As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Miniature

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Miniature

Tycho and Ryan play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Miniature.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Great episode! Ryan seems like's he's going to be a good fit.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm kind of interested to see where this game goes later because at the beginning stages it looks pretty but pointless.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I'm kind of interested to see where this game goes later because at the beginning stages it looks pretty but pointless.

In some ways, it reminds me of the game Framed. Only it's scaled down a lot in ambition, lacking the cool sense of actually playing with alternative outcomes.

• Options
    foodlefoodle Registered User regular
    It would be cool if the game evolved into what they initially thought was the goal (to solve some kind of mystery revealed in the scene). If it's just put the scenes in order, that's not as interesting or challenging.

• Options
    DasilodaviDasilodavi Registered User regular
    I agree that this looks like it could get cool, but the first 15 minutes don't really excite me. I'd certainly play this idly, like it was a cell phone app game or one of those hidden object games, but I wouldn't be telling stories about it to my friends.

I can't help but wonder what Mike would've thought, though I would suspect he'd be "less than impressed." This one made me realize that Jerry views these games as their future perfect selves, what they could be, until the game shows him what it ultimately is. Mike on the other hand (usually) immediately sees what the game isn't, and judges the game based off what it could have been.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    'Forensic miniature photography' seems like a weird genre.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    'Forensic miniature photography' seems like a weird genre.

It makes you wonder if the developer was already doing this long before they made a game out of it...