As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS EXTINCT! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

1939495969799»

• Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »
    It disappoints and genuinely surprises me to hear those sorts of insults from P4wnyhof and he deserves to be made an example of. But there's no doubt Blizzard's motivation derived from the Reddit witch-hunt, which will now escalate at the next mention of his name and become more insufferable. P4wnyhof has a genuine and growing community of supporters, like it or not, and his stream is a broadly positive thing for Hearthstone. I'm sad he seems destined to never get a shred of acknowledgement for that.

Shhhh stop ruining the circle jerk! Reddit will get mad if they don't get to praise Forsen for being the savior of Hearthstone.

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    It disappoints and genuinely surprises me to hear those sorts of insults from P4wnyhof and he deserves to be made an example of. But there's no doubt Blizzard's motivation derived from the Reddit witch-hunt, which will now escalate at the next mention of his name and become more insufferable. P4wnyhof has a genuine and growing community of supporters, like it or not, and his stream is a broadly positive thing for Hearthstone. I'm sad he seems destined to never get a shred of acknowledgement for that.
    Didn't he viewbot?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Didn't he viewbot?

There's some circumstantial evidence of that.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Doesn't really matter at this point whether or not he viewbotted in the past given his subsequent behaviour.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I was watching a card review video from Trump, and he's discussing Evolving Spores. The usual pros/cons, but brought up something I thought strange. He said you if you cast it on a Wild Pyromancer and choose Poisonous it will clear all the other minions on the board.

Poisonous is described as "Destroy any minion damaged by this." So what he's saying totally makes sense, but I never would have made that connection.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    One of the PlayHearthstone tweets also clarified that prior to its release, which led to speculation that they were going to print some way to Adapt a Pyromancer.

Unfortunately Evolving Spores isn't exactly priced at the level that facilitates consistent use alongside Pyromancer (namely, 1-2 mana).

Aegis on
    Characters
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Aegis wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter at this point whether or not he viewbotted in the past given his subsequent behaviour.

His behaviour has been frankly exemplary in the face of an extraordinary campaign of untempered hate, beyond the one insensitive remark that yes, was problematically condescending to the fact that the other streamer has two dads.

Honestly if the community broadly had a lick of moral authority I'd feel bad for supporting him, but the hypocrisy is rank, and I know P4wnyhof well enough to trust him when he says he regrets his words.

edit: the two tweets in question broadly amount to "Who's going to be proud of you? Your momma? Or wait, your two dads :biggrin:"

Not a nice thing to say to someone who's no doubt lived through a lot of harassment about it, no doubt.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Can we move on?

It is hard not to engage and I don't think arguing about this in the thread will be super productive :P

Let's talk about bad art designs for the Un'Goro cards again :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the wild pyro interaction is probably more important for the future rather than this specific set

now that poisonous is keyworded i expect it to slowly crop up more, and i would not be surprised to see rogue get a spell that just says "give a minion poisonous"

liEt3nH.png
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I'm gonna go for a living-mana into pilfered power into badart dino combo deck and you'll all regret everything...

(I probably can't afford this deck)

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Finally gave up on my beloved, baffling Pirate Dragon Warrior and went full Pirate Warrior since dragons are going away soon.

Yep, every bit as disgusting as advertised.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    I hope there is a special place of suffering for people who play pirate warrior/shaman in unranked.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
    ltkzOei.png
    Ravasaur Runt (Neutral, Common)
    2 mana 2/2 Beast
    Battlecry: If you control at least 2 other minions, Adapt.

His cuteness is tempered by the what-the-hell is that bland background.

Characters
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    why is it so low rez

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Also, that card is nuts in agro decks. Hello neutral minibot, at least for paladin/pirates/hunter

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    why is it so low rez
    "High Rez" is one of the Adapt options, actually.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    why is it so low rez

Because it was screen-capped from a low rez foreign language source and then they used that picture and put it into a full-rez frame for the english translation

Original image (no better):
    cwTLI3n.png

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
    It's the purple. The purple isn't doing it for me.

Characters
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    why is it so low rez
    Smite is a moba

Lost in the Jungle or Alleycat into turn 2 Ravasaur Runt baby whooo!

*Maelstrom Portal into Injured Kvaldir*

Well fuck... :(

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    All the extra processing power needed for deck slots has meant they have to downsample the art so as not to strain the game engine.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Kvaldir are rotating!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

Kvaldir are rotating!

no wonder i feel so dizzy! hahaahhaahahahahahahahaahaha!

liEt3nH.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Kvaldir are rotating!

no wonder i feel so dizzy! hahaahhaahahahahahahahaahaha!

is this a cry for help

• BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    After reading so many comments about bad art I went back and looked at all of the revealed cards.

Yes the Druid legendary is trash art. Yes, there are a few bland dinos. But, man, I really like some of the art! Crackling Razormaw is fantastic! So are cards like Curious Glimmerrot, Sherazin Corpse Flower, Lakkari Felhound, King Mosh, Tortollan Primalist, Glouttonous Ooze... and I'll stop there but I kept seeing more and more the more I looked.

I don't mind some of the creature art in general. But the backgrounds for these cards are head scratching.

Characters
    uuuugh two games already where I instantly lose because they topdeck the removal they need on turn 3/4 so I can't snowball my early board lead. At least have it in your hand already, dangit.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I think in regard to the art conversation, it just seems weird that we get some good art pieces and meh art pieces. It feels inconsistent, like they hired 5 artists of differing abilities with no real direction other than "here's blizzard's art pieces from various games, commence with arting!"

I mean, I could expect one or two meh pieces but there seems to be far far more than that, which again I find really inconsistent.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    Ta-daaaaaaaaa

Characters
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

I will always love the ridiculous Twitch clip urls.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    why is it so low rez

It's a picture taken in prehistory. They didnt have smartphones back then