As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pin Trading at Unplugged?

EL_Limon_CubanoEL_Limon_Cubano Boston, MARegistered User regular
My guess is Pins will also be a thing at Unplugged. But, any definite word on this or rumors?

drhmrzipmoio.png

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nothing yet as far as I know, but I would be incredibly surprised if unplugged did not have its own pin set.

• Options
    ltgruntltgrunt Registered User regular
    Even on the off chance that there isn't a new pin set for the show, I would expect to see official and unofficial pin trading times and probably at least one pin-related panel.

mkf6ad9.png
  • Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    ltgrunt wrote: »
    Even on the off chance that there isn't a new pin set for the show, I would expect to see official and unofficial pin trading times and probably at least one pin-related panel.

well there's already 1 pin set already.
    Hopefully some companies will have more. Meeples, MTG, etc

• Options
    ltgrunt wrote: »

well there's already 1 pin set already.
    Hopefully some companies will have more. Meeples, MTG, etc

Pin set they offered while badge purchase was the Core 2.0. It's pins but nothing Unplugged specific.

drhmrzipmoio.png
  • Options
    vanner11vanner11 Registered User regular
    I was informed on Reddit via PA staff that there will be Unplugged-specific pins at the show, but I'm still bitter about the Core 2.0 set :p I really don't think they should have been marketing that as "EXCLUSIVE" when it's a set that was released in 2015.

• Options
    thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    I think that a lot of people that trade pins will be attending Unplugged, so even if there aren't a lot of new pins, there will still be a lot of trading.

• Options
    itzzzdaeitzzzdae So. Cali.Registered User regular
    I'm sure they will let boardgame companies to put their hats in to a drawing to have an official Pinny.
    As this is the very first PAX Unplugged, hopefully the Industry will have their own personal pins/swags to hand out.

4rYn4o8.png
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    itzzzdae wrote: »
    I'm sure they will let boardgame companies to put their hats in to a drawing to have an official Pinny.
    As this is the very first PAX Unplugged, hopefully the Industry will have their own personal pins/swags to hand out.

I know that Greater Than Games has had multiple Pinnys, so it's not unprecedented.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    skellerskeller San DiegoRegistered User regular
    There was also a Star Realms pin at this year's West, and quite a few D&D and MtG pins over the years. So lots of tabletop pins.

• Options
    Mark BMark B Registered User regular
    The dice tower will have a pin. I heard this on one of their shows. It will be the cartoon-dice character of Tom Vasel.

• Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    Renegade Games, via their presence in the Direwolf Digital booth at this year's PAXes, has had two pins: One for Clank and the other for Clank in Space. Just throwing those in there since I think that now completes the list of historical tabletop pins in this thread.

• Options
    RJORJO Registered User new member
    Hey guys. This is my first pax and I’m excited to collect some pins. How do you go about collecting them? I’ve seen the list on the map of places that will have them. Will they be for sale? Qty limited?are there pins available via other means? Will the core set etc be sold in the Merch area?

Any other tips for a newb?

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Check the pin quest. It was just posted a few days ago.
    https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2017/11/06/pax-unplugged-pin-quest

The core set is at the merch booth. The limited edition Unplugged is at the merch lite booth.
    Some vendors are giving them away for playing demos of certain games, others are selling.

You can offer to trade with anyone, but there's a time on the schedule for a meetup Saturday 1-3pm.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    RJORJO Registered User new member
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Check the pin quest. It was just posted a few days ago.
    https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2017/11/06/pax-unplugged-pin-quest

The core set is at the merch booth. The limited edition Unplugged is at the merch lite booth.
    Some vendors are giving them away for playing demos of certain games, others are selling.

You can offer to trade with anyone, but there's a time on the schedule for a meetup Saturday 1-3pm.

Thanks! That’s super useful. What is the merch lite booth?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    There are two PA Merch Booths, one inside of expo hall and one out. The one outside is Merch Lite.

• Options
    RJO wrote: »
    Hey guys. This is my first pax and I’m excited to collect some pins. How do you go about collecting them? I’ve seen the list on the map of places that will have them. Will they be for sale? Qty limited?are there pins available via other means? Will the core set etc be sold in the Merch area?

Any other tips for a newb?

Also, be sure to attend the the pin trading panel - "Pinny Arcade Collecting 101" at 10:00am Friday in the Dire Rat Theatre.

• Options
    tasiewbaotasiewbao New York CityRegistered User regular
    The panel starts at 10 AM. The door doesn't open until 10 AM. How does the two work together exactly?

• Options
    tasiewbao wrote: »
    The panel starts at 10 AM. The door doesn't open until 10 AM. How does the two work together exactly?

Since this is a new PAX I don’t know how things will work exactly, but at East, the front doors to the convention center open early - around 8am, and it’s actually the expo hall that doesn’t open until 10. Also, typically, Merch Lite will open at around 9am - this is where you’ll be able to get the Limited Edition pin.

• Options
    tasiewbaotasiewbao New York CityRegistered User regular
    Thanks. Guess I'm getting up early.

• Options
    sibyllsibyll Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    thx42 wrote: »
    tasiewbao wrote: »

Since this is a new PAX I don’t know how things will work exactly, but at East, the front doors to the convention center open early - around 8am, and it’s actually the expo hall that doesn’t open until 10. Also, typically, Merch Lite will open at around 9am - this is where you’ll be able to get the Limited Edition pin.

Any idea where the merch lite booth will be located?

sibyll on
  • Options
    https://guidebook.com/guide/111854/map/109251/

The one by Info Booth is Merch Lite

• Options
    itzzzdaeitzzzdae So. Cali.Registered User regular
    There is an official Pinny Arcade Pin Trading Event on Sat. 1pm-3pm

4rYn4o8.png
  • Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    What happens at the panel?

• Options
    itzzzdae wrote: »
    There is an official Pinny Arcade Pin Trading Event on Sat. 1pm-3pm

Yup, and Panel on Fri.