As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] One Shining #Knickstape

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Definitely looks like Oubre just ran right into Kelly's shoulder and then fell.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Lmao, after rewatching that Olynyk screen video a couple of times, the title of the video should be "Isaiah Thomas blatantly carries the ball while some other stuff happens in the background"

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Draymond on the floor clutching his knee.

Congratulations Cleveland.

Never mind I guess. Dunno why he would even come back here given the score.

Maximum on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Is he dead

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Smasher wrote: »
    Kelor wrote: »
    I'm not super familiar with the scheduling for the playoffs, but is there a reason that the Celtics/Wizards match ups started before both the teams that went 4-0 had their second series start?

Is it just because they played first so they start the second round first?
    The Jazz didn't finish their 1st-round series until two days after the Celtics and Wizards finished their respective 1st-round series, so it's not surprising Celtics/Wizards started before Warriors/Jazz.

As for Cavs/Raptors, I'm less sure about that. I've been looking around and I think the answer revolves around TV deals and requiring a doubleheader on Sunday, April 30. Only one 1st-round series (Jazz/Clippers) remained, which was one of the two Sunday games, and I guess the networks wanted to (or had already committed to?) have Cavs/Raptors and Spurs/Rockets on Monday. Given that, and since nobody wants back-to-backs during the playoffs, the only available series left to play the second game on Sunday was Celtics/Wizards.

Thanks for replying, I'm not into things heavily enough to pick it up but I was curious about it.

Draymond has been playing really well, but he's been monstrous on shooting threes in the playoffs.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Lmao, after rewatching that Olynyk screen video a couple of times, the title of the video should be "Isaiah Thomas blatantly carries the ball while some other stuff happens in the background"

Every play with an IT stutter step could go into an NBA training video for most obvious carries.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Smasher wrote: »
    It wasn't an elbow to the face, though it looked that way from the initial video I saw. Here's a different one that shows it more clearly. That said, I still can't tell whether his shoulder hit his face.

It was definitely a moving screen and it was the second time he did it in the game. Olynyk seems to generate a lot of questionable contact that I think since the Love injury has not gone unnoticed by a lot of players around the league especially in Washington. With his natural or unnatural play style and Brad Stevens ramping up physicality in this series Olynyk has become a full on goon as far as I'm concerned.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Maximum wrote: »
    Oh, well he has a pair of slippers for only $220. I'll buy them instead.
    LaVar also defended the $220 price of the sandals his company is selling with Lonzo's new logo on them.

"Prada and Gucci is selling theirs for what they want," LaVar said. "Ours is better than that. It feels better."

This fuckin' guy

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I hope this publicity stunt is worth it

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    For the record I have no interest in defending Olynyk, I was just responding to the claims that it was an elbow to the face.

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Oh, well he has a pair of slippers for only $220. I'll buy them instead.
    LaVar also defended the $220 price of the sandals his company is selling with Lonzo's new logo on them.

"Prada and Gucci is selling theirs for what they want," LaVar said. "Ours is better than that. It feels better."

This fuckin' guy

Dude is fucking nuts. God know what he'll do if his son turns out to not be the second coming of christ on the NBA court.

Pellaeon on
    Toronto thought fouling and shoving LeBron was a viable strategy because they don't realize he's a terminator sent back to lift the Cleveland curse but eventually destroy is all

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    another blowout

I checked the score, walked away to do something, and like 4 minutes later Washington had scored 20 to boston's zero.

This is a weird series.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It'll be nice once Lonzo joins a team and can be his own man and he can tell his father to back off if he chooses.

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Draymond calling another player dirty? That's nuts!

KD and Russ are friends again

Operation: Get KD a ring, continues

I mean, he's not wrong.

Olynyk is a super dirty player, maybe the worst in the league. He intentionally tries to injure people on the regular.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I'm not saying he's wrong I'm saying he's a hypocrite.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I'm not sure I think Olynyk is the dirtiest player in the sense of a football or hockey player who intentionally goes out to injure someone. I think there's a big difference between pulling someone to the floor on purpose because you've lost control of trying to cover them vs kicking someone in the nuts.

I think that he is a player who is asked to cover others way above his abilities and he cuts corners and resorts to sneaky methods to try to make up for it - and is often not caught. I think our bench has been a huge issue this season and our reliance on KO is just one part of it. He's on the list of folks I'd like to see vanish in the off season (along with Zeller, Johnson, Young, and maybe Jerebko who hasn't been the same since breaking his nose).

I'm 40 years old, have bad knees and am overweight but I could almost keep up with the game when Zeller, Jerebko and KO are in the game at the same time.

Lindsay Lohan on
    Olynyk ends up in far too many questionable positions to just be a doofus. I believe it's a combination of sloppiness and gamesmanship that tends to lead to dangerous situations.

Except the play on Kevin Love. That shit was just dirty and inexcusable.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Dhalphir on
    That was some ballsy defense by Manu. Hope Leonard's ankle is ok

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Who's excited for the NBA combine!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Can't wait to see prospects 15-60 run through drills!

Kawhi is out for game 6

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Kawhi is out for game 6

Warriors Rockets it is

edit: *looks at score* or not if LMA has finally showed up for the postseason...

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Kawhi is out for game 6

Warriors Rockets it is

edit: *looks at score* or not if LMA has finally showed up for the postseason...

Well you see, Harden decided that with Kawhi out, it was only sporting that he not play as well.

He seems to have not alerted his coach or teammates to his decision though.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Way to roll over and die, Houston

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

Can't wait to see prospects 15-60 run through drills!

I read this as "prospects 16 to 60 years old".

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I was honestly shockd that Houston is going this quietly with Kawhi sidelined.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pop finds a way to beat flawed teams and Houston is a flawed team.

Harden has only taken 9 shots and its the 4th quarter

wow

edited May 2017
    I remember why Ginoboli is my 2nd fav Spur of all time behind Duncan

also

Xehalus on
    I'm very glad to see Harden lose. Bad luck to the rest of the Rockets, but I dislike Harden.

114-75?

What the hell?

This discussion has been closed.