As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade] Founders packs are live

1222324252628»

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Hey, there's a WAAAGH on, are ya in?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Kinda sorta? Been playing other things lately. Did get my Chaos guy to rank 5, so I've got my first veteran class unlocked, still need to get around to getting more points to unlock other ones.

Part of the problem is that outside of playing with people I know to engage in banter with, I can only play for one or two matches before fatigue sets in. You can only bangshooty other guys so much before the apathy sets in. Did end up getting pretty solid runs as traitor by the end, AP rounds and a CQC barrel on my bolter (it's an Umbra Ferrox pattern bolter, there are things I regret in life, having ponied up the cash for the exclusive founder shinies is not one of them) turned out to be a decent combination.
    PhvayHo.jpg

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I've hooked up with LSM Guild. It's funny how much different playing with an organized group is than with pubbies on LSM. We win 90% of the time in our guild even against other pre-mades. But, pub groups is akin to herding cats.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    outermode.com/warhammer-40000-eternal-crusade

I agree with what this person is saying. What do you think?

• TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    I would agree with most of it. I probably wouldn't forgive the games downsides if it weren't for the setting, and there does seem to be something really good hidden under those downsides.

Only thing that has changed since that article is that the voice chat on the Greenskin side does have some dudes doing the "Blah blah dakka blah dakka dakka blah blah". Some are horrible, some are funny

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I've been tooling around with this for a couple days. Quite some fun when folks are pointed at each other properly, though a scattered team is the most miserable experience there can be.

Eldar was pretty easy to get a handle on as a Warlock, since squishies stick together for heal/don'tdie buffs. I still don't know how to use any of their guns and I'm terrible at everything. Orks are chill even if they're pretending to lose.

CSM was a dog's breakfast until I unlocked the Mark of Nurgle, at which point I suddenly became several times more effective as I'd survive initial engagements rather than serving as bullet proximity alarm for my teammates. Yay CSM! Yay Nurgle! Now that I know what's up I could probably play an alright Ork.

The Angry Marines are too much for me, though. They're always angry, all the time. I just don't fit in.

How Eldar kill anything I don't know. Help me. What do their guns even do? At this point I mostly mark bad-dudes I see, heal dudes, buff dudes, and sometimes shoot a bad-dude in the back while he's chain swording a dude's face off.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The game is 75% off in the steam summer sale. That's a cheap price to buy in and play, though the fact that they've run several fire sales now doesn't give me much confidence that it's a long term gaming investment. I predict server shut down within a year.

What is this I don't even.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    The game is 75% off in the steam summer sale. That's a cheap price to buy in and play, though the fact that they've run several fire sales now doesn't give me much confidence that it's a long term gaming investment. I predict server shut down within a year.

Yeah, that's youtuber Valrak's assessment as well.

I hope they released the server code so we can host our own...

Still, the game is/was fun, at least. Janky, but fun.

I know @Sir Headless VII had fun with it when I played with him...

• Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    That's true, the game is fun.

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    For anyone interested, you can get the various pay packs or editions anywhere from 50%-75% off on Steam right now:
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    So, figured I should mention this here, but Steam has a big sale on pretty much any GW-licensed games. Not sure how long it lasts.

I'd love to hear any recommendations (positive or negative) people have. I'm a big fan of the Dawn of War series, and I liked Space Marine (though I've only played a small part of it so far). I've got a key for the first Total Warhammer. I have Space Hulk but found it kind of underwhelming.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    I personally prefer Eternal Crusade over Space Marine's multiplayer, but I think that might be due to the more modern mechanics.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    The customization is much weaker than Space Marine, what with being tied to a specific chapter/legion/warband/craftworld, but the gameplay itself is solid. Haven't played in a while so I don't know if they've fiddled with it, but the melee setup is sort of a rock/paper/scissors thing between fast attacks, strong attacks, and I think they were called ripostes. Then on top of that weapons have differing values for how you fare in a 'tie'.

Gunplay is more or less like Space Marine, so far as I remember how Space Marine handled to use it as a comparison. Individual weapons aren't a 1:1 transfer, but the overall hipfire/aim stuff is there.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Apparently Steam and/or Games Workshop is doing a big skulls for the skull throne weekend sale thing? Bunch of stuff on sale, including Eternal Crusade, plus if you log in this weekend you get some skull-themed cosmetics (chest pieces for Loyalist/Chaos/Ork, helmet for Eldar)

NEO|Phyte more like slow-o|Phyte
    :wink:

He didn't even mention the exclusive cosmetics, that hardly counts.

True, but you seemed to not have read his post, which is why I was poking fun at you.

• FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    This game is pretty fun!

I'm really bad at it.

Been playing a few matches, game's about how I remember it, right down to the melee guys being a pain in the ass if you're a guy with a combat knife. Running my bolter traitor, occasionally swapping in my veteran if I remember that I get one spawn of him a match.

• StargateJewStargateJew SeattleRegistered User regular
    I tried playing this today. I got it free when it went free last year or whatever.

I waited 10 minutes to get a match and nothing..

I tried playing this today. I got it free when it went free last year or whatever.

Yeah, the population level is anemic, although it depends on things like time of day and faction playing and stuff.

What was your faction?

• StargateJewStargateJew SeattleRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

Yeah, the population level is anemic, although it depends on things like time of day and faction playing and stuff.

What was your faction?

I play all 4. When I couldn't get a Eldar game I tried Space Marines but nothing happened. It's a shame.

@Bobkins Flymo Can you move this thread to G&T? I don't think it's going to turn into an MMO anytime soon.

It's basically Battlefield in the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, which is rad, but it doesn't quite belong in this forum?