As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Rerolling until you get 5 stars or Hector

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Against my better judgement, I did a pull on the female mage banner in hopes of getting a Sanaki or That's. I currently have zero red mages (Henry and Raigh do not count).

The orb screen pops up, and.. five reds! Amazing!! Gotta pull em all!

No 5 star, no red mage, but I did get my first ever Lonqu. I call that a success - my Ryoma was very hungry for a B skill.

Now to resume hoarding til Radiant Dawn Ike or something.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I wasted all my orbs on the Hector banner but with this orb event thingy I should be able to get more at least for a few pulls. I anticipate disappointment though :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    First 20 orbs gets me +RES -SPD Sanaki.

13 more orbs gets me +ATK -RES Tharja!

Now to figure out how to build her for my team.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i did one pull on the lady mage, and shocking, another 4* palla

camo_sig.png
    Moonbows for everyone!

I wish I can see more Pallas and Hinatas instead of this massive pile of Draugs, Henrys, Raighs, and Stahls.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Moonbows for everyone!

I wish I can see more Pallas and Hinatas instead of this massive pile of Draugs, Henrys, Raighs, and Stahls.

My meat locker is low on Moonbow fodder, but I have plenty of Lon'qu vantage prime cut.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I'm trying to shape an Heavy Metal (aka armor) emblem team, now that I have Hector, I currently have:
    Hector - no assist yet, goad armor buff
    Zephiel - swap assist, no buff yet, 4*
    Effie - smite assist, no buff, 4*
    Sheena - no assist, fortify armor, 4*

I'm currently debating what assists/buffs to put on which units. I'm thinking reposition on Hector, and maybe on Sheena too? I have a Gwendolyn (hone armor) and Draug (ward armor) for their armor buffs, but I keep going back and forth about which one on which.

I've also been thinking of making Sheena a kind of pure support with Reciprocal aid and like renewal or something, but thats probably crazy talk.

Thoughts?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Acheron wrote: »
    Against my better judgement, I did a pull on the female mage banner in hopes of getting a Sanaki or That's. I currently have zero red mages (Henry and Raigh do not count).

No 5 star, no red mage, but I did get my first ever Lonqu. I call that a success - my Ryoma was very hungry for a B skill.

I want a Henry so bad...need Green Tomebreaker for my recently-pulled Julia (final pull on Hero fest banner).
    I'm trying to shape an Heavy Metal (aka armor) emblem team, now that I have Hector, I currently have:

I'm currently debating what assists/buffs to put on which units. I'm thinking reposition on Hector, and maybe on Sheena too? I have a Gwendolyn (hone armor) and Draug (ward armor) for their armor buffs, but I keep going back and forth about which one on which.

I've also been thinking of making Sheena a kind of pure support with Reciprocal aid and like renewal or something, but thats probably crazy talk.

Thoughts?

Personally, for Armor Emblem, you can't go wrong with Swap on every single unit. I've watched a lot of videos and the armor shuffle is really useful. That way, you can get your wpn advantage where you can. Maybe a Reposition would be good to have though. Swap is great because you will stay tightly bunched most of the time anyway.

I think if you want a Support, instead of using Sheena in a sub-par way, use a healer with Live to Serve and Wrys' group heal special.

Of course, armor emblem really shines with multiple distant counters. Here is my current team...and follows is my (realistic) ideal team if I can get some lucky pulls for SI and get another 20k feathers for Effie. Clearly I'd love Sheena to have Distant Counter to be my mage killer, but that's not happening now that hero fest is over. One can dream though!

Current Team:
    Hector - Armads/Pivot/Bonfire/Distant Counter/Wings of Mercy 3/Goad Armor
    Zephiel - Eckesachs/Swap/Reprisal/Distant Counter/Wary Fighter 3/NA
    Sheena - Killer Axe+/Swap/Ignis/NA/Wary Fighter 3/Fortify Armor
    Effie (4*) - Silver Lance/Pivot/Bonfire/Death Blow 2/Wary Fighter 3/NA

Armor Emblem Plan!
    Hector - Armads/Swap/Bonfire/Distant Counter/Vantage 3/Goad Armor
    Zephiel - Eckesachs/Swap/Noontime? (not sure yet)/Distant Counter/Wary Fighter/Threaten Atk 3 or Ward Armor
    Sheena - Killer Axe+/Swap/Ignis/Defiant Res 3/Wary Fighter 3/Fortify Armor
    Effie - Brave Lance+/Swap/Bonfire/Death Blow 3/Wary Fighter 3/Ward Armor

What I need for my plan: 4* Hawkeye for threaten attack, 4* Draug (or 2), 20k feathers for Effie, and some SP for Sheena and Hector. I have a 5* Abel waiting for Effie to eat, once I can promote her.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

Smoogy wrote: »

I want a Henry so bad...need Green Tomebreaker for my recently-pulled Julia (final pull on Hero fest banner).

I have like 5 Henries, want to trade? ;-)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Moonbows for everyone!

I have that too, except for draug

camo_sig.png
    It's funny what people view as trash (Henry and Draug above) are exactly what I really want. Of course, I also want me some Hinatas and Moonbow fodder haha. All mine are at 3* and I hate promoting for the skills, even though I've done it so many times for Moonbow and Fury.

Smoogy-1689

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular

Thoughts?

I have the same armor team, except I happened to have a 5 star Sheena already and I upgraded Zephiel to 5 star. Swap is very useful for the all armor team, but I opted for Pivot on Hector because he is most likely to be used in nonarmor teams too. Pivot helps him get around a lot better than swap I that context.

I have a shitload of Pallas for moonbow, but honestly I'm not real high on moonbow anymore. Often it seems like the proc just doesn't do enough. And there are times the super quick charge works against it, and you can have it charged without being able to use it (like if you're hit by a ranged double).

I chose draconic aura for Ryoma instead of moonbow. No regrets so far. With defiant attack+ special, it's like he hits with 74 attack!

Thoughts?

Personally, for Armor Emblem, you can't go wrong with Swap on every single unit. I've watched a lot of videos and the armor shuffle is really useful. That way, you can get your wpn advantage where you can. Maybe a Reposition would be good to have though. Swap is great because you will stay tightly bunched most of the time anyway.

I think if you want a Support, instead of using Sheena in a sub-par way, use a healer with Live to Serve and Wrys' group heal special.

Wrys' skills unfortunately are for staff users only. :(

Waiting for battle priest. :)

Priests are probably going to get more use thanks to maps with defensive tiles preventing units from getting ORKed if they are bulky enough.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    The high tier female red mages remain as elusive as hell. Would really like one to compliment my Nino and Rein.

steam_sig.png
    Kind of wish there was an armor mage or healer for the forth armor emblem spot

I have a lvl 34 Sheena and a 20 something draug but really don't know how much I want to develop them. Sheena makes sense for the axe but she just feels so lackluster where she is at

camo_sig.png
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I wish Henry was a better character. His voice pack is amazing and i want to make "Oh!" my text message notification. Cracks me up every time.

I have a level 1 4* Henry that i really should level up so I can rep him in the tourney.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I finally caught the levelling bug and have been pushing my units to 40. Impressions:

Ike is ridiculous.
    Tharja (4* +ATK/-HP) feels lackluster. Not sure why everyone is so high on her...
    Same goes for Reinhardt
    Nowi is crazy bulky and a great initiator
    Nino has a ton of utility and is a solid green tome user.
    When Soren can out SPD his opponents, he is a wrecking ball and I'd easily use him over Nino. Too bad mine pulled -SPD so it doesn't happen as often as it should.
    Sanaki is not good.
    Spring Lucina is average at best.
    Ninian is less bulky than I would like, but I'd rather have her as my sing/dancer than Olivia so thats good I guess.
    I really like Zephiel, which makes me even more sad that I never pulled a Hector since Armor Emblem would be a blast.
    Eirika feels really weak and I'm not sure her buffs make up for her deficiencies.

edited May 2017

Thoughts?

I meant to use a staff user instead of Sheena as a healer.

Thoughts?

I have the same armor team, except I happened to have a 5 star Sheena already and I upgraded Zephiel to 5 star. Swap is very useful for the all armor team, but I opted for Pivot on Hector because he is most likely to be used in nonarmor teams too. Pivot helps him get around a lot better than swap I that context.

I have a shitload of Pallas for moonbow, but honestly I'm not real high on moonbow anymore. Often it seems like the proc just doesn't do enough. And there are times the super quick charge works against it, and you can have it charged without being able to use it (like if you're hit by a ranged double).

I chose draconic aura for Ryoma instead of moonbow. No regrets so far. With defiant attack+ special, it's like he hits with 74 attack!

In retrospect, I also wish I'd put DA on Ryoma instead of Moonbow. It's rarely a gamechanger, whereas DA can be. Ahhhh...regrets! Now I have characters like Nowi and Eirika who really want Moonbow, but I have no 4* to give them.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

Thoughts?

I meant to use a staff user instead of Sheena as a healer.

But then that would break armor emblem! I was just thinking that its kinda hard to get all 4 armored units in position to attack, and since Hector already has axes covered I'd try and use Sheena purely in a support role. Though maybe if I get everyone with swap (and maybe pivot on Hector) it won't prove so difficult to get peeps in position.

Thanks all for the suggestions though.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I finally caught the levelling bug and have been pushing my units to 40. Impressions:

Ike is ridiculous.
    Tharja (4* +ATK/-HP) feels lackluster. Not sure why everyone is so high on her...
    Same goes for Reinhardt
    When Soren can out SPD his opponents, he is a wrecking ball and I'd easily use him over Nino. Too bad mine pulled -SPD so it doesn't happen as often as it should.
    Sanaki is not good.
    Ninian is less bulky than I would like, but I'd rather have her as my sing/dancer than Olivia so thats good I guess.
    I really like Zephiel, which makes me even more sad that I never pulled a Hector since Armor Emblem would be a blast.
    Eirika feels really weak and I'm not sure her buffs make up for her deficiencies.

Is your rein a 4* or 5*? At 5* his tome allows him to always attack 2x when initiating. Which also means his special triggers super fast.

steam_sig.png
    McMoogle wrote: »

Ike is ridiculous.
    Same goes for Reinhardt
    Sanaki is not good.

Is your rein a 4* or 5*? At 5* his tome allows him to always attack 2x when initiating. Which also means his special triggers super fast.

4* (+ATK/-HP)

That tome sounds like it might be worth having him be my first 5* upgrade. I've got 40k feathers just itching to be used.

McMoogle wrote: »

Ike is ridiculous.
    Same goes for Reinhardt
    Sanaki is not good.

4* (+ATK/-HP)

That tome sounds like it might be worth having him be my first 5* upgrade. I've got 40k feathers just itching to be used.

He is +ATK? I fully endorse spending half your feathers for this endeavor. My Rein is -ATK and he still does work (I had to put one deathblow to mitigate the loss somewhat)

Steam

Ike is ridiculous.
    Same goes for Reinhardt
    Sanaki is not good.

You need to try Eirika + Nino. Gronnblade becomes unstoppable. My standard arena team is Nino, Eirika, Azura, bonus unit. Nino does all the work. It's not always the best, but it's my go-to cookie cutter squad.

Smoogy-1689

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular

Ike is ridiculous.
    Same goes for Reinhardt
    Sanaki is not good.

You need to try Eirika + Nino. Gronnblade becomes unstoppable. My standard arena team is Nino, Eirika, Azura, bonus unit. Nino does all the work. It's not always the best, but it's my go-to cookie cutter squad.

With Tharja and Nino available with blade tomes, turning Eirika into a buffbot is practically mandatory - she turns them from good mages into one shot terrors.

edited May 2017

Ike is ridiculous.
    Same goes for Reinhardt
    Sanaki is not good.

Right now my Arena team is Ike, Minerva, Ninian, Takumi all 5* and 40 with little to no inheritence yet. Its a really solid all-around team, imo. Ninian might be swapped out for Nowi or Azura (once she is levelled) if I feel like I don't need a dancer anymore.

I'd like to use Eirika but feel like I need to build around her. I think someone here mentioned putting her with Tharja, Nino, and Reinhardt, but mine are all 4*. Once, I have spent the feathers inheriting on my main squad, I'm planning on shifting to boosting those three to 5* where they can really thrive off her buffs.

ObiFett on
    Tharja, Nino, and Reinhardt are all about buffing them and then letting them one-shot everyone afterwards. Reinhardt takes adavantage of superior horse buffs. Tharja and Nino take all buffs and turn them into more damage, double dipping on ATK buffs.

By themselves they aren't too scary, but with support they roll right over everyone.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    What are some recommended pieces of Horse Emblem?

Right now I have 5* Eliwood, Reinhardt, Xander(fury/vantage) with a 4* Gunter. I'm not super impressed with Eliwood, and Xander has yet to inherit a C skill (which still may be a threaten instead of a buff). Is there something I should look out for? Any assist skills worth inheriting?

Steam
    What are some recommended pieces of Horse Emblem?

Right now I have 5* Eliwood, Reinhardt, Xander(fury/vantage) with a 4* Gunter. I'm not super impressed with Eliwood, and Xander has yet to inherit a C skill (which still may be a threaten instead of a buff). Is there something I should look out for? Any assist skills worth inheriting?

I always seem to be recommended Cecilia when building a Horse Emblem team.

Ike is ridiculous.
    Same goes for Reinhardt
    Sanaki is not good.

those buffs are just the passive right? or is it the active buffs

camo_sig.png
    edited May 2017
    Horse Emblem is literally just get a 4* Gunter and Jeagan and then feed them to whoever your best cavalry are for the buffs.

Edit:

The other part of Horse Emblem is:

Red
    Xanders (fancy distant counter sword)
    Eldigan (fancy killer sword)

Blue
    Babyhands (Brave tome)
    Olwen (Brave tome)
    Ursula (give her blade tome)

Green
    Frederick (brave axe builds)
    Titania (emerald axe tank builds)
    Cecilia (give her blade tome)

and even a cavalry healer is viable since you can buff defense well enough they can survive and be healed

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Hmm, I do have a 4* Jagen to spare.

So with Cecilia, the idea is that you give her Nino's tome? I have an extra 4* Nino and a 4* Cecilia. So that would be a 40k investment, or does she do fine with the 4* versions.

Steam
    Horse Emblem is literally just get a 4* Gunter and Jeagan and then feed them to whoever your best cavalry are for the buffs.

Jagen? Really?

Jagen? Really?

4* Jagen has Fortify Cavalry, a +6 DEF and RES buff for fellow cavalry. You don't actually use him, you just take advantage of the superior buff.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

Jagen? Really?

He's got that Fort Cavalry.

I run:

Fort on Xander

Goad on Rein since it's there.

Hone on Titania replacing Gunther

Ward on Clarine because she's secretly the best.

What ends up happening is I usually split into two teams.

Clarine+Xander and Titania+Reinhardt.

Clarine's Ward buffs Xanders already dumb levels of defense, and when he gets out of Quick Riposte range, Clarine comes up and heals, and then get's the benefit of Fort since she'll be tanking a few hits from range possibly.

Meanwhile Rein murders with Hone buffs and Titania has goad for the random blues that show up.

It's a pretty fun setup to play.

edited May 2017
    Ah, went and did it. I have all four of the horse buffs now:

Xander: Fortify Cavalry
    Baby: Goad Cavalry
    Eliwood: Ward Cavalry
    Gunter: Hone Cavalry

I'm not super pleased with Eliwood and Gunter. I'll probably need to either level Gunter up to 5* or get another good green horse.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't have Hone for maximum horsey. I also have to decide between Xander and Eldigan for red unit, as they both have attractive weapons...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    So an example Horse Emblem team would be:

Xanders with Goad Cavalry* (+4 ATK/SPD two range combat aura)
    Ursula with Blade tome and Ward Cavalry** (+4 DEF/RES two range combat aura)
    Frederick with Brave Axe and Fortify Cavalry (+6 DEF/RES buff) / Hone Cavalry (+6 ATK/SPD buff)
    Elise/Clarine/Priscilla with Hone Cavalry (+6 ATK/SPD buff) / Fortify Cavalry (+6 DEF/RES buff)

Giving you full color coverage, a Red and Green front line with up to +10 DEF / RES from buffs, Xanders with ranged counter, Ursula with up to +34 ATK from buffs, and if you give the healer Hone Cavalry then Frederick can ht +10 ATK/SPD using a Brave Axe.

Xanders and Ursula are free heroes. Frederick and horse healers are available at 3-4 stars. The buffs are from 4* Jagens and Gunters, free heroes.

* goad cavalry is only from Reinhardt, a 4-5* unit and has to be 5* to pass it on
    ** ward cavalry is from Eliwood at 4*, Olwen at 5*

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Oh wow, that team looks much better than what i'm running. I need to be on the lookout for a horse healer.

Steam
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    10-5 quest get! Had to use a crazy strategy with Marth, Effie, Kagero, and Spring Camilla involving a butt ton of repositions and pivots :D I moved Effie up first turn and repositioned Kagero to the other side of her so I could move her far left in range of the green mage (always the biggest thorn next to Mist). Then Marth pivots over Effie to kill Titania while Camilla face tanks the blue knight guy. Once Titania and the green mage were out of the way, Effie can move in to kill Ike while Marth moves out. Kagero died to dumb Mist but I was able to use a Light's Blessing last turn to revive her before killing Mist (the mage brought her down to low hp and Mist finished her off) who was the last one standing. I was glad I got it just in time (I was worried since Mist wasn't going down fast and the closest in range was Effie who can't exactly chase her, and even when she did catch up, left her at frigging 1 hp... Thankfully Marth was back in range to finish her off)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
This discussion has been closed.