As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let Me Tell You About Podcasts

19495969798100»

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Gustav wrote: »
    Yeah, our speakers were Huckabee, Rudy Giuliani, and Phyllis Schlafly.

Real liberal brainwashing right there.

I honestly don't remember the speakers at all. As far as the curriculum I remember koyaanisqatsi, learning why numbers exist, and struggling to stay awake during most of the speeches. Oh and an art kid making painting or sculpture using bible pages that pissed a bunch of people off.

Here is the main thing I remember from there: doing what was probably the most rebellious act in my life.
    A couple of my friends climbed up a tree to the roof of the auditorium, found a hatch, and broke in and let a few more of us in, climbed through the ticket window inside, and opened up the path to the sound booth. We played with the light board for a bit and then a couple of them went down to a prop room under the stage and took a golfing lawn gnome or leprechaun statue.

The entire time I'm basically having a panic attack that we'll get caught and I'll lose any shot at getting into college ever. So I was that guy, the idiot good kid who agreed to go along and then immeditately had a panic attack when I realized wait what the fuck are we doing and just annoyed everyone else.

We somehow didn't get caught.

Edit FUCK why is this totp.

rhylith on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I tried to get into mbmbam multiple times but just couldn't get over the fact that they always sounded really drunk

That and there's like no lead into the podcast so the first time I was listening I was really confused as to what was going on

This was my exact reaction to Shutdown Fullcast when I tried it

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Look the only couples-based podcast I've heard that can match up with the charisma of Justin and Sydnee or Griffin and Rachel is that review of Airwolf Chincy did with his wife.

Also wow okay

Oh fuck I forgot about PaMMN...

I, uh, I done goofed a big one here folks

I hope you enjoy living in your new home of the sewers

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Look the only couples-based podcast I've heard that can match up with the charisma of Justin and Sydnee or Griffin and Rachel is that review of Airwolf Chincy did with his wife.

Also wow okay

Oh fuck I forgot about PaMMN...

I, uh, I done goofed a big one here folks

I hope you enjoy living in your new home of the sewers

A radioactive turtle living in the sewers? What a ridiculous premise.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I tried to get into mbmbam multiple times but just couldn't get over the fact that they always sounded really drunk

That and there's like no lead into the podcast so the first time I was listening I was really confused as to what was going on

This was my exact reaction to Shutdown Fullcast when I tried it

Yeah I get that. I think what helps is knowing the background to college football

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I honestly don't remember the speakers at all. As far as the curriculum I remember koyaanisqatsi, learning why numbers exist, and struggling to stay awake during most of the speeches. Oh and an art kid making painting or sculpture using bible pages that pissed a bunch of people off.

Here is the main thing I remember from there: doing what was probably the most rebellious act in my life.
    A couple of my friends climbed up a tree to the roof of the auditorium, found a hatch, and broke in and let a few more of us in, climbed through the ticket window inside, and opened up the path to the sound booth. We played with the light board for a bit and then a couple of them went down to a prop room under the stage and took a golfing lawn gnome or leprechaun statue.

The entire time I'm basically having a panic attack that we'll get caught and I'll lose any shot at getting into college ever. So I was that guy, the idiot good kid who agreed to go along and then immeditately had a panic attack when I realized wait what the fuck are we doing and just annoyed everyone else.

We somehow didn't get caught.

Edit FUCK why is this totp.

I'm trying to remember which ar kid that would have been. The art teacher that normally did the program dropped out like a couple weekends before AGS started so we had a Creative Writing TA. And our class was utter anarchy. The hell we put that poor woman through. Having worked as a teacher since, I feel very bad about all of it.

I just remember the boys' dorm prank rivalry. The Freemasons and the Spartans. I lived in the same dorm as the Freemasons, but was predominantly friends with the Spartans. The Spartans did an operation led by their RAs where they snuck into our dorm super early and used the showers until five minutes before class so that no one in the dorm could have a single shower. Except me.

I wasn't very popular on my floor after that.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    God I don't remember any of that. Maybe we were a different year but huckabee was a shit at both of them.

• Options
    I was 2006. I want to say that it was right before it went to four weeks for a few years. But we had the last year of a lot of admin people I think, so there was a whole no fucks given attitude of the whole session.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    I was 2006. I want to say that it was right before it went to four weeks for a few years. But we had the last year of a lot of admin people I think, so there was a whole no fucks given attitude of the whole session.

Oh yeah ok I was 5 years before you then haha

• Options
    Well good. My secret is safe.

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.