As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[JRPG] FFXII: The Zodiac Abs

MadicanMadican No faceRegistered User regular
edited July 2017 in Social Entropy++
Surprise ticket is up for GBF. I am weak and picked up Yoda because I am also supremely lazy.

D9yQPjsl.jpg

Saving every crystal and ticket to spark Summer Zooey at a later point and THEN I might actually play the game some. Maybe. Need to see when my crew's random-ass strike time is to try out Yoda.

Talk about Granblue here. Or other JRPGs I GUESS.

Madican on

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Y-yay... Scam gacha time!

Also totally unrelated to mobile games: Legend of Mana is still real good. Started a new file and went through the Jumi quest line. Good stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The last time Mana games came up in discussion, I was REALLY tempted to grab Legend of Mana on PSN

I'd have to dig up my Vita though

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Should I get Nier Automata or P4G? Or both?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Four Tiamat Bolt Omegas ranging from SL 8-10 now. Leveling up skills is such a pain in the neck.

Yoda did some good work on the Hard raids during strike time but Celeste has too much HP to die that easily and ends up at 30% before being really annoying. Leviathan too but he at least went to 10% after the ougi so I could end him quicker. Might just stick Yoda into the SSR Wind team so I'm not plinking those two since the whole idea of having him is speed-farming the things with two Kaguyas buffing my drop rate.

Looking into switching crews. I really just want a better strike time, since the crew I'm in now has theirs from 6 AM to 8 AM PST, which is no bueno for my schedule. If they rank a bit in Guild Wars then that's a bonus, because I do want sunlight stones.

And to cap off the brief play session I finished leveling Cleric so that's all of Row 2 max leveled. Proceeded to unlock Holy Saber and Bishop, though I'm leveling Hawkeye next for the item drop stuff.

Madican on
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

Yes.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Nier is on sale right now I'm seriously too broke to be buying anything.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

Absolutely both.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    And so begins the hours long journey that is the download of P4G over the PlayStation Network...

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    The last time Mana games came up in discussion, I was REALLY tempted to grab Legend of Mana on PSN

I'd have to dig up my Vita though

A worthy endeavor. The vita is still my most played thing and legend of Mana holds up fantastically.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    In Granblue related news, I'm a mere 160-odd Rainbow Prisms away from UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS

mhwahl16o4ai.png

No reliable way to farm them until Thursday daily though

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Finally​ got around to picking up that Odin Sphere remake.

I forgot about dickbag self doubt bird.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So apparently I don't need to advance the story a ton to unlock Primarch fights I just needed to pay a bunch of treasure and now I have the SR Ring of Raphael. This unlocked his fight and I beat two levels for two halos. I don't think I'll be able to get any further than that at the moment because all damage other than Fire is reduced and that's seriously annoying. It does however let me know I can buy the other weapons (missing dragon scales) and then punch Uriel in the face a bunch easy.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Hmm...Digimon World is on sell for 30...

I liked the Cyber Sleuth game but from everything I've seen the gameplay is vastly different.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I want to get Odin Sphere. Why do the good sales happen when I can't spend any money?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I was actually impressed by the Odin Sphere remake.

They did a complete overhaul of the gameplay system and it made the characters a lot more engaging to play than in the original.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    I would have been satisfied with them just fixing the massive slow down, but yeah it seems like they really went the extra mile with it

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Hmm...Digimon World is on sell for 30...

I liked the Cyber Sleuth game but from everything I've seen the gameplay is vastly different.

Digimon World is way, WAY more about raising your Digimon than the combat. The combat is actually very bare bones and you don't even have full control of your Digimon.

I'd recommend looking up a stream or let's play or something before buying it. It's good, but it's a very particular thing that isn't gonna gel with a lot of people.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    whee, look at my baby granblue account, I barely know what I'm doing
    B1TElyy.png

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Odin Sphere's gameplay was great, but I was also a big fan of the storytelling. It felt very... nostalgic. Like a dozen different stories I read when I was younger.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm planning on unloading a bunch of old ps2 games and while most of it is pretty mundane I do have a copy of one Shadow Hearts: Covenant, the best jrpg ever, and I think they're lowballing me on that one

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Odin Sphere's gameplay was great, but I was also a big fan of the storytelling. It felt very... nostalgic. Like a dozen different stories I read when I was younger.

It's based on Norse myth, so that's probably why. Odin's fear, and all that.

Well, all those childhood stories are just based on old myths really.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Jars wrote: »
    I'm planning on unloading a bunch of old ps2 games and while most of it is pretty mundane I do have a copy of one Shadow Hearts: Covenant, the best jrpg ever, and I think they're lowballing me on that one

Whenever I'm not sure about an old game's value I just hit up Ebay and Amazon and see what its going for.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Jurp thread!

Suggestion time!

In 2 months I will journeying to the GLORIOUS NIPPON.

I will be in a plane for many hours. This seems like a good opportunity to play something on my Vita. I have a 3DS but I kinda wanna play something on the Vita just so it's prettier.

I generally don't play games on handheld so there are probably some cool things I've missed.

My current two thoughts are either/both FFIV or FFT. I've never actually beaten either one of those and it seems there's a pretty version for each available on Vita.

Opinions between those? Any other good ideas to suggest that I may have missed on Vita?

I have a really really hard time sleeping on planes so I will be spending most if not all of the hours awake for both directions which means I've got A LOT of time to kill.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Pretty sure the versions of FFIV and FFT you mention are PSP versions. They're still nice though.

There's also FFX of course.
    In 2 months time, Cosmic Star Heroine may be on Vita.
    If FFT is on your list and you haven't played Tactics Ogre LUCT, give that a go.
    The Trails games are favorites of mine, can't remember if you've played those.

I'd still bring the 3DS if you want streetpasses.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Pretty sure the versions of FFIV and FFT you mention are PSP versions. They're still nice though.

There's also FFX of course.
    In 2 months time, Cosmic Star Heroine may be on Vita.
    If FFT is on your list and you haven't played Tactics Ogre LUCT, give that a go.
    The Trails games are favorites of mine, can't remember if you've played those.

I'd still bring the 3DS if you want streetpasses.

Yea I'll probs have the ds on me just in case. Also if I haven't yet finished pokemon.

Between FFT and Tactics Ogre which do you prefer? What do you think the strengths are of each in comparison to the other?

I've watched the Cold Steel games and Trails in the Sky I have but didn't really enjoy it.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    FFT is basically TO with the limiters on.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I'm not really into Tactics games myself, I've just heard that TO is a great game. One of the best tactics games ever, if not the best.

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN WYBORN?!

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Coming from a guy that doesn't like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together is phenomenal.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Coming from a guy that doesn't like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together is phenomenal.

What makes it superior for you?

How is the story stuff?

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Wyborn wrote: »

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN WYBORN?!
    Tactics Ogre is good

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    The story is what makes Tactics Ogre good

The gameplay is fine to good, depending on the version, I like the gameplay in the PSP remake quite a bit, but you play TO for the branching story

• Options
    I'm of the strong opinion that Matsuno does his best stuff when he's not attached to Square. The Ogre setting is really good, and it don't pull its punches.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »

What makes it superior for you?

How is the story stuff?

The story stuff is so good.

Gameplaywise: I really like the stuff TO does with leveling. Individual characters don't gain levels, classes do -- so if you have a soldier, wizard, and cleric in the battle then the soldier, wizard, and cleric classes will gain experience at the end of the fight. Individual units get skill points so there's still customization, but skill points are just distributed evenly at the end of a fight instead of based on what a character does so getting new people out on the field is really easy because their level will already be high and they'll be able to get skill points no matter what they do.

It also has a really neat in-game save state function basically, where you can rewind up to the last forty turns of a fight in case something went pear shaped.

Also very easy to see all the paths on a NG+ as you can jump to various branching points.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »
    whee, look at my baby granblue account, I barely know what I'm doing
    B1TElyy.png

You got cordelia so at least you got the best character in the game

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I have to farm so for so many light magna gunz and I'm so not looking forward to it

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    TO LUCT also has the usual excellent Matsuno team UI, music, and sound design.

And I think the localization was headed by Joseph Reeder of AOKajiya, Alexander O. Smith's localization company.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I defeated the Dah'Ren Mohran in MH4U

Man, what a cool looking monster.

Now, to decide if I want to bother trying to get the wyvern gem...

• Options
    Oh man multiple paths... some of the stuff seems cool. Like the classes and the look of the game. But I'm really not that into multiple paths. Especially if that's like required to really see all the story? Unless they are all separate and self contained.

How does that all work?

This discussion has been closed.