As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Return of the Creepiest thing you've ever seen?

1555657585961»

• UndefinedMonkeyUndefinedMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Burnage wrote: »
    The best bit about that Wiki article is the guy advertising silver-based health treatments, that led to his 'perfect health'.

Ignoring the blue skin.

Hey man, ya make an omelet, ya gotta break a few eggs.

Or turn them blue.

UndefinedMonkey on
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • EuphoricEuphoric Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So, my mom used to clean houses for a while, a few years ago, to help pay for sending us kids to private school. So she ended up going to some crazy homes (people do weird things behind closed doors >_> )
    Anyway she used to clean for this lady who owned her home but who rented out a couple of rooms, one to a young man and one to an elderly lady. My mom would go around the house doing her thing, but she never cleaned inside the man's room because he didn't want her to, and she never cleaned inside the elderly lady's room because the lady was pretty much always in bed, and anyway, she kept her room very tidy.

Eventually the owner of the house left a note to my mom asking her to please clean the back room, the one the lady is always sleeping in. My mom is confused, she can't clean it with the lady asleep inside, so she goes to the man and asks him what the story on the old lady is and he gives her the questioning look. Apparently he chuckled and said something like, "There is no old lady." so shes confused and goes back to the room which is now has piles of newspaper all over everything along with a thick coat of dust.

Hmmm... Now that I've typed that out it looks like a really fake story, but I assure (as some stranger over the interwebs) that is the story she told me.

Euphoric on
  • MidViciousMidVicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I love this thread and wish to keep it alive. I've actually stayed six nights in a haunted hotel, but I'm saving the story for my own short story. It was insane and it fucked me up for awhile. But never mind that.

I wanted to post this five part series about a real life, and somewhat famous poltergeist incident. I found it to be intriguing, so I figured you guys would probably enjoy it as well. It starts off informative, but the last two videos become decidedly creepy as you find out the history of the spirit.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5

Is it real or is it a hoax? Man, I gotta tell you, I don't think it's a hoax at all, especially considering how many people witnessed the insanity going on in that house (even police officers).

Fair warning however, as the creepiest thing about these videos might be the fact that their british with bad teeth. Just kidding, I love my blokes across waters!

With that said, enjoy!

P.S. Euphoric, your story was brief but still pretty goddamn creepy. I think your mom might have felt a presence that automatically informed her somebody was sleeping in the room and just assumed so. But the newspapers covering everything... *shudders*... rooms like that creep me the hell out...

MidVicious on
    "When you're in the type of business we're in, you don't get a criminal lawyer, you get a criminal lawyer!"
    -- Jesse, Breaking Bad
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man is youtube just not loading the videos for everyone else too? It's wierd, some videos (ie. all the ones I'm interested in) just don't load, while others (the ones I pick at random and contain nothing I want to see) are fine. This sucks.

Falx on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's been doing that for me for the past few weeks, Falx. No idea what it is.

Grey Ghost on
    edited November 2007
    That's happened to me before as well. Damn.

Well, in that case, here's some official documents of the aforementioned video dubbed, the Enfield Poltergeist.

MidVicious on
    "When you're in the type of business we're in, you don't get a criminal lawyer, you get a criminal lawyer!"
    -- Jesse, Breaking Bad
    edited November 2007
    Damnit, oh well.

Enfield, oh hey I heard about that one. Pretty damn creepy if it's true.

Falx on
    edited November 2007
    Oh man I can't believe I forgot this, a friend of mine is a pastor and has been to several real-deal exorcisms. He's seen some unbelievable things, I'll pump him for info over the next few weeks when he has some time off.

Falx on
  • PottersGirl7PottersGirl7 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Scariest thing for me was most certainly as a five year old being dragged on fucking "ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter"... I've never been the same since.

http://webhome.idirect.com/~glburke/mk_xae.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExtraTERRORestrial_Alien_Encounter

This crap is no where near as entertaining when you're five years old. I just wait for the day I can get my parents back. >.<

PottersGirl7 on
    atukkk.jpg
  • Charlie_Foxtrot2Charlie_Foxtrot2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Did anyone here see that Silent Hill movie?
    That first half of that movie really creeped me out. Especially Pyramid Head. Motherfucker terrified me.

Charlie_Foxtrot2 on
    logo%20graf%201.jpg
  • spidahspidah Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    WOW. That movie sucked balls.

spidah on
    edited November 2007
    spidah wrote: »
    WOW. That movie sucked balls.
    Barbed Wire Tentacle rape made me D:

and
    that policewoman's face swelling up and exploding also made me D:D:

Charlie_Foxtrot2 on
    logo%20graf%201.jpg
  • GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The other night I dreamed that the ghost of Dakota Fanning threatened to kill me and Michael Richards individually the next time we used the toilet. So Jennifer Garner was brought in to negotiate the cessation of hostilities with Fanning at a picnic table near a graveyard.

It wasn't a cheesy graveyard with mist or anything, though it was blanketed in a hard blue tint. Kind of like the first season of CSI: NY. And Fanning kept giving me and Richards the creepiest look. Wide-eyed, like she looked up to us. Except that she wanted to kill us.

Glyph on
    edited November 2007
    I asked my mom if she had any other creepy things that have happened to her, as either nothing creepy ever happens to me, or I block it out.

She told me that in the second place where my mom and dad lived after they got married had a funky closet. It was in the hallway between that living room and the kitchen I guess, and they used it primarily for storage and coats. Apparently the closet didn't like being used for storage and occasionally all my moms Tupperware would fall off the top shelf and onto the floor.

The most impressive display of this was during New Year's eve just as the ball was dropping. She said that she and my dad were watching the ball drop on TV, and just as it hit zero all the Tupperware exploded out of the closet. Not fell or slipped out, the closet chucked all the Tupperware down the hallway. Apparently the cat was in the litter box when this happened ( the litter box being right next to the closet in the hallway) so the cat tore out there and spread litter and poop everywhere too...

Euphoric on
  • KatholicKatholic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    MidVicious wrote: »
    I love this thread and wish to keep it alive. I've actually stayed six nights in a haunted hotel, but I'm saving the story for my own short story. It was insane and it fucked me up for awhile. But never mind that.

I wanted to post this five part series about a real life, and somewhat famous poltergeist incident. I found it to be intriguing, so I figured you guys would probably enjoy it as well. It starts off informative, but the last two videos become decidedly creepy as you find out the history of the spirit.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5

Is it real or is it a hoax? Man, I gotta tell you, I don't think it's a hoax at all, especially considering how many people witnessed the insanity going on in that house (even police officers).

Fair warning however, as the creepiest thing about these videos might be the fact that their british with bad teeth. Just kidding, I love my blokes across waters!

With that said, enjoy!

P.S. Euphoric, your story was brief but still pretty goddamn creepy. I think your mom might have felt a presence that automatically informed her somebody was sleeping in the room and just assumed so. But the newspapers covering everything... *shudders*... rooms like that creep me the hell out...

That shit is freaky.

Katholic on
  • RemnantRemnant Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The other night, I went to my room to sleep (as you do, of course), and as per my post-schooling life, it was about 1am.

I heard a rather loud slamming of the door. Really, nothing special in my house. The window in the bathroom is almost always open (second storey and there's only a single storey house behind, so nobody can see in). My door was closed (by me, when I walked in), and my sister's door is always closed whenever she's in there. I can't remember if the door to the spare room was closed or open, but I'm fairly certain it was open as my mother hung my shirts on the door handle so I could grab 'em in the morning. The door couldn't close with those hanging on the handle.

That left pretty much two doors within the general vicinty that could explain how loud and distinct the bang had been. Either the bathroom door or the door in my room that lead to the balcony. In all honesty, at the time, I didn't care. I stayed up reading that night, dismissing the sound as the wind or something.

Didn't pay much more thought to it. However, when I got up in the morning, I noticed that some stuff in my room had moved. There was a pile of junk - an old cricket bag, my "Jack Bauer bag", and a plastic bag that I have hid my sister's Christmas present in. Seeing that stuff moved, I swore, thinking that she had discovered her gift - I slept far later than anyone else in my family. It wasn't until I actually left the room that I realised the relevence of that discovery: The bags and the Christmas present were all stashed against the door that lead to the balcony.

..they had been moved a half meter distance from the door against which they normally were stashed. That's when I remembered the loud bang the night before. I never used that door; nobody in my family used that door, nor did they ever really enter my room. The door must have been open. And slammed shut when I walked in.

Hm. Made me shiver a little when I realised it. Never found out what had happened, but a bit creepy nonetheless.

Remnant on
  • This2x4SkeletonThis2x4Skeleton Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    http://www.squareamerica.com/fa1.htm
    Scroll on down to the 1/60 kid.
    You may just shat your pants.

This2x4Skeleton on
  • HF-kunHF-kun __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007

What am I looking for...?

HF-kun on
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    HF-kun wrote: »

What am I looking for...?

Not creepy, just stupid.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, I don't even know what the hell that's supposed to be.

Grey Ghost on
  • This2x4SkeletonThis2x4Skeleton Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    He just looked incredibly creepy to me.
    I let my imagination run wild.

This2x4Skeleton on
    edited December 2007
    What is all that stuff anyway?

Grey Ghost on
  • HazzHazz Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Tokyo has a few freaky things.

2039377987_0ad10167a5.jpg

and this guy...
    2046273877_b7d7a871b1_b.jpg

Hazz on
    edited December 2007
    Let's breathe new life into this thread:
    Ghost girl in the cemetary
    Yes I know it's totally fake, but I thought it was well done.

MidVicious on
    -- Jesse, Breaking Bad
    edited December 2007
    That is a fun one. I'll admit, first time I saw it I squealed like a little girl.

Grey Ghost on
    edited December 2007
    I don't get it, the quality is kinda poor
    were those eyes? Also, I can't understand anything he's saying.?

Euphoric on
    edited December 2007
    Because it's another language. :P I don't think it's really important what he's saying. And yeah, the "ghost" turns towards the camera and her eyes glow. Me and some others found it spooky the first time around, others might not.

Grey Ghost on
    edited December 2007
    Can anyone re post those Chernobyl pics. Those were freaky look pics, man.

The lifelessness of the place just creeps me out.

Charlie_Foxtrot2 on
    logo%20graf%201.jpg
  • ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
    edited December 2007

What's going on with that place? I read somewhere that nature has taken over that area entirely.

MidVicious on
    -- Jesse, Breaking Bad
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

What's going on with that place? I read somewhere that nature has taken over that area entirely.

My biology professor once mentioned, as an aside, a study of the way rodents in the area were affected by the radiation.

But he failed to tell us what the study found. :(

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Mahnmut wrote: »

My biology professor once mentioned, as an aside, a study of the way rodents in the area were affected by the radiation.

But he failed to tell us what the study found. :(

There was an article on slashdot the other day about how radiation isn't nearly as dangerous as previously believed.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2007
    20001204h.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.