As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Form Arms And Void

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Form Arms And Void

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• ViRGEViRGE Registered User regular
    It's not so bad. When they release an uber-epic version of nuVoltron in 25 years, he can just buy that.

Bandai is releasing a die cast ultra-articulated version of the Dino Megazord this month. As I was never able to get the original toy as a kid, you can bet your sweet ass I've already pre-ordered mine.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Jesus you might as well just buy Prince Adam and not He-Man.

C-3PO and not R2D2

Bumblebee and not Optimus

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    I had missing robot lions as a kid. Not till you get all 5 do you have Voltron. Naw the one toy I wanted but never got was baby Firefly from Gen 1 mlp. That sucker ain't ever coming out. I would have to buy used versions.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    When I was a kid I made the remaining Voltron limbs out of paper and sticky tape.

It was awful.

I was so happy when we had finally tracked down the rest of the lions at various flea markets.

Sadly the black lion broke one day and the whole thing got thrown out.

But now I have the Soul of Chogokin version and it is the best thing ever~!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • ViRGEViRGE Registered User regular
    Oh nice! It looks great in the pictures. How is it?

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    ViRGE wrote: »
    Oh nice! It looks great in the pictures. How is it?
    It's pretty damn great. Very nice, shiny and decent articulation.

It has a secret extra elbow joint to give it a full 90 degree bend. The torso can be extended to give it a longer torso and has slight ab crunch.

The only issue I have with mine is the sword can become untabbed inside the hand lions mouths.

If anyone ends up getting one, I recommend pushing in the shoulder tabs on the Black Lion all the way to actually lock the connector. I see so many people complain, even you tube reviewers, make this mistake.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • OtieOtie Registered User regular
    I think there's a typo in the second panel:
    "... all you got him is *a* grisly assemblage of ..."

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Get him a Megas XLR figure to make up the difference.

• RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    I remember in the 80's they sold Voltron in three packages, one had the black lion, one had the green and yellow, and the other had the red and blue. I got the package with the green and yellow. I found out a friend had the black, and the red/blue. We got together and made the full Voltron. And then he ran around with it for awhile, then took his three lions and went home. I felt extra ripped off.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I remember Mike talking about this in the last DLC podcast show.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Wr3ckWr3ck WisconsinRegistered User new member
    "This is "Voltro." At best"

So why's the Black Lion gotta be the N? ;-)

• matth431matth431 Registered User new member
    At least with Transformers I could sub in one of the cheaper Protectobots for Superion's leg. Helicopters should count as Aerialbots, right?

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    They really avoided a shitstorm by not titling this comic Black Lions Matter. That might have happened a few years back.

Artereis on
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Wr3ck wrote: »
    "This is "Voltro." At best"

So why's the Black Lion gotta be the N? ;-)

I had the exact same thought but decided maybe it was just me.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    I had one of the reassembled Voltrons back in the day. All Voltron all the time.

• wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    Oh man, flashbacks to my childhood.

My mom once got me five of the Constructicons for X-mas. To be fair, she did realize the other combiners I owned had five bots, so she picked up five different bots for Devastator and assumed it was good.

I was scarred for life.

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Form legs and void?

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    " Form legs and arms... and I'll be the void! Go Voltro! "

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    matth431 wrote: »
    At least with Transformers I could sub in one of the cheaper Protectobots for Superion's leg. Helicopters should count as Aerialbots, right?

Indeed, when they redid the Aerialbots a year or so ago they replaced one of the limbs with one.

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    I don't see it overpriced. It is 36 dollar on amazon. That is not "too" much not to buy love from your children, is it?

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Ilze123 wrote: »
    I don't see it overpriced. It is 36 dollar on amazon. That is not "too" much not to buy love from your children, is it?

Just to be clear, you're only renting it.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Is it 36 dollars for the whole thing, or per piece? Because per piece yeah, that's pretty pricey for a toy

I remember I was a kid I wanted the power rangers megazord toy that is formed of five zords and a dragonzord, but I couldn't afford it.

It was depressing to look up the current price of that exact toy and discover that I still can't.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Tube wrote: »
    I remember I was a kid I wanted the power rangers megazord toy that is formed of five zords and a dragonzord, but I couldn't afford it.

It was depressing to look up the current price of that exact toy and discover that I still can't.

Cue to scene of Tube on his deathbed, dropping a snowglobe and whispering, "Megazord."

dennis on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

To be fair, I don't believe the legacy toyline is still in production.

So whatever's still up for grabs is going to continue getting more and more expensive.

Still kicking myself for not getting in on that when the getting was good.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    poor tube. Poor little kid.

Goatmon wrote: »

To be fair, I don't believe the legacy toyline is still in production.

So whatever's still up for grabs is going to continue getting more and more expensive.

Still kicking myself for not getting in on that when the getting was good.

There's probably an equally good or better version that I could buy, but I've realised that finding out all about the modern world of Power Rangers toys is probably not something I should do

• halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    It will consume you, Tube