As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chromecast lag issues, Skype question

deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
I've got a gen 1 chromecast. I can stream video by sharing my full desktop but the video/audio lags on the TV but not my PC.

Will chromecast gen 2 or ultra fix this streaming problem?

Does anyone have experience with chromecast and Skype? I'm looking to use a wireless webcam with chromecast to video chat using a larger TV. How good are webcams at picking up audio from a whole room?

Computer has an i5 intel processor, 8GB RAM. Wireless router is very old so that could be the problem too. I'm looking to implement this across several locations so PC/wireless specs may vary.

Thanks!

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Sounds like you may have a Wi-Fi issue to your Chromecast. Can you move your router closer to your tv or use the dongle for your Chromecast?

• Options
    deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
    I can't move them. They're only 1 room apart and have full bars. I don't have a dongle(?) for my chrome cast.

Mine's the gen 1 so it's just the stick that plugs into the HDMI port.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I can tell you that I have zero lag streaming youtube and twitch to my gen1 Chromecast, fron PC or phone (or google home). Never tried skype but it ought to be fine. Logitech webcams pick up room speech extremely well.

Do you have the USB plugged in as well? I need mine connected (to USB on the TV).

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    The chromecast tab streaming has always been kind of shitty and laggy.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    If you are willing to use to use the developer version of chrome, this may help: https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/25/chrome-improves-casting-video-quality/