As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bohemia Interactive presents DayZ 1.0 or: Wait, It's Actually Out of Early Access?

• HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    Last night we killed something like 14 people. Rhino, Hammy, Vsove and I staying alive the whole time until the last 2. It was pretty much the best we've done in probably like a year I bet or even longer =P

my determination: the AKM is cruise control for ez mode

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I still dream about finding UAZs on isolated hilltops

One day I might have to remake the Chernarus map so it is like in my dreams

• M.RhinoM.Rhino Registered User new member
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    Last night we killed something like 14 people. Rhino, Hammy, Vsove and I staying alive the whole time until the last 2. It was pretty much the best we've done in probably like a year I bet or even longer =P

I had a lot of fun. Very proud of myself for not dying and killing at least 2 people. Also, there was 0 friendly fire. Good job!

• Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    I still dream about finding UAZs on isolated hilltops

One day I might have to remake the Chernarus map so it is like in my dreams

I love the SA and think it's full of improvements but the mod definitely had a different feel that I some times miss, and BMRF #4 map was best chernarus map imo. More isn't always better, they need to chill with adding so many towns.

• HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    wod7ilykm682.png
    So, in an effort to catch M.Rhino up on approximately five years of DayZ shenanigans, I went digging for the video of Wombat crashing the little bird into the firestation at the NEAF. I found the PCE guy's perspective, but I wanted to find our perspective, so I combed through the posts from 2013 until I found this, but the video is "unavailable."

Who uploaded it? Who do I need to bug about getting a copy? (The URL is https://y outu.be/ROnqbWSjQfI)

Hamuel on
    edited February 2017
    Well, tonight I achieved a longtime goal. That goal being becoming death and cutting down my enemies with a chainsaw.

Arrive in Gorka > find chainsaw > find gas canister > hide in the police station > let the prey fall into my web.
    emj17gy9x2a3.png
    o5njaq42t74k.png

Hamuel on
    They never saw it coming.

Barrels are going to disappear after tomorrow morning (2/25). I'm going to grab as much stuff as I can tonight.

I don't think they can actually do it but I think any of you who actually have twitter accs (I don't) should vote yes on this:

Assuming you agree of course.

edited February 2017
    I took the shed barrel and akm and what ammo i could. The wall barrel is still there with a blaze and sks and some crappier (damaged) ammo if anyone gets to it, if not whatever. We have 3 or 4 barrels logged out as far as I know.

Ash of Yew on
    Replaced the bush barrel tonight. Heard tons of gunfire no more than 400 meters away from the castle, which freaked me out, but I got the job done. For you guys.

I wanted to run to the base to grab a barrel but before I could get there, I got shot in the head

For you guys

I logged back in today and placed a green barrel down by one of the ponds and scattered some protector cases around with various things. I apparently logged out with more gear than could fit in one barrel.

edited February 2017
    So the chicken video got taken down I guess?? I'm guessing the song got it flagged.

Looking at that guy's videos there's this one though
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP7WwkI_w_c

I think just as impressive as most of these jumps are, is the amount of times he probably died and shit trying it. I mean how much trouble do I have just vaulting over a fence or to the shed barrel, and this dude is doing precision jumps. It's kind of interesting how much you can actually get away with too, even with the clunky ass system.

Ash of Yew on
    So, apparently The Chipotle Bandits are going to do a FULL wipe on the server now. It will include characters as well as persistence...

Re: Bororm

Some of those seem like excellent spots to snipe from, you could for example lie down on the camo netting with a ghillie suit on

Re: Rhino

Oh noooo

Yeah he definitely got to some pretty cool spots, and also had some pretty sneaky escape routes like in the old glass industrial buildings. I kinda miss those buildings, there's never a reason to go in them any more, even to snipe from :(

vehicles are back on stable, babes

Hamuel wrote: »
    vehicles are back on stable, babes

Wahoo!
    Some people are saying they're better than ever, and some people are saying they're completely awful. I'm guessing it's really server dependent, or maybe personal ping or something. Any ways, I think I'd be way more willing to jump on these days if we had a pickup. It should also make looting the west end of the map where everything gets shoved better.

Also, maybe even more fun than having one yourself is fighting against vehicles imo.

edited March 2017
    laaaaame, didn't even get to try it

edited March 2017
    Thanks to Bororm I now always read "Borormir" instead of "Boromir"

Platy on
    videogames

edited March 2017
    Put guns back on the coast and I'd be more inclined to jump on for short periods. Let me grab a mosin and climb a tower like the good o'days, instead of having to invest an hour+ to do anything.

I was a little surprised to see readding vehicles to stable didn't have much noticeable effect on the population: http://steamcharts.com/app/221100#7d

Ash of Yew on
    I'd be up to play some today

I have an SKS with 5 shots in cherno. I saw my first vehicle, it was a sedan stuck in the air 10 feet off the ground with ruined everything I assume. I was scared to get close.

Zombies still don't believe in doors.

I got a new computer, boys. I got all the frames. Let's play again. I have two big guns up at Tisy. Someone come get em.

Guys, guys, maybe we can play a bit this weekend?

Maybe so!

The latest status report says there will only be 2 major updates this year. Which is the same as last year, so I guess at least they're upfront about it this time?

The first one is .62 which is just going to be a visual update to trees/weather/lighting and map changes. No content/gameplay changes, so while I'm sure it'll look cool that doesn't offer anything really to longevity.

The other update is beta, with the new player controller/animator and all that big junk. Unfortunately, I'd bet money on that being end of the year, just like last year.

So in the mean time, I guess we can talk about things and stuff. Ya'll like hot pockets? :[

edited April 2017
    I hope to one day visit the US and watch TV and eat Hot Pockets

The American Dream

Platy on
    Lol! Cracked me up for real.

This is now going to be the Playerunknown's Battlegrounds thread, for exactly two weeks (I'm sorry, Wombat)

I think battlegrounds has enough luck/rng in it that I can never really decide just how frustrated I should be when I lose a fight.

Did we really play 9 hours of PUBG in different configurations yesterday

It's like back in the day when we used to fix helicopters

Did we really play 9 hours of PUBG in different configurations yesterday

It's like back in the day when we used to fix helicopters

Well you played 9 hours, I probably played like 6-7, and I think the rest fell a bit short of that but yeah! We got some time in for sure haha.

Vsove said he wasn't as hardcore as me

True words?

Our favorite video is back up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVFrnzYkvsY

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    My favourite DayZ video is apparently half a decade old?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRDjTdHUjS4

edited May 2017
    Haha that is pretty good

This is one of the first videos I saw that sold me on the mod, I'm not even entirely sure why. The mod sure felt grittier some how though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmvg-_Py2fo

Ash of Yew on