As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Re-Riser

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Re-Riser

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    S a v a g e

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I don't understand the phoenix punchline. I'm sleep deprived right now so maybe that's why but could someone explain it?

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I don't understand the phoenix punchline. I'm sleep deprived right now so maybe that's why but could someone explain it?

"Gabe(the character) is dumb" is how I took it.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

Tycho is correct and Gabe still claims he's wrong because Gabe is stupid.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    and/or will not allow Tycho to have even a small victory

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Which is super insulting because Tycho know all about hot birds

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Which is super insulting because Tycho know all about hot birds

This is exactly how I first read the word "hot" in this comic.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Crane your neck.

• Options
    ViridianGamesViridianGames Registered User new member
    Hopefully this will be similar to saying "I don't know why you'd do another Deus Ex without Warren Spector."

• Options
    LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    Better punchline:

Gabe: I'll be reborn as that super hot bird.
    Tycho: The phoenix?
    Gabe: Nah, you're thinking of Jean Grey.

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Like the feeeeeeeeenix

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    I gotta agree with Gabe here, as stupid as that may make me. I've been a huge Joe Mad fan since he was drawing X-Men. Love the guys art, and without his influence it just doesn't feel right.

I'll probably still check it out, the gameplay of Darksiders was pretty cool. I always thought it should have been more popular than it was.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I have to imagine that DS3 is based on Joe's world design and character designs still. And hell, maybe they'll commission some work from him for a potential 4, after Battlechasers comes out.

• Options
    JonKJonK Registered User regular
    Gabe's line in the second panel tastes a little stale. I can already hear the podcast, Tycho embroidering the line and Gabe sort of ignoring it, letting it slide, but not really laughing..? In my mind it's like the 'I'll tick that box' bit in the dad's iPad strip, Somniocide.

Posting this fully aware that even in the case it's right, my opinion might as well be translucent. Just in case it starts to stack up with other such opinions and they nudge the writing in a slightly fresher direction.

Oh and as long as I'm writing, I really enjoyed the Medley podcast. Gabe doing soul searching? For a second I thought it was going to be a "Did that cause you to look inward? It did not." moment, but it wasn't. Just a beautiful moment of friendship between Gabe and Tycho in that conversation. Love you guys, thanks for everything you do.

• Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    >.>

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    maybe gabe means hooh or moltres?

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    maybe gabe means hooh or moltres?

Nah, it's something else.