As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Sysadmin] Go to the new thread now, dog.

1939495969799»

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    yeah but I can do it in c#

and ur mom

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    yeah but I can do it in c#

and ur mom

ur mom is C++

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    also domain and computer admins should be able to do anything they fucking want to do

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    also domain and computer admins should be able to do anything they fucking want to do

well, welcome to windows

you can't impersonate a user either, for example

and anyway, you can do it MS just didn't provide you with tools to do so

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Aioua wrote: »

well, welcome to windows

you can't impersonate a user either, for example

and anyway, you can do it MS just didn't provide you with tools to do so

fuck those guys then

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    also you totes can impersonate users in windows

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

...how?

I mean I can change their password, then log in as them.

I can't be like "Hey let me log in as DOMAIN\USER, here's my DOMAIN\SUPERUSER credential"

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

...how?

Like so:

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Adobe's whole cloud licensing system is fucking smelly, sweaty ball sack.

• twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    i'm sick and was hoping to take the afternoon off

instead I have spent the entire day downloading 1.5G & 500M files over a (heavily utilized) T1 to a terminal server, and then to the destination server over the same T1 because I have to upgrade/patch a server tomorrow morning.

I want to punch the person who said, "surely a t1 will be enough for anything we need to do for the customer!"

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    twmjr wrote: »
    i'm sick and was hoping to take the afternoon off

instead I have spent the entire day downloading 1.5G & 500M files over a (heavily utilized) T1 to a terminal server, and then to the destination server over the same T1 because I have to upgrade/patch a server tomorrow morning.

I want to punch the person who said, "surely a t1 will be enough for anything we need to do for the customer!"

Show someone the bill.

Pretty much all the motivation necessary.

Twitch: Thawmus83
This discussion has been closed.