As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BBCode size no longer applies span style=font-size

FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARDinterior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
It appears that the BBcode size tag used to apply HTML
<span style="font-size: XXem">

and it doesn't any more.

For example, here are screenshots comparing how Comment_37426938 currently looks vs Google's cache of it. This post used the following BBCode:
[size=1]

Here's the google cache version (screenshotted in case Google respiders it)

2nu74q5cbawi.jpg

The HTML currently served up by Vanilla is missing the span tag:

2avgexpt9zp7.jpg

Also, just as an aside, it appears that Vanilla is still increasing the file size of uploaded JPGs as described here. Those two screenshots are respectively 211KB and 225KB on my computer. Not a big deal, just an observation.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    size 1
    size 2
    size 3
    size 4
    [size=1]size 1[/size]
    [size=2]size 2[/size]
    [size=3]size 3[/size]
    [size=4]size 4[/size]

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    they were working just a day or two ago too, I remember using them

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Yeah, same for me. The example I posted above is from April 24.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2017
    alignment codes also seem to be broken
    right
    center
    left
    (obviously left kinds still works as default)

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hmm, well just to test all the weird bbcode I remember or is on the toolbar...
    bold
    italic
    strikethrough
    underline
    mouse over this text
    this is a link
    blahsuperscript
    blahsubscript
    spoiler
    1. thing 1
    2. thing 2
    3. thing 3
    • thing a
    • thing b
    • thing c

those seem to be working

red text, string argument in quotes
    red text, string argument not in quotes
    red text, hex argument

color tags maybe aren't working? I THINK that tag was still active and I typed it right...

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Color also seems broken. All of my color=grey from a PbP suddenly are just black.

• Options
    There was once also a font tag that might not be working, but it might have also been deprecated a long time ago, I don't remember.
    I think the syntax was

this text should be in Times New Roman

so that's not working if it wasn't deprecated and I remembered how to use that right

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The only font I ever saw people use was Comic Sans

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    Color also seems broken. All of my color=grey from a PbP suddenly are just black.

So, just thought I'd say, color tag is still busted. At the very least, limegreen is not coming through.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    We're aware of the color/font things, it's a side effect of some sanitation that was recently done. It's on the agenda to return the functionality, but I have no eta.

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Thank you for the update. I dearly miss my elaborate PbP formatting shenanigans, but I'll stay strong as long as it takes.