As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Orbfest and Fest banner 2 live! Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

19495969798100»

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Ah, after ultracloud and extremefest. Sounds good. I'm probably only going to pull on the FF12 banner for Fran's BSB in the next couple months anyway, so that seems alright. FF8 coming back with Fujin's chakram again is tempting, but I might just wait for extremefest for another shot at that since my FF8 synergy is kinda ludicrous now.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    I've discovered that I actually kind of prefer hoarding mythril then spending it all, so I'll probably start gathering for Cloud's USB now. Though looking at how long it lasts, I like that it's also pretty easy to just find it as a RW and reap the same benefits as having it native.

It's much better RW anyway since you can use it with pretty much any enElement, and not just wind. Of course, having both options can make things really silly. The rest of the top of the banner is really good anyway. Zack's LSB is one of the best so far in one of the most common elements, Cloud's BSB2 is obviously great and matches up well with Zack, and Cait Sith's BSB is a very strong support buff with hybrid break commands.

Yeah, I just want Cloud to be in my A team again. I have neither his OSB or his BSB2, so he's managed to be sidelined for the most part outside of 7 CMs

• mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Time to find out how strong my willpower is. I have 180 Mythril (with more coming from game rewards/record missions) and having nabbed Raines BSB I have an inclination to stop drawing at this point and just carry my balance forward for targeted pulls on banners and/or Extreme Fest. We'll see if my willpower holds when I'm staring at those 3 OSB on banner 4, while keeping in mind that I already have 3 relics (Agrias BSB, Eiko BSB, Alphinaud SSB).

Then again, I made a solemn pact with myself to always try for Veil of Wiyu, so I may make 1 vanity 11-pull on banner 4 then shut it down.

Time to find out how strong my willpower is. I have 180 Mythril (with more coming from game rewards/record missions) and having nabbed Raines BSB I have an inclination to stop drawing at this point and just carry my balance forward for targeted pulls on banners and/or Extreme Fest. We'll see if my willpower holds when I'm staring at those 3 OSB on banner 4, while keeping in mind that I already have 3 relics (Agrias BSB, Eiko BSB, Alphinaud SSB).

Then again, I made a solemn pact with myself to always try for Veil of Wiyu, so I may make 1 vanity 11-pull on banner 4 then shut it down.

Yea I'm in a similar problem as you. I don't *need* anything off banner 4, but I'd really like TG Cid, either of Agrias' relics, and Alph's burst, but I have Hamelin and Evoker's Doublet already.

I'm sitting at 320 atm which is way better than I expected to be at this point in the week, so I have to decide how much I want to save toward the future and stacking break BSBs or go for the shiny that I want, but don't need.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Oh shit we're at 100 pages, gimme a few minutes and I'll start a new thread

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    A steak! wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Oh dang. There's another relic in the new JP FFV event that I forgot to mention.

Bartz USB: 10xST Wind/Water/Earth/Fire attacks. Gain EX Mode "Spellblade Flurry" (ATK+30%, quickcast all, trigger Chase mode when using Spellblade attacks of Wind, Water, Earth, or Fire elements. Spellblade Flurry's Chase Mode attacks are randomly selected between a 2-hit or an 8-hit physical attack, of the same element as the spellblade attack used to trigger it.)

Faris's is also pretty crazy: 9 wind/ne hits, imperil wind, atk/mag/mnd breakdown.

Bartz also has a +atk/res command in his new BSB, which is nice

So Bartz can hit up to 28 times in a turn if you get super lucky. That's got to be fun with LCSB.

36, I think, actually.

4-hit Spellblade burst Mode attack, triplecasted, with the 8-hit chase mode attack triggering after each use.

But that'll be vanishingly rare to see happen, I think.

Knight_ wrote: »

Yea I'm in a similar problem as you. I don't *need* anything off banner 4, but I'd really like TG Cid, either of Agrias' relics, and Alph's burst, but I have Hamelin and Evoker's Doublet already.

I'm sitting at 320 atm which is way better than I expected to be at this point in the week, so I have to decide how much I want to save toward the future and stacking break BSBs or go for the shiny that I want, but don't need.

I don't think a pull will hurt you, depending on your plans for banner 5. IMO carrying a balance of over 300 mythril forward means you probably haven't spent optimally over the past few months (or just got fantastically lucky), and this applies to me as well. I think the sweet spot is between 100-200 mythril.

FWIW I looked at the banner again and decided to do one 11-pull. So there's that.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    cid is exactly 6

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    A steak! wrote: »
    Oh dang. There's another relic in the new JP FFV event that I forgot to mention.

Bartz USB: 10xST Wind/Water/Earth/Fire attacks. Gain EX Mode "Spellblade Flurry" (ATK+30%, quickcast all, trigger Chase mode when using Spellblade attacks of Wind, Water, Earth, or Fire elements. Spellblade Flurry's Chase Mode attacks are randomly selected between a 2-hit or an 8-hit physical attack, of the same element as the spellblade attack used to trigger it.)

Faris's is also pretty crazy: 9 wind/ne hits, imperil wind, atk/mag/mnd breakdown.

Bartz also has a +atk/res command in his new BSB, which is nice

So Bartz can hit up to 28 times in a turn if you get super lucky. That's got to be fun with LCSB.

36, I think, actually.

4-hit Spellblade burst Mode attack, triplecasted, with the 8-hit chase mode attack triggering after each use.

But that'll be vanishingly rare to see happen, I think.

Depending how the Legend Materia and regular Materia interact (people are saying both can trigger at the same time) then you might be able to theoretically hit 48 times in a turn! The odds of that are likely incredibly low, though.

steam_sig.png
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I will be broke for Mythril after tomorrow evening, but I'll get 70+ back from remaining anniversary stuff.

I will be broke for Mythril after tomorrow evening, but I'll get 70+ back from remaining anniversary stuff.

70 mythril? What's the math on that?

I don't think a pull will hurt you, depending on your plans for banner 5. IMO carrying a balance of over 300 mythril forward means you probably haven't spent optimally over the past few months (or just got fantastically lucky), and this applies to me as well. I think the sweet spot is between 100-200 mythril.

FWIW I looked at the banner again and decided to do one 11-pull. So there's that.

My banner 5 plans are basically no plans. I don't really like that banner very much.

I did get pretty lucky this festival so far. In hindsight I should have taken a tilt at banner 1, but I didn't know banner 2 was going to be so kind to me so fast, and banner 3 vomiting half it's contents in a single pull meant it would have been irresponsible to pull again there. Player's Choice giving me OK BSB in my free pull also prevented any further pulling there.

aeNqQM9.jpg

My banner 5 plans are basically no plans. I don't really like that banner very much.

I did get pretty lucky this festival so far. In hindsight I should have taken a tilt at banner 1, but I didn't know banner 2 was going to be so kind to me so fast, and banner 3 vomiting half it's contents in a single pull meant it would have been irresponsible to pull again there. Player's Choice giving me OK BSB in my free pull also prevented any further pulling there.

Classic Knight_, always getting the most-desired relics immediately

:)

edited March 2017

Classic Knight_, always getting the most-desired relics immediately

:)

It's been a weird experience. This is literally the first time it's ever happened that I've gotten multiple #1 item I want on the banner instantly. FF14 was pretty good as well, only took 3 pulls to get one of my top 3.

I think it's RNG coming back around after my Fujin chase and my 3 lucky draws being a bit of a bummer.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    I sure would like some better RNG tomorrow night. My curaga draw was 4/11 but all SSBs and 3 of them were repeats. My element infusion draw was 2/11 with one being an SSB doll for Lulu and the other being Leon's dark aura BSB, which I guess is alright but honestly on the low end of BSBs. My BSB draw was Delita's BSB, which has a gimmick of doing more damage on a crit but my only crit chance boost is also on Delita. I then actually hit a 100 gem on the Player's Choice, except it was my third Platinum Sword. My free draw on Player's Choice was a dupe Paladin Cecil BSB. Then I spent 50 mythril to go 1/11 again, but this was my best draw of the festival because it was Y'shtola's Healer's Circlet. Then I did two draws on the P3 banner to get 2x Laguna SSB, dupe Noel SSB, Krile SSB and Sabin SSB.

I'm super happy I got Y'shtola's BSB, but the P3 draws were such a disappointment. I wanted every OSB and BSB on the banner, and couldn't even manage to snag one! I will be very cross if I again miss out on the OSBs and BSBs on P4.

steam_sig.png
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Does the Materials phase begin tonight with Orbfest?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Mythril dungeon, Record Missions, half the last Dungeon Update, materials fest five stages.

Does the Materials phase begin tonight with Orbfest?

Materials phase starts tomorrow (Friday) night with the debut of Banner 4 of the festival. Tonight is the FFIX event start.

steam_sig.png

Mythril dungeon, Record Missions, half the last Dungeon Update, materials fest five stages.

Who doesn't do the mythril dungeon ASAP? Sheesh.

FF6 event also ends at 6 PDT tomorrow, so finish the bonus battles and draw for Setzer BSB if you're going to.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The thing that really makes me want to pull again is that only Raines BSB ever comes back.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Ah, okay. I guess I can hold off on getting those 4* Vitality motes from the Trial of Steel until tomorrow. I need more Major Ice Orbs in a bad way.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

edited March 2017

But but stamina efficiency during Orbfest.

silence1186 on
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Ah, okay. I guess I can hold off on getting those 4* Vitality motes from the Trial of Steel until tomorrow. I need more Major Ice Orbs in a bad way.

There's 9 days to be able to do all the Nemesis and Record Mission stuff after orbfest is done. Materialfest will still be going for a few more days, but pfft. With the giant heap of them U++s give you, I could sell my entire stack and still be massively overloaded by the time the next fest rolls around.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

It's one stamina.

ztrEPtD.gif

It's one stamina.

He's very efficient.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

It's one stamina.

Hell, it's three minutes.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I kinda like the idea of saving the Mythril dungeon until after the fest, so you're not totally tapped out afterward oh who am I kidding, I ran that shit in the first minute it was available

Anyway, new thread hurr!

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/210678/ffrk-2nd-anniversary-continues-orbfest-3rd-fest-banner-ff9-event-tonight/p1

This discussion has been closed.