As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Hey folks! I'm still good for tomorrow and all but I just received news I'm getting sent back to Japan next week, and I'll be gone for 2-6 weeks. So maybe I'll just be a part-time adventurer? Or you can replace me and I would totally understand. Let me know which you'd prefer.

godmode on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    well, we'd still have four people so I think it would work mechanically?

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    godmode wrote: »
    Hey folks! I'm still good for tomorrow and all but I just received news I'm getting sent back to Japan next week, and I'll be gone for 2-4 weeks. So maybe I'll just be a part-time adventurer? Or you can replace me and I would totally understand. Let me know which you'd prefer.

Boo! Shouldn't be an issue, though. 3-5 players is a good match.

Rainfall on
    If we could end every session with Vorlen getting hit in the head and knocked unconscious, I think we could easily roll it into part of the larger story.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    If we could end every session with Vorlen getting hit in the head and knocked unconscious, I think we could easily roll it into part of the larger story.

If he's under 120 lbs., Tusk can haul him around in a sack without hitting his encumbrance limit! At the beginning of every adventure where you're there, "Hey, think we need the necro guy? Yeah, OK, lemme find where I stashed him..." *Shake* *Shake* *Shake* *THUMP*

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    The old "i'll stay behind and watch the cars" party member.

It's not too late for me to pick up vehicle proficiency!

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    so when is this happening tomorrow

Miss me? Find me on:

Dubh wrote: »
    so when is this happening tomorrow

6:30 PM MST!

are we using roll20 voice chat?

Miss me? Find me on:

Dubh wrote: »
    are we using roll20 voice chat?

That seems to be the simplest solution! It can be spotty so if there's issues I'll come up with an alternative for later weeks.

I spent a little bit of time uploading tokens and such to roll20.

Downside, this cold I got is kicking my ass and I'm going to nap for a bit.Should still be up in time for game!

I spent way too long this morning looking for my dice before remembering that we're playing online.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Just did a final pass on the sheet @Rainfall

Angus McDougall

pre-game warning, i am pretty gassy eh tea em, so if i'm silent it's because i am actually being loud.

I'm in Roll20 now fiddling with my microphone settings, is there already a listing for this game?

edited May 2017
    An excellent first session! One Neogi down, six regular humans rescued, and only one home was set on fire by General Sparks the Arsonist Dog!

General Sparks remains silent when Speak With Animals is used in order to avoid incriminating himself, on the advice of his lawyer.

Rainfall on
    His lawyer presumably being the voice of Satan in his head compelling him to perpetrate acts of destruction?

It is a mystery

Also, had a great time, and looking forward to further adventures with you all!

Also also, I don't know if I mentioned in chat, but for a starting time of 6:30PM on a weekday, my absolute play limit is 4 hours, and then I've got to be in bed by 10:30 for work. I'd imagine everyone else will typically want to break for the evening earlier than that, most of the time.

Also also also, if anyone wants character sketches, my physical therapist says getting in some daily drawing time is good for my busted arm! So send me some details and I'd be happy to scribble something up!

I can't imagine our sessions will go much past 2-3 hours, so that shouldn't be a problem!

is it weird i kind of want a sketch of General Sparks, The Arsonist Dog than i do for my own character?

I picture him as something like an larger airdale in a leather harness for carrying stuff, and a burning desire for fire.

No one knows how he starts fires. Theories include failed experiment to bind a fire elemental to a dog, a Faustian bargain gone ever more wrong, and polymorphed red dragon. Elidana doesn't really care, he is real soft on the hand and she finds the smell of smoke comforting.

I would LOVE character sketches

Miss me? Find me on:

Spent part of my lunch break meticulously entering combat values into roll20 for every variant of my carried weapons (greatsword, javelin, handaxe, warhammer, unarmed, rage, no rage, melee, thrown, 1 hand, 2 hand, off hand), and fiddling with them until I knew they were getting all my crap right, especially with regards to bonus crit damage from being a Half-Orc which is something I've forgotten to factor in far too many times in other games.

Anyway, I can't remember which one of you was the other in the chat last night after everyone else had left also trying to figure out how to do damage rolls, but once the roll to hit pops up in the chat window, you can click on the name of the attack and it will roll damage.

Also, got started sketching General Sparks, who is a Good Dog (even if he does Bad Things). For other sketches, some rough details would be helpful. Especially for Dubh's Lizardfolk... there are a lot of different ways to Lizard, and I want to make sure I'm aiming for the right one.

That was me, thanks a bunch. I'm off to the Poconos for a bachelor party weekend and I know it would have bugged me the whole time.

It's the Winner of the Best Boy Award six years running: General Sparks, The Arsonist Dog. Love or hate his sporadic fires, there is no doubt that he is The Good Boy.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    It's the Winner of the Best Boy Award six years running: General Sparks, The Arsonist Dog. Love or hate his sporadic fires, there is no doubt that he is The Good Boy.

Nobody asks why the other entrants in the Best Boy Award have all decided to spontaneously combust for the past six years.
    These things just happen to some good boys who aren't the Best Boy.

hey now, that only happened once.

Spent part of my lunch break meticulously entering combat values into roll20 for every variant of my carried weapons (greatsword, javelin, handaxe, warhammer, unarmed, rage, no rage, melee, thrown, 1 hand, 2 hand, off hand), and fiddling with them until I knew they were getting all my crap right, especially with regards to bonus crit damage from being a Half-Orc which is something I've forgotten to factor in far too many times in other games.

Anyway, I can't remember which one of you was the other in the chat last night after everyone else had left also trying to figure out how to do damage rolls, but once the roll to hit pops up in the chat window, you can click on the name of the attack and it will roll damage.

Also, got started sketching General Sparks, who is a Good Dog (even if he does Bad Things). For other sketches, some rough details would be helpful. Especially for Dubh's Lizardfolk... there are a lot of different ways to Lizard, and I want to make sure I'm aiming for the right one.

an female iguana would be a good reference to start with - no weird dewlap hanging from her jaw or whatever, generally a sleeker look if you don't count the spines

she also has two fins on the side of her head, right in front of her ears

Miss me? Find me on:

i have been trying to not make a new mexico whiptail joke for a while now, and i will continue to not do so.

but, i just had to put that out there, because my brain is a terrible place.

so, things still good to go?also are we getting a temp for tony or are good with 4?

4 will be fine, no need to get a temp. Honestly 3 works fine in 5E as long as the action economy doesn't get too skewed
    And we should be good to go!

Yeah, and we've got a pretty solid spread of capabilities with the four of us left. We should be fine.

Provided the Neogi don't notice that one of us has obviously shitty mental saves and brain hack him to flip out and murder everyone.

Ha ha!

Ha!

Yeah, and we've got a pretty solid spread of capabilities with the four of us left. We should be fine.

Provided the Neogi don't notice that one of us has obviously shitty mental saves and brain hack him to flip out and murder everyone.

Ha ha!

Ha!

well, we burned the hat and shirt you had with that printed on it, so we might be fine?

Ha ha!

Ha!

well, we burned the hat and shirt you had with that printed on it, so we might be fine?

Just HOW shit we talking here? Like, Bless 1d4 gives you a fighting chance, or I feel really glad I prepared Hold Person?

iguanacus wrote: »

Ha ha!

Ha!

Just HOW shit we talking here? Like, Bless 1d4 gives you a fighting chance, or I feel really glad I prepared Hold Person?

Well... my wisdom save doesn't actually have a negative modifier, at least.

Two more hours! I don't want to be at work any more, I want to be chopping up Spider-Snakes!

Heck yeah two hours! Get those chopping hands ready!

make sure you go sashimi thin on those slices

for no reason whatsoever

Miss me? Find me on: