As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Tempest Trials and FE: Warriors Special Maps

• Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Polaritie wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    So what is better about a 4* Olivia than a 3*? I mean obviously apart from more stars and all. The skills apart from Dance don't look amazing, but maybe I'm missing something?

Hone Attack 3, Silver Sword.

Nah, she already gets the Silver Sword at 3*.
    But yeah, the few extra stat points from the increased star rating (+2 to Atk and Spd, +1 the rest), Hone Attack 3, plus whatever skill inheritance you want to give her. 4* opens up a lot more possibilities there.

Ark Evensong on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Mostly, it's the smidgen of extra BST to help your arena score. that is, if you're not crazy enough to go all the way to 5* (and probably eat another 5* for a sapphire sword)

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So what is better about a 4* Olivia than a 3*? I mean obviously apart from more stars and all. The skills apart from Dance don't look amazing, but maybe I'm missing something?

But yeah, the few extra stat points from the increased star rating (+2 to Atk and Spd, +1 the rest), Hone Attack 3, plus whatever skill inheritance you want to give her. 4* opens up a lot more possibilities there.

Ah, I see. I have literally never used her turn for anything other than Dance, so actually hitting a thing never occurred to me.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular

Ah, I see. I have literally never used her turn for anything other than Dance, so actually hitting a thing never occurred to me.

If you go the Ruby Sword+ route she can actually take the place of many sword lords and kill troublesome greens (Hector, in particular). Also, it's always nice to have just slightly more viable range if she's the closest unit to a straggler.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to tell what terrain gives defense bonuses. There's nothing to tap on and I don't see the character's defense visibly go up or anything...

These new Defensive Battles are just a little ridiculous. Stuck on a tiny platform that guarantees the enemies can all attack you freely each turn since they can stand out of range and then move in on their turn. Is there a tank mage about to be added to whale for or what?

I mean, with damage reduction and high defense I think you'd shrug off most attacks on those spaces. The defensive terrain all seems to have a border around the tile(s).

The map I first got frustrated with has your team stuck on an island surrounded by mages, who can all target you immediately but you can't reach them. You have to wait for them to come to you, so they'll always get the first attack off. Every round for the 6 rounds you have to survive.

I'm not sure what mage/archer that would be able to attack them back also has enough defense to tank that much damage. I don't think the defense tiles give enough bonus to make that big of a difference.

Unless you're suggesting you just slap four tanks on those tiles and attempt to wait out the mage bombardment plus the fliers that show up later...?

Hmm. Havent gotten to that one yet.

late to the party but if you have someone with smite you can knock your team mates off the island and then move the smiter to the other side so the mages can't hit them.

camo_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to tell what terrain gives defense bonuses. There's nothing to tap on and I don't see the character's defense visibly go up or anything...

These new Defensive Battles are just a little ridiculous. Stuck on a tiny platform that guarantees the enemies can all attack you freely each turn since they can stand out of range and then move in on their turn. Is there a tank mage about to be added to whale for or what?

I mean, with damage reduction and high defense I think you'd shrug off most attacks on those spaces. The defensive terrain all seems to have a border around the tile(s).

The map I first got frustrated with has your team stuck on an island surrounded by mages, who can all target you immediately but you can't reach them. You have to wait for them to come to you, so they'll always get the first attack off. Every round for the 6 rounds you have to survive.

I'm not sure what mage/archer that would be able to attack them back also has enough defense to tank that much damage. I don't think the defense tiles give enough bonus to make that big of a difference.

Unless you're suggesting you just slap four tanks on those tiles and attempt to wait out the mage bombardment plus the fliers that show up later...?

late to the party but if you have someone with smite you can knock your team mates off the island and then move the smiter to the other side so the mages can't hit them.

Also possible to line up on one side and ignore the enemies on the other as it turns out.

These maps were brutal, but they're figuring out how to make shit hard.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular

Also possible to line up on one side and ignore the enemies on the other as it turns out.

But that assumes you have range to attack the guys on the side you line up on. i basically had effie send over zeph, hector and elise and left her to deal with fliers from the south

camo_sig.png

But that assumes you have range to attack the guys on the side you line up on. i basically had effie send over zeph, hector and elise and left her to deal with fliers from the south

There's a few strategies I know of for that island map:

1. Distant Counter + Vantage/Quick Riposte and a healer. Ike/Hector/Xander are tanky enough to take physical hits, and while Ike can heal back up with Aether, Hector and Xander likely need healer support to top off their HP for Quick Riposte.
    2. Smite/Reposition onto one side and ignore the other side completely. This cuts the number of enemies you need to face by 40%, at least.
    3. Flier Emblem lets you rush the enemies and kill them before they clump up.

I basically used a combination of 1 and 3 - Ike and Nowi tanked and killed the ranged enemies while Blucina killed off the stragglers. Minerva was used to charge off and kill specific enemies (blue mages in particular, who would kill Ike and weren't weak to Blucina/Nowi).

Does anyone have that list of lvl 3 skills that can be inherited from 4*s?

steam_sig.png
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Does anyone have that list of lvl 3 skills that can be inherited from 4*s?

This one?

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Skill_Chains_4_Stars_List

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Yeah, thanks

steam_sig.png
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I did not realise Echoes was out this month!

Preordered, wonder if we'll see any further promotion.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    I did not realise Echoes was out this month!

Preordered, wonder if we'll see any further promotion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrNhgVVHHAc

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    A passive to make healers not gimped? Want. (when she hopefully becomes available at 4* after this banner). That might make Elise actually viable for horse emblem!

steam_sig.png
    Voting gauntlet is up. I've had good luck picking 2nd place, but not really sure this time around. Robin maybe?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Voting gauntlet is up. I've had good luck picking 2nd place, but not really sure this time around. Robin maybe?

Anyone Tharja is up against.

Kelor wrote: »

Anyone Tharja is up against.

There is only one second place! I agree that Tharja is definitely going to be the winner but I don't really know which guy she'll be up against.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Gotta go with my boy Henry. Actually surprised to see him currently beating Leo, but we'll see how long that lasts.

EDIT: It seems like nobody on my friend's list is on team Henry, which means I actually need to put some effort into these battles. So if any of you guys are joining this team, shoot me a friend request! 6285202769.

AshtonDragon on
  • BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Was checking out my healers yesterday and realized they all have bad healer IVs. Many are +ATK.

Guess Wrathful staff could save my Clairne :P

ffbe ign: Kas
    Clarine with Horse buffs don't need no saving!

• BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Yeah but I don't have any other real horses yet besides the 4* xander who's not leveled and don't have a Reinhart.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Some really interesting skills on these units. Could add some new playstyles (healer dmg, tightly packed units, Draug Emblem with distant defense and ward armor). I want distant defense for my sheena! Man she becomes even more of a wall, since I dont have a spare Hector for her.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Celica looks interesting. And the influx of new skills is cool. No character or unit looks "must have" though. I might roll a few reds, but I'll probably sit on most of my orbs.

Yeah but I don't have any other real horses yet besides the 4* xander who's not leveled and don't have a Reinhart.

You can get one of the best buffs off of the free Gunter each week.

edited May 2017
    Go Team Julia! Trying to figure out the best way to use flags for maximum feathers...

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Tharja losing to Linde!! 3x bonus is powerful!

Smoogy wrote: »
    Go Team Julia! Trying to figure out the best way to use flags for maximum feathers...

For me, the best bet has been to essentially use flags as early as possible (basically as I get them), since the size of your team can only grow in the later rounds. I've been able to rank up pretty high in early rounds and get those extra feathers.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    What does Wrathful staff even actually do? Also, let me put a combat special on a healer damnit.

edit: "Staff attacks always do half the damage they should based on atk, this skill means they actually do normal damage."

How the hell did I not notice this D:

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Maybe you never attacked with a healer, hehe. The only reason to do so before is with Pain for 10 true damage. Now a world of possibilities opens up!

Smoogy-1689

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Hmm, so the absorb staff on a Priscilla (most durable cavalry healer) sounds like it could be interesting.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I suppose this is a start. Now make healers able to inherit offensive specials. And able to inherit Poison Strike.

edited May 2017
    Google Doc for real-time gauntlet tracking. (use this as a way to know when your person is down...when that happens, use maximum feathers to ramp up your in-army bonus).

Main Reddit thread. Sanaki has pulled ahead of Julia - that 3x bonus is powerful! Tharja and Linde are neck and neck. Same with Leo and Henry, and still plenty of time for Merric to pull an upset over Robin.

This new format is really exciting!

Also got a deathless or close-to-deathless run for a 4,806 score. Maybe will be gettimg crushed up in Tier 17 next season, if my rank holds. Julia, Azura, Hector, Zephiel ftw.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I must pull for Genny...

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    oh wow.

So I had been having bad luck in Adv arena, so I kept running Int. was usually hitting around 1500 ish points.

Swapped out Tiki for Ike and went back in Advanced.

Finished a full 7 for the first time with 4472 points ending it.

Here's my current Arena team if anyone has any suggestions:

Ike - Ragnell, Reposition, Luna, Heavy Blade 2, Swordbreaker 2, Threaten Spd 2 (need more SP on him to get those all to 3)
    M Robin - Blarraven +, Reposition, Bonfire, Triangle Adept 3, Seal Res 2, Spur Def 3, Atk +1
    Ephraim - Siegmund, Swap, Moonbow, Fury 3, Seal Def 3, Speed +1
    Lissa 4* - Assault, Rehabilitate, Swift Winds Balm, Defiant Res 2, Renewal 2, Hone Atk 3, HP +3

I seem to deal with Hector, Ryoma, Takumi, Dancer teams pretty well, which are becoming more common I see.

ManetherenWolf on
    I've started the long process of merging some units. Nowi is now packing Bonfire - last thing to put on her is an assist, but I'm not 100% of what to put on her.

Do most people find better success with Reposition or Swap on melee infantry? In particular, ones with Distant Counter? I'm thinking that Reposition is probably safer (to throw dancers out of danger and to move armored units without giving up my position), but lots of people are having success with Swap (which I've never used), so it sounds like I might be doing something wrong.

I like Swap on armor units but never used on anyone else. I kept Rally Defense for my Nowi, but Reposition on Julia has been great. I trypically have Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice on people with Vantage/Desperation/hp-related moves.

Smoogy-1689

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    It kinda depends on the situation I think. Repo is probably overall more useful though.

Swap is good for tossing that attacker a single spot forward to get an early attack in, or to switch around in tight quarters to get your defenders in better positions to block and protect weaker units.

Reposition does require having an open spot on the other side to work, so that limits it a bit, but overall it creates bigger swings in movement across the map, and can keep both units out of attack range if you dont want to be on the defensive.

Im having decent luck with 2 Repo and 1 Swap right now.

Smoogy wrote: »
    I like Swap on armor units but never used on anyone else. I kept Rally Defense for my Nowi, but Reposition on Julia has been great. I trypically have Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice on people with Vantage/Desperation/hp-related moves.

Yeah, I can see Swap being useful on armored units (though I prefer Pivot/Reposition because I'm easily annoyed by the one-square movement).

I've actually been moving away from Vantage and more towards Quick Riposte (Nowi and Xander are all bulky and relatively slow, while Ike runs the Heavy Blade/Quick Riposte/Aether engine), so I'm looking towards heals to keep my units in QR range. Hell, I'm seriously thinking about putting Breath of Life on Kagero just to top off Ike and Nowi, or running with S!Chrom as an Ardent Sacrifice/Renewal healer.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    I have Swap on everyone because Quick Riposte is legit and Subaki comes with Swap too. It's excellent, Reposition is more for launching armours into attack range.

Also yeah, Breath of Life is actually pretty excellent if you have a lot of Fury units, my Julia puts in work.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png