As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlefield: Bad Company Teaser

2»

• Options
    StollyStolly Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think this deserves a bump, since actual gameplay footage now has become available.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14137

I think it looks very promising, even in that small video.

Stolly on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Nice little developer commentary with lots of gameplay footage on Gametrailers.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24625.html

It looks really really good, IMO. There is some tearing and slowdown evident, but it's still a long way until release, so such things should be ireoned out by then. The destructability looks really nice and promise to deliver something different, gameplay wise, compared to the more linear and cinematic competition like CoD 4.

Stolly on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    yeah, there's some tearing and framerate issues, but that looks really quite fun to play. I think i might try taking down an entire building, just because i can.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So what if its rendered using the game... that could have been tweeked over nad over to look the way it does. Show me that level of detail as i am actually running around, playing the game.

HalfLife 2 was supposedly the final word on physics, modeling everything and its components.. but only on objects they designated as 'special' .. I'll buy this game as fully destructable real physics when I can shoot a tower down 50 ways and have it fall differently each time... as opposed to hitting the legs and having it fall in the same place each time.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    RoundBoy wrote: »
    So what if its rendered using the game... that could have been tweeked over nad over to look the way it does. Show me that level of detail as i am actually running around, playing the game.

There is a four part developer walkthrough on gametrailers as well. That shows the gameplay in more depthl. It really looks like a truly dynamic environment.

Stolly on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Regardless... I bought my 1942, I bought Vietnam, I bought BF 2 ..

and no more. I shun the expansions, I shun poor matchmating. I shun major bugs not getting fixed to focus on expansion work.

BF2 w/ no expansions is from 2005, and i still find a lot of online play...

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    A new developer walkthrough is up at Eurogamer. Nothing that hasen't been showed before though, apart from the ridiculously fantastic view from DICE's office.

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=6267&s=l

Stolly on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    The only trouble is.. people just don't care anymore. The BF franchise really went to hell. I want to play my BF2 & 1942 more... but the online element is just scary to get working.

Teamwork is just not there. Pub servers are crap.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
  • Options
    imbalancedimbalanced Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    RoundBoy wrote: »
    The only trouble is.. people just don't care anymore. The BF franchise really went to hell. I want to play my BF2 & 1942 more... but the online element is just scary to get working.

Teamwork is just not there. Pub servers are crap.

Plus, if you have an SLI setup with a dual-core processor, the game crashes eventually after around 10-15 minutes of play. And EA knows this. Yet they do not fix it. I seriously want to play BF2, but I can't because my computer is too "new."

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The online portions of the game are pretty bad. Gamespy's shitty online service is just... ugh. I love that every possible variation of my username is taken, usually by me for some other game that happens to use the gamespy service.

Brolo on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Looks cool, but I'm not a huge fan of FPS games on consoles. Then again, even if it came out on PC, I avoid EA games for the PC as best I can since bugs there are more common and they always seem uninterested in fixing them.

Doc on