As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, May 9, 2017 - Can You Hear Me

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, May 9, 2017 - Can You Hear Me

Can You Hear Me

Can You Hear Me

http://campcomic.com/comic/426

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    Kids these days with their fancy phones... >:C

• Options
    OtterinmywaterOtterinmywater Registered User new member
    Only discovered this comic yesterday; ended up binge reading the whole thing at work. Now I want to play Psychonauts for some reason...

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Haha I laughed really hard at this.

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    @OTTERINMYWATER: Welcome!

• Options
    R3testR3test Registered User regular
    @OTTERINMYWATER: Great! Now, go back and hunt down all the cats (starting with the crate they got)!

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Only discovered this comic yesterday; ended up binge reading the whole thing at work. Now I want to play Psychonauts for some reason...

Welcome to the world of Camp Weeedonwantcha. Enjoy the cats.

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    aw, jeez! I wanted, really wanted to find out why stamp collecting isn't boring -- now, I'll never know.

• Options
    Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    @hajen

I collected them for years (Belgium from the beginning up to the second world war). Stamp collecting is not boring because it is a hunt that is never over. The collection is never complete. there is Always a stamp on the horizon you need to have. it is the thrill of the hunt (a very safe hunt in nice warm buildings with lots of coffee)

Ilze123 on
  • Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Ilze123 wrote: »
    @hajen

I collected them for years (Belgium from the beginning up to the second world war). Stamp collecting is not boring because it is a hunt that is never over. The collection is never complete. there is Always a stamp on the horizon you need to have. it is the thrill of the hunt (a very safe hunt in nice warm buildings with lots of coffee)

Yep, this is more or less what Steven was gonna say.

• Options
    nosiwodanosiwoda Registered User regular
    @Ilze123 ...unless you're a Hemulen.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemulen
    "In the beginning of Finn Family Moomintroll, a hemulen who is a keen stamp collector is depressed, as he has every stamp on the face of earth and has lost the purpose in life. Later on, he finds a new purpose: to collect plants. "

• Options
    SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    I'm always amazed by the plethora of abstract information given in the camp comments. Thank you nosiwoda for helping waste a couple of hours on wiki reading about the Finnish (but in Swedish) series The Moomins (Mumintroll). I now have no idea what I was doing before and I think my mind is leaking out my ear.

• Options
    SIXyt wrote: »
    I'm always amazed by the plethora of abstract information given in the camp comments. Thank you nosiwoda for helping waste a couple of hours on wiki reading about the Finnish (but in Swedish) series The Moomins (Mumintroll). I now have no idea what I was doing before and I think my mind is leaking out my ear.

Tove Jansson has beautiful, whimsical art. I didn't really know about The Moomins, vaguely aware but never looked at, until a while ago and it's a just beautiful.

• Options
    davidhbrowndavidhbrown Registered User regular
    @Otterinmywater ... huh, Psychonauts. Wow, I haven't looked at that game in years, but there's definitely a stylistic similarity. But I'm not sure (unless Katies says otherwise) that it's an influence more than a natural convergence: big-headed-kid = more room for expression, and where better to get a bunch of humorous/bizarre kid stories than at a summer camp?

• Options
    I'd actually like Katie to school us in animation. I know big heads=cute from Preston Blair's guide. I'd assume most kids are drawn that way to not only distinguish them from adults but it makes emoting a lot easier.