As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let Me Tell You About Podcasts

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    my name is actually Eggmonious Nogforth XXVI

i have spent my entire life fleeing my family business but i have finally decided to own it

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    This is very unrelated to anything, but I feel like it's weird that I've ended up referring to some people here by their real names when no one knows my name, so, my name in real life is Ryan.

I get this feeling - I'd straight up rather people call me Greg because mortal sky was a name I made as a placeholder for the gamefaqs message boards in 2004, when I was 11, and became my placeholder name around the internet for a couple years after. I never intended on using this forum for a decade

Mortal Sky on
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I mentioned my real name is Diarmuid before

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Gustav isn't even my real name.

You inherited it from the previous Gustav?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    My real name is WeedLordVegeta

I probably should have mentioned this earlier

Man

The WeedLordVegeta

From Wildlands!

Actually that's his father

The Betgirl please enjoy this mental image of my dad smoking a huge joint

oh my god weed would destroy your dad

I met dan's dad at dan's wedding and the first thing he did was beg me not to see him as a baby boomer who ruined the economy because he was really upset about it too

My father once came into my room while I was still living with my folks

I was in a skype call with molly amongst others

I asked him why he always closed my laptop when I was at work because I'd set it to download stuff while I was out and closing it would disrupt the download

He said, I swear to God, that he wanted to protect it from "crack attacks"

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Man

The WeedLordVegeta

From Wildlands!

I met dan's dad at dan's wedding and the first thing he did was beg me not to see him as a baby boomer who ruined the economy because he was really upset about it too

I asked him why he always closed my laptop when I was at work because I'd set it to download stuff while I was out and closing it would disrupt the download

Crack Attacks? I have that DVD!

Moriveth wrote: »

Man

The WeedLordVegeta

From Wildlands!

Yeah it's one of the things I was trying to download

• CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    This is very unrelated to anything, but I feel like it's weird that I've ended up referring to some people here by their real names when no one knows my name, so, my name in real life is Ryan.

I'm still trying to figure out the etiquette of using people's real names on the forum. I know a lot of people's names from their podcasts, but I can't say I know any forumers on a personal level. I worry that I'm being too... familiar?... if I post something like "Hi Luke, you don't know me, but here's a joke about giant women".

So for future reference, if I mention you in a post, would you prefer replacewythy or Ryan?

I get weirdly anxious about talking to people online so I'm probably overthinking this.

I have a twitter.
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Gustav isn't even my real name.

You inherited it from the previous Gustav?

Technically yes.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Charmy wrote: »

I'm still trying to figure out the etiquette of using people's real names on the forum. I know a lot of people's names from their podcasts, but I can't say I know any forumers on a personal level. I worry that I'm being too... familiar?... if I post something like "Hi Luke, you don't know me, but here's a joke about giant women".

So for future reference, if I mention you in a post, would you prefer replacewythy or Ryan?

I get weirdly anxious about talking to people online so I'm probably overthinking this.

In my experience, real names get brought out when someone's trying to dunk on you or admonish you for something.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Ok, that Pepsi ad I just watched was incredible

Jesus Christ, just burn everything

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

In my experience, real names get brought out when someone's trying to dunk on you or admonish you for something.

yeah, Greg

(I don't know anybody's real name. Is there a Greg here? No hard feelings, Greg, just used your name for a quick gag.)

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

Given I changed my name to something new, I much prefer Molly myself.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular

I feel exactly the same way about all of that, so you can use either one, because I also don't know how any of this works.

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    i am 100% sure I just saw a Greg here the other day

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »

There's never been a Greg here

• Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular

I've used real names before and then immediately feel a cold wave of anxiety rush through me

I go to edit the post but then they'll know

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg

yeah, Greg

(I don't know anybody's real name. Is there a Greg here? No hard feelings, Greg, just used your name for a quick gag.)

how could you do this to me

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Man

The WeedLordVegeta

From Wildlands!

Yeah it's one of the things I was trying to download

Alright I'll mail it to you.

Also, I feel kind of bad about making fun of you a little while ago, which is why I even did this, it felt like an imbalance that I should correct. So, I'm sorry about that.

brb tucking a link to that post where I said my name is Greg into my signature

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    greggs.jpg?sfvrsn=0

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Don't be silly, Gregs don't exist

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Every time someone says Dan here, it throws me. At least until I remember there's, like, maybe 2-3 people on the whole forum who know me like that.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • existexist Registered User regular
    i think the humour there is quite obvious

UmPiq.png
    Every time someone says Dan here, it throws me. At least until I remember there's, like, maybe 2-3 people on the whole forum who know me like that.

I never assume I'm being referred to unless someone prefaces it with "That Asshole,"

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    MY NAME IS ANAKIN AND IM A PERSON

f2ojmwh3geue.png

I never assume I'm being referred to unless someone prefaces it with "That Asshole,"

eh fortunately you're weedlordish

but never asshullish

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    MY NAME IS ANAKIN AND IM A PERSON

[citation needed]

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • CharmyCharmy Registered User regular

No problem! I figured that was the case but I appreciate the confirmation. Also, now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure you're the only person on the forum who knows my name?

I guess I should zealously guard my name, then? (Molly please don't dunk on me)

I have a twitter.
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Who is this dude on the bombcast saying there won't be a virtual console on the switch

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

No problem! I figured that was the case but I appreciate the confirmation. Also, now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure you're the only person on the forum who knows my name?

I guess I should zealously guard my name, then? (Molly please don't dunk on me)

i'll dunk as I please

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    Goddamnit I need there to be a virtual console on the Switch!

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Oh hes super wrong

That's why I was asking

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Sounds like somebody doesn't want to Join the Conversation

Oh hes super wrong

That's why I was asking

Okay good, thank you.

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »

There's never been a Greg here

There better not be, I was told this was a Greg-free forum

Diarmuid wrote: »

Sounds like somebody doesn't want to Join the Conversation

Sounds like it's what the nation is talking sbout

This discussion has been closed.