As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, April 21, 2017 - Musing

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, April 21, 2017 - Musing

Musing

Musing

http://campcomic.com/comic/421

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    Wow, an adorable comic without some kind of twist...what went wrong?

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Draw me like one of your French girls.

Lewis's face in panel 4 is incredible and adorable.

• Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    oh woah! correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first Camp Comic that has depicted a early morning dawn setting! I get a kick out of seeing color pallets shift ever so slightly depending on the time of day.

Is there another dawn/ twilight scene? There must be... Can't think of it off the top of my head though.

Mr Fish wrote: »
    oh woah! correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first Camp Comic that has depicted a early morning dawn setting! I get a kick out of seeing color pallets shift ever so slightly depending on the time of day.

Is there another dawn/ twilight scene? There must be... Can't think of it off the top of my head though.

Off the top of my head there's: http://campcomic.com/comic/catch-of-the-day

• Bluestorm83Bluestorm83 Registered User regular
    To my dear Mr Fish, below:

Very well, I SHALL correct you. This is a sunset. It is stated as such in the first panel. My apologies.

But I agree, the variations in lighting do much to set mood. Take it from someone who once-upon-a-time worked outdoors and walked to work during the sunrise and walked home at sunset. Sunset meant freedom, as did the curiously on-time song of a specific bird I'd never heard anywhere else, which sang ONLY at 5 minutes or so before closing, which I named "Freedombird."

• kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    He *nailed* that lighting!

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Well, that was charming!

I feel like I'm the only one who notices or thinks Kennedy looks really disappointed in the past panel haha.

• GinormousGinormous Registered User regular
    Awwww.

• Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    Heh. Awwww.

• CrotonhurstCrotonhurst Registered User regular
    briguy wrote: »
    I feel like I'm the only one who notices or thinks Kennedy looks really disappointed in the past panel haha.

Not at all, it was the first thing that hit me when I saw the panel. I feel bad for Lewis, he obviously did his best!

• XastionXastion Registered User regular
    Yea, Kennedy looks crushed and Lewis is oblivious. He's all doe-eyed for Kennedy.

briguy wrote: »

Not at all, it was the first thing that hit me when I saw the panel. I feel bad for Lewis, he obviously did his best!

I'd kill to have a guy that looks at me like Lewis looks at Kennedy.

• xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    Panel 4 just screams for a meme... Maybe I'll try drawing Kennedy on it >:D

• Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    I think she's touched by it, especially given the line by her teeth. That looks like a grin to me.

• johnnyburnjohnnyburn Registered User new member
    I believe the joke is that he must draw her "in this light" and then did a monochrome line drawing. An artist joke, I suppose. Her expression is Mona Lisa-esque.. I've seen it both ways after looking again.

• LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    In panel 4 Lewis looks like Maui in Moana.

• Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    For not having any surface to back up the paper I think he did a great job.

Finnish_Line on
    @BlueStorm83
    "Very well, I SHALL correct you. This is a sunset. It is stated as such in the first panel. My apologies."

oooooh.... derp x.x hahahaha yeaaahhhhhhh.... probably should have gathered that it was a sunset from the word "SUNSET" in the 1st panel. My bad!

Also, thanks BriGuy for coming through with the quick reference! I forgot about that Catch of the Day comic! Though it was a fairly recent one. Jeeze I'm bad at this! haha

• KutsopKutsop Registered User new member
    ... there shouldn't be a sun in the picture

P.S. I wish the camp comic website had the ability to quote others in the same way that the penny arcade forums do. I never use the forums to view the comic, and have the actual camp comic site bookmarked, so I just go straight there. It seems to be a but that was never resolved since the launch of the website.

I want to have the fancy shadowy boxes when I quote people, like all the cool kids do q.q

• leadingzer0leadingzer0 Registered User new member
    I'm glad this picture didn't have the topical focus of most of his other female renderings. It could have gotten ugly.

• tinustinus Registered User new member
    this is so sweet D:

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    again, I love the title: Musing

Kennedy is musing : She is having deep thoughts.
    Kennedy is musing : She is being a muse for Lewis. (maybe not proper english, but language is a tool -- a screwdriver is not always a screwdriver)

loved the cat too.

• ZyxxZyxx Registered User regular
    Kennedy, hon, listen: you might not be impressed with his ability but this is a moment of honest-to-goodness genuine soulbaring for Lewis. Not saying you're obligated to feel the same way, just realize that he is putting 100% of what he has into it. Honestly I can't think of a more romantic thing he could possibly do.

• MustacheHamMustacheHam Registered User regular
    Naww, this is really sweet. Art is a good token of bonding for any relationship. :)

• ThesammichmasterThesammichmaster Registered User regular
    Hm, I'm actually an artist as well.

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    awww That is supper sweet. The heart behind this makes up for quality.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    P.S. I wish the camp comic website had the ability to quote others in the same way that the penny arcade forums do. I never use the forums to view the comic, and have the actual camp comic site bookmarked, so I just go straight there. It seems to be a but that was never resolved since the launch of the website.

I want to have the fancy shadowy boxes when I quote people, like all the cool kids do q.q

Then you have to use the forums. One of life's little challenges.

• MekkaBMekkaB Registered User regular
    love, LOVE, lurve it.

edited April 2017
    Sarge wrote: »

Then you have to use the forums. One of life's little challenges.

I'll tell you a secret...
    type [ quote = " Briguy " ] I'll tell you a secret. [ / quote ] and you can do the quotes without the button. Without the empty space in the brackets. You'll have to copy and paste the text and put in the username, but you can still quote that way if you want.
    You can even do something like this if multiple people are quoting! [ quote = " Briguy " ] Briguy is so smart! [ /quote ] [ quote= " Briguy " ] [ quote = " Briguy " ] Briguy is so smart [ / quote ] And handsome! [ / quote ]

What it looks like without the empty space
    Briguy wrote:
    I'll tell you a secret.

Briguy wrote:
    Briguy is so smart!
    Briguy wrote:
    Briguy wrote:
    Briguy is so smart
    And handsome!
    I know! It's true that I'm both smart and handsome!

briguy on
  • StonefootStonefoot Registered User regular
    It would be a shame for Briguy's work to go to waste, so:
    Kutsop wrote:
    ... there shouldn't be a sun in the picture
    My take on that is that the Sun hadn't set yet when he was looking to the west, but while he was drawing Kennedy, the Sun set behind him.

• StonefootStonefoot Registered User regular
    Another thought: I like this comic, so if I were Queen Victoria I would say "We ARE a-mused."

;-}}

• MSD3000MSD3000 Registered User new member
    edited April 2017
    This is what has happened to me every time I have tried to draw my girlfriends. A decade+ of figure drawing experience, and I always choke at the romantic portrait...then I have to get a whole 'nuther girlfriend!

MSD3000 on
  • Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Okay, I'll ask. Is that the kitty ear in panel # far right?

• The BiddingThe Bidding Registered User new member
    I'm pretty new here, can someone explain the cat thing people talk about?

In almost every comic since "Supply Delivery #2" there is a hidden (sometimes not-so-hidden) cat in the comic. It's a fun little easter egg to find.

BriGuy wrote:
    I know! It's true that I'm both smart and handsome!

yessss..... YESSSSS!!!! Now I have the power of the slightly shawdowy boxes!!!

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    The furst rule of Cat Club is you do not speak of cat club.
    The second rule of Cat Club is. . . Meow.

Hawk1966 on
  • Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    for a child drawing this is actually very good. The proportions of the body is correctly drawn. I would say he is talented and if he practices (which I think he does) he will get better fast. So in 5 to 10 years or so when I still follow this comic I will link back to this one when we see a true a masterpiece of his hands (with his muse I wonder).