As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS EXTINCT! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Yilias wrote: »
    The quest will rotate at the same time that the adapt minions do.

I'd be surprised if they have a quest that only works with one expansion worth of cards, unless they plan on using adapt in future expansions. Seems like it'll be hard to keep that quest relevant as more expansions are released if that's the case

C'Thun decks never received a single shred of attention in the way of cards after WotOG. Joust and Inspire were likewise abandoned as mechanics after TGT. Discover probably only got more cards after LoE because people went apeshit over how good a mechanic it is (and it is probably the single most interesting mechanic in the game, IMO).

Blizzard doesn't seem to have a problem making a core mechanic for an expansion and then never supporting it again.

Fair enough. The thing is the quest literally wouldn't work unless you play adapt cards. C'thun still works regardless if there are aren't any more C'thun cards, but yeah I guess it's possible they'll make one of the quests dependent on a one time keyword. It would be kind of shitty though since the rest of the quests seem to be based around regular mechanics

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Aggro Shaman loses Trogg, Golem, Finley, and Azure Drake. So they will need to replace their non pirate early game and a little midgame/reach.

Pirate Warrior loses only Finley, it will undoubtedly be the strongest deck early on until people start teching for it.

Playing devil's advocate here.

Does Pirate Warrior run Golakka Crawler (Hungry Pirate Crab)?

Good for the mirror, and you can eat up your patches if you want to shore up your board against AoE.

Probably, yes. It's a better 2 drop than Bloodsail Raider.

It's really important that bloodsail is a pirate for bloodsail cultist.

This is only true if you exactly had coin + winaxe or N'Zoth's First Mate, and Raider in hand, and Cultist in hand, and your weapon lasts until turn 3. Any other series of plays and you aren't curving into Cultist on 3.

In my experience Cultist is much more frequently a turn 4+ play coming down the same turn as another pirate. If you can, you usually hold her until post turn 5/6 so that she comes down on a Reaper.

Alright. So it's turn 6, you have a reaper equipped, and you're mad because you have a golakka crawler and a cultist in your hand, so instead of a 7/3, a 3/4, and a 6/2 weapon, you have a a 2/3, a 3/4, and a 5/1 weapon. Pirate density is a very real concern because the cultist battlecry is extremely strong, and since STB was removed you need to make sure you don't fall too far behind on that. That's why bloodsail raider sees play.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Screaming up ladder with Cthun Priest. Get stuck on Jade Druid...

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Hot tip: Try a fight promoter in C'thun priest! There's a lot of naturally healthy minions that that deck likes (alongside possible pw:s and talonpriest), and the extra draw is handy.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Rank 9, 2 Stars presently. I desperately want to get to Rank 8 which would be a new record.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

Please tell me more. I tried a couple of C'Thun variants, and really enjoyed all of them, but I never thought to try a Priest version.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    C'Thun Priest was one of my first Priest decks out of that expansion and it was kind of great, since you get a lot of natural healing in that deck.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Twilight Darkmender is a good card.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Just don't cast it when you have an Auchenai on the board.

And Brann.

Characters
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Non-Card drama:
    Dear community,

In the light of recent, inappropriate, and unsportsmanlike comments made by Thomas “Sintolol” Zimmer and Mats “P4wnyhof” Kathage, we have decided to rescind their invitation to represent Team Germany in the upcoming Hearthstone Global Games.

We’re in the process of identifying replacement players, and will reach out to them privately.

- The Hearthstone Team

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Few of them were definitely lucky games, but I went from 13 1-star to 11 3-star and now back down to 12 3-star. Here's my current list:
    1x Potion of Madness
    2x Pain
    2x Shield
    2x Death
    2x Divine Spirit
    2x Inner Fire
    2x Holy Nova

2x Northshire Clerics
    2x Beckoner of Evil
    2x Disciple of Cthun
    2x Twilight Elder
    2x Hooded Acolyte
    2x Kabal Songstealer
    1x Priest of the Feast
    1x Twilight DarkMender
    1x Brann
    1x C'Thun
    1x Twin Emperor Taunt Guy

Could definitely use some edits to be more consistent now that I'm losing some games. I had a good run from 13 to 11 though.

Edit - Oh some tips, the Inner Fire + Divine spirit is nice if you can pull off a combo with Hooded or Feast. Use Brann with Mender or Emperor for a huge boost in health or for 3 taunt doods. Don't be afraid to C'thun early if you have to, you can use the divine+inner combo later for good burst.

KoopahTroopah on
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Non-Card drama:
    Dear community,

In the light of recent, inappropriate, and unsportsmanlike comments made by Thomas “Sintolol” Zimmer and Mats “P4wnyhof” Kathage, we have decided to rescind their invitation to represent Team Germany in the upcoming Hearthstone Global Games.

We’re in the process of identifying replacement players, and will reach out to them privately.

- The Hearthstone Team

What did P4wnyhof say? I haven't really heard him say anything controversial on stream? Or is this just because of Forsen?

Someone is going to cast Lunar Visions, Draw Tyrantus off it, then Innverate it out on Turn 6 and I am going to be very sad BGH it and giggle.

Characters
  • JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Non-Card drama:
    Dear community,

- The Hearthstone Team

What did P4wnyhof say? I haven't really heard him say anything controversial on stream? Or is this just because of Forsen?

http://compete.kotaku.com/blizzard-revokes-two-invites-to-hearthstone-global-tour-1793792827
    But P4wnyhof and Sintolol don’t seem to have gotten kicked out of the tournament for any of the things Forsen objected to, but because of a feud between themselves. In a Discord chat, P4wnyhof mocked Sintolol’s invitation, following it up with a homophobic slight about his parentage. Sintolol responded by invoking Godwin’s law and calling P4wnyhof “mentally handicapped,” before asking “why are these people allowed to survive?”

flailing at each other it seems.

• KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    I am in a match against someone named SWAGBRO. I did not know these people actually existed.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Non-Card drama:
    Dear community,

- The Hearthstone Team

As far as I can tell Sintolol called p4wny retarded and praised Hitler for getting rid of people like him. (yes, really) and p4wny then made fun of Sintolol having two dads.

So both are silly geese.

Edit: oh, it was the other way around? Well, both still silly geese.

Grobian on
    Julius wrote: »
    Non-Card drama:
    Dear community,

- The Hearthstone Team

http://compete.kotaku.com/blizzard-revokes-two-invites-to-hearthstone-global-tour-1793792827
    But P4wnyhof and Sintolol don’t seem to have gotten kicked out of the tournament for any of the things Forsen objected to, but because of a feud between themselves. In a Discord chat, P4wnyhof mocked Sintolol’s invitation, following it up with a homophobic slight about his parentage. Sintolol responded by invoking Godwin’s law and calling P4wnyhof “mentally handicapped,” before asking “why are these people allowed to survive?”

So fucking stupid. Honestly it's amazing how often social media completely fucks people over. I'm pretty sure Blizz was looking for a reason after the Forsen stuff so basically he got baited but whatever, consequences for actions.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I mean, social media didn't do anything to them. They did it to themselves. He didn't get "baited" by Forsen, that's kind of silly. He made the comments of his own volition (they both did).

Anyways.

Dog made it in for USA! Huzzah! Firebat too. I like the USA representation.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Firebat made it in? Yay!

Characters
    kime wrote: »
    I mean, social media didn't do anything to them. They did it to themselves. He didn't get "baited" by Forsen, that's kind of silly. He made the comments of his own volition (they both did).

Anyways.

meme decks best decks

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

Anyways.

meme decks best decks

I still remember most of Dog's speech bubble, he made fun of himself a bunch of times on stream for it.

"I'm a pro player and I like to play meme decks."

Steam profile
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

Anyways.

meme decks best decks

I still remember most of Dog's speech bubble, he made fun of himself a bunch of times on stream for it.

"I'm a pro player and I like to play meme decks."

Firebat's was pretty good too.

"I hate pirate decks, but I like winning."

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582

Anyways.

If they didn't post it, it wouldn't have happened. Yes they did it, of course they did it. It's still caused because they went online and posted dumb shit. The only reason they got "baited" by Forsen is because after the Forsen bullshit if that was me I wouldn't have said one thing bad until the tournament was over. Once the spotlight is on you anything you do that isn't completely correct has the opportunity to sink you.

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Those statements are a far cry from "not completely correct". The problem isn't that they said them, though that is what allowed us to see it. The real problem is that they believed those statements are an acceptable way to view people.

Anyways.

If they didn't post it, it wouldn't have happened. Yes they did it, of course they did it. It's still caused because they went online and posted dumb shit. The only reason they got "baited" by Forsen is because after the Forsen bullshit if that was me I wouldn't have said one thing bad until the tournament was over. Once the spotlight is on you anything you do that isn't completely correct has the opportunity to sink you.

I kinda disagree with most of this. Like sure, maybe the punishment wouldn't have happened if they didn't post it on social media? Kind of depends on what forum they chose. If we had modern standards and no social media, and they took out an ad in the newspaper or radio or whatever saying the same thing, maybe they wouldn't have been punished because they wouldn't have been caught/noticed? But that's not a problem of social media, it's a problem of people saying horrible things.

And I think if they'd have said the same things without what Forsen said, Blizzard would have taken the same actions. Homophobic comments, references to Hitler killing people or other players being retarded... these are not things Blizzard wants as "Hearthstone player representing their country" publicity. It's all a hypothetical, but I just don't like how much focus you have on blaming everyone else, that's all. :)

Steam profile
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Those statements are a far cry from "not completely correct". The problem isn't that they said them, though that is what allowed us to see it. The real problem is that they believed those statements are an acceptable way to view people.

Oh the statements are super shitty, I'm just saying once the spotlight is on you saying anything that moves into "not completely correct' is basically fucking yourself over.

• JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular

yeah I post on social media all the time (like right now) and have no trouble not saying shit like that.

Oh the statements are super shitty, I'm just saying once the spotlight is on you saying anything that moves into "not completely correct' is basically fucking yourself over.

Maybe? You are speculating, since they didn't say anything "not completely correct." If they said something "not completely correct," Blizzard may have just ignored it because why emphasize the bad publicity?

Steam profile
    edited March 2017

Maybe? You are speculating, since they didn't say anything "not completely correct." If they said something "not completely correct," Blizzard may have just ignored it because why emphasize the bad publicity?

There was already a ton of bad publicity because of Forsen, that's why they wanted a reason, they got that reason. I'm pretty confident if Forsen hadn't said what he said Blizzard wouldn't have done anything about this incident.

Edit: There is no one to blame but P4wny and the other person. They're to blame. I never said they weren't to blame. I'm just saying they got into trouble because of the actions they took on social media.

Metal Jared on
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Coinage on
  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Non-Card drama:
    Dear community,

- The Hearthstone Team

So fucking stupid. Honestly it's amazing how often social media completely fucks people over. I'm pretty sure Blizz was looking for a reason after the Forsen stuff so basically he got baited but whatever, consequences for actions.

Good. People want to keep claiming this esports thing, then the "e-players" should be held to the same standards. Football players don't go around saying such things publicly without a huge fine or some kind of punishment and neither should "e-athletes".

edited March 2017
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Non-Card drama:
    Dear community,

- The Hearthstone Team

Good. People want to keep claiming this esports thing, then the "e-players" should be held to the same standards. Football players don't go around saying such things publicly without a huge fine or some kind of punishment and neither should "e-athletes".

Totally. I'm all for them keeping shitty people out of these kinds of events. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often given how little guidance these people have professionally.

Metal Jared on
    What time are the rest of the cards being revealed tomorrow?

Steam profile
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I laughed:
    9rsg81d2jt3x.gif

He had 13 cards left and then he drew Ambush and then Ambush which each got +1/+/1.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    edited March 2017
    10 am PDT / 1 pm EDT

Aegis on
    Characters
    Aegis wrote: »
    10 am PDT / 1 pm EDT

They haven't revealed over half the set yet right? I mean I know there's going to be dozens of pack filler cards but man it's weird how few cards we've seen so far

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    "e-athletes"

See, now I just want to call them "ethletes".

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I still think Tar Creeper is being super overvalued. 5 health is trivial to go through with weapons/removal.

Glutinous Ooze is the most exciting reveal by a wide margin. More weapon removal is needed, and with added health gain.

If I had a choice between a 2/6 taunt for 3 or Bash, I would choose bash every time.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Kolosus wrote: »
    I am in a match against someone named SWAGBRO. I did not know these people actually existed.

There's a good chance you were playing against an actual child.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    It disappoints and genuinely surprises me to hear those sorts of insults from P4wnyhof and he deserves to be made an example of. But there's no doubt Blizzard's motivation derived from the Reddit witch-hunt, which will now escalate at the next mention of his name and become more insufferable. P4wnyhof has a genuine and growing community of supporters, like it or not, and his stream is a broadly positive thing for Hearthstone. I'm sad he seems destined to never get a shred of acknowledgement for that.

sC4Q4nq.jpg