As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mail stealing

bbgurl08bbgurl08 Registered User new member
Alright so me and my boyfriend have been staying at his dads house for a while because we left our last flat and have been looking for one and this all started when I ordered a Wi-Fi extender off trade me and that had tracked delivery and i checked when it was delivered and it never turned up and then a couple weeks later "Monique" his dad's girlfriend mentioned to him that she had "hidden" away a package apparently because she didn't want us using all the Internet but we have unlimited so besides the point so we eventually got the package back and the Wi-Fi extender didn't work so I ordered a different one off trade me tracked same thing never received , asked if they I had seen it multiple times always denied and now my mail is going missing and turning up late i'm getting really annoyed and angry like this shouldn't happen I check to see when and iF my packages are delivered and I've never getting them and sometimes they turn up it's getting out of control kinda finally my boyfriend said something to them and said that I'm not getting any of my mail and she like said are you accusing us and "almost had a cry" his words and then the next day one of my packages that was late mysteriously turned up and the next day final notice came for me to come and get my package from the post office and I have never received any other notices before so she must've been throwing them out so I didn't get it( The final notice was dated two days before I received it as well ) and when I got the package it had had been trying to deliver it for a whole month and I didn't know and last week she was snooping around and then the next day his dad asked him what I was growing in the mini greenhouse that I got from Bunnings and if it was weed that I'm thrown out and apparently I'm on the verge of getting kicked out which I don't understand I'm very quiet person I keep to myself all the time and I'm just so angry and annoyed that this is happening sorry for the bad grammar and thank you for any help

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Time to move out again. Stop buying things and save your money for rent.

• Options
    bbgurl08bbgurl08 Registered User new member
    Hi at the moment I'm only working 10 hours a week ( all that is available )

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Get a PO box.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Spool and Skeith have the right of it.

Increase your hours as soon as you can, move out to your own place ASAP, and if you have to have the WiFi extender send it to a third party place (though even then it will likely go missing).

Its pretty clear things aren't going to improve there and that the homeowner and his wife are getting to a point where they aren't happy supporting you and your boyfriend. The best thing you can do is get self-sufficient as quickly as possible.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Also, consider that even if you are able to get a P.O. Box and actually retrieve your mail, as long as you live in someone else's house there's a chance that your stuff will "go missing" afterwards regardless.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    A note on the PO box thing. I'm not sure if this is different where you live, but make sure it has a physical address attached to it as some delivery services will not deliver to it otherwise.

As others have said though, the real solution is to move out. If your job can only offer you 10 hours a week, you may need to consider getting a second job that can be flexible and work around your other job's hours, or a new one that offers more hours.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Tangetial advice:
    apparently I'm on the verge of getting kicked out which I don't understand I'm very quiet person I keep to myself all the time.

Some people just take offense to this. Don't know if that's what's happening here, but it's something I learned to fake being comfortable with to avoid being accused of snobbery.

Bonus advice: Not everyone is worth the effort! (But your SO's family probably are.)