As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

TRI-COUNTY WRESTLING: The Road to Fight At The Fair 2017

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Previously on Supernatural Tri-County Wrestling:
    The Tri-County Wrestling crowd got their first real look at "The Shoreditch Serpent" as CFB reappeared for the first time since going on sabbatical "to the mountains of Nepal", he interrupted a backstage interview with his former valet and accosted her with a piece of cheap costume jewelry. Screaming "LOOK DEEP INTO THE EYE" he seemingly put her into a trance and then bade her eat a gingerbread biscuit in the shape of a coiled serpent before leading her away, muttering "The power of Umbalorwyrral compels you!" in between fits of maniacal cackling.

Promo spot:
    The scene fades in on the interior of a baker's shop. There's a variety of wares on display, pretty much everything you would imagine, and a distinctly less than pleased middle aged woman on the opposite side of the counter from store proprietor Carter Francis Bequest.

Why is everything a snake?

I do not underssstand the quessstion madam.

Are you hissing?

Of courssse not, that would be sssilly.

It really sounds like you're hissing.

Maybe I have a ssspeech impediment and you are being extremely insssensssitive?

Oh god I'm so sorry. Look just, can I have a cake that isn't shaped like a snake? I know the snake is obviously the mascot of this place for some weird reason-

Yesss, the massscot. Absolutely not the sssymbol of an ancient and malevolent demon hell bent on sssubjugating the world to itsss dark desssign.

What did you say?

Yesss, the massscot.

No, after that part.

There wasss nothing after that part.

I...I think I'm just going to shop at Gregg's.

Wait, firssst try out excellent gingerbread sssnakesss. We have the bessst recipe in the tri-county area and it's absssolutely, completely free of any and all mind-controlling sssubssstancesss.
    Oh...she'sss gone. Ah well.

Carter turns to look at the camera as if noticing it for the first time.

Ssset backsss happen to everybody. They are an unavoidable fact of life, however the true measssure of a perssson is in how we ressspond to thossse ssset backsss.
    I wasss promisssed great thingsss by Tri-County Wressstling and yet, asss isss often the way, thossse promisssesss turned out to be bitter liesss that crumbled like crissspsss beneath bissson. Yet I have not let it defeat me, inssstead I have found a new purpossse in life. A pure and fulfilling purpossse that will make thisss company and, eventually, the whole world a better place.
    You sssee my massster hasss shown me the path to true enlightenment. He hasss shown me that only without the shacklesss of free will and independent thought can the human race reach ultimate happinesss.
    I shall free all othersss asss I have been freed, one sssoul at a time I shall offer up thossse who ssstand againssst me in the Regal Wrangle and then, when all have been sssacrificed upon the canvasss altar to Him, I shall raissse the Tri-County Wressstling Championship aloft asss the ssstandard at the fore of hisss army.
    Sssoon the world shall be free, but firssst I mussst free Tri-County Wressstling and all of it'sss fansss. In the name of Umbalorwyyral I shall conquer all and lead thossse who remain into the warm embrace of hisss coilsss.

Fade to black.

NPW:

Alan Trick:
    Disgraced magician who now wrestles in Tri-County because he can't get booked in Vegas anymore since his exile from the magic circle. Easily distracted and spends more time yelling "Is this your card?" at members of teh crowd than he does focusing on matches.
    Outside of the ring Trick actually kind of hates magic. Some people speculate the whole gimmick is just punishment for some transgression and he won't drop it because it's kind of over.

Random note:
    I'm not going to do the "Sss" thing again for promos going forward since I bet it's a mare to read (and it's a bit of a mare to write) but I wanted to do it this once so people know going forward to read CFBs speech as hella sibilant.
    also it's bad but hopefully it gets better/funnier as I figure him out.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Shit I forgot my dice roll:

Geth roll 2d6+2

2d6+2 12 [2d6=6, 4]

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Hey, 12 AM is like "the afternoon" right?

Anyway, sorry for all the delay. Got distracted with stuff around the house, with other threads, watching actual fake wrestling, etc.
    Since this is my first time on camera this episode I need to roll Reputation for a chance to earn some bonus Momentum.
    We fade in to an empty arena Athleticolosseum. Standing in front of the ring is Joe Destiny. He's wearing his ring gear, with a towel draped over his shoulder as if he was just working out.

So, we've got a Regal Wrangle for the title tonight, do we?
    Easy. Been there, done that. I might be relatively new to TCW, but a match like a Regal Wrangle is nothing new to me. I've done it all, all over the world. I've done over-the-top-rope challenges, lumberjack matches, battle royals, 10-man eliminations, 20-man eliminations...doesn't matter. I've been there, I've done it...
    He looks to his right. As the camera pans over toward the ringpost, his flag is draped over the ropes.
    and I've conquered it.

This match doesn't scare me, hell, none of these 29 other guys scare me. I mean come on, Boris Melovic? The Soviet Union's been gone for decades man, get with the times! Kosta Tolos? He doesn't even want to do this, he just wants the title and all the glory handed to him. And don't even get me started on guys like Competidor Local and The Crowd Favorite.

Joe climbs up onto the apron, and starts to step through the ropes into the ring.
    Now, just because I've got this in the bag, that doesn't mean I don't want to get some extra warm ups in. I've gotta look good while I'm cleaning out this ring, you know? I'll see you all out there again soon.
    Joe starts running some ropes to warm up, as the camera pans up before fading back to black.
    Cut a Promo:
    Geth roll 2d6

2d6-1 8 [2d6=6, 3]
    2d6 9 [2d6=5, 4]

Crippl3 on
    edited March 2017
    Dice results:
    Reputation: Rolling an 8 gets me +1 Momentum until I Botch or the Episode ends, whichever comes first.
    Cut a Promo: A 9 gets me +1 Heat with the subject of my promo, I'll take +1 Heat for Boris since he won't like me insulting his motherland.

Oh, almost forgot:
    A bonus wrestler, I know we have a lot already but I wanted to add at least one.

The Crowd Favorite, Davey O'Davey
    Barely even a wrestler, Davey was a longtime fan of TCW who would show up to almost every show. Of course, he would almost always get in some sort of fight in the stands with someone, for basically any reason, but hey it's a wrestling show, right? Why do they get to do it and we can't? So, after years of this, Tex relented and gave Davey a try-out. The fans loved seeing their own up there in the ring with the local legends, despite him barely having any real "wrestling" talent, and he's been on the roster (though not particularly high on the card) ever since.

Last time on TCW:
    Joe's only been on the roster for a couple weeks, but he's been making waves. So many waves, that Biggs Tobacco saw him as a marketing gold-mine, and wanted him to start doing a sponsorship deal for their latest line of trendy cigars. After he interrupted Joe when he was doing an in-ring interview telling the crowd yet again about his favorite matches outside of TCW, Joe refused the deal. And by refused, I mean he clotheslined Biggs over the top-rope and out of the ring to huge cheers.

Crippl3 on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Cool. Dyvim do you want +1 Momentum, added Heat with someone, or to add a stipulation to the Wrangle?

edited March 2017
    Otherwise, that's everyone, so I'll write up the start of the Regal Wrangle ASAP.

EDIT: In the meantime, updated heat and momentum totals, plus an explanation on when you'd use either:

DOUBLE EDIT: And the complete TCW Roster, as of the Regal Wrangle.

Dr. Skull (Momentum +1)
    Boris Melovic +1
    Brian Eagleheart +1
    Carter Francis Bequest +1
    Joe Destiny +1

Carter Francis Bequest (Momentum +1)
    Dr Skull +2
    Hedley Turner +1
    Brian Eagleheart +1

Kosta Tolos (Momentum +1)
    El Corrido +1
    Joe Destiny +1
    Hedley Turner +1
    Brian Eagleheart +1
    Tex Scrapple +1

Joe Destiny (Momentum +2)
    Kosta Tolos +1
    Hedley Turner +1
    El Corrido +1
    Brian Eagleheart +1
    Boris Melovic +1

El Corrido (Momentum +2)
    Hedley Turner +1
    Boris Melovic +1
    Joe Destiny +1
    Kosta Tolos +1

Hedley Turner (Momentum +3)
    Dr. Skull +1
    Brian Eagleheart +1
    Kosta Tolos +2

Boris Melovic (Momentum +2)
    Dr. Skull +1
    El Corrido +1
    Joe Destiny +2

Brian Eagleheart (Momentum +2)
    Hedley Turner +2
    Carter Francis Bequest +1
    Kosta Tolos +1

Momentum: You can spend Momentum on any roll to add +1 to a roll's result; you can choose to spend it before or after a roll.
    Heat: In a match (such as the Regal Wrangle!) you can choose to, when making a Wrestling Move, roll +Heat instead of another approach. What that represents is the two of you working the audience to sell your rivalry (think Steve Austin and the Rock swapping punches as the crowd roars). A lot of Moves also give you a + or - to Heat, which is important, because if you end a Match with +4 Heat on someone, you gain +1 Audience. So you want to be meaningfully interacting with the wrestlers with whom you have Heat.

TCW Roster:
    Non-Player Wrestlers

Amora Cruz, The High-Flying Angel (Babyface)
    Mortty Sims (Babyface)
    Laci Lee, The Anarchist (Heel)
    Thunder & Lightning, The Queens of Deathmatch (Heels)
    The Burly Brothers, Dan and Stan Burly (Babyfaces)
    Tommy Terrific (Babyface)
    Nikki Nightmare (Heel)
    Competidor Local (Babyface)
    Ludwig Van Beathoven, The Composer of Crunch (Heel)
    "Dank" Davey Scrapple (Babyface)
    Mister Mad (Heel)
    Samhain, Jack Sullivan and Warlock (Heels)
    Mr. Black (Babyface)
    Danny "Two Count" Mahooney (Babyface)
    The Cromagnum Men, Joe & Mac (Babyfaces)
    Biggs Tobacco, the Lobbyist (Heel)
    The Mummy King of Machu-Pichu (Heel)
    Alan Trick, the Disgraced Magician (Heel)
    Davey O'Davey (Babyface)

Non-Wrestlers:
    Tex Scrapple, Owner/Promoter
    Chip Wallenbocker, Lead Commentator
    "Raucous" Randy Rammstein, Color Commentator
    "The American Scheme" Dean Underlund
    "Tuxedo" Terry Troubadour, Ring Announcer

Dex Dynamo on
    BACKSTAGE, BEFORE THE WRANGLE:
    Tolos and Scrapple are in his office, having, not an argument, but definitely a debate. This isn't an unusual happening, especially around the title scene. The occasional phrases waft out. If you choose to listen in, click the spoiler. If not, don't. Either way, tell me if you listen in at the top of your post.
    "--but he's due--"
    "--company needs me now--"
    "--a face turn? Maybe--" "No way, Heel 100%"
    "If you're sure about this."

Scrapple comes out--not upset, but deep in thought; the wheels are turning in his head and he's booking on the fly, you've seen this look before (@Reynolds, when was the last time Hedley saw that look?). He posts a torn-out notebook page on the wall. On it, some feuds, some spots, and on the top...
    REGAL WRANGLE
    TOLOS OVER, INJURY ANGLE

(Gameplay note: Per the Regal Wrangle rules on the movesheets, any attempts to legitimately eliminate Tolos will be a BREAKING KAYFABE move!)

ON-SCREEN
    "Tuxedo" Terry stands in the ring, a mic in his hand.

"THE REGAL WRANGLE. Born from the mind of Tex Scrapple, it is one of the most prestigious matches in TCW. Two competitors begin in the ring. Every 90 seconds, another competitor will enter, until 30 TCW stars have made their entrance. Wrestlers may be eliminated by pinfall, submission, or top-rope elimination. There are no disqualifications or count-outs. The last competitor standing will be named TCW WORLD CHAMPION! Now, ladies, gentlemen, and nonbinary individuals, I have only one question for you...

ARE YOU READY TO WRAAAAAAI'm being told on the headset we do not have the rights to say that."

As he is saying that, an absurd amount of fireworks start going off. An obscene amount. Especially considering the gymnasium is entirely inside.

"Ahem. So, without further ado, to randomly draw our first two competitors, TEX SCRAPPLE!"

Tex wheels out an obnoxiously large ball spinner. He makes a big show of pulling one out.

"WELL, would you look at that, Entrant #1 is KOSTA TOLOS!"

Kosta makes his entrance, and then... (@Nirya, describe your entrance!)

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Wow, Tolos first in the ring. Going the distance. I can dig it.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep1ilHpTvSM

*Kosta Tolos's music hits, though Tolos doesn't come out with his usual exuberance. In fact, he doesn't come out at all. The announcers, ring crew, and audience all look at each other nervously. Eventually, Tex Scrapple cuts the music off and gets on the mic.*

Tex Scrapple: "Alright, let's try this again, and Kosta, I know you're back there listening to me, so I'll make this simple: if you don't come out right this second and instead choose to ruin this historic night, you not only forfeit the opportunity to win the title right now, but I will make sure that as long as you are i this promotion, you will never get another opportunity to win the title. So, without further ado, Entrant #1: KOSTA TOLOS!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep1ilHpTvSM

*Once again, Kosta Tolos's music plays, and this time Tolos does come out from behind the curtain, but instead of his usual preening and showy entrance, Kosta appears sullen. Before he gets to the ring, he grabs a mic.*

Kosta: "Cut my music *note: the music stopped playing a good minute ago already*. Tex Scrapple, cut the crap. I think everyone in this building knows that your little "random drawing" *Kosta is also making some very exaggerated quotation with his hands here* was rigged harder than a WWE online poll. And I want you, and everyone in this building, to know exactly what a mistake you're making. A good boss would take care of his meal ticket, not screw him over.

But you know what the funniest thing is? As much as I know you want me to fail, and as much as everyone in this building would love nothing more than to see me lose, the funniest thing is going to be looking at all of your sad, miserable, ugly faces as I hold the TCW Heavyweight Title high to end this boondoggle of a show. And then I'm going to go back to my beautiful home, give the Golden Puppy Metaxa a hug, go to bed knowing just how much better I am compared to every single one of you, and then probably laugh myself to sleep."

Tex Scrapple: "Are you done? Because this show is supposed to only last an hour, and if we have to use an overrun I'm taking the money out of your pay for wasting all of our time.

Now, for the second entrant, via RANDOM. SELECTION. *Kosta, from the ring and without a mic, yells: Boooooooo!* Laci "The Anarchist" Lee!"

*Laci's music hits and the crowd erupts, knowing full well that the match is going to get very violent, very quickly. Laci, who is usually not as warmly received as she is currently, is a bit taken aback by the response, ends up high-fiving a few fans before remembering her gimmick and turning serious.*

*Meanwhile, the west end of the building starts to make noise, and soon the entire audience realizes what is happening, as THUNDER AND LIGHTNING snuck through the crowd with chairs, ambushing Kosta Tolos and dragging him out of the ring, where they proceed to target Tolos's ankle. Eventually, TCW officials are able to drag Thunder and Lightning away. It should be noted that, while Thunder and Lightning are heels, the crowd is ecstatic about the current turn of events.*

*While the doctor tends to Kosta at ringside, Laci Lee bounces around impatiently in the ring.*

Chip Wallenbocker: "What in the hell just happened? Thunder and Lightning have completely changed this match, and we haven't even started yet."

"Raucous" Randy Rammstein: "I'm starting to think Kosta Tolos has a point. Tex Scrapple obviously sent Thunder and Lightning down to that ring to take Tolos out because he was afraid of what might happen if Tolos became champ."

Wallenbocker: "That said I wouldn't put it past Tolos to have been the one behind this attack just to get out of wrestling in this match."

Rammstein: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THAT'S CRAZY, THAT'S RIDICULOUS, THAT'S.........actually kind of brilliant if true. If Kosta Tolos actually set up his own beat-down just to save face, then he might be the biggest son-of-a-gun jerk in this entire promotion."

Wallenbocker: "In any case, we haven't even had any action in the ring, yet this Regal Wrangle is already living up to expectations. Anything truly can happen!"

*Finally, a counter appears, and the crowd begins to count down from 10*

Tex Scrapple: Drawing the #3 slot, it's JOE DESTINY!

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    This match is already overbooked as hell and I love it.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Sorry, a huge Destiny update dropped today, was a bit distracted lol

"WHO'S BACK?" booms the PA in the gym.
    "JOE'S BACK!" cheers the crowd, with a *clap clap*

"WHO'S BACK?"
    "JOE'S BACK!" *clap clap*

"WHO'S BACK?"
    "JOE'S BACK!" *clap clap*
    I couldn't find a bad cover, soooooo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGZqDzb__bw

This is a Wrangle, so there's not much time for dicking around since we've got 27 more entrances to get through. Joe books it into the ring, flag trailing behind him. Normally he'd take the time to tie it to a turnbuckle for the match, but instead he holds it in front of him, waving it before he lofts it flat up in the air where it can float back to someone in the front row of the crowd. (Luckily he still has 2 or 3 of these left for the merch table.)
    Alright, so, time for some dumb questions: How exactly do I wrestle? heh
    Am I considered "In control" of this match right now? Not really sure how this works mechanically once I'm in the ring.

Sorry to leave this hanging for now.

edited March 2017
    yes, you're considered in control of the match, so now you just choose your stat, describe how the fight between you and Lacy goes (, and roll 2d6. Then I'll describe the result.

EDIT: And make sure your description includes the following, depending on what stat you want to roll with:
    • +Work: a big, dangerous, flashy spot that showcases your technical wrestling ability
    • +Power: a huge, strong move that puts you or Lacy at legit risk
    • +Look: the Signature move that demonstrates your character's Gimmick
    • +Heat: the shared history that you and Lacy and drawing upon to make this fight memorable
    • +Real: how you go legit to shoot injure Lacy in the ring

Dex Dynamo on
    edited March 2017
    Joe gets up on the apron, and before climbing into the ring he points to Thunder and Lightning.
    "Everyone here wanted to see me and him fight, why do you have to take that away from our fans?" he tells to them across the room, frustrated. "Just wait until you two get your asses in this ring with me, let's see if you can fight someone who knows you're coming!"

And with that, Joe's in, and the fight is on. Laci charges Joe, and after trading some vicious looking body blows against the rope he entered from, Joe is able to grab hold of her arm and Irish whip her across the ring. He runs after her, and when she bounces off the other rope, goes for a dropkick to hopefully send her flying against and right over the rope for a quick elimination.
    A dropkick like this should be +Work, right? That's what I'm figuring. I'll also roll +Power instead, which would be -2, in case you'd rather use that one instead.
    Wrestling:
    Geth roll 2d6+2

Geth roll 2d6-2

2d6+2 14 [2d6=6, 6]

Crippl3 on
    edited March 2017
    On a 10+ you hit your move impressively well. Remain control of the match, and pick 1: you gain +2 Momentum; throw an opponent over the top rope and gain +1 Heat with them; you decide who the next entrant is going to be and gain +1 Heat with them.

But decide your choice before you write anything, because I'm going to throw a few more competitors to skip ahead and include a few more people once you do.

Dex Dynamo on
    That's a hell of a fuckin' roll for my first time in the ring, lol.
    Let's get rid of Laci so we can get some more of us in, she's going over the rope.

Looking at the character gimmick sheets. Are all heels and babyfaces supposed to have a default +1 heat with one another as well?
    Pick your starting Role. You can use the Move of the same name. Gain +1 Heat with everyone who’s the opposite Role.

edited March 2017
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Looking at the character gimmick sheets. Are all heels and babyfaces supposed to have a default +1 heat with one another as well?
    Pick your starting Role. You can use the Move of the same name. Gain +1 Heat with everyone who’s the opposite Role.

Yeah you automatically get +1 Heat with anyone in the opposite role.
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    That's a hell of a fuckin' roll for my first time in the ring, lol.
    Let's get rid of Laci so we can get some more of us in, she's going over the rope.

Laci tumbles to the ground and and has a complete meltdown; she ends up throwing hands at a referee, and getting carried off by security.

Joe has a few moments to count down the clock before the 10-count kicks in again... 3... 2... 1...

The lights go out, and when they come back on, Alan Trick has magically appeared in the ring!! He does his schtick for awhile, pulling quarters from Joe's ear and showing the crowd their card, until the timer runs out again, and COMPETIDOR LOCAL makes his entrance, setting up a few more minutes of easy comedy--a mix of light lucha spots between Competidor and Joe, and Alan doing shitty magic, before the clock buzzes once more...

And BORIS "THE SOVIET BEAR" MELOVIC makes his entrance!
    @Grunt's Ghosts make your entrance, and make a Wrestling move. @Crippl3 you can go ahead and make a Wrestling move as well.

Dex Dynamo on
    Trick's doing all kinds of goofs and illusions in the ring. Streamers from his fingers to distract his opponents! Pulling the TCW Title from his hat! (which, when he attempts to use it on Joe, breaks immediately as it's a badly made fake.) You know, goofy magic stuff.
    While Joe and Trick are going back and forth in the center of the ring, with Trick dodging his hits and Joe getting more and more frustrated, Competidor has a brilliant idea! While Joe and Trick are distracted, he sneakily climbs the turnbuckle, ready for a big moonsault on Joe. Unfortunately for him, after Alan flicks away a half-dollar that he pulled from Joe's nose, Joe follows the coin and sees Competidor about to jump!
    Seizing his opportunity, Joe grabs Alan around the waist, picks him up and quickly jumps and pivots into Alan's old spot, leaving Alan in harm's way of Competidor's incoming moonsault!
    I'm gonna roll +Power for this one, since I have to pick Alan up and quickly spin him around.
    Wrestling:
    Geth roll 2d6-2

2d6-2 5 [2d6=3, 4]

I'll also roll +Work, in case you think that fits better.
    Wrestling:
    Geth roll 2d6+2

2d6+2 9 [2d6=1, 6]

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Boris "The Soviet Bear" Melovic

The countdown clock goes down again 10, 9, 8... and as it gets close to 5 the arena is suddenly hit with the sounds of the Russian National Anthem. But instead of a slow march waving a massive Russian flag around, the massive wrestler charges out of the backroom and towards the stage. He moves as fast as he can to get into the ring...

While Alan Trick is doing a stupid "Pick a Card Then Get Punched" routine, Boris comes up behind him and crushes the deck of cards right in Trick's hand. He turns around to find himself nose to gut to the massive Soviet Bear, who looks down at the wimp and says something in Russian. Peter Sokolov, who is outside of the ring translates. "He says only wrestlers are allowed in the ring. Clowns are suppose to go to the birthday party down the hall." And with that Boris unleashes a series of punches until he has Alan Trick up against the corner posts, which causes the ref to start counting the punches.
    Will roll up the rest once I roll and see what's up. Basically Boris is going to brute force his way through the ring and try to take this Trick guy out.

I'll take that +1 Momentum and hand it off to the next guy.

Geth roll 2d6+2 Power

2d6+2 7 [2d6=2, 3]

Grunt's Ghosts on
    edited March 2017
    @Crippl3 You're not sure what happened... the move went off perfectly, Trick got put into the ideal position... and then, there was a puff of smoke, and you were right back where you started! In the half a second before Competidor Local lands on you, you see Trick strike a pose on the turnbuckle. But how... you don't have time to think before you get crushed. Competidor grabs you and sends you up top! Choose 1: Spend 1 Momentum to stay in and describe how you avoid elimination, or get eliminated and gain +1 Heat with Competidor Local.

(Also, I'm always going to go with your first pick for a roll, it's entirely your call which stat goes with your narration! Don't worry about that.)

@Grunt's Ghosts As Joe is getting moonsaulted upon, you rush Trick, who has hopped off the corner and started doing his "pick a card and get punched" routine on the recently-entered Tommy Terrific. Tommy takes a breather in the corner as you lay into Trick, eventually being aided by the next entrant, Cromagnum Joe. the two of you form an unlikely alliance and toss Alan Trick, then turn on one another with some stiff shots that pop the crowd.

Finally, the countdown starts again... 3... 2... 1... IT'S DR. SKULL!

@Matev, make your entrance and a Wrestling Move.

Everyone Else: While you're waiting in Gorilla Position, remember you can always choose to play the Announcer, either just to add flavor, or, once each per match, you can put someone over, which bumps up a result one category (from a botch to a partial success, or from a partial to a fullsucches).

OR, you can freely describe a cool spot or NPW entrance happening in the ring as the wrestlers do their move
    OR OR, because this is a fucking shitshow, if you want to Interrupt the proceedings at any time, I won't stop you...

Also, everyone in the ring, I forgot because Dr. Skull added a weapons stipulation, you can choose to roll out of the ring and grab some weapons to enact Violence at any time, rolling +REAL instead of another stat. The results will be different if you do this though.

In The Ring
    Cromagnum Joe (Babyface)
    Boris Melovic (Heel)
    Dr. Skull (Heel)
    Joe Destiny (Babyface)

Eliminated
    Laci Lee
    Alan Trick

Dex Dynamo on
    The crowd boos as the EKG Meter pipes in. Dr. Skull is pelted with trash as he wheels a gurney covered in foreign objects to ringside. Once he reaches the ring, he snatches a crutch off the gurney and slides into the ring. He then starts laying about with the crutch, landing decent looking blows on everyone. When he gets to Tommy Terrific though, he just starts laying into him in the corner, jabbing him with the leg of the crutch and smashing it over his head.

"I hope the monkeys backstage worked this crutch right...." Dr. Skull thinks to himself as he continues his vicious assault.
    I really shouldn't be making this move, but I'm gonna cause we're nothing if not a godawful promotion.

Geth, roll 2d6-2

2d6-2 5 [2d6=4, 3]

Hail Hydra
    edited March 2017
    Since I botched, I lose the 1 Momentum I earned from my Reputation roll at the start of the episode, boo. That leaves me with 1.
    I'll spend the last one to stay in the match.

"I actually really need to ask Alan about that one after, holy shit." Joe thinks to himself.
    However, he's got more pressing concerns right now, like how to get back in the ring. Luckily, when the caveman came down to the ring (he can never remember which is which) his partner came too, and is on the floor waving his club at ringside and making all kinds of noise. Joe leans back, hoping that CL can keep a hold of his legs, and grabs Mac's club right out of his hands, before popping back up to smack CL's arms with it. Competidor lets go, and Joe slides off the rope back into the ring.
    He rolls to the one corner where shit isn't going crazy, and points the stick to Mac with a grin. "Thanks pal!"

Crippl3 on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Hedley was getting taped up and laced up before the show, sitting at his usual spot close to Scrapple's office. Sure, sometimes he overheard a few things, but much of the time he was sticking close at hand to dole out advice. Often unwanted and unsolicited advice, but every once in a while he had a real gem to share. Tonight he just watched Tex walk by with that look in his eyes, rising from his seat with a grunt of effort before shuffling over to the posted rundown for the night.

"Boys, I haven't seen ol' Tex in this kinda mood in a while. Mort, you remember that time he wanted you to be the Mummy? And Jason...and Tony...and Jack? He was gonna keep turnin' the lights out to make it look like you were, uh, mummifying everyone else in that Fatal Four-Way." He shook his head at the memory. "But the bandages kept fallin' off, and nobody could tell who was who half the time. Jack fell out of the ring and none of you could even see it." Now Hed was starting to chuckle. "The wrong mummy got pinned, everybody could see it was Tony, but we had to pretend it was you the next night!" Hed shared a good laugh with a few of the boys, before letting out a sigh.

"This is gonna be a train wreck. Poor kid."

Later...

"This is already a real train wreck, Chip."
    "It's madness, Randy! Bodies everywhere, international objects in play-"
    "I love it!"
    "-and it appears Tolos is still being attended to at ringside."

The camera momentarily switches from the action to show the fallen wrestler off to one side, with a small crowd of staff members and 'medical professionals' around him. It seems to be taking an unnaturally long time to decide on a course of action to treat his ankle, due equally to the ineptitude of the help around him and Kosta's theatrics surrounding his injury.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited March 2017
    @Matev Do you go too soft (lose 1 Audience) or too hard (Tommy Terrific gets injured)? Either way, lose 1 Momentum!

@Crippl3 Cromagnum Joe gives you a thumbs up, but that brief distraction is just enough time for Boris to gain the advantage! @Grunt's Ghosts, make a Wrestling move for me.

As Dr. Skull goes wild on Tommy Terrific, the countdown clock ticks down again...

"Oh no, Randy this isn't good, I know that music..."
    "HAHA, so do I, Chip, this is gonna be a bloodbath!

Mister Mad makes his entrance, and joins Dr. Skull in beating down Tommy, grabbing an electrical cord from under the ring to choke him.

Competidor Local, still (over)selling the attack from the club, looks to poor Tommy and extends a shaky handshake to Joe. Do you take the alliance?

Soon enough, the countdown clock rings again. The crowd gets tense waiting for a new competitor, you can feel the energy in the air...

3... 2... 1...

IT'S CARTER FRANCIS BEQUEST! @Dyvim Tvar describe Bequest's entrance and make a Wrestling move!

In The Ring
    Cromagnum Joe (Babyface)
    Boris Melovic (Heel)
    Dr. Skull (Heel)
    Joe Destiny (Babyface)
    Mister Mad (Heel)
    Carter Francis Bequest (Heel)

Eliminated
    Laci Lee
    Alan Trick

Dex Dynamo on
    edited March 2017

Seeing that Joe Destiny was open, Boris quickly moves behind Joe, grabs his head back and spins while pulling the wrestler down, slamming the back of Joe's head hard into Boris's shoulder. The attack works great, leaving Joe shocked that he got so easily blindsided by such a massive man.
    Going for a 3/4 facelock jawbreaker maneuver but from behind the guy, like a Stone Cold Stunner if you pulled the person's head back and dropped down back to back.

7, so I'll take another Momentum there, which puts me at +4 currently.

Geth roll 2d6+1 Work

Work:
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=4, 2]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    @Grunt's Ghost I think you're just describing a neckbreaker, or at worst a modified cutter.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Nirya wrote: »
    @Grunt's Ghost I think you're just describing a neckbreaker, or at worst a modified cutter.
    I'm terrible at knowing names, I just like watching.

edited March 2017
    Like this?

kmor3.gif~c200

MagicPrime on
    I didn't read your spoiler .

Snakes on a Plane blares over the low quality speakers and a sickly looking green spotlight illuminates the entrance. After a little too long CFB exits the curtain backwards tugging in frustration at a leash that extends back through the curtain. Eventually Bequest gives up on whatever it is he's trying to muscle through the curtain and turns his attention to the crowd instead.
    He waves a fetish made of silk scarves and what appear to be plush snake dolls menacingly at the nearest audience member, a ten year old who laughs instead of cowering in fear, causing Bequest to yell "You have made a powerful enemy this day, tiny human!" before dropping the Blue Peter craft project reject and just sprinting full pelt to the ring.
    When he gets there Bequest surprises the entire crowd by going for a springboard meteora on Competidor Local while he's waiting for a response to his handshake.

Geth roll 2d6-2

No matter how this pans out it should be hilarious.
    Also phone posting is the worst.

2d6-2 5 [2d6=3, 4]

Pretty sure I'm actually supposed to be injured somehow, but if we want to make it that I injure Tommy, that's fine. Either way, I'll take that over losing the audience.

Dr. Skull bellows as the crutch breaks against Tommy's head. It splinters however, and scrapes against Tommy's skull, causing an unplanned gash.

"Y'see that Chip, Dr. Skull's gonna kill Tommy Terrific. He's gonna scoop his brains out with that crutch!" Randy howled into the mike. There wasn't supposed to be a blood spot till maybe later on, but hopefully this would cover the mistake.

"Is there no lows to which he will stoop for a cheap victory?" Chip admonished the 'frightful' wrestler to the boos of the crowd.

As Mad and the Dr. work Tommy over, Skull leans in close and whispers to Tommy just so he'll hear.

"We're gonna put you out a bit early! Get some towels to staunch the bleeding and I'll wrap you up in a bit." He then pulls away to continue the beatdown.

Hail Hydra
    edited March 2017
    @Dyvim Tvar CFB hits the ropes, and takes to the sky like a soaring bird... a snake... bird... a coatl, I guess. A glorious coatl, beaming through the skies, who promptly gets caught by Cromagnum Joe, and powerbombed over the top rope. Take +1 Heat with Cromagnum Joe. Also, I believe you have a Move for when you play up comedy in a match, and I'll let you roll that here if you like.

@Crippl3 before Joe can accept Competidor's offer, Boris rushes him with a violent spinning neckbreaker! CL sees it, ducks out of the way, and hits the ropes for a springboard double stomp while you're down. Then boris lifts you up, and you're gone. (You would need to spend Momentum to stay in it, but you're at 0.) Take +1 Heat with El Competidor Local and Boris Melovic. Now, that's gonna put you at +3 Heat with Boris, on account of he's a heel--which means if you cut a backstage Promo and take +1 Heat with him, you'll hit +4 Heat, and the next time you interact with him, you'll gain +1 Audience! So why don't you cut that Promo and we'll splice in the footage.

But before @Grunt's Ghosts can get a chance to properly celebrate, Boris turns around, and eats an enzuigiri from CL. You stumble back, staggered, as he unfurls a barrage of quick kicks. You're on the ropes. His assault continues until the buzzer blares... And Amora Cruz, The High-Flying Angel runs full-speed into the ring. You're facing down a Lucha double-team beatdown... It's going to take an Interrupt move to keep from being overwhelmed. Or, you can take the elimination, and gain +1 Heat with El Competidor Local and Amora Cruz.

Those of you who've been eliminated (or eliminated for now), if you want to take control of an NPW for the remainder of the match, feel free!

In The Ring
    Amora Cruz (Babyface)
    Cromagnum Joe (Babyface)
    Boris Melovic (Heel)
    Dr. Skull (Heel)
    Mister Mad (Heel)

Eliminated
    Laci Lee
    Alan Trick
    Joe Destiny
    Carter Francis Bequest

Dex Dynamo on
    Is there any limit to how much momentum you can build during an episode? I know they expire at the end of the episode, but in a match like this, can you just keep building and building?

MagicPrime wrote: »
    Is there any limit to how much momentum you can build during an episode? I know they expire at the end of the episode, but in a match like this, can you just keep building and building?

Yep. You can build up as much as you want, and just take a series of super-successful rolls.

So Interrupt is just spend momentum and you do it?

So Interrupt is just spend momentum and you do it?

Yep!

edited April 2017
    "Scheme! Scheme, get over here!"
    "Joe Destiny? I thought you would have left by now, after that brutal defeat at the hands of The Soviet Bear, Boris Melovic!"

Joe raises the Cromagnum's club he still has over his shoulder. "Hell no, I've got something I gotta say, and I'm not leaving until I do!"
    "Ladies and gentlemen, we've got an important announcement here from Joe Destiny! Let's hear it, Joe."
    He points the club at the camera. "Melovic!" He tosses the club to the side, now pointing his finger. "I want you again, Melovic, in a real 1-on-1 fight! No Competidor Local to help you, no multi-man mess to take advantage of! Just me and you, no distractions!"
    "So there you have it, a gauntlet has been thrown, Destiny vs. Melovic! Joe, any last remarks?"

Joe's turned to walk away, but he steps back in front of the camera. "I've been all over the world, fighting champions in so many countries. Boris, you're no champion, and the Soviet Union isn't even a real country. Now if you'll excuse me Scheme, I have to go work on my bear hunting skills."
    Cut a promo:
    Geth roll 2d6
    With an 8, I'll take +1 Heat with Boris, of course.

2d6 8 [2d6=3, 5]

Crippl3 on
    edited April 2017

Boris doesn't hear Joe's taunt, he's got bigger problems as the two Luchas start trying to flip him out the ring. He holds his ground, taking a few punches and kicks from the high flyers, but when El Competidor Local tries to do a flip over him, Boris grabs him and tosses him towards Cruz.
    Spending Momentum to stay in. 3 Momentum remaining.

Grunt's Ghosts on
    Sorry about the delay in response, wrestling fans--busy weekend. Will get something written up tonight or tomorrow.

edited April 2017
    @Matev you and Mister Mad quickly toss Tommy over the top (take +1 Heat with Tommy!) and he's carried off to the back, a towel on his head. But before you have a chance to celebrate, Joe rushes you both with a double clothesline! And even worse, the countdown clock hits zero... and Cromagnum Mac runs out to beat the two of you down! You're caught in an impromptu tag match, what do you do?

The countdown blares again (after what is in no way 90 seconds, it's like 25 tops), and then, the lights turn out, and low flamenco music hits the sound system... the crowd loses their shit... IT'S EL CORRIDO! @Ken O make your entrance and a wrestling move!

@Grunt's Ghosts you throw CL into Cruz, and the two go tumbling into the corner. You've got momentum, who do you attack?

In The Ring
    Amora Cruz (Babyface)
    Cromagnum Joe (Babyface)
    Cromagnum Mac (Babyface)
    Boris Melovic (Heel)
    Dr. Skull (Heel)
    Mister Mad (Heel)
    El Corrido (Babyface)

Eliminated
    Laci Lee
    Alan Trick