As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Faeria

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Faeria

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Faeria.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    SecurityRakeSecurityRake Registered User new member
    Glad you were into it! I've been enjoying it since I first encountered it yeeeeaaaars ago at a Pax Prime.

• Options
    Urban AchieverUrban Achiever Registered User regular
    Yeah, 'Nova!

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I wonder how different this would have been if Mike was there to be instantly bored with the game and negative.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Mike isn't in the video and yet you mentally add him in so that you can be mad about opinions that you have imagined for him.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    This looked fun, but also... super, super easy. Wish the tutorial was shorter so they could have gotten more into the actual game.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    Mike isn't in the video and yet we all mentally add him in so that we can be sad about opinions that he has consistently and repeatedly said out loud.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Mike isn't in the video so I didn't watch it.

Bring back Mike!

Actually Tube, I know you help with some of the streaming stuff, do you know if he's going to be showing up in more of the first 15 streams? I generally just watch those now and skip the vids.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    jerodast wrote: »
    Mike isn't in the video and yet we all mentally add him in so that we can be sad about opinions that he has consistently and repeatedly said out loud.

Out of genuine curiosity, why do you watch them, then? I'm not saying this just to rile you up. I'm honestly wondering why you watch videos that make you sad, even when the thing that makes you sad isn't in the video.

• Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    Personally, I watch it for Jerry's opinion. I find him to be more thoughtful about the judgement he casts, and even if something rubs him the wrong way he attempts to understand why decisions were made. They also tend to play games I haven't heard of, so I want to see what they're all about. Unfortunately, they don't do Jerry Plays anymore so this is the only Jerry fix I can get (other than the tabletop stuff, which I watch from time to time but am just not that into). Jerry tends to bring actual value to the episodes that I'm genuinely interested in hearing.

This took me way too long to write because I'm desperately trying to avoid the "THEY'RE DOING THIS FOR FREE" argument. Because that argument is pretty bullshit.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i mean you can make an argument that they're not making it for free but that requires an analysis of the kind of abstract nature of what paid content is in the online age with the ability to reach fans through ads, kickstarter, patreon, donations, and so on

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I just don't care if it's free. I'm allowed to have an opinion.

*edit*
    Maybe that's too harsh. My point is that, when browsing YouTube, I'm presented with tons and tons of content that I personally am not paying for. That doesn't mean I see all these YouTube channels as gifts that I should cherish.

Remington on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    You're certainly allowed to have your opinion. It's a measure of the insane luxury of the modern condition that you are angry at the idea that you won't be able to express your opinion about the content that someone else has paid for you to have, on a platform that the same person is also paying for you to have. The very notion that you will not be allowed to stand in someone's house and shout "I don't like the meal you cooked me!" is seen as appalling.

• Options
    Maybe I've said that in the past, but in this case someone asked for a genuine reason why someone else would keep coming to this house for a meal they don't like. I told that person I actually like most of the meal but one of the sides doesn't still well with me.

Also, the people who are cooking these meals are getting angry about meals OTHER people have cooked, so I'm not seeing how it's much different. If money IS the only factor, I've definitely given a hell of a lot of my money to PA to cook various meals for people.

• Options
    Remington wrote: »
    Maybe I've said that in the past, but in this case someone asked for a genuine reason why someone else would keep coming to this house for a meal they don't like.

No, actually, I asked a specific person for the reason, not people in general. Hence the quoting. It was a person who had already come on to post criticism about it. Watching some free show, not liking it and then not going onto that person's website and criticizing it, I can totally understand. I do that all the time. I simply wanted to understand why I person that specifically said the video made them sad would keep coming back and watching them.

• Options
    Man, you know it's ok to not agree? Why am I being met with so much hostility here? That dude didn't reply to you so I gave what I thought was a pretty respectful reply to a question that went unanswered. Every time this "discussion" comes up (you know, every week) everyone gets super defensive and refuses to actually talk about it when it's clearly worth talking about. If you'd rather just argue about it I'll see myself out, because everyone else seems to have that covered here.

• Options
    Remington wrote: »
    Man, you know it's ok to not agree? Why am I being met with so much hostility here? That dude didn't reply to you so I gave what I thought was a pretty respectful reply to a question that went unanswered. Every time this "discussion" comes up (you know, every week) everyone gets super defensive and refuses to actually talk about it when it's clearly worth talking about. If you'd rather just argue about it I'll see myself out, because everyone else seems to have that covered here.

I think you're reading more tone into this than is there.