As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

TRI-COUNTY WRESTLING: The Road to Fight At The Fair 2017

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    It's times like this, where Brian finds himself content with the fact that he's never had a gimmick that made him look like a walking stack of discount 1-ply. He had done what he set out to do, and he knew the end was coming soon. Management wanted him to hang in there, clear the ring, keep things moving, and that's what he's done up to now. Warlock and Hed were in the opposite corner going through their spots, but there was enough time and enough space to pull off something a little different than over the top for our resident mummy.

The Mummy King of Machu-Pichu swings a few of his wide hay makers as Brian ducks in good time to get missed by the stiff movements. The King letting out some muffled screams to play up the act.

"CURSE! CUUUUUUURSE!!!!"
    hqdefault.jpg

Brian then goes for a pretty basic Scoop Slam, picking up the Mummy King and tosses him on the mat so that he is close to his feet. Brian lets out a "YEEEEEEOW!" and strikes his flex pose and the crowd knows what's next.

With skill, grace and plenty of practice. Brian grabs The Mummy King's ankles, positions himself accordingly and locks him up with his modified Figure Four.

o3PA9.gif?1

Chip Wallenbocker jumps from his chair, nearly losing his headset. 'IT'S THE 'WHERE EAGLES DARE'! BRIAN EAGLEHART IS GOING TO MAKE THE MUMMY KING TAP!'

With a few cranks and a lot more 'CURRRRRRSE!' moans from Machu-Pichu, the Mummy King awkwardly starts to enthusiastically tap the map with his wrapped hands.

(Spending 1 Momentum to make that 9 a 10. I think there are 2 left, but it's close to not mattering)
    Geth Roll 2d6+3 for Work

Work:
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=1, 5]

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    "We're down to 3 in the ring. Any one of these men could go on to hold the TCW World Championship at the end of the night."
    "You got a real knack for stating the obvious, kid."

Warlock leaves Hed tied up in the ropes, and says (loud enough that the crowd can hear it) "I'll deal with you later, old man!"

He turns back to Brian, points at him, and rushes with a clothesline. All part of the script--clothesline into an elimination, then Hed slides in with a win, then Tolos slides in with an upset.

Brian (@MagicPrime), roll me your Finishing Move as you take out Warlock, and describe how it goes down.

Then, Hed (@Reynolds), roll me your Finishing Move to take out Brian Eagleheart, and describe how you "win" the Regal Wrangle.

Then, finally, Kosta (@Nirya), give us the REAL ending of the match, and roll your Finishing Move.

Dex Dynamo on
    edited April 2017
    As the Mummy King rolls out under the bottom rope from his Tap Out, Brian doesn't see the clothesline coming his way. It's a real slobberknocker, sending him up-and-over the top, much to the celebration of Warlock, already gloating about taking out Eaglehart while his back was turned.

However, Eaglehart managed to catch himself on the middle rope, hanging on for dear life as his feet dangle mere INCHES away from the floor mats. He grits his teeth and strains his arms to swing his feet back up to the safety of the ring floor. NOW Warlock is the one with his back turned! Brian kicks over the rope and runs towards the back of Warlock. Warlock feels the bounce in the ring and turns around just in time to see Brian diving straight at him to deliver his finishing move The EAGLE TALON! (A Running Cutter).

Warlock's face meets the mat and he sells it by going limp like a rag doll. Brian gets up and lets out another YEOW! and scoops up Warlock who wobbles around staggered. Brian gathers him up, spins him around once and uses that momentum to send him out of the ring. Brian takes the chance to run to the ropes, put one leg up on the bottom and point and play up the crowd.

(Spend that last 2 Momentum to make the 8 a 10. Might as well use it before i LOSE it!)
    Geth Roll 2d6+3 for Work (Excellence of Execution)

Work (Excellence of Execution):
    2d6+3 8 [2d6=1, 4]

MagicPrime on
    The crowd pops big. Gain +1 Audience.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Turner slowly managed to right himself, feet thudding back to the mat as he untangled himself from the ropes. He shook his head to clear it, making a show of looking back and forth around the ring. No Warlock, no Mummy. Just Eaglehart, celebrating prematurely. The wily veteran grinned, rubbing his hands as he snuck up on the younger wrestler. He couldn't just pitch the kid out, the crowd would want a little more than that...

Brian was distracted by the audience, who only grew more excited as Hed closed in on his prey. The former champion slipped his upper body under the top rope, suddenly popping into Eaglehart's view as his hands locked around the kid's neck! He cranked hard, pulling forward...leaning over the middle rope for support and leverage as he bent Brian in half! The old man's weight on this pivot point was just too much...it was either tap, get his head twisted down to his knees or...go up and over the rope!

As Eaglehart finally went tumbling, Hed almost slid out of the ring himself, bouncing on the middle rope as his boots pointed up in the air for a moment. He soon regained his balance, feet hitting the mat as he stumbled back into the ring...one hand in the air triumphantly, and the other on his aching back. His back, which was turned to the ring as he too took his chance to bask in the crowd's attention. Already starting to wince from that one big bump he was still scheduled to take...

Geth roll 2d6 for the Fulcrum Head Turner

the Fulcrum Head Turner:
    2d6 10 [2d6=4, 6]

uyvfOQy.png
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The crowd was going crazy at seeing Turner pull off the upset with his elimination of Eagleheart. They were going so crazy, they didn't notice that the announcer hadn't announced Turner as the winner of the match.

And it took them another second to realize that Kosta Tolos had slid into the ring and was standing in the corner, ready to strike. And in that second, the shouts of joy turned into cries of anguish as they realized what was about to happen.

Tolos, meanwhile, stood in the corner, doing enough crotch chops that, had the Young Bucks been in the building, would have caused them to be embarrassed. Tolos didn't care, though; for the fans of TCW, crotch chops were done by wrestlers from that company up north that we hate, and an instant source of heat.

Turner was too busy soaking in the adulation, and was taking his time getting untangled from the rope. Turner was a pro, and knew to take his time in turning, while also remaining near the ropes.

Meanwhile, commentary was reacting to the situation with the level of emotion that it deserved. Which is to say, they were overselling the shit out of it, with both men yelling at the top of their lungs and creating a headache for the technicians trying in vain to balance the sound levels:

"THIS IS A TRAVESTY! TURNER HAD THIS MATCH WON FAIR AND SQUARE AND TOLOS IS GOING TO STEAL IT RIGHT FROM UNDER HIM!"
    "WHAT YOU CALL A TRAVESTY, I CALL BRILLIANCE RANDY! TOLOS WORKED SMARTER, NOT HARDER, AND THAT'S PUT HIM IN A POSITION TO WIN THIS MATCH RIGHT NOW!"
    "I AM ABSOLUTELY SICK TO MY STOMACH AT WHAT WE ARE ABOUT TO WITNESS! ONCE AGAIN KOSTA TOLOS IS GOING TO TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT INSTEAD OF PUTTING IN THE HARD WORK! I BET HE EVEN CHEATED ON HIS S.A.T. TEST BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL!"
    ".......that's an oddly specific and not-at-all-relevant thing to say, Randy...."

Kosta Tolos started his traditional pre-move taunt, going through the motion of loading a finger pistol, pointing it at Turner, and pantomiming shooting his opponent. Then, when Turner had finished his turn, Tolos struck with the Picture Perfect Superkick, sending Turner over the top rope and to the floor.

Geth roll 2d6 for Superkick!

Superkick!:
    2d6 10 [2d6=6, 4]

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Alright alright alright. +1 Audience all around.

"Wrestling fans, I would like to apologise for the upsetting thing we've just witnessed."
    "HAHA, I wouldn't chip, THAT WAS RAUCOUS! I just wish I had been in there."
    "Randy, you... Nevermind. UNTIL NEXT TIME WRESTLING FANS, THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT."
    And that's a wrap on episode 1!
    Hope everyone is having fun with this, I know I am. I'm gonna go through and double-check and reread everything to see who interacted with whom for Heat purposes, and reread all the feud stuff so I know what storylines to move forward,
    and will post the Booking Sheet for episode 2 in a few days. STAY TUNED!

Updated Heat and Audience Totals. Note: You automatically get +1 Heat with anyone with the opposing alignment, but also lost 1 Heat with anyone you don't meaningfully interact with over the course of an episode. So, for this past episode, this means anyone you weren't in the ring with, you lose 1 Heat with.

@Reynolds and @Nirya, you both gain an Advance--Hedley for reaching +4 Audience (becoming the guy in TCW), and Kosta for winning the TCW title.

Now, normally, only one person can hold the coveted +4 Audience slot at a time--however, Kosta, if you wanted to spend that Advance immediately to take +1 Audience, we'd be in the rare position of having two people reach that spot in the same episode. That'd mean we'd have two Top Stars at the same time, and you'd both get to hold +4 Audience and execute the Over move at the top of the next episode. Which, considering you're in a title feud, is pretty cool.
    Hedley Turner (Audience: 4)
    Kosta Tolos +3
    Dr. Skull +1
    Brian Eagleheart +1
    Boris Melovic +1
    Dr. Skull +1
    Mister Mad +1
    Randy Rammstein +1
    Thunder +1
    Lightning +1
    Ludvig Van Beathoven +1
    Jack Sullivan +1
    Warlock +1
    The Mummy King of Machu Pichu +1
    Carter Francis Bequest +1

Kosta Tolos (Audience: 3)
    Hedley Turner +3
    Tex Scrapple +1

Carter Francis Bequest (Audience: 2)
    Brian Eagleheart +3
    Dr Skull +2
    Hedley Turner +2
    Cromagnum Joe +2
    Joe Destiny +1
    Competidor Local +1
    Tommy Terrific +1
    Cromagnum Mac +1
    Amora Cruz +1

Brian Eagleheart (Audience: 2)
    Hedley Turner +2
    The Mummy King of Machu Pichu +2
    Carter Francis Bequest +2
    Thunder +2
    Boris Melovic +1
    Dr. Skull +1
    Lightning +1
    Ludvig Van Beathoven +1
    Jack Sullivan +1
    Mr. Black +1
    Warlock +1
    Davey O'Davey +1

Dr. Skull (Audience: 1)
    Joe Destiny +2
    Brian Eagleheart +2
    Cromagnum Joe +2
    Boris Melovic +1
    Hedley Turner +1
    Competidor Local +1
    Tommy Terrific +1
    Cromagnum Mac +1
    Amora Cruz +1
    Dan Burly +1
    Stan Burly +1
    Danny Mahooney +1

Joe Destiny (Audience: 1)
    Boris Melovic +4
    Kosta Tolos +2
    Laci Lee +2
    Thunder +1
    Lightning +1
    Alan Trick +1
    Mister Mad +1
    Competidor Local +1

El Corrido (Audience: 1)
    Boris Melovic +2
    Biggs Tobacco +2
    Lightning +2
    Hedley Turner +1
    Alan Trick +1
    Mister Mad +1
    Randy Rammstein +1
    Thunder +1
    Brian Eagleheart +1

Boris Melovic (Audience: 1)
    Competidor Local +2
    Joe Destiny +2
    Dr. Skull +1
    El Corrido +1
    El Corrido +1
    Tommy Terrific +1
    Cromagnum Joe +1
    Cromagnum Mac +1
    Amora Cruz +1
    Hedley Turner +1

Ok, I see I can use my Advance to get a manager or form a dedicated tag team. So I actually have a different question: can I use the Advance to create a stable?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Nirya wrote: »
    Ok, I see I can use my Advance to get a manager or form a dedicated tag team. So I actually have a different question: can I use the Advance to create a stable?

Yeah, I'll allow that.

Ok, I know exactly who is in this stable, but I also don't want to ruin the surprise, so should I message you this also or just sit on it?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Ok, I know exactly who is in this stable, but I also don't want to ruin the surprise, so should I message you this also or just sit on it?

In that case, go ahead and message me--that way I can factor it into my booking.

After another tense discussion with Tolos backstage, Tex comes out with a freshly typed booking sheet for the next episode.

(I'll post the opening tomorrow during the day! And remember--you can always change the booking on the fly, interrupt promos on your own, and so on.)

That sounds perfectly overbooked.

uyvfOQy.png
    Reynolds wrote: »
    That sounds perfectly overbooked.

Speaking of overbooking, I forgot to factor in your Over move. Roll me +Look.

On a 10+, choose two of the following. On a 7-9, choose one:
    • Demand and be granted any match you want
    • Call out anyone on the roster to explain themselves (and gain +1 Heat with them)
    • Gain +1 Momentum

PM me your answer.

Geth roll 2d6+0 for Look

Look:
    2d6+0 9 [2d6=5, 4]

uyvfOQy.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    My goodness, so much booking. I'm getting ideas....

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    An undercard storyline with a supernatural element. It's everything a 90's wrestling fan could ask for.

I realized after I posted that Creative isn't actually supposed to share the booking sheet with the wrestlers in World Wide Wrestling (I'm supposed to just say "this is what happens next" to make it seem like no matter what you do was planned all along), but I think posting it should help speed things along, so I'm alright with the mistake this time. Also, it's already become inaccurate, so.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Keep the tapes in circulation.

So I pulled all the IC stuff and put it together in two word documents incase you want to read it without all the dice mechanics, etc.. E1 Pt1 is the promos, E2 Pt2 is the Wrangle.
    This is very rough. Most of it is cut and pasted directly from the material we wrote. Because so much was happening at the same time, some of the posts are cut into pieces so it flows better.

Ep1 Pt1
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8AUgoo8r0UUZnFsWThaZjRST2s

Ep1 Pt 2
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8AUgoo8r0UUa2VxVXBtYXVFZEE

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    edited May 2017
    A UHF network logo fades into a familiar starscape, as a synths and electric guitars begin fill the air

"WRESTLING FANS, WELCOME TO ANOTHER EXCITING EDITION OF TRI COUNTY--"

Chip goes quiet as the ring quickly comes into view, draped in (a few slightly clashing shades of) lush red fabric with golden trim. A massive banner reading "KOSTA TOLOS CHAMPIONSHIP CELEBRATION" hangs from the rafters of the Franklin Pierce Middle School gymnasium TCW Combatatorium, in a way that definitely blocks the view of some of the cheap seats. The TCW World Championship is placed behind glass on a pedestal in the center of the ring. There are musicians in tuxedos (with golden cummerbunds) holding trumpets, and waiting, confused.

The only thing missing... is Tolos.

Instead, Hedley Turner stands in the middle of the ring.

Raucous Randy is furious. "The hell is he doing here! Get the fuck out of the ring, asshole!"
    "Watch your language, Randy, there are children behind you!"

Backstage, Tex puts a hand on Tolos's shoulder from the gorilla position.

"Sorry, kid--last-minute booking change. You know how it is."
    @Reynolds, you're up. Demand an explanation, and take +1 Heat with Tolos. Also, you can choose to Cut a Promo now if you like (and make that roll), or do it after Tolos has Cut His Promo.

Dex Dynamo on
    I AM OK WITH THIS DEVELOPMENT!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    And we're off to the races already, excellent...

Mort laces up his mask, tucking his flask away. The single monitor in the locker room is still in black and white, and the rabbit ears need some adjusting, but he can see Kosta's not in the ring.

"Shit Hed, I told you not to screw with the kid this hard...." He rumbled half to himself. Whatever plans he had for tonight had just gone up in smoke. He swaggered towards the infirmary to make sure he was stocked up on tape, gauze, and the pacifier tequila. He had that sneaking sensation it was going to be one of those nights again.

"Really need to talk to Tex about our appearance fees again..." He thought, the warm haze of his pick me up starting to cotton his head.

Hail Hydra
    edited May 2017
    Turner stands with his arms crossed, a slightly perturbed look on his face, off to one side of the pedestal displaying the TCW World Championship. He's wearing a classy, if noticeably vintage/old/out of style, three piece suit, one of his signature fur coats on top. He's got at least five gold rings on, between both hands, along with equally gaudy cufflinks, matching tie pin and oversized watch. He's obviously All Dressed Up to handle some Serious Business. The crowd have been murmuring and sporadically clapping, cheering and chanting before the show started, but when Hed uncrosses his arms and begins slipping out of his coat, they come fully to life, realizing the action was about to begin.

He steps closer to the apron, holding his coat in one hand as the other lifts some of the celebratory drapery off of the top rope. He makes an odd face at the fabric, before tossing it away from the ring, landing on top of the commentator's table. He brushes off the ropes and lays his coat on the spot he'd cleared, before producing a microphone from his suit pocket. "Welcome, welcome, ladies and gentlemen...to the KOSTA TOLOS CHAMPIONSHIP CELEBRATION!" He says this theatrically, gesturing broadly towards the banner over the ring with his free hand, rings glittering in the lights. Hed chuckles, an amused look on his face. "Wait a minute, folks, there's been a little mistake. Must be a typo or somethin'." He looks around before lifting his eyes up to the banner, lips moving as if he was reading and double-checking it, just to be sure.

"That should really say, KOSTA TOLOS CRIMINAL CONDEMNATION!" He looks down from the banner and into the audience as this draws some cheers. "Last night was a criminal case of championship thievery!" Turner paces to the other side of the ring, grabbing another piece of drapery and shaking it in his fist. "That little punk wants to celebrate a clear cut case of championship grand larceny!?" He flings the fabric away from the ring, this time landing comically across several of the readied trumpets, prompting the confused musicians to try to pluck it away, bumping into each other in their haste.

"I'm proud to say that I fought for every title reign I got. Every time I had the privilege to represent this company. I went tooth and nail for two outta three falls with The Junkyard Rat. I climbed thirty feet up above the ring, onto the scaffolding, to snatch the belt away from "Flawless" Frankie Lawless, right here in <insert current city>." He breaks for cheers, as he stomps back into the middle of the ring, pointing at the championship. "Hell, I wrestled the "Nature Man" Dick Flair for this belt right here, in the back of a pickup truck, when he was still just a Nature B-"

He cuts himself off, shaking his head, obviously getting agitated, even as the crowd gets more excited. "I'm an old man, and I wrestled a long match. I fought hard, and I fought smart, and I fought fair." Turner's hand hovers over the glass case, shaking. "You're in the prime'a your life, kid. Ya got all the talent in the world, and you took a nap while an old man worked his ass off." His hand rests on the case. "An old man you're so worried you couldn't beat, you had to sneak up and attack him from behind." He leaned a little closer to the title, staring down at it, mic held close to his face as he practically whispers.

"What're you so scared of, kid?"

The crowd erupts, as he pulls the glass case off of the pedestal, flinging it out of the ring (where it bounces and is revealed to be plastic, not that anyone notices) and reaching for the title. When-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep1ilHpTvSM

Tuner immediately whirls to look up the ramp, fuming, mic slipped back into his pocket as he starts undoing his cufflinks and unbuttoning his jacket.
    Geth roll 2d6+3 for A Promo To Get Them All Worked Up (Best There Was)

I assume I can spend Momentum or...something...to make that a success? I'm not sure what my high Audience can be used for (Advance?).

A Promo To Get Them All Worked Up (Best There Was):
    2d6+3 7 [2d6=3, 1]

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited May 2017
    Kosta Tolos comes out from behind the curtain, wearing his traditional match outfit, though there was a noticeable change, as Tolos was wearing a new shirt underneath his hoodie that read "GOLDEN AGE". The usually-smug Tolos was on another level as he came out, wearing the most shit-eating grin imaginable.

Tolos raised the mic he was holding to his mouth, but before he could get a word out, the crowd started booing, egged on by Turner in the ring. Kosta was patient, though, and let the crowd do this for a few minutes before finally choosing to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Kosta Tolos Championship Celebration!" The boos returned with more force as Tolos started laughing.

"I'm so happy to see you all came tonight to help me celebrate this momentous occasion, but I want to extend a special thanks to you, Hedley. After all, without you, none of this would be possible."

At this point, Tolos had made it down the ramp to the ringside area. "But Hedley, I'm surprised by your actions here tonight. I mean, ok, I'm not actually that surprised. I can hardly blame you for wanting to be the first here to congratulate me; hell, if I were in your shoes, I'd be in the ring too, hoping to shake my hand. In fact, I'm surprised the whole locker room isn't down here to congratulate me on my victory, so again, thank you Hedley for being a man of integrity."

"But you shouldn't be angry at me for what happened, Hedley. The person you should be mad at is Tex Scrapple. Really, your loss to me is all HIS fault. After all, if he hadn't rigged the drawing to put me in at #1, I might not have been motivated enough to fight through the pain of the sneak attack by Thunder and Lightning. A sneak attack, I should remind everyone, that Tex Scrapple himself was behind. After all, who brought those two into TCW in the first place, and he had all the motivation in the world to try and take me out."

Tolos was now in the ring, standing across from Turner while the TCW World Championship sits between them. "So, from where I stand, we're actually on the same side here, and really there's no reason for us to fight. I know, I know you feel cheated, and I empathize with that, but I'm not the person you should feel cheated by."

"But, I know how to make it up to you. Now, you may notice that I'm wearing this brand new GOLDEN AGE shirt, which for you mouthbreathers in the audience is available to buy at the merch table in the lobby, but for you, Hedley, I want to give you one of these shirts for free. You see, the Golden Age isn't just a personal mantra for Kosta Tolos, but a promise to lead Tri-County Wrestling to greater heights, and I want you to join me on that quest. Together, we can usher in that Golden Age! What do you say, Hedley?"

Kosta then extended his hand expectantly.
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Cutting a Shit-Eating Grin of a Promo

Wait, are promos +Look or +Heat or what? If it's +Look, I'll spend a momentum to make that succeed, but +Heat would give me a higher modifier.

Cutting a Shit-Eating Grin of a Promo:
    2d6+1 6 [2d6=4, 1]

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I'd just like to say you both killed it. Good job, well done.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    @Nirya Cutting a Promo is +Look. So you'll want to spend that Momentum to avoid a botch.

@Reynolds You can spend Momentum to increase your roll (your Audience score earns you Advances, like the one you spent to demand an explanation and get instant heat with Tolos, and I think there's a move that calls for a +Audience roll but I'm not sure). BUT since you start with only 2 Momentum, spending it wouldn't have a point since you couldn't get your score to 10.

You both can choose one of the following:
    • Get booked in a match
    • Add a stipulation to a match
    • Gain +1 Momentum
    • Take +1 Heat with the target of your promo (Hedley, since you're at +4 Heat with Tolos already, you can't choose this option)

So, I'm gonna spend that momentum, and then I'd like to gain that momentum back, just because I think I'm going to have the opportunity gain heat with Hedley at some point later in the show.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Turner has his jacket off and sleeves rolled up by the time Tolos makes it to the ring. He gestures with the mic in his left hand as the other wrestler talks, shouting back at him, although nothing is picked up. He keeps turning to look at the crowd in a 'do you believe this guy?' way. Finally he backs off to his side of the ring, as the displayed belt stands between them.

Hed looked at the offered hand, the brand new T-shirt, and then to the crowd, gauging their reaction. As the boos and no chants start up, the veteran hesitates...before finally shaking the kid's hand. The boos only increase in fervor, as Kosta seems entirely too proud of himself.

A moment later, there's a dull thud picked up over the sound system as Hed clubs his rival over the head with the microphone, sending Tolos scrambling away as the wiley old man begins swinging at him. The boos turn to cheers as "The Golden Greek" is sent hurrying from the ring, obviously incensed by the betrayal and refusal of his merch. Hed is already panting a bit, but still has a hold of his mic.

"You can take your Golden Age and cram it, pal! I bet you'd love it if I just rolled over without a fight, huh?" He shakes his head, waggling a finger. "No way kid. As advertised, tonight's Main Event is a #1 Contender's Match. Featuring the last two legitimate wrestlers in the Regal Wrangle. Brian Eaglehart...and yours truly." Turner grins. "And, just to keep you honest...I'll make things interesting. I know you'd love to see me lose and get me outta your hair. So if you can be a good little boy tonight and keep from stickin' your nose into our match, then I'll sweeten the deal."

He glances around at the crowd again, licking his lips before speaking again. "If I win tonight, then our match will be your title...." He points at Kosta, and then himself. "...versus my career." There's a few shocked gasps from the crowd. "That's right, it'll be a Retirement Match!" Well it'd be his third (fourth if you count that one in Mexico), but still...! Hed drops the mic to a confused reaction from the crowd, some excited and some worried...
    So Hed will add the stipulation of 'Retirement Match' to their eventual title match, using his Pass The Torch move.

His specifically worded qualifications for Kosta play into the setting up of the distraction to try to cause Brian to win that backfires, and Kosta only making his run-in after the match.

Hopefully that all works!

uyvfOQy.png
    @Reynolds that's fantastic. Take +1 Momentum as well, on top of your PASS THE TORCH move.

"Now wait just one goshdarned second!"

Tex Scrapple's music hits from the back, and he steps through the curtain, mic in hand.

"Uh-oh, daddy's here, looks like we're in trouble."
    "Show some respect, Randy, that man--"
    "Yeah, yeah, he signs the checks, don't mean I have to like him."

Scrapple stands halfway down the ramp, directly in-between Tolos and his escape.

"First, Hed--you and me go back a long time, you've done a lot for this promotion, and I'm not happy to hear you throwing around things like retirement matches. But, if you feel that strongly--and you beat Brian in the main event tonight--I'll make that happen."

The crowd cheers--and then goes silent with anticipation as he looms over Tolos (despite being about six inches shorter).

"And as for you, Mr. Golden Age... I wouldn't leave so quickly if I were you. See, I heard all the things you said about me. About how I ordered Thunder & Lightning to attack you. Do you REALLY think anyone hear buys that!?"

The crowd erupts in boos, much to the delight of Scrapple.

"We all know the deal--you ordered an attack on yourself so you could nap your way to a title win. Which, really? Disgraceful. But here's the deal. You want me to set you up? Well, I got a surprise for ya, pal."

Tex gestures to several members of the ring crew, who start taking down the Celebration accouterments... and lining the ring with chairs and ladders.

"You're gonna want to get back in that ring. Because you're in the first match. Against MR. BLACK. In a hardcore match!"

Rumbling industrial music starts to explode out of the back. Scrapple gives a wink, and turns around to walk out.

Ken O wrote: »
    I'd just like to say you both killed it. Good job, well done.
    I'd like to echo this and say everyone in here has done a killer job so far. I'm loving this game to death.

@Dex Dynamo so do I just start narrating the match or are you starting?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    "Dex Dynamo" so do I just start narrating the match or are you starting?
    you can go ahead and start narrating!

Kosta Tolos was too busy yelling at the ring crew and trying to put away some of the implements now surrounding the ring that Mr. Black's entrance went unnoticed. Or rather, Tolos knew he needed a way to give Mr. Black some quick crowd heat. So when Mr. Black made his way down to the ring, Tolos made a big show of turning around right into a series of right hands from Mr.Black, getting the crowd even more fired up.

Tolos knew that giving Mr. Black some kind of rub here early was going to be important, because both Tolos and Black knew this was going to be a rough match for Black. And sure enough, after Irish Whips into the corner, Tolos decided to take over. Tolos rolled out of the ring, knowing Mr. Black was bound to follow with a big dive, and as soon as Mr. Black got to the ropes, Tolos threw a chair directly at Black, halting his momentum.

Geth roll 2d6+1 to Throw a Chair and Be Underhanded (Look)

to Throw a Chair and Be Underhanded (Look):
    2d6+1 4 [2d6=2, 1]

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Ahahahaha can't wait to see how this one fucks up.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    For a split second, you remember hearing Mr. Black talk about this backstage. How cool this spot would be, if someone threw a chair at him and he threw it back. Maybe that's why you did it, subconsciously. Or maybe you just thought it'd pop the crowd. But either way, HE thought you were doing a spot. And he grabbed the chair accordingly. And he threw it back at you.

You BARELY have time to put up your hands before the chair meets your face. You pull them away, and see the blood. You weren't booked to bleed. You'll have to talk about that with Tex.

Mr. Black pauses for maybe a second longer than he should, and then rushes you with a series of punches and forearm strikes, before grabbing a kendo stick and going to work. He knocks you to your knees, throws the cane aside, picks you up, and whips you into the turnbuckle...
    Lose 1 Momentum and gain 1 Injury!

edited May 2017
    In times like this, Tolos is lucky he has secret weapons. As Mr. Black rushes in from the opposite turnbuckle, Tolos quickly executes the dreaded LIONCOCK! Mr. Black runs right into it!
    In case anyone is unfamiliar with the Lioncock, made famous by Chris Bosh, here is a video featuring the move in all its glory (with bonus Kevin Owens!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etotg3S3BeI
    Pretty sure this is an Interrupt Move, but I don't know how it works with NPWs.

WAIT I FUCKED UP I'M USING FIGHTING SPIRIT, which is also an Interrupt Move but I take +1 momentum from my opponent rather than spend 1.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    That move is a shout-out to @Dyvim Tvar, who I am sure is now just jealous that I pulled it out before him.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    That move is a shout-out to Dyvim Tvar, who I am sure is now just jealous that I pulled it out before him.
    jealous-meme-300x224.png

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Actually, when fighting NPWs, you don't have to interrupt really, they'll usually just fight you a bit before the GM hands control back, they don't really make the same moves we do in these games.

Hail Hydra