As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Rerolling until you get 5 stars or Hector

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    so as far as stacking buffs, you need one of each right goad, ward, hone, fortify or will multiple versions stack with each other?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    So the rule is out of combat buffs only count the biggest buff, but you can have as many "in-combat" buffs as you want.

Hone ATK, Hone Cavalry, Desperate ATK, these are all buffs and only the largest one is counted.

Spur ATK, Deathblow, Durandal's +4 ATK, Goad Cavalry, etc. are all in combat bonuses and you can stack as many as you want including duplicates.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Skill_Interaction

apparently as long as they don't affect the same stats you can have multiple hones/fortify like hone and fortify armor. along with Goad armor and ward armor

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    If it's a proper field buff, it will turn your stat green for a turn and only the highest one applicable will be used, so it doesn't stack on the same stat.
    If it's a temporary combat aid, there will be no stat change indication on your character's info but they will stack on the same stat so long as you have multiple.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    This Reddit post has a lot of good info on buff stacking: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5y4hrl/buff_stacking_guide_for_new_players_a_list_of_all/

In a lot of the builds for armor emblem, I've seen 1 Goad Armor and 3 Ward Armors. Since Combat buffs stack, and with armor emblem you will be tightly bunched, they are better than Fortify/Hone type buffs. But I'm going with a mixture because I don't have any Draugs anyway.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    Horse emblem wants the field buffs though because of how easy it is to keep them up and from time to time you will move 3 units out and away from your combat buffs.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Horse emblem wants the field buffs though because of how easy it is to keep them up and from time to time you will move 3 units out and away from your combat buffs.

Particularly if you're using a blade tome, since the blade tome's ability applies only to field buffs.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Man I love 1.5x EXP days.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    McMoogle wrote: »

I actually don't...I'm trying to level slower! Need SP more than XP.,,,

Well, bonus XP is good for non-5* leveling though.

Closing in on that new post smell.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »

While I see what you're saying i think it's more a perception thing than anything else. Its not like you get more SP for killing people between 10-30 than at 40, either way the max SP you get is 3.

So whether you level slowly or level quickly, in the end you're still killing the same number of people to get the SP, assuming you get max SP per kill. I suppose in the end you may end up using more stamina to get the same amount due to the cost of higher strata.

I could be wrong, haven't done the math or anything, its just my first glance thoughts on the topic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    About the new thread, I don't think @MNC Dover plays any more, so someone else probably needs to make a new thread (not it!).

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Smoogy wrote: »

While I see what you're saying i think it's more a perception thing than anything else. Its not like you get more SP for killing people between 10-30 than at 40, either way the max SP you get is 3.

So whether you level slowly or level quickly, in the end you're still killing the same number of people to get the SP, assuming you get max SP per kill. I suppose in the end you may end up using more stamina to get the same amount due to the cost of higher strata.

I could be wrong, haven't done the math or anything, its just my first glance thoughts on the topic.

It's just a lot easier to kill people at the lower levels, so mucking around on the way to 40 is where I get more SP. Once I'm at 40, I hate going in just for SP (so, yes, could be a perception thing). that was why the double SP event was so fantastic.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Leveling Xander to lvl 40 two times during the double SP event was pretty freakin beneficial. Dude has inherits in every slot (except weapon) all purchased with about 300 SP to spare.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I really like Drag Back for at least one front line cavalry unit, it lets your ranged cavalry feast on whoever you pulled back while making the enemy team have to stretch out to try and respond.

Xander in particular has been great since he can retaliate against ranged units that can reach him after he drags off their teammate.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    I really like Drag Back for at least one front line cavalry unit, it lets your ranged cavalry feast on whoever you pulled back while making the enemy team have to stretch out to try and respond.

Xander in particular has been great since he can retaliate against ranged units that can reach him after he drags off their teammate.

Wouldn't reposition be better for xander? Since it would leave him in front

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm talking about the B skill that pulls the enemy unit you attacked back a square.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I'm talking about the B skill that pulls the enemy unit you attacked back a square.

Drag Back is pretty good, but I hate the thought of NOT having Vantage/Quick Riposte on someone with Close/Distant Counter.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

Drag Back is pretty good, but I hate the thought of NOT having Vantage/Quick Riposte on someone with Close/Distant Counter.

I don't use horse emblem for Arena so it isn't as much of an issue.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I'm not sure how to tell what terrain gives defense bonuses. There's nothing to tap on and I don't see the character's defense visibly go up or anything...

These new Defensive Battles are just a little ridiculous. Stuck on a tiny platform that guarantees the enemies can all attack you freely each turn since they can stand out of range and then move in on their turn. Is there a tank mage about to be added to whale for or what?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to tell what terrain gives defense bonuses. There's nothing to tap on and I don't see the character's defense visibly go up or anything...

These new Defensive Battles are just a little ridiculous. Stuck on a tiny platform that guarantees the enemies can all attack you freely each turn since they can stand out of range and then move in on their turn. Is there a tank mage about to be added to whale for or what?

I mean, with damage reduction and high defense I think you'd shrug off most attacks on those spaces. The defensive terrain all seems to have a border around the tile(s).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Defense feathers now go up to 900.

Under the new arena changes I'm trading 300-500 feathers for 3 orbs, though this'll vary for everyone.

Doesn't look like getting to Tier 17 will be difficult (rank 99 in Tier 14 with a current cutoff of 734 for top 5%) but it'll be a bloodbath next week, and a real struggle to get and stay in Tiers 19/20.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    In a moment of weakness, I spent about twenty-five orbs on mage banner. Who needs to get to 500 orbs anyway am I right : (

4 Star Subaki for Quick Riposte and 4 Star Nino. First Nino and she's +Speed, -Res. Honestly probably happier with her than getting Julia, but now I'm not sure about my feather situation. Was going to do Olivia and Anna to 5 Star, with 20,000 saved for a rainy day, but Anna might be a hard sell over Nino.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I know I said earlier when I got Ike that he was insanely good, but now that I've built him up, good lord, he's ridiculous.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Maybe even...ridIKEulous? Muwahahahaha!

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    In a moment of weakness, I spent about twenty-five orbs on mage banner. Who needs to get to 500 orbs anyway am I right : (

4 Star Subaki for Quick Riposte and 4 Star Nino. First Nino and she's +Speed, -Res. Honestly probably happier with her than getting Julia, but now I'm not sure about my feather situation. Was going to do Olivia and Anna to 5 Star, with 20,000 saved for a rainy day, but Anna might be a hard sell over Nino.

Olivia doesnt gain much from 5*. I think the only new skill is Silver Sword+.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    These new fortress maps are seriously fuckin with me and my basic strategic priorities. It's gonna take some time getting used to for sure.

• Options
    Correct. Olivia is a great unit to leave at 4*. People that push her to 5* then get crazy with inheritance and completely remake her, usually with a ruby sword.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    These new fortress maps are seriously fuckin with me and my basic strategic priorities. It's gonna take some time getting used to for sure.

i kind of feel like they are a red herring. maybe leave them as a fall back position but you can be kind of vulnerable for most of them

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Nowi, Hector, Ryoma, Zephiel with Distant Counter. Fortress maps rock :)

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Holy shit I love these defensive tiles.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    mts wrote: »

i kind of feel like they are a red herring. maybe leave them as a fall back position but you can be kind of vulnerable for most of them

Like they are...kinda?

But units with good defense in certain situations become nigh unkillable. And the reduced damage on those tiles instantly make healers more viable since they too benefit.

Also got another deathless run, but actually had to give swap on Xander and level a few SP skills on certain characters for it to happen.

It was fuckin hair raising the entire run.

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Arena is vastly different with defense tiles. The nuker mages aren't as scary, and Heroes like Kagero who were huge one shot threats can be handled safely. Distant/close counter are at even MORE of a premium (if you can believe that...).

It's made me really rethink my defense team too. Now I switched to all bruisers with as much distant counter as possible. Ephraim, Ike, Ryoma, Hector. If I put Linde in and she doesn't nuke someone turn one, she gets rekt instantly, so here's hoping team beef does better!

I love the defense challenge maps too. Skills like renewal and breath of Life can really shine. It brought back that more tactical feel of the larger fire emblem games.

• Options
    Holy shit I'm rank 589 which qualifies for tier 17.

Looks like I'm not the only one struggling for deathless runs on the new maps now.

I mean I'm 100% not staying that high but at least I know I'm gonna be in my current rank at worse.

• Options
    I managed to stumble through a 1 death run before work this morning, with a team of reinhardt, julia, olivia, and felicia. The new fortress tiles are really interesting. Spent at least one mission running from Takumi until he landed on a non fortress tile (it was that map where like the entire center is fortress). Babyhands actually can't one shot Takumi while he is on those tiles, and i had no other way of dealing with him.

It's a neat addition. I just hope I can actually get a defense this week. About to give up on it.

Steam
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I've been playing this game a bit while visiting my mother in the hosptial. I lucked out and got a 5* Azura, which is supposedly really good. Is there anything special I have to do to assign my 'leader' unit?

Also, my friend code is - 1330585973

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I've been playing this game a bit while visiting my mother in the hosptial. I lucked out and got a 5* Azura, which is supposedly really good. Is there anything special I have to do to assign my 'leader' unit?

Also, my friend code is - 1330585973

its the first unit on the team in the far left circle

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Just took on a team of Hector/Ike/Takumi/Azura and had no deaths purely because of defensive tiles.

I like the addition.

• Options
    I wonder if dancers are much less useful on defense now. Probably going to take mine out and run either:

-Vantage/Fury Nowi, Vantage/Fury Xander, Julia, Babyhands
    -Xander, Babyhands, Eliwood, Gunter

for defense.

I'm even more sad that I couldn't get Hector to complete armor emblem now.

Steam
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I couldn't get Hector either, but at least I just pulled a Linde on only my second blue stone today.

...and I forgot to check her IV before leveling.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Holy shit I'm rank 589 which qualifies for tier 17.

Looks like I'm not the only one struggling for deathless runs on the new maps now.

I mean I'm 100% not staying that high but at least I know I'm gonna be in my current rank at worse.

What score and what tier? T15? I'm at:

4826 - Rank 135 (of 1,135 in bracket, 22,714 total) - Tier 14

Tier 17 being the last one you can skip tiers to get to, it's going to be a clusterfuck next week. I don't think anyone can be in Tier 18 or higher yet.

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
This discussion has been closed.