As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tycho announcing RSPD info soon?

strike_the_tripstrike_the_trip Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Penny Arcade Games
I'd hoped to have one more ready to go, and if it arrives by the time I get back I'll make sure it goes up for Friday. I firmly believe that these pieces will improve your life in some way.
- Tycho from the 10/5/07 news post

---

Do you think he'll announce the release date for RSPD or something else related to the game? It makes sense if you think about it:
  1. They'll both be gone over the weekend until Wednesday. Are they going to play-through and test a beta version one last time before going gold?
  2. Tycho was up in Canada two weeks ago, furiously pounding out game script. In the 9/26/07 news post, Tycho mentions he's been, "making a final pass on the entire script and writing new stuff for things we managed to fit into the first ep." Sounds like the devs needed the last bit of script copy so they could progress unaffronted to the end of development on the first installment.

That's really all I got.

strike_the_trip on

• Options
    HitScanHitScan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I took the "improve your life in some way" to mean that he felt that all of the guest newsposts will be of excellent quality, and that if he receives a third in time to use it then we get one on Friday, otherwise we miss out.

It would be nice to know more about RSPD though. Perhaps if we're quite lucky there will be joy.

HitScan on
    Unstable like the isotope that resolves the fate of the theoretical cat in the hypothetical crate.
    Yo momma so fat she got triabetes
  • Options
    ElohssaElohssa Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The machine gods shall deliver their message unto us, one bit at a time. We are but weak souls shackled to its benevolent keyboards, chattering in our monkey languages that must be translated and translated again into the pure language of the devine.

That said, I'm hoping my balls off that this thing is coming soon. I've been keeping ceiling cat busy for months, and I'm sure he wants to get home to his family.

Elohssa on
    Shaw's Principle: Build a system even a fool can use, and only a fool would want to use it.
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Wasn't this game supposed to be out some time last month?

I can only assume that they are taking this time to make the game more awesome...at least that is my hope.

LightRider on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I don't think anyone ever said that.

though it would be awesome.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    No...but they did say it'd be out in 2007.

And there's only 29 days left in 2007... D:

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm kinda surprised this sub-forum doesn't have more buzz on it. I realize info is scarce. But there isn't a developer diary or a blog or something updated semi regularly about this game?

VoodooV on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    VoodooV wrote: »
    I'm kinda surprised this sub-forum doesn't have more buzz on it. I realize info is scarce. But there isn't a developer diary or a blog or something updated semi regularly about this game?

not really and there really isn't much to discuss that hasn't been already

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    b0bd0db0bd0d Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Elohssa wrote: »
    The machine gods shall deliver their message unto us, one bit at a time. We are but weak souls shackled to its benevolent keyboards, chattering in our monkey languages that must be translated and translated again into the pure language of the devine.

That said, I'm hoping my balls off that this thing is coming soon. I've been keeping ceiling cat busy for months, and I'm sure he wants to get home to his family.

ya spelled divine wrong.

b0bd0d on