As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Harmonix] New Rock Band peripherals are coming!

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Has there been any official word on Rock Band VR tracks being released as RB4 tracks?

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Has there been any official word on Rock Band VR tracks being released as RB4 tracks?

Since this week's DLC is songs from the setlist, they have started to release them. I think they said they plan on releasing every song? But I am not 100% on it.

Good to hear

I need Gold on the Ceiling and Champagne Supernova in my library like now

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I'm looking through the list of all the DLC and I'm seeing songs that are exclusive to Rivals updates. Is there no sunset on this for those of us still lagging behind?

• JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    All the launch tracks (which includes everything from big-name bands) are already available a la carte, I believe. The two sets of songs by indie Boston bands are available with Rivals. I don't see any reason those would be made available other ways, since you can get all 23 songs now by buying Rivals.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I have Rivals, I just don't have a X1. What I'm asking is if these are provided via a title update or if the title update merely provides marketplace access. And whether or not such access 'sunsets' due to limited timing or even perhaps just charging money.

I don't even know if any of the songs are worthwhile since I haven't bothered to investigate any new RB4 content. I'm just thinking about how exports/imports aren't available for wholly new players and that they must, where possible, obtain certain legacy tracks by a different (and costlier) method.

• JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Ah, okay. Well, there was no download process for the tracks, so I assume they are included directly in the title update; they are effectively the same as "on disc" tracks. No idea what this means for longevity once it's eventually time for the platform to move on again.

Is Rivals available outside of XB1 and PS4? I wasn't aware of that.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2017
    Yeah the Rivals songs are included in the title update. No download required. They're just unlocked by the Rivals software key.

FyreWulff on
    A quick update for today. The song "Starting To Appreciate” by Tutankamon will be coming down from the Rock Band Music Store on or before March 31st. If you've already bought this tune, you'll be able to re-download this even after it's off of the storefront. If you're interested in picking up this DLC, get it now before it's gone!

Just as a reminder, you have maybe less than a week for this.

https://youtu.be/OCgap5uIhG0

I cannot find the words to describe what I feel about that...

• sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular

"British greats" [citation needed]

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Ed Sheeran is a "big deal" I'm told, like Nandos and all the other things I don't get

Oh brilliant
    Ed Sheeran is a "big deal" I'm told, like Nandos and all the other things I don't get

Ed Sheeran is Justin Bieber except from the UK, a readhead and much less of a douche nozzle. It's also a terrible song for everything but maybe vocals and drums? Like the guitar and bass are virtually nonexistent.

The Basement song sounds like it at least has something to do on everything but tbh it's a pretty incredibly uninteresting song overall

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Is there any reason I would want to avoid http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/rock-band-rivals-wireless-fender-jaguar-bundle/134352 for 40 bucks if I really enjoyed Rock Band 1-3 and haven't played 4 yet? Won't have any DLC I can import since I have a PS4 now and previously had an Xbox for the other games.

SniperGuy wrote: »
    Is there any reason I would want to avoid http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/rock-band-rivals-wireless-fender-jaguar-bundle/134352 for 40 bucks if I really enjoyed Rock Band 1-3 and haven't played 4 yet? Won't have any DLC I can import since I have a PS4 now and previously had an Xbox for the other games.

No?

Unless you want the DLC you already bought and should get the X1 version instead.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

No?

Unless you want the DLC you already bought and should get the X1 version instead.

Okay just making sure that guitar isn't a piece of garbage or something. I heard they rereleased with different hardware just didn't look into that. Hopefully I can snag that in a few days.

The Jaguar is supposed to be better than the RB4 Strats.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular

Having both, I'd agree with this assessment. It's a small but pretty nice improvement in several ways.

Having both, I'd agree with this assessment. It's a small but pretty nice improvement in several ways.

Agreed 100%, although both have a strum bar that's too loose

Also I'm still annoyed by RB4 removing the effects switch

I mean, it was kinda dumb but I've come to find there are a lot of songs that no longer even sound right to me without it

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Bad news all around: Harmonix has laid off at least 24 people so far this year.

And Mad Catz, which based its future on Rock Band, is liquidating completely.

Dunno what this means for instrument availability. I should probably finally get an Xbox One and the game if I ever want to play it again.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Dunno what this means for instrument availability. I should probably finally get an Xbox One and the game if I ever want to play it again.

PDP took over for Mad Catz a little while back. So RB4 instruments will remain available unless PDP goes under.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Reznik wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

PDP took over for Mad Catz a little while back. So RB4 instruments will remain available unless PDP goes under.

Ah, that's good. I had no idea, but then again most game sites have stopped giving a shit about anything that's not a huge AAA thing or the occasional prestige indie.

Also explain how Mad Catz lost their last lifeline.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Also, didn't see an official announcement but per RockBandAide:
    In addition to this week’s Rock Band 4 DLC announcement, the details for the first Rock Band VR DLC have been revealed as well, which will be available in the Oculus store for $2.99 per song:

Aerosmith – Angel
    Aerosmith – Crazy
    Aerosmith – I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing
    Aerosmith – Janie’s Got A Gun
    Aerosmith – Livin’ On The Edge
    Aerosmith – Rag Doll

In addition to the announcement of this week’s DLC songs, the remaining songs for April, both new, and Rewind, have been revealed as well:

Avenged Sevenfold – Beast and the Harlot (Rock Band Rewind)
    Kaleo – Glass House
    Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird (Rock Band Rewind)
    New Order – Bizarre Love Triangle
    Oasis – Champagne Supernova
    The Pretty Reckless – Heaven Knows

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh Champagne Supernova! That's gonna be pretty nice.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    That little orange 'R' means a legacy track?

Yeah, that's the Rock Band Rewind logo (you can kinda sorta make out the double-arrow rewind symbol to the right of the R)

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Hmm. Maybe I'll buy an Xbox One this week, finally.

Or maybe I'll wait a little longer for Scorpio news, I dunno. I just know I have two unopened Jaguar packs taunting me since like December.

• Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    That's a solid New Order song as well!

SrUxdlb.jpg

Yeah, that's the Rock Band Rewind logo (you can kinda sorta make out the double-arrow rewind symbol to the right of the R)

Sometimes I can't remember if I have a song by a band/artist. Usually because I just haven't played that song in so long. Mainly I try to look for that logo just to ensure that I probably have it via import/export.

I'm super ok with more Oasis and more The Pretty Reckless

Has anyone lese had issues with this weeks Rivals goal?

The game is telling me I don't have Evenflow by Pearl Jam for some reason.

• MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Man, I'm kinda feeling like I got hoodwinked when I picked up my vanilla Rock Band 4 Band in a Box kit on Black Friday. I live in an apartment, and usually only game when I have insomnia, so I haven't thought to check my drums. I had better do that ASAP or I might be SooL. I also need to figure out what the best option for picking up/enabling another guitar. I have a Guitar Hero 3 360 controller that's held strong and Rockband 2 and Beatles band kits already, so I don't know if I should just get an adapter, or pick up one ala carte.

I am kinda sad I missed the window on doing a Rock Band 2 import by waiting until Black Friday to get a current generation console. Is there any chance they'd enable a bundle discount or something in the future if they keep picking up licenses for songs again via Rewind? Not exactly sure what the terms of the new licenses look like if this is even a possibility or if I should just buy any tracks I'll really miss... I'll still probably just buy new songs instead of rebuying ones I played until I was sick of. Still, there are some memories and nostalgia feels I do enjoy when songs come up at random occasionally. There's been a lot of DLC since I last played much, which was the year Beatles Rock Band came out. I completely skipped 3 so might look into picking a copy of that up for the songs.

Tl;dr What Guitar best for Xbone use? Pretend legacy status doesn't matter. If legacy, what should I be looking at for a good deal on an adapter. Is Rock Band 3 worth for songs? If so, best way to do it?

MadCaddy on
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    I'm also gonna need to do a Rivals update eventually. There's no window on the songs that are bundled with it, right? I think it had songs that were a preorder bonus that I missed out on that also has made me decide to wait, and was also how I ended up just getting a vanilla 4 bundle at Target when I saw it on clearance as I picked up my Xbone. Starting to regret the impulse buy, as I'm not much of a fan of the guitar, and I still need to deal with the mic and drum stuff.

The not having wired legacy instruments work is pretty annoying by Microsoft.

If you want the second guitar, look to GameStop to see if their Jaguar/Rivals bundle is still on sale. Even if it isn't, it'll still be the best deal for you for both.

Figured it out!

After half an hour of switching between PSN, my PS3 and my PS4 I found out that not only do I own Evenflow I also apparently need to go through my entire download history if I want to make sure everything is imported to RB4

I found over a dozen songs that don't show up in the PSN store or the in-game store as purchased/downloadable despite that being the case.

Fuck you Sony, this shit is clownshoes.

I thought that was a known issue on PSN.

I thought that was a known issue on PSN.

Yeah I thought PSN had sorted their shit out at some point but I guess not

Oh well, I can just netflix or something while I go through my entire download history

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I'm super ok with more Oasis and more The Pretty Reckless

Wouldn't Heaven Knows be nothing but drums and vocals?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai