As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hieronymus [Chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i recognize this girl didn't blow your socks off but

i love when i'm given the impression they want to go exclusive v early

dating sux, rad people you click with are rare

when i find one i'm like YUP I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYONE ELSE DINNER FOR A WHILE LET'S HANG OUT ON A COUCH FOR LIKE 4 HOURS TOMORROW

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Breath of the Wild wins best middle finger towards completionists with the Korok seed quests. You have to find 900 unmarked environmental puzzles in the overworld, solve them (some of which are super hard) and the reward is
    a golden poop in your inventory

That's super fucking mean. There are people who can't resist doing this shit. Am I alone in thinking this is just unreal cruel to people with OCD or something like it?

You also get tons of inventory space, which is max useful.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Breath of the Wild wins best middle finger towards completionists with the Korok seed quests. You have to find 900 unmarked environmental puzzles in the overworld, solve them (some of which are super hard) and the reward is
    a golden poop in your inventory

That's super fucking mean. There are people who can't resist doing this shit. Am I alone in thinking this is just unreal cruel to people with OCD or something like it?

It's not really cruel unless it's actually impossible or something. Plus, a lot of the puzzles are like little OCD brain rewards. Two stacks of blocks that vary by one block and a stray block in the environment nearby. Four statues with offering platters and three have apples but one does not. A circle of rocks with a missing rock in the pattern. Or my favorite, three identical fruit trees with different patterns of apples on all the branches. You fix the blocks or add the apple to the platter, or complete the circle, or pick apples until all three trees are identical and POP, flutter of leaves, "YAHAHA YOU FOUND ME" says this little wood sprite fucker and awards of a seed.

It's gamification of the OCD impulse and I love it.

Okay that sounds more like riddler puzzles

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

when i find one i'm like YUP I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYONE ELSE DINNER FOR A WHILE LET'S HANG OUT ON A COUCH FOR LIKE 4 HOURS TOMORROW

We did not click. She literally talked about nothing but her job. Her life is 70 hour work weeks and ordering in groceries. I'm the same way when I click with someone.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Bega-sex

okay now these jokes are getting a little cheesy

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Her life is 70 hour work weeks and ordering in groceries.

sounds like the girl for me

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

We did not click. She literally talked about nothing but her job. Her life is 70 hour work weeks and ordering in groceries. I'm the same way when I click with someone.

i thought you were trying to keep your options open, flitting from one trendy bistro to another, sampling the various austin vaginal aromas

• Options

i thought you were trying to keep your options open, flitting from one trendy bistro to another, sampling the various austin vaginal aromas

Shrug. Dating is not fun, man.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    So many people playing BOTW don't even know the three fruit trees are puzzles. Or that some of the puzzles are literally rolling a rock down a hill and between two trees set up kinda like goal posts. Fucking things are absurd.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

it is for some people, mysteriously enough to me

i guess if someone is universally likable and charismatic + very outgoing + plenty of spare cash

who knows

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    The Riddler puzzles were a good example of what I guess Castle is getting at. I thought there would be some kind of reward for finishing all of them - some cool little piece of narrative, or a moment hidden away behind that end-game set of unlocks - and you don't even get a novelty prize at the end, you get a few seconds of radio chatter. It was legit one of the few times I've felt like a game has actively wasted my time!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

It's not quite as bad as car shopping or going to work but it is definitely one of those things I only do to fill my adult needs.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Smelling vaginas all day

Is that what you think of me chu

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Baba Yaga sex

You don't actually have sex you just disappear forever

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Bega-sex

okay now these jokes are getting a little cheesy

one for all the Australians in chat

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    JsnqG98.jpg

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Baba Yaga sex

You don't actually have sex you just disappear forever

I read about that in American Gods.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

I've been told I need to float around as a trendy single for at least 4 years total, because that's half as long as I've been in a relationship

That's just what they — "they" — say

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    The Riddler puzzles were a good example of what I guess Castle is getting at. I thought there would be some kind of reward for finishing all of them - some cool little piece of narrative, or a moment hidden away behind that end-game set of unlocks - and you don't even get a novelty prize at the end, you get a few seconds of radio chatter. It was legit one of the few times I've felt like a game has actively wasted my time!

alright while we're here can we talk about how spec ops the line thought it was better than me and i don't need some queer, 2-dollar-word BIG CITY LIBERAL game telling me how to thin-

• Options

alright while we're here can we talk about how spec ops the line thought it was better than me and i don't need some queer, 2-dollar-word BIG CITY LIBERAL game telling me how to thin-

Chu I know I've said this so many times it has lost all meaning but you are the real monster

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Smelling vaginas all day

Is that what you think of me chu

Hold on

OTLC

On "The Last" Castle

Are you prepared to swear in open court that you don't hook up with lots of people??

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Chu I know I've said this so many times it has lost all meaning but you are the real monster

How many Americans have you killed today?

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

How many Americans have you killed today?

Never enough

• Options

First Arkham game I loved them. Riddler made me so mad when I got them all and caught him it was AWESOME

But he was taunting me. It was perfect

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 2.6

@BeNarwhal will create the new thread
    @Abdhyius is backup

This discussion has been closed.