As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How Do You Feel About Beat Poetry? [ FX's Legion]

124»

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I'm not sure what I think about Beat Poetry after tonight's episode...

Also that post credits scene :o

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that
    Magneto has used metallic orbs to kidnap mutants.

• Options
    Is that a
    dead man hanging on a hook next to David?

aljm00.png

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I'm really glad Aubrey Plaza got to be
    Beetlejuice

I mean, that had to be the pitch right? Hey Aubrey Plaza would you be our Beetlejuice?

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    have you been half asleep,
    and have you heard voices?

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I think Clark the Interrogator might be my favorite character of this entire first season?

Maybe?

I'm pretty sure.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that
    Magneto has used metallic orbs to kidnap mutants.

I was thinking that or
    Mojoworld

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I think Clark the Interrogator might be my favorite character of this entire first season?

Maybe?

I'm pretty sure.
    The opening sequence of the finale did a remarkable amount of heavy lifting in terms of establishing emotional stakes/a season-long character arc for a dude that we hadn't seen since the pilot. That was efficient as fuck.

And yeah, re the post-credits scene
    My first instinct was Mojo or some sort of Mojo-analogue. Would set the second season up to be as trippy as the first, with tons of room for the sort of visual/cinematic experimentation that they used this season, but in a much different context.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Maybe?

I'm pretty sure.

I think I might feel the same way, but I also love Cary/Kerry

And Oliver

Really, this show is packed with compelling characters

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That was a hell of a final episode
    I'm really excited for Jemaine Clement to be back as the villain next season, he'll be a blast in that role.

The first thing that sphere read to me was Mojo, but that seems super crazy (and I honestly don't really want to see Mojoworld on a TV budget - this show did really good with its visuals, but that was largely because it could do subtler things). There was also a reference to Division 3 releasing something called Project Equinox (or something like that), which I don't think we saw - maybe it's that? But I'm guessing Division 3 wouldn't be the primary antagonist of the second season, especially with the conversation that David and Clark had towards the end of the episode.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Man, how the fuck was this entire season shot on a basic cable budget? That was some seriously amazing work.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Man, how the fuck was this entire season shot on a basic cable budget? That was some seriously amazing work.

FX is a step above basic cable. Its designed specifically to cultivate long running shows that generate buzz and ratings.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    That was a pretty cool clip of dbz in that hallway.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I love that Kerry might be in the wrong genre
    Kaplar wrote: »
    That was a pretty cool clip of dbz in that hallway.

I love that David
    Levitates in from above even tho it kinda makes no sense

• Options
    It's interesting how the decor and fashion around Division 3 seems more real and consistent. Most of their stuff seems pretty modern. Their office has equipment that might be old and outdated but just in the way that government offices have older stuff, not like they're things taken from the 60's. Also, Clark's home just looks like a upper class house decorated with expensive Victorian style furniture.

It seems like only the things around David and Oliver have a mix of things from different time periods.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hey wait a minute
    Who did the fire thing that happened at the pool in the first episode, anyway
    Whose power was that

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Well, in the comics pyrokinesis was one of Legion's signature powers, so
    My guess is that it was the Shadow King who set everyone on fire and teleported the switch out of Clark's hand while making David assume it was being done by his rescuers.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hey wait a minute
    Whose power was that
    I thought it was like, the room was filled with gas (not quite sure who did that) and someone firing a gun set it off.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hey wait a minute
    Whose power was that

It was just a random Summerland mutant. You see an unnamed guy standing next to Melanie when they got to the boat.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Well
    That was a weird ending

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    During the pool scene you can see odd glowing bits around the room before the explosion. Maybe it's another character? Like the dude who was basically earth bending at the end of episode 1.

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    It was probably this guy:

2rfca2v.png

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

2rfca2v.png

it says a lot about Legion, or perhaps about myself, that I cannot remember if this is a photoshop or a thing that happened on Legion

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

2rfca2v.png

Ah, yes, Firefox

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Just straight up wearing a jacket from The Village there.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Snowbear wrote: »
    During the pool scene you can see odd glowing bits around the room before the explosion. Maybe it's another character? Like the dude who was basically earth bending at the end of episode 1.

I think that earthbending was just Rudy using telekinesis to throw the ground at people?

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    why can't I find a youtube video of the dance scene from episode 1??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI7MvxuPMaQ

Bedlam on
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I finally wrapped up this show and oh my fucking god that was so good it hurts

I let out an audible 'fuck yeah' when
    the Pink Floyd started. So perfect.

I am very tempted to read about The Shadow King but I'm not sure I want to know more about this world than the show tells me

Muddy Water on