe front and hood, a baseball hat with an unbent bill, and stunner shades (multiple colors). The hat and hood are both worn at the same time for maximum asshole.
    Hails From: Newport Beach, California
    Entrance: Chiddy Bang, "Opposite of Adults"
    Finisher: The Moneymaker (Lifting Facelock into a Codebreaker)

"The Head Turner" Hedley "Hed" Turner
    Gimmick: The Time Bomb
    Look: Old, out of shape, purple trunks/pads, two knee braces, dyed blonde thinning hair, noticeably darker creepy mustache
    Hails From: Raleigh, North Carolina
    Entrance: Holst, The Planets, Jupiter
    Finisher: The Head Turner (Cravate)
    Role: Babyface

"The Conquering Hero" Joe Destiny
    Gimmick: The Indie Darling
    Look: Surprisingly pale skin, for a guy that used to do a lot of outdoor shows for promotions around the country. Short dark blond hair, a Daniel Bryan-style beard of the same color. Gold trunks, black zip-up boots with gold zippers that say "DESTINY" in white on each side.
    Hails From: Right Here In (local town name)
    Entrance: Comes out to the ramp in ring gear carrying a black banner behind him like a cape reading "THE CONQUERING HERO" in white, to the tune of a kinda crappy cover of "The Boys Are Back In Town" his friends did (gotta avoid paying those royalties somehow)
    Finishing Move: Piece Of Resistance (Jumping Small Package Driver)

Brian Eaglehart
    Gimmick: The Technician
    Look: Blonde Curly Mullet - Works with a 'Fighter Pilot' motif. Enters the ring in a Bomber Jacket with "EAGLEHART" embroidered on the back with a 'Screamin' Eagle' below and Aviator Sunglasses. No shirt, Taped Wrists, Red Knee Length Trunks with his name up the sides, mid-length brown boots. Diving Eagle silouette tattooed to his right shoulder.
    Hails From: Bullhead City, Arizona
    Entrance: Loud & Overblown
    Theme: Stratovarius - Eagleheart
    Finisher: "Where Eagles Dare" (Submission Hold - Modified Figure-4 with Back Arch)

I don't want to take too many questions for myself, but if we're sticking with the 'tired and grumpy old man' gimmick, then these are all good fits:
    Kosta Tolos
    Who’s just biding their time until my inevitable fall?

Joe Destiny
    Who feels most threatened by what I bring to the roster?

Brian Eagleheart
    Who’s jealous of my skills?

Those all might better fit someone else, but I can take them if nobody else is going to.

As far as Hed is concerned...
    Hedley Turner
    Who wants to retire me?

I would think that @Nirya makes the most sense? It should be one of the heels, and a flashy younger guy would make sense retiring the veteran past his prime. Even if he already said he thinks there's still a place for Hed, that place might just be losing to Kosta and becoming a manager/trainer.

Of course, all of these might change if @Blankzilla is still joining us. Although things seem rather full now.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    It was on my original sheet, I forgot to port it over. Dr. Skull's finisher is the Breathstealer, a Big Back Body Drop which then transitions into an elbow drop as his opponent lands on the mat.

Hail Hydra
    edited March 2017
    You're an angel, @Reynolds

And yeah, I say fill in those questions, take as many or as few as interest you!

EDIT: And my suggestions on the last three questions

Kosta Tolos
    Who do I have amazing chemistry with in the ring?
    Every heel needs a babyface, and Brian Eagleheart is as babyfaced as they come.

El Corrido
    Who thinks I don’t deserve my mask (or overall look)?
    Kosta Tolos had to put in a ton of work to get where he is; he probably thinks the mask, with the instant pop it provides, is a cheap shortcut.

Who knows more about my “homeland” than I do?
    I don't know why, but the image of Joe Destiny doing a tour in Russia makes me laugh.

Dex Dynamo on
    PWInsider reported that there have been talks within Tri-County Wrestling about planning some sort of special event to kick off their new season. According to the report, promoter Tex Scrapple is looking to make TCW a larger regional promotion, and thinks a televised Regal Wrangle would be good for publicity and worker morale.

Scrapple is reportedly also eager to find new storyline possibilities after the supposed loss of several workers to WWE. Though there is debate as to whether that claim is accurate, or just a way to cover up the company's inability to afford "The Nature Man" Dick Flair's rising appearance fees.

A dirty old cassette tape slides into a vintage VCR.

A brief flash of tracking bars gives way to a cheap flashing of stars, while a dated piece of techno music plays...

From out of space, a familiar logo slides into view, as the dulcet tones of Chip Wallenbocker come in over the music.

COMING TO YOU LIVE FROM THE RUNNELS COUNTY ATHLETICOLLISEUM AT THE WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON MIDDLE SCHOOL GYMNASIUM, IT'S TRI-COUNTY WRESTLING!

The logo fades to reveal a raucous crowd cheering for their favorite promotion. A sweaty man in a tweed suit sits at a particle board table behind a closed-circuit TV. Next to him, an overweight man in a leather biker jacket with a handlebar mustache and sunglasses reclines.

I'm Chip Wallenbocker, your lead commentator. Joining me as always is my commentary partner, Raucous Randy Rammstein! Randy, are you ready for a show?

Hellllllll yeah, Chip, and tonight is gonna be a fightin' one!

That's right, Randy, because TONIGHT, at the behest of our commissioner and promoter, the honorable MR. TEX SCRAPPLE, tonight we will see the the crowning of a NEW TCW champion, in our first ever REGAL WRANGLE!

'At's right Chip, 'cause he's A DAMN YELLOW-BELLIED COWARD, “Nature Man” Dick Flair decided to take a contract UP THERE IN NEW YORK CITY, forcing Mr. Scrapple to vacate the TCW belt.

Strong words but true words, Mr. Rammstein, which brings us here. 30 wrestlers, one ring, everything on the line. But who will walk away with the TCW title? Our production team caught up with some of our wrestlers to find out their opinions.
    Alright, wrestlers, here's your chance to shine! We're going to start things off with some Promos in which your wrestlers state in no uncertain terms why they'll win the TCW championship. What I'd like each of you to do is write out your promo, then roll 2d6+Look to determine the crowd response—I'll tell you what happens then.

In addition, in a spoiler, there's a few more things I'd like from you: the names and gimmicks of three TCW wrestlers outside of the ones you're playing, so we can fill out the TCW and Regal Wrangle rosters; and one notable thing that happened to you on last week's episode. One restriction on the latter: You can't win a title, but you can do whatever else you like—start a feud, end a feud, a big move, a memorable spot, a backstage encounter, or anything else you can think of.

@Nirya @Reynolds @Dyvim Tvar @Matev @Ken O @Grunt's Ghosts @MagicPrime @Crippl3

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    As the camera pans over, it catches sight of two figures. One is that of a large man, bald on top but with a massive unkempt beard, wearing an iconic red singlet with a giant white hammer and sickle on the side. The other figure is a smaller man, in a cheap brown business suit that looks to come straight from the 80s. The larger man, Boris, starts speaking in Russian at the camera and after a few seconds, the smaller man starts speaking.

"He's Boris "The Soviet Bear" and I'm his manager, Peter Sokolov. He says that the title is a good as his because he is the Pride of Mother Russia."

Boris does a gesture of breaking or bending something with his hands while continuing to rant in his homeland language.

"Boris says that his will, like those of his people, is strong and he will not break like the rest."

Boris flexes his arms over his head and speaks more Russian.

"As the Might of the Motherland, Boris is unbeatable. And he'll prove it tonight."
    One thing I didn't add but needed to with being a Heel is that Boris has a manager, with is where Peter Sokolov comes in. Boris doesn't speak English except a few words now and thing, as part of kayfabe, but in reality he can speak English perfectly fine. Also, his finisher is "The Sickle and Hammer", a one handed choke slam/shoulder throw to the ground followed up by the big guy dropping to his knees on top of the wrestler.

Geth roll 2d6-1 for Cutting a Promo

Other Wrestlers:
    Amora Cruz- The High Flyer
    Amora Cruz is the kayfabe step-sister to El Corrido, although they aren't related at all. Amora is an LA girl doing small gigs to try to get her big break. She wears a Blue and White Angel mask, earning her the nickname "High Flying Angel".

Mortty Sims- The Golden Boy
    A local favorite, Mortty comes from The William Henry Harrison High School, and at 18, is one of the youngest wrestlers in the league. He's green as can be, but his mamma loves him, as she is seen at every match.

Laci Lee- The Anti-Hero
    The "Anarchist" wrestler, she once tried to put together a "Bad Girls Club" but the storyline didn't work out and was cut away. Despite this, she still tries to get girls join her even if the ratings don't like it, but no one seems to be biting at the chance.

On Last Episode: Boris fought a two vs. one match against (Insert NPC wrestler names here) and would have won had the ref hadn't been "knocked out", allowing (NPC) to use a chair on Boris and causing him to lose the match. Backstage, Boris was upset that management would allow him to be humiliated in such a way when in reality he could have beaten those two without breaking a sweat.

Cutting a Promo:
    2d6-1 10 [2d6=5, 6]

edited March 2017
    The crowd rains down boos onto Melovic and Sokolov, eventually erupting in a U-S-A chant. A few pieces of trash are thrown into the ring.
    On a 10+, gain 1 Momentum, and choose one of the following: Add a stipulation to the Regal Wrangle (is it a No-DQ match? Can you also win by pinfall or submission? Insert third option here?); gain an additional +1 Momentum; or gain +1 Heat with a wrestler of your choice at the start of the match.

Oh, and I should add, the NPWs don't have to be tied to existing Gimmicks at all (though I love that those are!), these are just whatever characters you want to see added into the company.

As for the two wrestlers who beat you, that was THUNDER AND LIGHTING--a Joshi tag team brought in from Japan. Except Tex didn't realize he recruited from a Women's Deathmatch promotion, so they're garbage wrestlers, hence the chair.

Dex Dynamo on
    What kind of match is the Regal Wrangle?

A Royal Rumble. Though you could make it Aztec Warfare or a Hardcore Rumble with your promo.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    PS, gonna put in the extra wrestlers and previous thing up here first, since they MAY OR MAY NOT BE IMPORTANT TO THE PROMO!
    The Burly Brothers, Dan and Stan Burly - The Hardcore
    Dan and Stan aren't the best wrestlers in the world; in fact, calling them wrestlers might be a bit of disservice to the craft of wrestling. What they do have is a look (WE'RE VERY STRONG) and a high tolerance for pain, which has led them to make a name for themselves as bare-knuckle brawlers who are willing to take a ridiculous bump to pop the crowd. Though the brothers looks very similar in appearance, they do have some differing personalities - Dan never saw a beer he didn't like and prefers books with lots of pictures, while Stan prefers a nice glass of wine and a Dan Brown novel (someone told him they were sophisticated once and he never bothered to challenge that notion).

Tommy Terrific - The Jobber
    Tommy never dreamed of being a wrestler - he only got in the business as a favor to family friend Tex Scrapple. To that end, he's never sought any pronounced role in the company, instead willing to put over whoever and whatever (he's lost a match to a mop before, but to be fair Perry Saturn got one hell of a deal with TCW). Tommy does get something out of this, though - his pizzeria, Tommy's Place, gets a solid bit of advertising whenever Tommy wrestles.

On the last episode: Kosta Tolos and "Nature Man" Dick Flair were actually embroiled in a bit of a storyline. Tolos wanted to prove that he, not Flair, was the best in the company, though in keeping with how both men are a characters, has resulted in a series of childish one-upsmanship. This has included a pose-off, a pop-a-shot basketball contest (in which Tolos was disqualified when it was discovered he rigged the basketballs), and, in the most recent episode, both men competed to see who could beat Tommy Terrific the fastest (in which Flair was disqualified for hitting Terrific with a low-blow right as the bell rung, unlike Tolos who hit Terrific with a low blow right before the bell rang). This was eventually leading to a match between the two that, unfortunately, looks like it will never take place.

*The camera catches Kosta Tolos as he arrives to the building. The Uber driver who drops him off gives him a 5-star rating, which he shows to Tolos, but he laughs in the drivers face and gives him a 1-star. Tolos is then informed about Regal Wrangle.*

First of all, I want to congratulate Dick Flair for doing the second-smartest thing in TCW history. The first, obviously, was Tex Scrapple deciding to hire me, but Flair made a smart decision by leaving TCW before getting embarrassed by yours truly. So congrats, Dick, and enjoy being as far away from me as possible.

Now, as for this "Regal Wrangle" or whatever dumb name Tex wants to give this boondoggle, can we talk about how unfair it is that I have to even compete in this? Did you see how quickly I beat Tommy Terrific last week? It was so quick! I might have set a record or something! And Tex, who saw that in person because I made him sit ringside for all of my matches as part of the most-lucrative contract in TCW history, decided that, instead of rewarding me with a bye to face the winner of this stupid match, I have to actually compete in this. The way I see it, this is just poor business to make your meal ticket, the hottest act in the company, a true A-lister, have to compete another time for the title.

So, while I will compete in the "Regal Wrangle", I'm going to give Tex Scrapple an opportunity to right this wrong. I will come out behind that curtain tonight when my music hits, and when I do, I better see Tex standing in the middle of the ring, with every other TCW wrestler standing at ringside, as Tex hands me the TCW belt that should rightfully be mine.

And if not? There'll be hell to pay.
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Cutting a Promo

Cutting a Promo:
    2d6+1 8 [2d6=3, 4]

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    edited March 2017
    We fade in on the TCW logo, before the camera slides down to reveal "The Head Turner" Hedley "Hed" Turner standing next to an interviewer. While Mr. Turner is wearing one of his signature large, fluffy fur coats over his usual tights, the shorter man interviewing him is dressed in a slightly more reserved manner, his dark tailored suit complimented by dazzling cufflinks and a stylish purple bow tie. He's wearing large, thick glasses, sporting unfortunately thinning hair and wielding a long, skinny microphone that he skillfully tips between himself and his subject. He is "The American Scheme" Dean Underlund.

"Ladies and gentleman, Dean Underlund here with my guest at this time, Hed Turner. Mr. Turner, what are your thoughts on this Regal Wrangle that Mr. Scrapple has concocted for you and your fellow competitors here in TCW?"

"Let me tell you something Scheme, I've competed in every kind of match you can think of, and won most've 'em. The Loyal Lumberjack match? You were there, you saw me pitch "Fat Stacks" Callahan, all 900 pounds of him, out of the ring and onto a whole mess of lumberjacks. I made it to the final round of the Global Nobleweight Series. They flew in talent from all over the world...Florida, California....Minnesota...uh, Mexico...New Mexico..." While he had begun rather animatedly, Hed seemed to have lost his train of thought during his list. Dean had been nodding along, before taking a moment to prompt him to continue.

"But this time you'll be up against 29 other individuals, all fighting for the most prestigious prize in TCW, the World Title itself."

"I don't care how many people you put in that ring with me tonight. If there's 29 in there, there's gonna be 29 thrown back out. I did it to, uh, had to be be a dozen of 'em in the ol' Ring of the King thing we had a few years back. You remember that, Dean Scheme?" "Don't call me that." "It was the Ring of the King, and I was the king of th- I was the king, that's right, and this is still my ring, and it's gonna happen again. All the heads are gonna turn, when the Head Turner himself beats 29 other competitors and becomes the eleven time TCW World Champion. Woohyeeaaah baybee!"

With his signature catcall, Hed struts past Dean and off screen, leaving the interviewer to look into the camera and throw things on to the next segment.

"The American Scheme" Dean Underlund - The Interviewer
    Very briefly the manager of the "Millionaire-ican", a confusing millionaire/real American gimmick that none of the fans could figure out if they were supposed to cheer or boo. Brought in to try to better explain the motivations of his less verbose client, Dean tried his best, but the whole thing was unsalvageable. After joining commentary for one of the Millionaire-ican's matches, he thankfully managed to transition to a role as substitute commentator and backstage interviewer. Unfortunately, the nickname followed as well.

Nikki Nightmare - The Hardcore
    Likes: Anarchy, Black Lipstick, Fishnet, Hot Topic, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Harley Quinn, Cosplaying (As Harley Quinn), Mortal Kombat, Death Note (Subs Only)
    Dislikes: The Man, Rules, DQs, Refs, Airport Scanners, The High Price Of Kendo Sticks, The Marvel Cinematic Universe, American Idol, Dubs

Competidor Local - The Jobber
    Un joven, nacido y criado en el área de Tri-County, que se esfuerza por alcanzar las mismas alturas que los increíbles mascarados westlers que él idolatra. Defecto.

Previously, on Tri-County Wrestling
    "The Head Turner" Hedley "Hed" Turner called out "Nature Man" Dick Flair for wasting his time playing games with 'the new kid' instead of defending his championship like a man. Hed brought up how Dick had been ducking his contractually obligated monthly title defenses for three months now, and how everyone here knew he'd been seen with that girl from 'up north'. He dared Flair to put the title on the line against him next week, unless he would only wrestle real matches in New York City from now on, drawing boos from the riled up crowd. Of course, he knew Dick had left the arena immediately after his segment with Kosta, and was probably on a plane by then...

Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Promo (Best There Was)

Promo (Best There Was):
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=2, 6]

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited March 2017
    I am amazed that we picked the same two archetypes and both called out Dick Flair on the last episode.

I'll edit the last episode thing with something else. But can we double up on the archetypes? We'll probably need to if we're getting up to 30.

Edit: And I'll take the +2 Momentum from my Promo success. Strangely the sheet skips from 2 to 4, but I have 3 right now...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited March 2017
    All right, let's add some flavor to the roster...

Ludwig Van Beathoven - The Veteran
    -The Composer of Crunch, Van Beathoven has been a solid mid-carder for the last 5-10 years. He's been Open Challenge Champion a few times, but has no problem passing it along to someone else. Outside of the ring, Ludwig is Gary Gerhart, a happy husband and father. His wife, Janey, is a CPA and also does the books for TCW. Their kids are 8 and 9, and thanks to a good] bad makeup job and wig, have no idea their father is a wrestler.

"Dank" Davey Scrapple - The Wasted
    -It's super easy to break into the wrestling biz when your dad runs the promotion. David's grown up in and around TCW and had a future as a gifted wrestler, possibly even able to leave the promotion for greener pastures. Unfortunately, the Green (among other fine narcotics) is exactly what "Dank Davey" likes, so he continues to work for TCW, making just enough to support his habit. He's booked tweener, and has a small/devoted following among the disaffected teens who watch TCW ironically.

Mister Mad - The Iconclast
    -Tony Wilks was the Man of Many Holds, a technical wrestler without peer. That was until he met Dr. Skull. The Surgeon of Slaughter disassembled poor Tony over the course of several shows, driving the technician mad. Dubbed Mister Mad, he captured the tag gold with Dr. Skull briefly before turning on him in a fit of madness and has since carved his own path through TCW, though hints of the old Wilks' style still show through on occasion. Anthony Waterson came into the promotion around the same time as Morton Wright and the two still work together on occasion. Anthony plays a bit at backstage politics to "keep his hand in the game" but hasn't pushed for anything serious since his last raise 2 years ago.

Previously on Tri-County Wrestling

Dank Davey was trying to chat up some of the girls backstage, bragging that he could be anyone in the ring, anytime. His inflated sense of ego earned him an appointment with Dr. Skull. Despite Davey no selling some of Dr. Skull's offense, Skull seemingly had the last laugh after putting the Sultan of Sticky through a table with a brutal Breathstealer.

Gonna go with Intimidating for this promo cause it's not in the ring.

Geth, roll 2d6+2

The screen ripples and crackles, as if the signal is being interfered with. The sounds of the Athleticollusseum become more muffled, with the sound of what sounds like a power drill becoming more prominent. Those familiar with William Henry Harrison Middle School's layout can tell the scene has changed to the gym teacher's office with dim lighting and what appears to be a painter's cloth backdrop, with red splatters staining it. Sitting at the desk, fingers steepled, is the hulking, heaving form of Dr. Skull. Someone can be heard shrieking down the hall, where the drill is coming from.

"Tri-County Wrestling, this is your reminder that smoking is bad for your health. Davey Scrapple found this out the hard way last week. Other hazards to your health tonight include barbed wire, steel chairs, tables, and getting between me and the Tri-County Wrestling World Championship at the Regal Wrangle. Dr. Skull recommends not entering tonight's match, as side effects could include broken bones." He pauses as another scream punctuates the statement, "torn muscles," Another scream, "dislocated joints," another scream, "ruptured organs, and" yet another scream interrupts the dread doctor. He squints briefly for a moment, "and of course my personal favorite, death. If you know what's good for you TCW fans, don't watch, because tonight, I'm going be operating on all your favorite wrestlers in the ring, and it won't be pretty." Skull's surgical mask twitches the corners. "In case you can't tell, I'm smiling, cause I'm going to destroy every-" The signal then cuts back to the TCW desk with Chip and Randy.

"Harsh, harrowing words, from Dr. Skull." Chip summarizes.

"Yah, he's a real sack of crap." Randy replies.

2d6+2 11 [2d6=3, 6]

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I am amazed that we picked the same two archetypes and both called out Dick Flair on the last episode.

I'll edit the last episode thing with something else. But can we double up on the archetypes? We'll probably need to if we're getting up to 30.
    I assume we'd have to, because there aren't 30 gimmicks in the book as-is.

As for the promo thing, I think it should be noted that Kosta is all bluster. He talks a big game, but is a total chicken-shit heel at heart. Which isn't to say he can't get the job done when needed to; what makes fans hate him the most is that he has shown talent but will constantly take the easy way out, which upsets the fans and their belief in hard work.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Tempting to get extra heat with the entire roster, but I also kinda wanna see what other stips we can throw onto this match to make it more ridiculous.

Hail Hydra
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hey, I'm sorry, I meant to get to this but I ran out of time tonight. I'll get to this in the afternoon when I can, sorry if I'm holding you guys up.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Promo incoming, but I wanted to add to the roster.

Samhain
    Jack Sullivan and Warlock - Shoot Fighters

Look: Dark and mysterious. Their clothing is a cross between local Ren Faire and Hot topic.
    Jack has brown hair and perpetual stubble. Warlock is a bald, black man and is slightly taller than Jack.

Jack Sullivan and the Warlock both entered TCW at different times and never seemed to click with the audience. Someone in the back decided to stick the Irishman (Jack) and the Britt (Warlock) together. This change rocketed them up to the midcard as Samhain. Jack didn't really have a persona before the partnership and Warlock was already doing the "dark mysterious" gimmick so the new tone wasn't much of a change.

Mr. Black - Hardcore
    Look: Mr. Black has close trimmed black hair. He stands at 6'6" and has a muscular build. He wrestles in a TCW referee shirt and pants.
    Jason Black worked for TCW for 6 months as a referee before jumping ranks to being a wrestler. The storyline worked out that he was a hot headed ref who resented being pushed around by the talent. During a particularly "dirty" fatal four-way Mr. Black had enough and lashed out at all four men. Behind the scenes Jason was in a contract with a smaller promotion that restricted him from wrestling in TCW for a few months, but this didn't stop him from appearing in TCW as staff. The long setup and his large stature has made quite an impact.

Ken O on
    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    The camera shot opens on the interior of a Locos, a local Tex-Mex bar and restaurant. The air is far smokier than normally allowed, the background is filled with low conversations and music. El Corrido is leaning against the bar, talking to a group of women. He takes a shot and the crowd cheers. As he places the empty glass next to a dozen of others like it; the camera closes in on him.

"I hear you. You say, 'El Corrido, the men in this Wrangle are so large and ugly and you are so handsome.'" There is devilish grin as El Corrido holds up one finger. "This is all very true. There are many large peoples in the Wrangle but they do not look like this," the point becomes a gesture to his face, "and they can not move like this." Corrido follows his words up with a hip grinding motion.

The camera closes in even closer on Corrido and one of the bar patrons. He turns to look at her, "I will win this Wrangle, for you and all my fans. Because you deserve it." There is another cheer at the bar and he looks back at the camera. "And I will win it for me, because I will make it look amazing."

Geth, roll 2d6+1

2d6+1 8 [2d6=2, 5]

Comics, Games, Booze
    Non-player wrestlers don't need Gimmicks like Player Wrestlers do--though I realize I used the word "gimmick" which is very confusing.

Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    A Royal Rumble. Though you could make it Aztec Warfare or a Hardcore Rumble with your promo.
    If Aztec Warfare is when they come in one at a time after 90 secs after the last guy, I think that would be interesting.

edited March 2017
    The LCD projector in the School Gym warms up, casting a washed out image on the white painted cinder-block gym walls below the scoreboard. A behind-the-scenes shot comes into view of Brian Eaglehart setting on the locker room bench wrapping his wrists. There is a slight rise in the volume of the crowd as the image comes into focus. Hanging from the wall prominently in the background is Brian's bomber jacket, the emblazoned eagle across the back, his chrome aviators setting beside him.

Another wrestler enters the scene, one of the youngest workers in TCW, Danny "Two Count" Mahooney. He's been making some appearances on the circuit and even got his first tag-team win last week in an exhibition teamed up with Eaglehart against the established Tag-Team Brother Duo known as the Cromagnum Men playing on a Cave-Man gimmick.

It's been all but mandated for Brian to take Danny 'under his wing' as-it-were. But Brian doesn't mind -- he see's a lot of himself in the kid, and hopes to steer him away from some of the mistakes he made when he was still new... also the kid is still sloppy, and who better to get him brushed in shined than the BEST TECHNICAL WRESTLER IN TCW!

Danny hops over the bench where Brian is setting, obviously full of excitement. "HEY EAGLEHART! Did you hear they are passing the title on tonight!? There's gonna be a Rumble and the winner gets the BELT!"

Brian finishes wrapping his wrist and smooths the tape down before looking over and replying, placing a hand on Danny's shoulder to give some advice. "I sure did Kid. And listen up -- it's going to get rough out there, but don't be too worked up. Titles are nice... but just go out there and have a good clean fight. You can't win em all, but if you give it your BEST than at least you know you didn't leave anything out there... And if it comes down to you and me, I don't want you to hold back -- you give it your all. Just like I will."

They lock arms for a second and give a nod, Danny walks off screen. Brian grabs his bomberjacket off the hook and with a spin and flourish slides it on and up his shoulders and places his aviators on with one smooth motion. He then looks right into the camera.

"And to the rest of you out there... when you see me in the ring I'll be going full throttle! Leavin all of you in my dust -- This Eagle's gonna SOAR! YEEEEEEEEEEEAH!" He shoots his trademark flex pose with his back to the camera showing off his logo.

The camera fades down to black.

Geth roll 2d6-2 for Backstage Promo
    Danny "Two Count" Mahooney - Fresh meat to the TCW Circuit management has all but mandated that Brian 'show him the ropes' of the gig. A good kid with a good heart, he may have the makings of a star -- but needs to pay his dues. He's been mostly jobbing since his debut, but scored his first main event win in a tag-team match with Eagleheart last week. He aims to be a grappler, his moniker comes from his high school wrestling career where he had an uncanny ability to get out of some very tough pins.

The Cromagnum Men - A Brother Tag-Team Duo, Joeseph and Macintosh Willard (Joe & Mac) joined up with TCW during a pretty nefarious time where the management was scraping the barrel for gimmicks. Out of that fallout, somehow The Cromagnum Men managed to survive by being pretty popular with the fans. They've held the tag-team belts on more than one occasion, but haven't had any notable pushes, or spotlights individually.

Last Week on TCW - The episode featured a sub-plot of The Cromagnum Men causing some ruckus and problems with the people back stage and even some antics involving the principle of last week's hosting school (much to the delight of the kids and students in attendance). The main event was having Joe and Mac 'put in their place' by Eaglehart and rookie TCW star, Danny Mahooney.

Backstage Promo:
    2d6-2 9 [2d6=6, 5]

MagicPrime on
    edited March 2017
    TCW Roster:
    Non-Player Wrestlers

Amora Cruz, The High-Flying Angel
    Mortty Sims
    Laci Lee, The Anarchist
    Thunder & Lightning, The Queens of Deathmatch
    The Burly Brothers, Dan and Stan Burly
    Tommy Terrific
    Nikki Nightmare
    Competidor Local
    Ludwig Van Beathoven, The Composer of Crunch
    "Dank" Davey Scrapple
    Mister Mad
    Samhain, Jack Sullivan and Warlock
    Mr. Black
    Danny "Two Count" Mahooney
    The Cromagnum Men, Joe & Mac
    Biggs Tobacco, the Lobbyist
    The Mummy King of Machu-Pichu

Non-Wrestlers:
    Tex Scrapple, Owner/Promoter
    Chip Wallenbocker, Lead Commentator
    "Raucous" Randy Rammstein, Color Commentator
    "The American Scheme" Dean Underlund

That's 27 wrestlers with the PCs. I'm gonna throw in a few, and then once Dyvim throws in a few names as well, we'll be well over what we need for a Wrangle.

In fact:
    Biggs Tobacco: Hailing from Washington DC, Biggs Tobacco is a wealthy Tobacco lobbyist who wants to get your kids hooked on cigarettes. Outside the ring, he's a youth pastor that donated not an inconsiderable amount to TCW to get to spread an anti-tobacco message.

The Mummy King of Machu-Pichu: I told you there was a mummy at some point. Turns out he just never stopped being on the roster. Played by whomever is available.

Dex Dynamo on
    If Aztec Warfare is when they come in one at a time after 90 secs after the last guy, I think that would be interesting.
    Aztec Warfare is like a Rumble where they come out at set intervals. The difference is how people are eliminated: in a Rumble, you have to be thrown over the top rope, but in Aztec Warfare, you can only be eliminated via pinfall or submission. This means the fighting can go to the outside, and allows for spots like dives to the outside and more hardcore spots that normally wouldn't be in a standard rumble.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    @Nirya: Sounds like you're "adding a stipulation" to make the belt presentation ceremony a thing, correct?

@Matev: Feels like your promo is adding a weapon stipulation (or at least an emphasis on weapons), do you want to make that canon?

@Ken O and @MagicPrime: Do you want to add a stip, gain 1 momentum, or gain 1 Heat with a wrestler of your choice?

TCW Roster:
    Non-Player Wrestlers

Amora Cruz, The High-Flying Angel
    Mortty Sims
    Laci Lee, The Anarchist
    Thunder & Lightning, The Queens of Deathmatch
    The Burly Brothers, Dan and Stan Burly
    Tommy Terrific
    Nikki Nightmare
    Competidor Local
    Ludwig Van Beathoven, The Composer of Crunch
    "Dank" Davey Scrapple
    Mister Mad
    Samhain, Jack Sullivan and Warlock
    Mr. Black
    Danny "Two Count" Mahooney
    The Cromagnum Men, Joe & Mac
    Biggs Tobacco, the Lobbyist
    The Mummy King of Machu-Pichu

Non-Wrestlers:
    Tex Scrapple, Owner/Promoter
    Chip Wallenbocker, Lead Commentator
    "Raucous" Randy Rammstein, Color Commentator
    "The American Scheme" Dean Underlund

That's 27 wrestlers with the PCs. I'm gonna throw in a few, and then once Dyvim throws in a few names as well, we'll be well over what we need for a Wrangle.

In fact:
    Biggs Tobacco: Hailing from Washington DC, Biggs Tobacco is a wealthy Tobacco lobbyist who wants to get your kids hooked on cigarettes. Outside the ring, he's a youth pastor that donated not an inconsiderable amount to TCW to get to spread an anti-tobacco message.

The Mummy King of Machu-Pichu: I told you there was a mummy at some point. Turns out he just never stopped being on the roster. Played by whomever is available.
    I love seeing a few more the PACW characters showing up!
    We could take a few more of the PACW characters and drag them over to fill in more rolls.

From PACW:
    Tyler Arrow, The River City Kid
    "The Unstoppable Force" Diana Chen
    The Professor" Gordon Miller
    Alexander Turner
    Damage
    Malice
    "The Archer" Robin Adams
    Archangel
    Steve "Stormy" Barnes
    Wynn Walker
    Arnold Nathaniel Parson "AnP"

That's a good list of wrestlers to have on the backburner--I don't want to add too many up front, but in case characters get phased out, a reserve is always good.

I will take the +1 Momentum.

sure, while he's not a hardcore expert, Dr. Skull is no stranger to bringing operating instruments to the ring

Hail Hydra
    joe__mac_title_screen_3269.png

I'll take the momentum.

Also I forgot last week's episode...

Last Week:
    During Boris' handicap match El Corrido came down to the announce table. He happily explained he was only there because "this match is so very boring. The people here deserve to be entertained." When Boris reacted to his presence Corrido shouted, "This isn't about you." He then jumped onto the barricade, struck a pose, encouraged the audience to cheer for him, and then exited through the crowd giving hugs and high fives the entire way out.

Comics, Games, Booze
    @Dex Dynamo in this case, no. I'm mostly doing it as a work intimidation of Tex Scrapple, so I almost want to instead add +1 heat to Tex, but I don't know how Heat really works. Like, in wrestling terms, is it shoot heat with the person, or a more kayfabe heat. Because if it's the second I deffo want that.

This might also be a good time to mention that I'll probably use my special ability, though I don't know how a fail would work in this scenario since it's not a singular opponent but a host of opponents.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    edited March 2017
    It's mostly the latter; it's how much the Audience "ooohs" when you stare down each other in the ring. So take +1 Heat with Tex, absolutely, it makes perfect sense for you.

Go ahead and roll for Carry The Company, and we'll see what happens.

Dex Dynamo on
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Carry The Company

Carry The Company:
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=1, 5]

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Ok, so I am booking the shit out of the finish to this match.

Do I message you what I want to do or should I post it here?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Nirya wrote: »
    Ok, so I am booking the shit out of the finish to this match.

Do I message you what I want to do or should I post it here?
    Message me!